Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2014-15 Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
2014-15 Schedule
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 02, 2014 10:35AM

Cornell 2014-15 Schedule

I’ve attached the full ECAC schedule.

Sat 10/18 Red-White
Fri 10/24 US Under 18 Ex
Sat 10/25 Carleton Ex
Fri 10/31 UNO
Sat 11/01 UNO
Fri 11/07 @ Princeton
Sat 11/08 @ Quinnipiac
Fri 11/14 Clarkson
Sat 11/15 SLU
Fri 11/21 Yale
Sat 11/22 Brown
Sat 11/29 MSG Penn State
Fri 12/05 Denver
Sat 12/06 Denver
     Florida College Hockey Tournament
Sun 12/28 Miami-Notre Dame, Cornell-Lake Superior State
Mon 12/29 Consy & Championship
Fri  1/09 @ SLU
Sat  1/10 @ Clarkson
Fri  1/16 @ Union
Sat  1/17 @ RPI
Fri  1/23 Harvard
Sat  1/24 Dartmouth
Fri  1/30 @ Colgate
Sat  1/31 Colgate
Fri  2/06 Quinnipiac
Sat  2/07 Princeton
Fri  2/13 @ Dartmouth
Sat  2/14 @ Harvard
Fri  2/20 RPI
Sat  2/21 Union
Fri  2/27 @ Brown
Sat  2/28 @ Yale

Fri-Sun 3/06-08 ECAC Prelims
Fri-Sun 3/13-15 ECAC Quarters
Fri  3/20 ECAC Semis @ LP
Sat  3/21 ECAC Finals @ LP

Fri-Sun 3/27-29 NCAA Regionals
           Providence, South Bend, Manchester, Fargo
Thur 4/09 NCAA Semis     Boston
Sat  4/11 NCAA Finals    Boston

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 08:11AM by Jim Hyla.

Attachments:
open | download - ECAC 2014-15 Men's Schedule.pdf (170.7 KB)
Re: 2014-15 Schedule
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2014 01:25PM

Valentine's Day at Hahvahd. How Romantic.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 02, 2014 01:48PM

Rita
Valentine's Day at Hahvahd. How Romantic.
The last time that happened was not romantic...

Edit: third-to-last time.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 01:51PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.ngpsoftware.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 10:46AM

Maine quit the Florida tournament:
[bangordailynews.com]

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: January 30, 2014 11:58AM

Ben Rocky '04
[bangordailynews.com]

I guess this trend of wasting playing non-conference games vs. in-conference teams isn't limited to the ECAC.

Money rules, and if Maine can pocket full-house gate shares in both Portland and Manchester AND save travel costs to FL, it makes loads of sense for them. Plus they'll be playing in front of 3x the number of fans at both venues, and they will actually have an atmosphere to boot.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 11:58AM

Ben Rocky '04
[bangordailynews.com]

The replacement better be from a different conference than the ECAC.

Posted by: BMac (---.smartleaf.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 12:47PM

Lock up Penn State early

Posted by: KGR11 (---.stantec.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 12:48PM

Ben Rocky '04
[bangordailynews.com]

I wouldn't be surprised if Notre Dame joining Hockey East factored in. They're probably locked in to fly to South Bend for conference play every other year.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 30, 2014 01:08PM

BMac
Lock up Penn State early

That's not a bad idea - probably tons of alumni in Florida, and they will be a strong program before long.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 02:13PM

BMac
Lock up Penn State early
Excellent idea. It would help them build their program and it would help us save the tourney.

Date: January 30, 2014 02:54PM

...plus we'd win more often until they improved!

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 04:01PM

Am I alone in thinking this tournament has run its course?

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: January 30, 2014 05:46PM

nyc94

So that means that you think it got up to running speed at some point, eh?

No, you're not alone, but 1) I've already made my bias against Florida clear and 2) somebody pointed out that the predecessor, the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament, was even more dreadfully depressing, and I can't argue against that.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 05:57PM

nyc94

hmm, maybe they can start a holiday tournament in Atlantic City (ducks for flying objects)

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.atc-nycorp.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 06:22PM

RichH
the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament

The most appropriate acronym in sports...

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 07:24PM

Ben Rocky '04
[bangordailynews.com]

More money for athletics

Woodcock said the trips to Florida for the tournament cost the school money even though some of the expenses were covered by the sponsors.

The nonconference games with New Hampshire should make money for the schools, he said.

and less for the school?

