Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC 2013-14

Posted by Trotsky 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ECAC 2013-14
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 06, 2013 12:45AM

A general thread for the conference in honor of the start of the (NC) season tonight.

Re: ECAC 2013-14
Date: October 13, 2013 10:48PM

RPI gave up 7 goals on 23 shots to BC today.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 14, 2013 08:13AM

Trotsky
That game officially ended at about 6 minutes into the second period. cry

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: October 14, 2013 12:39PM

ursusminor
Trotsky

So, I read the Troy Record article. Did anybody see enough of the game to say whether it was all bad defense versus goaltending?

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2013 12:52PM

Attendance at BC for the RPI game was 3195. Conte Forum (hockey) capacity 7884, 8606 when Steve Donahue's basketball team plays. BC did have no classes Columbus Day Monday. But still: 4500 empty seats. Plenty of room for recruits to sit and not be crowded.

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: October 14, 2013 03:45PM

billhoward
Attendance at BC for the RPI game was 3195. Conte Forum (hockey) capacity 7884, 8606 when Steve Donahue's basketball team plays. BC did have no classes Columbus Day Monday. But still: 4500 empty seats. Plenty of room for recruits to sit and not be crowded.

Conte has to be the worst of the Boston-area rinks, right? Matthews is the best.

Date: October 14, 2013 05:03PM

Weder
billhoward

Conte has to be the worst of the Boston-area rinks, right? Matthews is the best.
Haven't been to Agganis, but the old order was: Matthews > Walter Brown > Bright > ... > Conte

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2013 07:16PM

Trotsky
Weder
billhoward

Haven't been to Agganis, but the old order was: Matthews > Walter Brown > Bright > ... > Conte
Matthews is a good old traditional rink but, like any rink or stadium (e.g., Fenway Park) built 100 or so years ago, some of us don't fit in the seats.worry

Date: October 15, 2013 01:09AM

Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Trotsky

So, I read the Troy Record article. Did anybody see enough of the game to say whether it was all bad defense versus goaltending?
I just listened on WRPI since it wasn't streamed, so this is really the announcers' viewpoints as interpreted by me. It was the defense, not Kasdorf, and can be more blamed on the forwards not doing their defensive job than the defensemen. Also IMHO (which of course is quite biased), BC benefited from having the previous day off while RPI had a game.

Date: October 15, 2013 01:12AM

there doesn't seem to be an appropriate thread to post this, but does JMH intend to post his totally meaningless, early-year charts this year? It's always fun watching it slowly combine into a completely connected chart.

Date: October 15, 2013 06:41AM

Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
Weder
billhoward
Matthews is a good old traditional rink but, like any rink or stadium (e.g., Fenway Park) built 100 or so years ago, some of us don't fit in the seats.worry
Size matters, too. When you've got 8,000 seats, that's impressive. (So's 4,000 empty seats.) Albert Speer's architecture always had big to its credit.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2013 07:50AM

ursusminor
there doesn't seem to be an appropriate thread to post this, but does JMH intend to post his totally meaningless, early-year charts this year? It's always fun watching it slowly combine into a completely connected chart.
I appreciate the undeserved credit, but you're thinking of JTW.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 15, 2013 01:04PM

ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Trotsky

I just listened on WRPI since it wasn't streamed, so this is really the announcers' viewpoints as interpreted by me. It was the defense, not Kasdorf, and can be more blamed on the forwards not doing their defensive job than the defensemen. Also IMHO (which of course is quite biased), BC benefited from having the previous day off while RPI had a game.

This GIF says a lot.

Sure, Gaudreau's stick-handling make it look flashy, but I see a lot of flat feet on defense.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2013 02:50PM

billhoward
Size matters, too.
To this point, Cornell is the tallest team and the second heaviest team.

Date: October 15, 2013 03:13PM

Josh '99
ursusminor
I appreciate the undeserved credit, but you're thinking of JTW.
Oops!

Date: October 15, 2013 04:59PM

RichH
ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Trotsky

This GIF says a lot.

Sure, Gaudreau's stick-handling make it look flashy, but I see a lot of flat feet on defense.

