Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Ivy League Digital Network

Posted by Chris '03 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ivy League Digital Network
Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: July 24, 2013 05:14PM

It's probably unfair to bury news about the new streaming service in the redcast sucks thread forever.

Here's two stories out of Penn about some news (and speculation) on the forthcoming service:
[www.thedp.com]
[www.thedp.com]

Nothing earth shattering. Pricing likely to be about what it has been at Penn ($80/yr). Access to road games and all league games built in.

ETA: This article suggests that you'll subscribe by "channel" with each channel covering a school's home and road contests. There would also be an all-channel option, at presumably higher cost. [nycbuckets.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 05:20PM by Chris '03.

Re: Ivy League Digital Network
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: July 25, 2013 07:08AM

Chris '03
It's probably unfair to bury news about the new streaming service in the redcast sucks thread forever.

Maybe the opposite will be true. The new streaming service will bury the redcast sucks thread forever?banana

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: July 25, 2013 03:11PM

One-year subscription now available for $71.95. Price goes up to $89.95 on Aug. 21. Shorter subscription terms also are available.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 03:11PM by Weder.

Date: July 25, 2013 03:15PM

Weder
One-year subscription now available for $71.95. Price goes up to $89.95 on Aug. 21. Shorter subscription terms also are available.

One year of league-wide access is $95.95: [www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.customer.alter.net)
Date: July 25, 2013 03:23PM

Chris '03
Weder

I've been burned by Cornell's streaming video promises too many times. I'll pay for it *after* I see how it works, and whether it works on all my devices.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2013 03:50PM

Kyle Rose
Chris '03
Weder

I've been burned by Cornell's streaming video promises too many times. I'll pay for it *after* I see how it works, and whether it works on all my devices.
Well, they do say it will be "an experience unlike any other." Give 'em credit for honesty, at least.;-)

Date: July 25, 2013 03:57PM

Do we know whether the Cornell channel will have video of Ivy away games? Or will we require the all-Ivy channel to watch away football, hockey, b-ball, lax, etc.?

Date: July 25, 2013 04:19PM

Al DeFlorio
Do we know whether the Cornell channel will have video of Ivy away games? Or will we require the all-Ivy channel to watch away football, hockey, b-ball, lax, etc.?

All indications have been that it's all home and league road included for each school. So you only need the whole league subscription if you want to watch two non-cornell teams play.

Press release
The package includes everything the channel has to offer from live home and selected away games in HD as well as on-demand programming and other premium content.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 04:21PM by Chris '03.

Date: July 25, 2013 05:18PM

Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

All indications have been that it's all home and league road included for each school. So you only need the whole league subscription if you want to watch two non-cornell teams play.

Press release
The package includes everything the channel has to offer from live home and selected away games in HD as well as on-demand programming and other premium content.
That's true if "selected" is synonymous with "Ivy."

Date: July 25, 2013 05:58PM

Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

Press release

Which I'm guessing it is when read in conjunction with the DP articles ("New online streaming service will allow fans to follow their team during road Ivy League games";) and such. But I might be slightly wishful in my thinking/interpreting.

Date: July 25, 2013 08:14PM

Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

Press release

Which I'm guessing it is when read in conjunction with the DP articles ("New online streaming service will allow fans to follow their team during road Ivy League games";) and such. But I might be slightly wishful in my thinking/interpreting.
Hope that's all correct. Would like to see away Ivy games and not at seven, eight, ten dollars a pop.

Date: July 25, 2013 08:29PM

Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

Press release

Hope that's all correct. Would like to see away Ivy games and not at seven, eight, ten dollars a pop.

If there are 5 road Ivy games and the difference between the CU only and full league plans is $24, then it's ~$5/each if you buy the full league plan and are concerned solely about hockey and don't value 3-4 road lax or football games that would come with it too.

Date: July 25, 2013 10:05PM

Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

Press release

If there are 5 road Ivy games and the difference between the CU only and full league plans is $24, then it's ~$5/each if you buy the full league plan and are concerned solely about hockey and don't value 3-4 road lax or football games that would come with it too.
Right. But I do "value" those (and maybe women's hockey and men's b-ball--if that gets turned around) and have little interest in a Brown-Dartmouth game in any sport, so, if the Cornell package includes away Ivy games, that's all I need.

Date: July 25, 2013 10:45PM

Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Chris '03
Al DeFlorio

Press release

Right. But I do "value" those (and maybe women's hockey and men's b-ball--if that gets turned around) and have little interest in a Brown-Dartmouth game in any sport, so, if the Cornell package includes away Ivy games, that's all I need.