But he also called it a top-notch tournament and a useful fundraising tool because there are several Maine alums living in the Estero, Naples, Fort Myers area.

“But we’ll still be going down there for fundraising,” he said.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 04:03AM

RichH
nyc94

No, you're not alone, but 1) I've already made my bias against Florida clear and 2) somebody pointed out that the predecessor, the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament, was even more dreadfully depressing, and I can't argue against that.

I don't agree Estero has run its course. The novelty is gone for us since it's more than a decade old, but the players only get four of them, it's by all accounts something they look forward to (Ithaca or Orlando in December... let me think...), it's our seat at the holiday tourney table rather than having to be beholden to others, and it gives us exposure and a leg (skate?) up on a potentially interesting recruiting pool (redneck hockey players -- the next market inefficiency).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 04:04AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 08:01AM

Trotsky
it gives us exposure and a leg (skate?) up on a potentially interesting recruiting pool (redneck hockey players -- the next market inefficiency).

It has already paid dividends. See [www.naplesnews.com]

The Classic is held during the Florida International Holiday Invitational, a massive youth hockey tournament that runs until New Year's Eve at Germain. Hundreds of the youngsters will watch the Classic for free, something that Ferlin did when he played in the youth tournament. In fact, watching Cornell helped Ferlin become a fan of the Big Red at a young age.

"I grew up watching Cornell. I liked them growing up," Ferlin said.

Posted by: MattS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2014 08:07AM

Trotsky
RichH
nyc94

I don't agree Estero has run its course. The novelty is gone for us since it's more than a decade old, but the players only get four of them, it's by all accounts something they look forward to (Ithaca or Orlando in December... let me think...), it's our seat at the holiday tourney table rather than having to be beholden to others, and it gives us exposure and a leg (skate?) up on a potentially interesting recruiting pool (redneck hockey players -- the next market inefficiency).

I'm not a fan of it anymore. But if overall it is a positive for the players and is good for recruiting and alumni then I guess I'm cool with CU continuing at it.

Date: January 31, 2014 09:25AM

MattS
I'm not a fan of it anymore. But if overall it is a positive for the players and is good for recruiting and alumni then I guess I'm cool with CU continuing at it.
It's also a matter of alternatives. If we had the money, will and desire to resuscitate the NYC Holiday Tournament, attract a heavy hitter field year after year, sign a long-term, lucrative national TV deal, and make Manhattan Cornell's perpetual host regional, then... sure.

That new tech campus' budget is so huge we could just sneak a 20k arena into it as a miscellaneous line item, right?
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 09:28AM by Trotsky.

Date: January 31, 2014 10:01AM

Trotsky
RichH
nyc94

We don't have to go to a holiday tournament - or at least one before New Year's. The results haven't been that great. In fourteen years I think Cornell has won two games in Estero exactly once. Coming back right after Christmas and traveling to Florida doesn't allow for much practice after a long break. Maybe they would be better served spending time with family and coming back after New Year's. Schedule another exhibition game or Atlantic Hockey team at home as a warmup. I would hope that realignment would allow for more opportunities to schedule non-conference games to replace the Florida games either in October or January. Maybe not if more teams do what Maine and UNH are doing (Harvard/Yale, Union/RPI) in playing extra "rivalry" games. Scheduling might be easier if the Ivies moved up the start of the season a week. And yes, the location and the timing don't work for me. ;)

Date: January 31, 2014 10:14AM

While it would be great if the Ivies finally aligned schedule length and period with reason, there's zero chance of that since the current set-up gives them a lazy and deliciously sanctimonious development dollar-inducing posture. University presidents are raised to be charming, not sincere.

The solution to getting better results in holiday tournaments is to play better.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 10:15AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:29AM

This is the best option. NYC holiday tournament. Because then I'd get to go.

But it sure would take away the novelty of Red Hot Hockey.

Let's all be honest here: the best place for the holiday tournament is, of course, Vancouver.
Canadians LOVE Vancouver. Seriously, it's the Canadian Mecca. Everyone in Canada dreams of a house on Vancouver Island.
All of the players' families would love it. We'd get huge exposure with the youth market. Hell, the game can be against the Nanaimo Clippers for all I care. Or the Alaska teams.

Hmm, that would be fun.

Date: January 31, 2014 10:34AM

nyc94
We don't have to go to a holiday tournament - or at least one before New Year's. The results haven't been that great. In fourteen years I think Cornell has won two games in Estero exactly once.