You're right, if the rest of the game was like this, you certainly can't blame the goalies. Three guys standing at the blue line, and then they don't even get back fast enough to pick up the trailer.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: October 15, 2013 05:06PM

RichH
ursusminor
Jim Hyla
ursusminor
Trotsky

This GIF says a lot.

First of all, those monkeys could have at least deinterlaced the video before making a GIF out of it. Good lord.

But yeah, this is awful defense. I imagine RPI #12 is used to playing against beer league teams if he thinks he can stand still and poke check a BC forward like that.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 16, 2013 12:15PM

RatushnyFan
billhoward
Size matters, too.

Yes but who will be the tallest and heaviest in April?

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: October 16, 2013 03:13PM

marty
RatushnyFan
billhoward
Size matters, too.

Yes but who will be the tallest and heaviest in April?

Us, after the freshmen start getting some Hot Truck in them.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: October 17, 2013 12:40PM

A good a place as any for this.

ECAC Preview Capsules

Ahem. In addition to the one "Schaffer,"

Strength: The so called ‘sacred seven’, which is the six defensemen and goalie, should be the strength of the Big Red this season. Despite losing D’Agostino and Birch on defense, junior Joakim Noah leads a talented group on the blue line. Andy Iles will also return for his senior season between the pipes.

I love that the Chicago Bulls keep lending us one of their stars on the weekends. This is probably the third time I've seen/heard this.

Date: October 18, 2013 07:34AM

Jason Kasdorf out with a shoulder injury.

Troy Record

Date: November 03, 2013 10:29PM

Quinnipiac jumped to third in the RPICH after the shutout on 11/2. ECAC teams in the current RPICH:

03. Quinnipiac (8-1-0)
10. RPI (5-2-1)
15. Brown (2-1-1)
17. Clarkson (7-2-1)
---------------------
19. Cornell (3-1-0)
22. Yale (2-1-1)
25. SLU (4-2-2)
27. Union (3-2-2)
---------------------
29. Harvard (2-1-1)
33. Colgate (3-5-1)
42. Princeton (1-3-0)
56. Dartmouth (0-4-0)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 10:30PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 05, 2013 12:36PM

Quenneville leaves Q. Not sure if that will have much effect this year, but they'll need to find others to replace the offense they'll lose next year as the Jones brothers and Samuels-Thomas graduate (Peca has another year, unfortunately).

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: November 05, 2013 12:59PM

Trotsky
Quenneville leaves Q. Not sure if that will have much effect this year, but they'll need to find others to replace the offense they'll lose next year as the Jones brothers and Samuels-Thomas graduate (Peca has another year, unfortunately).

Doesn't Samuels-Thomas have another year too?

Date: November 05, 2013 01:26PM

Chris '03
Trotsky

He's listed as a senior, but since he transferred he may. I *thought* he had transferred as a junior and this would be his fourth year of eligibility, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2013 02:01PM

Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

He's listed as a senior, but since he transferred he may. I *thought* he had transferred as a junior and this would be his fourth year of eligibility, but I could be wrong.
Samuels-Thomas played two full years at Bowling Green before transferring to Quinnipiac. This is his last year.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: November 05, 2013 02:31PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

Samuels-Thomas played two full years at Bowling Green before transferring to Quinnipiac. This is his last year.

Thanks. I thought it had just been one year for some reason.

Posted by: BMac (---.smartleaf.com)
Date: November 05, 2013 04:32PM

REALLY interesting. Loved this chart.

What the hell is Notre Dame feeding their kids?!

(Or do they have a gigantic 300-lb dude?)

Date: November 05, 2013 04:39PM

BMac
REALLY interesting. Loved this chart.

What the hell is Notre Dame feeding their kids?!

(Or do they have a gigantic 300-lb dude?)

A freshman goaltender who is 6'5" and weighs 233 is only outweighed by a 6'4" 234 lb defensemen. Maybe they're trying the "wedge a fat-kid in net" gambit. They only have 2 players under 188 lbs, and they are both 5' 9" (165 & 175)

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 09:56AM

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I wouldn't call recruiting a 6'5"/233 goaltender wedging a fat kid in net (well, I would, if I were employing a dry sense of humor I guess?). I believe Bâby was about 225 at the same height and he was definitely long and lean and could have put on 15-20 lbs. and still been unfat. Semi-related, I'm realizing I need to start watching and learning more about more recent Cornell players in order to bring my frame of reference more up to date...

