Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - July 2014

Posted by sah67 
Alumni in the Pros - July 2014
Posted by: sah67 (---.ornith.cornell.edu)
Date: July 01, 2014 02:09PM

Matt Moulson is heading back to Buffalo: he signs a 5-year, $25M deal:

Re: Alumni in the Pros - July 2014
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 02, 2014 11:52AM

Not our alum, but an important guy in Cornell history: the Isles sign Jack Skille. You might remember him from such mind-bendingly painful losses as this.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 11:54AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hubspot.com)
Date: July 02, 2014 12:56PM

Trotsky
Not our alum, but an important guy in Cornell history: the Isles sign Jack Skille. You might remember him from such mind-bendingly painful losses as [REDACTED].

No idea what you're talking about. I don't remember that game. That game never happened.

(Or, if we're counting minutes, those two games never happened.)

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: July 02, 2014 02:45PM

I just rewatched the play and holy cow I can't believe how bad that clear attempt was. To be fair, they'd been playing for 14 hours, but still.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.google.com)
Date: July 03, 2014 12:17PM

Could be the end of his career. Pretty good run for a while.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 03, 2014 06:55PM

Ronald '09

Could be the end of his career. Pretty good run for a while.
Pains me to say it, but he ranked among the bottom handful of defensemen in the league this year in the advanced stats I'm finding, in addition to being singled out for looking slow in the playoffs. I guess I could see an old-school GM taking a shot at him as a 6th/7th defenseman/tough guy, but you may be right about it being the end of the road for him.

Posted by: jts15 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: July 05, 2014 08:13AM

Not alumni news but didn't want to start a new thread for this (feel free to move to more appropriate location). Cole Bardreau is at the Detroit Red Wings summer development camp. It's a long read about the camp's first day in general and very little about Cole but here is the first impression:

85 Cole Bardreau: Cole's not big at 5'10" and 187 pounds, and Cole's not had a great three seasons at Cornell, but he turned and burned like nobody's business on the first day. He was incredibly fast playing alongside Mantha, Larkin or whoever he skated with, and he looked like somebody shot him out of a cannon.

[kuklaskorner.com]

Also, looks like P. Hudon is no longer with the Wings org. and Seth Appert is working the camp.

Posted by: marty (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 05, 2014 01:56PM

jts15
Not alumni news but didn't want to start a new thread for this (feel free to move to more appropriate location). Cole Bardreau is at the Detroit Red Wings summer development camp. It's a long read about the camp's first day in general and very little about Cole but here is the first impression:

85 Cole Bardreau: Cole's not big at 5'10" and 187 pounds, and Cole's not had a great three seasons at Cornell, but he turned and burned like nobody's business on the first day. He was incredibly fast playing alongside Mantha, Larkin or whoever he skated with, and he looked like somebody shot him out of a cannon.

[kuklaskorner.com]

Also, looks like P. Hudon is no longer with the Wings org. and Seth Appert is working the camp.

Appert working? Please define working.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: July 05, 2014 02:10PM

jts15

[kuklaskorner.com]

Interesting how players can be faster than you realize. Everyone with the Sens says Greening's crazy fast, and while he certainly could skate around some defenders at Cornell, I didn't remember him being lightning fast. Same with Bardreau I think.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 05, 2014 05:02PM

Dafatone
Everyone with the Sens says Greening's crazy fast, and while he certainly could skate around some defenders at Cornell, I didn't remember him being lightning fast.
Huh. I'd have said he positioned himself well and was efficient, but fast? News to me, too (at least when comparing NHL camp invitees who I'd imagine are insanely fast.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 07, 2014 02:15PM

Trotsky
Dafatone
Everyone with the Sens says Greening's crazy fast, and while he certainly could skate around some defenders at Cornell, I didn't remember him being lightning fast.
Huh. I'd have said he positioned himself well and was efficient, but fast? News to me, too (at least when comparing NHL camp invitees who I'd imagine are insanely fast.)
He narrowly lost to Carl Hagelin (who is definitely very fast) in the Fastest Skater event at the All-Star Skills Competition a couple years ago. It doesn't necessarily mean that A) he's equally fast with a puck (the event was just skating, not stickhandling), and B) he plays in a manner that utilizes that speed like Hagelin does.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: July 07, 2014 03:34PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
Dafatone
He narrowly lost to Carl Hagelin (who is definitely very fast) in the Fastest Skater event at the All-Star Skills Competition a couple years ago. It doesn't necessarily mean that A) he's equally fast with a puck (the event was just skating, not stickhandling), and B) he plays in a manner that utilizes that speed like Hagelin does.

Yeah. Game speed and skill competition speed are different things, but I was definitely shocked to see that when it happened.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login