100% positive we've won it at least four times in its fourteen years, and the randomized average should be 3.5.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 31, 2014 10:39AM

Beeeej
nyc94
We don't have to go to a holiday tournament - or at least one before New Year's. The results haven't been that great. In fourteen years I think Cornell has won two games in Estero exactly once.

100% positive we've won it at least four times in its fourteen years, and the randomized average should be 3.5.

How many of those were in shootouts?
edit: Three. Shootout wins go in the books as ties. So only once did Cornell win two games. Overall record in Florida is 10-14-4 (I think).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 12:07PM by nyc94.

Date: January 31, 2014 12:51PM

BMac
Let's all be honest here: the best place for the holiday tournament is, of course, Vancouver.
We actually did that in 1986, winning the University of Vancouver Thunderbird Invitational by sweeping them, Yale, and Seibu (Japan).

Date: January 31, 2014 03:20PM

nyc94
Beeeej
nyc94

How many of those were in shootouts?
edit: Three. Shootout wins go in the books as ties. So only once did Cornell win two games. Overall record in Florida is 10-14-4 (I think).

Wow, and I thought I was pedantic.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2014 02:55PM

Instead of Penn State, I'd rather us get St Cloud or W. Michigan as permanent attendees at Estero. In the past, when they were around, their fans traveled well.

That being said, any school not in the ECACH as permanent co-host is fine with me. Estero is fun & I don't want it to end. I wish more of y'all were there, and the Pep Band made it, but I've enjoyed going since 2006.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: February 02, 2014 03:49PM

Ben Rocky '04
Instead of Penn State, I'd rather us get St Cloud or W. Michigan as permanent attendees at Estero. In the past, when they were around, their fans traveled well.

That being said, any school not in the ECACH as permanent co-host is fine with me. Estero is fun & I don't want it to end. I wish more of y'all were there, and the Pep Band made it, but I've enjoyed going since 2006.

There's some chance I can make it next year, so of course the tournament might vanish.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2014 09:48AM

Ben Rocky '04
Maine quit the Florida tournament: [bangordailynews.com]
1. According to Maine's acting AD Seth Woodcock, trips to Florida for the tournament cost the school money even though some of the expenses were covered by the sponsors.
2. Coming a couple days after Christmas messes up the holiday season for players and their family.
3. Losing the Florida games allows for a two-game off-campus series vs. UNH in the states' major cities. Sort of like playing at MSG on a different scale.

So all good reasons for departing. Unsaid is the softer caliber of the competition. It's been a while since an Ohio State or Notre Dame played. Those were excellent years. You almost had to worry about buying tickets ahead of time.

Date: February 03, 2014 10:51AM

Does anyone know if our players' families tend to go to Estero? I have to wonder whether the situation is very different for Maine because their players are close enough to drive home for the holidays, whereas ours are from all over and their families come to Florida instead.

Check out Maine's roster:
[www.goblackbears.com]

Versus ours:
[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2014 11:51AM

BMac
Does anyone know if our players' families tend to go to Estero? I have to wonder whether the situation is very different for Maine because their players are close enough to drive home for the holidays, whereas ours are from all over and their families come to Florida instead.

[www.goblackbears.com]

Versus ours:
Thread drift: Maine has a player from Sweden named Bill Norman.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: February 03, 2014 12:19PM

Josh '99
BMac

[www.goblackbears.com]

Versus ours:
Thread drift: Maine has a player from Sweden named Bill Norman.

Ha! This is also the one item that struck me from perusing the rosters.

Date: April 07, 2014 04:41PM

Per the Colgate USCHO thread, Colgate is tentatively scheduled for 1/30-31. Since Denver is booked for the weekend of 10/31-11/1, that would imply UNO will be 10/31-11/1 and Denver will be 12/5-6.

All of this is provisional.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: April 07, 2014 06:19PM

Trotsky
Per the Colgate USCHO thread, Colgate is tentatively scheduled for 1/30-31. Since Denver is booked for the weekend of 10/31-11/1, that would imply UNO will be 10/31-11/1 and Denver will be 12/5-6.

All of this is provisional.

Thanks, I'll put them in as possibles.