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 05:59PM

Jerseygirl
Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I wouldn't call recruiting a 6'5"/233 goaltender wedging a fat kid in net (well, I would, if I were employing a dry sense of humor I guess?). I believe Bâby was about 225 at the same height and he was definitely long and lean and could have put on 15-20 lbs. and still been unfat. Semi-related, I'm realizing I need to start watching and learning more about more recent Cornell players in order to bring my frame of reference more up to date...

Good guess! A game program from his senior year lists Bâby at 6'5", 235 lbs., outweighed only by his co-captain chubster, the 6'4", 240 lb. Doug Murray.

Date: November 07, 2013 12:35PM

Given their proximity and the events of 2012, I guess we have to put QU and YU as one of the hottest rivalries now, regardless of Yale's opinion.

From [www.courant.com]

A quick glance at StubHub shows tickets for the rematch of the 2013 national hockey championship between No. 9 Yale and No. 5 Quinnipiac Saturday night at TD Bank Sports Center are running from $150 to $200 for the best seats. Even general admission is going for $50. Contrast this to a few football tickets between No. 20 Louisville-UConn at Rentschler Field Friday night going for as little as $2 on StubHub and a whole bunch more are going for $5 to $12.

"I'm hearing rumors about how much they're going for online. There are some college kids who got their tickets and are making some pretty good money. I was told we hold 1,000 tickets for students for that game. They went on sale and they had 3,000 hits in four minutes and crashed the system."

I would like to point out to the writer that "seeing a price on StubHub" and "actually being sold at that price" are two completely different things. Anyway, I'm guessing those 1,000 student tickets are free, so the kids are making a buck regardless of the price.

I recall eBay listings and offers in front of Lynah for Harvard @ Cornell games breaking $100 in the late-90s and early-00s. Didn't we even get familiar with the NYS scalping laws on this board in that era?

Date: November 07, 2013 12:49PM

Jerseygirl
Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I wouldn't call recruiting a 6'5"/233 goaltender wedging a fat kid in net (well, I would, if I were employing a dry sense of humor I guess?).

Fine, let's talk light.

If you think Anas is light at 150 — and he could be the lightest to actually play Division I this season — Pecknold says you should have seen him when he recruited him as a senior in high school. "Maybe, 140 pounds," said Pecknold, pausing. "I might be high. You better ask him. I know he wasn't highly recruited because of his size." "Senior year, high school?" Anas said. "Oh, 130 pounds. I tried not to let that faze me."

And the postscript quotes a tweet from Anas:

Nov. 2: "Despite what Cornell cheering section was saying my last name isn't pronounced anus. #classicmixup."

[www.courant.com]

Date: November 07, 2013 01:52PM

RichH
Jerseygirl
Ehhhhhhhhhhh, I wouldn't call recruiting a 6'5"/233 goaltender wedging a fat kid in net (well, I would, if I were employing a dry sense of humor I guess?).

Fine, let's talk light.

If you think Anas is light at 150 — and he could be the lightest to actually play Division I this season — Pecknold says you should have seen him when he recruited him as a senior in high school. "Maybe, 140 pounds," said Pecknold, pausing. "I might be high. You better ask him. I know he wasn't highly recruited because of his size." "Senior year, high school?" Anas said. "Oh, 130 pounds. I tried not to let that faze me."

Nov. 2: "Despite what Cornell cheering section was saying my last name isn't pronounced anus. #classicmixup."

[www.courant.com]

So what they're saying is he's 150 at 5'8" (sigh, I remember when I weighed that...), which really means he's 150 at 5'5".
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 02:22PM by Jerseygirl.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2013 03:47PM

RichH
Jerseygirl

Fine, let's talk light.

[www.courant.com]
Doesn't "mixup" imply that the Cornell fans thought it was pronounced that way but were wrong, rather than the more likely explanation that they just didn't care?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: November 07, 2013 04:17PM

Josh '99
RichH
Jerseygirl

Fine, let's talk light.