Posted by: jkahn (---.bobbroadband.com)
Date: April 16, 2014 04:17PM

Estero Tournament
Sun. - Mon. Dec. 28-29
Day 1-
Game 1: Miami vs. Notre Dame
Game 2: Cornell vs. Lake Superior St.

note: info came directly to me from Craig Brush, so it's not conjecture.
I responded pointing out the obvious conflict with NFL Week 17.
Nevertheless, just made hotel reservations.

Date: April 16, 2014 04:40PM

jkahn
Estero Tournament
Sun. - Mon. Dec. 28-29
Day 1-

First time playing LSSU since the 1996 NCAA Tournament, if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by: redice (---.direcpc.com)
Date: April 16, 2014 04:56PM

Josh '99
jkahn
Estero Tournament
Sun. - Mon. Dec. 28-29
Day 1-

"Clang".... I can still hear P.C. Drouin's shot ringing off the crossbar late in that game. Damn!!

-Ned Harkness

Date: April 16, 2014 04:59PM

Josh '99
jkahn
Estero Tournament
Sun. - Mon. Dec. 28-29
Day 1-

Thanks, posted

Date: April 16, 2014 05:41PM

Is one of those three the new regular co-host, or are we going solo?

Date: April 17, 2014 03:48PM

Trotsky
Right now, those are all commitments for just 2014. The possibility of a longer term partner is still a "work in progress."

Date: April 17, 2014 04:26PM

jkahn
Trotsky
Right now, those are all commitments for just 2014. The possibility of a longer term partner is still a "work in progress."
Thank you.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 18, 2014 01:53PM

UNO schedule confirms 10/31 and 11/1.

Date: April 18, 2014 04:03PM

ursusminor

Thanks. As expected, they will have played 4 games when they play us. The Ivy League presidents need to make a change.

Date: April 18, 2014 04:31PM

Jim Hyla
Thanks. As expected, they will have played 4 games when they play us. The Ivy League presidents need to make a change.
Yale winning might have screwed us.

It would be interesting to know which of the members would be in favor of going to 34 games / normal start dates. I'm not even sure our beloved tax scam university is on the side of right and goodness. They know that from such little acorns of hypocritical symbolism great oaks of donor snobbery grow.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 04:32PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: April 18, 2014 05:07PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
Yale winning might have screwed us.

It would be interesting to know which of the members would be in favor of going to 34 games / normal start dates. I'm not even sure our beloved tax scam university is on the side of right and goodness. They know that from such little acorns of hypocritical symbolism great oaks of donor snobbery grow.

Agreed. Just like Princeton winning the Whitelaw the first year (?) of the PIG made that format stick longer than it should have, Yale proving "it" can be done with a late start date probably iced this for a while.

Date: April 18, 2014 09:19PM

Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Perhaps letting the Ivy football champion go to the NCAA playoffs. One school's season extends by 1-2 weeks. The Harvard men can probably handle the pressure of classwork, exams and football without their GPAs being affected.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2014 08:00PM

Denver schedule. The games are indeed 12/5 and 12/6.

Date: April 23, 2014 07:03AM

ursusminor
Denver schedule. The games are indeed 12/5 and 12/6.

Thanks, ? removed.

Date: June 10, 2014 12:42PM

Colgate's schedule shows 1/30 @ Colgate and 1/31 @ Lynah, so that should eliminate the final question marks other than exhibition games.
[www.gocolgateraiders.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 12:43PM by jkahn.

Date: June 13, 2014 07:28AM

jkahn
Colgate's schedule shows 1/30 @ Colgate and 1/31 @ Lynah, so that should eliminate the final question marks other than exhibition games.
[www.gocolgateraiders.com]

Thanks, done. I was hoping that one of them would be in the Dome. But the timing wasn't right.

Date: June 13, 2014 11:12AM

From Coach, a preview of what is now apparently official:

October

Saturday 	18		Red White Game					Home		7:00 pm	
Friday		24		USA Under 18 Team				Home		7:00pm
Saturday	25		Carleton University				Home		7:00 pm
Friday		31		University of Nebraska Omaha			Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	1		University of Nebraska Omaha			Home		7:00 pm

November

Friday		7		Princeton					Away		7:00 pm
Saturday	8		Quinnipiac					Away		7:00 pm
Friday		14		Clarkson					Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	15		St. Lawrence					Home		7:00 pm
Friday		21		Yale						Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	22		Brown						Home		7:00 pm
Friday		29		MSG						NYC		8:00 pm