[www.courant.com]
Doesn't "mixup" imply that the Cornell fans thought it was pronounced that way but were wrong, rather than the more likely explanation that they just didn't care?
I think his tweet reveals that he has a sense of humor. Not every player on every opposing team is a dumbass.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.28.---)
Date: November 07, 2013 04:26PM

Kyle Rose
Josh '99
RichH
Jerseygirl

Fine, let's talk light.

[www.courant.com]
I think his tweet reveals that he has a sense of humor. Not every player on every opposing team is a dumbass.

I believe it's pronounced Doo-MAH.

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: November 07, 2013 08:11PM

Josh '99
RichH
Jerseygirl

Fine, let's talk light.

[www.courant.com]
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 06:19AM

RPI's Kasdorf likely out for season.

Times Union 11-7-13

Date: November 08, 2013 07:23AM

marty

Times Union 11-7-13

Come on Marty, Ken Schott reported that a day earlier.:-D

Date: November 08, 2013 09:30AM

Jim Hyla
marty

Times Union 11-7-13

And if my newspaper wasn't under the forcythia I wouldn't have been a day late posting the TU article myself.

Date: November 08, 2013 09:40AM

Jim Hyla
marty

Times Union 11-7-13

Ken Shott
Kasdorf played in RPI's first two games this season, going 1-1 with a 3.49 GAA, a .786 save percentage and one shutout. The Engineers will apply a medical redshirt for Kasdorf, which will mean he still has three years of college eligibility.

Seth really thinks this Winnipeg Jets future ace is going to spend 5 years in Troy?!?

Date: November 08, 2013 09:57AM

marty
And if my newspaper wasn't under the forcythia I wouldn't have been a day late posting the TU article myself.
What is this "news paper" you speak of?

Date: November 08, 2013 11:40AM

marty
Jim Hyla
marty

Times Union 11-7-13

Forsythia isn't leafed out this time of year. No excuse.

Posted by: Killer (168.233.250.---)
Date: November 08, 2013 04:12PM

Jerseygirl
marty
Jim Hyla
marty

Times Union 11-7-13

Forsythia isn't leafed out this time of year. No excuse.

Au contraire. Many retain their leaves until late fall.

Posted by: Robb (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: November 09, 2013 09:40AM

My dad worked with John Forsyth, a descendant of the guy for whom forsythia is named (William, I think?).

Carry on.

Date: November 09, 2013 09:48AM

Robb
My dad worked with John Forsyth, a descendant of the guy for whom forsythia is named (William, I think?).

Carry on.
Which John? That whole family is fascinating.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2013 09:15PM

Princeton does the ECAC a solid and wins at Quinnipiac tonight, snapping their 13-game unbeaten streak.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 24, 2013 01:46AM

In related news, UNO swept #8 Miami over the weekend. Since we swept them during the first weekend of our season, UNO has gone 6-2, with wins over Denver, #8 Miami, #15 North Dakota, and #5 Michigan -- the two losses were to North Dakota & Michigan. Next weekend's opponent, currently unranked BU got a win & tie over those #15 Nodak characters. Possible future opponent Maine, crushed #7 BC 5-1. Princeton, currently in 10th place out of 12 in ECACHL, beat #4 Q (currently in 1st place in ECACHL). RIP split a weekend series with Merchhurst, as did St. L. with RIT.

If we take care of business against Niagara on Tuesday, this week's rankings should make the PR group at the World's Most Famous Arena happy.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 07:53AM by Swampy.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2013 03:56AM

N-I-A-G-A-R-A

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 24, 2013 09:14AM

RichH
N-I-A-G-A-R-A

But said "nye-AGG-gruh," like but unlike "Cuh[not Caye!]-YOO-guh."

"Hey Vern, you ever been to see them Nye-AGG-arr-uh Falls?"
"Nope, Earl, I never been out of Yates County."