December

Friday		5		Denver						Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	6		Denver						Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	28		Florida Everblades Classic				Estero, Fl
				Cornell vs Lake State						7:30 pm
				Miami vs Notre Dame						4:00 pm
Sunday		29		Consolation							4:05 pm
				Championship							7:35 pm

January

Friday		9		St. Lawerence					Away		7:00 pm	
Saturday	10		Clarkson					Away		7:00 pm
Friday		16		Union						Away		7:00 pm
Saturday	17		RPI						Away		7:00 pm
Friday		23		Harvard						Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	24		Dartmouth					Home		7:00 pm
Friday		30		Colgate						Away		7:00 pm
Saturday	31		Colgate						Home		7:00 pm

February

Saturday	6		Quinnipiac					Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	7		Princeton					Home		7:00 pm
Friday		13		Dartmouth					Away		7:00 pm
Saturday	14		Harvard						Away		7:00 pm
Friday		20		RPI						Home		7:00 pm
Saturday	21		Union						Home		7:00 pm
Friday		27		Brown						Away		7:00 pm
Saturday	28		Yale						Away		7:00 pm

- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2014 11:15AM by Beeeej.

Date: June 16, 2014 08:07AM

Beeeej

Looks like we were pretty close. Thanks to all who contributed. I'll add the preseason games to the schedule.

Date: June 17, 2014 11:10PM

Red Hot Hockey will be Saturday 11/29 (not Friday) according Cornell: [www.cornellbigred.com] [edit add:] The schedule about 3 posts up has it as Friday Nov. 29.

"NEW YORK — Following the successful debut of The Frozen Apple in 2012, Cornell University's Meakem*Smith Director of Athletics and Physical Education Andy Noel announced today that the series will continue with the men's hockey team returning to the "World's Most Famous Arena" for a matchup against Penn State University on November 29, 2014. The non-conference game features one of the most storied NCAA programs in Cornell and the nation's newest Division I program in Penn State."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 09:13AM by billhoward.

Date: June 18, 2014 10:49PM

billhoward
Red Hot Hockey will be Saturday 11/29 (not Friday) according Cornell: [www.cornellbigred.com]
That's what's printed on my tickets.

Date: June 19, 2014 11:30AM

Trotsky
billhoward
Red Hot Hockey will be Saturday 11/29 (not Friday) according Cornell: [www.cornellbigred.com]
I think Bill was referencing what was presumably just a typo in Beeeej's post:
Beeeej

November

Date: June 19, 2014 11:36AM

Josh '99
Trotsky
billhoward
I think Bill was referencing what was presumably just a typo in Beeeej's post:
Beeeej

November

That's what I figured, too - and the typo was in the original Word file Coach had attached to his email. I let him know after Bill pointed it out.

- Steve Worona

Date: June 21, 2014 08:10AM

Got it. I plead senility.

Date: June 24, 2014 09:12AM

Trotsky
Got it. I plead senility.
That was what we had all assumed anyway. :-}

Posted by: arugula (---.ny.subnet.cable.rcn.com)
Date: June 27, 2014 05:00PM

The NHL schedule was just released and the Rangers are listed as playing at MSG on 11/29 at 7:00 pm. Assume that will be moved to the afternoon. [rangers.nhl.com]

Posted by: carpy85 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: June 27, 2014 05:50PM

The Rangers game is actually at 1pm.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2014 12:28PM

^ Have to prioritize

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: July 21, 2014 02:36PM

Just made my plane reservations to get to Ithaca....in September.

My family is just not good at this... If it's hockey season, the wedding will inevitably be someplace else. When we finally get an Ithaca wedding on the rotation, nope, not during hockey season!

(and yes, many of you know that *I* carry that gene, too!)

Date: July 21, 2014 04:59PM

it'll probably be homecoming and you won't be able to get a hotel room.

Date: July 22, 2014 12:42AM

Nah, Homecoming is mid-October this year.

- Steve Worona

Date: July 22, 2014 07:26AM

Beeeej

Good. Back to normal.

Date: July 22, 2014 10:19PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Beeeej
Good. Back to normal.
Homecoming in September meant a better chance at warmer weather. Cornell used Homecoming as a reunion for alumni < 10 years out. September wasn't so bad but this year, no home football until October.

It's October 17-19 this year, football vs. Lehigh. Sept. 18-20 in 2015. [homecoming.cornell.edu]

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2014 12:01AM

Ithaca Voice with news release from the Big Red Sports Network. Fall schedule of audio broadcasts on CornellRadio.com.