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 24, 2013 10:59AM

Swampy
In related news, UNO swept #8 Miami over the weekend. Since we swept them during the first weekend of our season, UNO has gone 6-2, with wins over Denver, #8 Miami, #15 North Dakota, and #5 Michigan -- the two losses were to North Dakota & Michigan. Next weekend's opponent, currently unranked BU got a win & tie over those #15 Nodak characters. Possible future opponent Maine, crushed #7 BC 5-1. Princeton, currently in 10th place out of 12 in ECACHL, beat #4 Q (currently in 1st place in ECACHL). RIP split a weekend series with Merchhurst, as did St. L. with RIT.

If we take care of business against Niagara on Tuesday, this week's rankings should make the PR group at the World's Most Famous Arena happy.

Not that I would normally be looking at Pairwise in Novemeber but the rankings are part of the CHN app. And I was surprised we weren't a little higher. Looking closer I don't even see UNO. Something isn't right. USCHO doesn't have Pairwise up but they have RPI and their numbers are much different. Edit: CHN website has different Pairwise and RPI than the app. RPI appears to match USCHO.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2013 11:12AM by nyc94.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2013 12:16PM

nyc94
Swampy

Not that I would normally be looking at Pairwise in Novemeber but the rankings are part of the CHN app. And I was surprised we weren't a little higher. Looking closer I don't even see UNO. Something isn't right. USCHO doesn't have Pairwise up but they have RPI and their numbers are much different. Edit: CHN website has different Pairwise and RPI than the app. RPI appears to match USCHO.

Sorry. The PWR script wasn't running correctly. It's been updated and should continue to going forward. Having said that, it doesn't take into account the changes made to Pairwise calculations for this year yet. Waiting on JTW for that (hint, hint).

Posted by: ajh258 (64.212.61.---)
Date: November 24, 2013 03:53PM

It's still early and there might be changes to the calculations that might affect how this is going to pan out, but ECAC has had 5 teams in the top 16 for a few weeks already. If the conference could hold it together through the holiday weeks and not lose too many NC games, we might see 5 ECAC teams in the playoffs, which I'd guess would be the first time in a very long time.

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: November 24, 2013 07:26PM

ajh258
It's still early and there might be changes to the calculations that might affect how this is going to pan out, but ECAC has had 5 teams in the top 16 for a few weeks already. If the conference could hold it together through the holiday weeks and not lose too many NC games, we might see 5 ECAC teams in the playoffs, which I'd guess would be the first time in a very long time.
As best I can tell, it never happened (the TBRW page I'm going by is missing some data, e.g. UVM in 1997). There were 4 ECAC representatives each year from 81-84, but then the Great Divorce happened and it's been 2 or 3 each year except 2001 and 2004, when only the autobid made it.

Date: November 24, 2013 09:58PM

Robb
As best I can tell, it never happened (the TBRW page I'm going by is missing some data, e.g. UVM in 1997).
Corrected. Thank you!

Date: November 25, 2013 04:49PM

ajh258

I have a feeling we said this last year and it didn't go so well.

You can track interconference record here. ECAC is just slightly behind Hockey East in winning percentage.

Date: November 25, 2013 06:59PM

nyc94

You can track interconference record here. ECAC is just slightly behind Hockey East in winning percentage.

Gotta happen eventually.

Boy, Atlantic Hockey is awful. We need to beat NU.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 25, 2013 07:45PM

Trotsky
nyc94

Gotta happen eventually.

The ECAC appears to be on an upswing. The WCHA sheds most of it's top teams to the Big Ten and the NCHC. And we *still* have a losing record against them. Argh!

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 25, 2013 09:57PM

Trotsky

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 26, 2013 07:01AM

Scersk '97
Trotsky

+1

Date: November 26, 2013 12:46PM

Iles GOTY.

Date: November 26, 2013 02:22PM

Jim Hyla
Iles GOTY.

GOTW.

Date: November 26, 2013 02:47PM

RichH
Jim Hyla
Iles GOTY.

GOTW.
Defeatist

Date: November 26, 2013 04:38PM

Trotsky
RichH
Jim Hyla
Iles GOTY.

GOTW.
Defeatist

Let's not make him goalie of the woof.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.sub-174-236-35.myvzw.com)
Date: November 26, 2013 09:14PM

Trotsky
nyc94

Gotta happen eventually.

Harvard actually helping by beating UNH 6-3.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2013 09:33PM by nyc94.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.lightspeed.brfrct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 30, 2013 10:24AM

St. Lawrence beat North Dakota 5-2
Michigan State beat Princeton 4-1

Date: December 04, 2013 11:52AM

There are zero ECAC players on the American or Canadian World Junior rosters.

No word on South Africa or Singapore.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 11:54AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-3.myvzw.com)
Date: December 06, 2013 07:29PM

RIP resuscitated in the first period, leading deerticks 2-0 and with a 10-2 sog advantage.

Rpitv.org

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2013 07:52PM

Brown 2 Harvard 0
Dartmouth 3 Yale 0

Both early 2nd period

Date: December 06, 2013 09:25PM

Good:

Dartmouth (2-6) 4 Yale (3-2-2) 1
RPI (2-3-3) 3 Quinnipiac (6-1-2) 3

Bad:

Clarkson (5-2) 5 St. Lawrence (2-3-2) 4
Union (6-1) 3 Princeton (2-7) 0

Indifferent:

Brown (2-4-1) 2 Harvard (2-6-1) 1

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 12:46AM

Trotsky
Good:

Dartmouth (2-6) 4 Yale (3-2-2) 1
RPI (2-3-3) 3 Quinnipiac (6-1-2) 3

Bad:

Clarkson (5-2) 5 St. Lawrence (2-3-2) 4
Union (6-1) 3 Princeton (2-7) 0

Indifferent:

Brown (2-4-1) 2 Harvard (2-6-1) 1

Indifferent to Harvard losing?

Date: December 07, 2013 06:03PM

Dafatone
Indifferent to Harvard losing?
I'm not indifferent to them playing Yale tonight. Go Harvard.

Date: December 09, 2013 06:06PM

Great goal by RPI's Higgs against Q this past Friday. And great RPI TV coverage, of course.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2013 08:40PM

(Sigh) Wish we could get guys like that...

Date: December 09, 2013 08:56PM

TimV
(Sigh) Wish we could get guys like that...
... who don't get called for elbowing or cross-checking en route to the net. Damn, that was pretty.

With a name like Higgs at an engineering school, fans must be working OT to work a pun around bosun.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2013 08:59PM

And that's why they always teach you to play the man, not the puck.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2013 09:05PM

Jim Hyla

Great goal by RPI's Higgs against Q this past Friday. And great RPI TV coverage, of course.
Looks like against P, not Q. Gotta mind your P's and Q's, Jim.bolt

Date: December 10, 2013 07:24AM

Al DeFlorio
Jim Hyla

True, and it was Saturday not Friday.dohAt least the goal was nice.

Date: December 10, 2013 12:11PM

Al DeFlorio
Jim Hyla

Thanks Al. I was wondering how I missed this goal but the answer is quite simple. I was in NYC on Saturday not in Houston.

Date: December 11, 2013 09:56PM

Dartmouth almost caught Union napping tonight, leading 2-1 in the third before giving up the tying and winning goals in the last 11 minutes.

Union now at 8-1-0 and the clear leader in the conference going into break.

1 .889 Union
2 .750 Clarkson
3 .700 Quinnipiac
4 .611 Colgate
5 .562 Yale
6 .556 Cornell

Date: December 13, 2013 11:16AM

There are several interesting NC games this acarnelian weekend:

(All times Eastern)

Friday
7:00 Denver at RPI
8:30 Union at St. Cloud

Saturday
4:00 UMass at Colgate
7:00 Denver at RPI
7:00 St. Lawrence at Vermont
8:00 Union at St. Cloud

Sunday
2:00 UMass at Colgate

Date: December 14, 2013 09:58AM

Union knocks off top ranked St. Cloud 4-1. St. Cloud falls from the top of the Pairwise and is replaced by Providence.

Date: December 14, 2013 02:44PM

nyc94
Union knocks off top ranked St. Cloud 4-1. St. Cloud falls from the top of the Pairwise and is replaced by Providence.