Posted by: rmandel (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 22, 2014 03:05AM

.@FriarsHockey to play in Florida College Hockey Classic in 2015, per @CoachLeaman . Rest of field expected to be BC, Cornell, Ohio St.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 22, 2014 11:15AM

rmandel
.@FriarsHockey to play in Florida College Hockey Classic in 2015, per @CoachLeaman . Rest of field expected to be BC, Cornell, Ohio St.

That should be a very strong field. Great to see. Current USCHO rankings:

5. Providence
6. BC
18. Cornell
30. Ohio State

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: November 06, 2014 01:50PM

I just found out that Syracuse is having a "Frozen Dome Classic" at the Carrier Dome on 11/22.

Three games feature a Syracuse vs. Utica theme:
Syracuse Law Enforcement vs. Utica Law Enforcement
SUNY Oswego vs. Utica College (D3)
Syracuse Crunch vs. Utica Comets (AHL)

The organizers didn't think to set up something from the pool of Cornell, Colgate, Clarkson, SLU, RPI, Union, or RIT back in the orgainization phase to have a D1 game/tournament since they're already putting the ice down? Didn't have to be the Saturday, but maybe on the Friday or Sunday? Or a Cornell-Syracuse women's game, since the two are scheduled 2 weeks later.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 15, 2014 06:28AM

Do you really want to see the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament recreated in an even worse venue than the OnCenter?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: RichH (134.223.230.---)
Date: November 19, 2014 01:29PM

jtwcornell91
Do you really want to see the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament recreated in an even worse venue than the OnCenter?

Yeah, it would have to be during the Main Event to get any kind of crowd. And now that I'm looking at photos of the rink going in, I'm having flashbacks to Ford Field's FF.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 24, 2014 06:55AM

RichH
I just found out that Syracuse is having a "Frozen Dome Classic" at the Carrier Dome on 11/22.

The organizers didn't think to set up something from the pool of Cornell, Colgate, Clarkson, SLU, RPI, Union, or RIT back in the orgainization phase to have a D1 game/tournament since they're already putting the ice down? Didn't have to be the Saturday, but maybe on the Friday or Sunday? Or a Cornell-Syracuse women's game, since the two are scheduled 2 weeks later.

[www.nhl.com]
Wow.Syracuse, Utica break U.S. indoor attendance record

Date: November 24, 2014 07:55AM

jeff '84
RichH

[www.nhl.com]
Wow.Syracuse, Utica break U.S. indoor attendance record

Yes, as many people, or more, than usually watch Syracuse basketball. They had no other time to play the games except Saturday. They had to put the ice down, and remove it, in between other uses of the Dome. From what I know of the AHL owner, he would look anywhere to try to get fans into the seats.

Posted by: tominvb (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2014 02:22PM

Florida Classic 2015 looks to be a super line up. Me, I can not wait to get a crack at Notre Dame this year. Assuming of course that we get to play them on the 2nd day.

If you are there in Fort Myers this year you can see me by the goal judge (Irv, Dartmouth player from the fifties). stop by and say Hey.

Tom in Vero Beach

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2014 09:32PM

tominvb
Florida Classic 2015 looks to be a super line up. Me, I can not wait to get a crack at Notre Dame this year. Assuming of course that we get to play them on the 2nd day.

If you are there in Fort Myers this year you can see me by the goal judge (Irv, Dartmouth player from the fifties). stop by and say Hey.

Tom in Vero Beach

What is this goal judge of which you speak?

Posted by: tominvb (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2014 02:34PM

The goal judge is the guy in the little booth directly behind the goalie who turns on the light to indicate a goal. In Fort Myers there is not a booth so the seat next to him is usually where I sit when Cornell is on the ice. During the other non Cornell game I usually sit with friends in the row behind him. My friends usually root for Maine so it was best if we seperated during the Cornell contest.
Tom in Vero

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 26, 2014 03:42PM

tominvb
The goal judge is the guy in the little booth directly behind the goalie who turns on the light to indicate a goal. In Fort Myers there is not a booth so the seat next to him is usually where I sit when Cornell is on the ice. During the other non Cornell game I usually sit with friends in the row behind him. My friends usually root for Maine so it was best if we seperated during the Cornell contest.
Tom in Vero

I was being a wise ass. The goal judge at "The Morgue"© in Troy was an optional fixture last year, appearing sporadically. There is no booth this year.

i.e. RIP to the goal judge at RIP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login