And Providence is led by former Union coach Nate Leaman.worry

Date: December 14, 2013 03:41PM

marty
nyc94

That is primarily why I found it of interest. That and when was the last time Providence was at the top of anything?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2013 11:17AM

nyc94
marty
nyc94

That is primarily why I found it of interest. That and when was the last time Providence was at the top of anything?
The top of a list of largest cities in Rhode Island?

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: December 16, 2013 12:33PM

Josh '99
nyc94
marty
nyc94

The top of a list of largest cities in Rhode Island?

The Providence women's cross country team won the NCAA title a few weeks ago.

Date: December 16, 2013 12:45PM

nyc94
when was the last time Providence was at the top of anything?
Not the top, but sooooooooo close...

Date: December 16, 2013 04:10PM

Trotsky
nyc94
when was the last time Providence was at the top of anything?
Not the top, but sooooooooo close...

"However, Allstate says data was not available for Massachusetts drivers."

Today's poll has Providence 5th with two first place votes.

Date: January 03, 2014 09:22PM

For those who can catch it on Fox College Sports Central, Colgate just scored to take the lead 2-1 over Minnesota with 3:30 left in the 2nd at the Mariucci Classic.

Date: January 03, 2014 10:36PM

Colgate loses the lead on a PPG for the Goofers but wins the chance to advance in a shootout 2-1!!!popcorn

Stay tuned tomorrow as they take on #2 Ferris State.

Date: January 03, 2014 10:50PM

I don't know if that game will be broadcast- before the shootout the announcers said Minnesota would be broadcast tomorrow night on the Big Ten Network. If so, that would be the consolation game - against RPI. I would have trouble rooting for that team, but it would be neat to have Minnesota be Oh-for 2014 against the ECAC.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-70-215-7.myvzw.com)
Date: January 04, 2014 09:38AM

TimV
I don't know if that game will be broadcast- before the shootout the announcers said Minnesota would be broadcast tomorrow night on the Big Ten Network. If so, that would be the consolation game - against RPI. I would have trouble rooting for that team, but it would be neat to have Minnesota be Oh-for 2014 against the ECAC.

RPI pulled the same scheduling in their now defunct holiday tournament. Many of us came for the early game and left before RPI finished the nightcap. If RPI gets lit up tonight on the Big10 Network they shouldn't complain.

Date: January 04, 2014 07:09PM

marty
Colgate loses the lead on a PPG for the Goofers but wins the chance to advance in a shootout 2-1!!!popcorn

Stay tuned tomorrow as they take on #2 Ferris State.

3-0 Colgate win
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2014 07:12PM by nyc94.

Date: January 04, 2014 07:30PM

CHN PWR now has Cornell tied for 9th (Quinnipiac 6th, Union tied for 7th, Clarkson 12th).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2014 07:30PM by Trotsky.

Date: January 04, 2014 09:42PM

Harvard beats BU 7-4
Minnesota beats RPI 3-0 6-2
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 12:28AM by nyc94.

Date: January 04, 2014 11:49PM

nyc94
Harvard beats BU 7-4
Minnesota beats RPI 3-0

Actual Minnesota score was 6-2. National leading scorer Ryan Haggerty kept off scoresheet for whole tournament when his only goal was disallowed because a penalty was called barely before the shot. That would have made the score 4-3 but UM scored on the ensuing PP to put the game away. Tune in to the RPI thread on USCHO to read installment #346 of the ongoing saga of "Refs of the World Conspire Against RPI."

Date: January 05, 2014 12:26AM

TimV
Actual Minnesota score was 6-2.

Huh. My source was way off.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 12:27AM by nyc94.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 08, 2014 09:25AM

Harvard, who I hear tell sucks, did the conference a favor last night and tied Quinnipiac with an extra attacker goal. The Skating Deerticks actually look mortal at the moment. After starting the conference schedule 6-0-1 they have gone 0-2-2.

Date: January 08, 2014 05:51PM

Trotsky
Harvard, who I hear tell sucks, did the conference a favor last night and tied Quinnipiac with an extra attacker goal. The Skating Deerticks actually look mortal at the moment. After starting the conference schedule 6-0-1 they have gone 0-2-2.

RPI will make them look invincible again on Saturday. :(

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login