Agreed. I'm just pointing out that you'd never need to pay $10 each for (ivy) road games since the all-league package would pay for itself after two games in a world where road games are not included in the team-specific channel.

Posted by: phillysportsfan (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 01:19AM

They are having a chat on Twitter 12-1 to answer any questions

Seems like a good deal, dont remember how much the full Redcast used to cost but it was around this new price and you still had to pay for road games
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 01:24AM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2013 06:03AM

Since my yearly Redcast subscription does not renew on 8/21, I wonder if they are going to refund the difference?:-D

Date: July 26, 2013 06:14AM

Jim Hyla
Since my yearly Redcast subscription does not renew on 8/21, I wonder if they are going to refund the difference?:-D
Same for me. Don't hold breath.yark

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 07:09AM

phillysportsfan

Seems like a good deal, dont remember how much the full Redcast used to cost but it was around this new price and you still had to pay for road games

Someone ask if the service will be run as well as the listserv announcing the service.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 07:28AM

Jordan 04
phillysportsfan

Someone ask if the service will be run as well as the listserv announcing the service.

Ditto.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 08:46AM

phillysportsfan

We should find out if the away games at Colgate are included as they are deemed honorary members of the Ancient Eight.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 08:58AM

Chris '03
Jordan 04
phillysportsfan

Ditto.

One freaking setting.

Posted by: TimV (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 12:38PM

I was unclear about out-of-conference games, important especially for hockey and lacrosse so I emailed Jeremy Hartigan asking if at least home games against Clarkson, SU etc were included.

His response:

"All games at home involving Cornell hockey will be part of the Ivy League Digital Network, including Union or RPI or Clarkson or Quinnipiac, etc. coming to Lynah.

All home games will be on the channel, plus road games involving Ivy League schools or NeuLion partners. That entire list will be out closer to the season (when we have it)."

Hooooahhh!rock

Date: July 26, 2013 12:40PM

Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Chris '03
Weder

Well, they do say it will be "an experience unlike any other." Give 'em credit for honesty, at least.;-)

But I thought Redcast was the best thing ever... that's what they kept telling me....

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 26, 2013 02:48PM

TimV quoting Hartigan
"All home games will be on the channel, plus road games involving Ivy League schools or NeuLion partners. That entire list will be out closer to the season (when we have it)."

Which, beyond the other Ivies, could get us the UNO away games, if valid.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: July 26, 2013 07:30PM

Chris '03
Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Chris '03
Weder

But I thought Redcast was the best thing ever... that's what they kept telling me....
Ah, damning with faint praise. I like it.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2013 10:07PM

I signed up for ILDN's Cornell package. It looks like the first offerings will be around 6 Sept.

The triumph of hope over experience.

Date: August 07, 2013 11:07AM

Trotsky
I signed up for ILDN's Cornell package. It looks like the first offerings will be around 6 Sept.

Let me know how it looks.

The triumph of cynicism.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: August 07, 2013 11:10AM

Kyle Rose
Trotsky

The triumph of cynicism.
Will do, though women's volleyball probably won't be much of a load test.

Edit: that really didn't come out right.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2013 11:10AM by Trotsky.

Date: August 07, 2013 12:13PM

Trotsky
Kyle Rose
Trotsky

The triumph of cynicism.
Will do, though women's volleyball probably won't be much of a load test.

I'm more concerned about video quality, so I guess we won't really know until the first hockey game with the specific Lynah camera to judge framerate, resolution, operator sobriety, etc.

What would be useful, though, is a characterization of the intrusiveness of the interface, and how widely compatible the stream is with various devices, etc. Those presumably won't depend on the venue.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2013 12:15PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 20, 2013 04:16PM

Weder
Last chance to save.

Date: August 21, 2013 08:27AM

marty
Weder
Last chance to save.

Sales must be sluggish. Extended one more week: [www.cornellbigred.com]

Date: August 26, 2013 04:26PM

Some more trickling onto the site: [www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

Looks like you can toggle scores on and off, which is nice. It was near impossible to watch an archived event on redcast without learning the score in the process.

Date: September 02, 2013 03:21PM

The early season webcast schedule is now up: [www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com] Every school except Cornell and Penn have games of some sort on the week of 9/6. Penn's first game is on the following week. Cornell doesn't appear in anything until homecoming 9/21.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: September 12, 2013 11:38AM

Date: September 12, 2013 02:24PM

Question #1 is why are there no webcasts until September 21. Men's soccer as well as several women's teams are already playing. First there was no refund for the two unused months of my old RedCast subscription. Now there's nothing being webcast. So far it's a flop.

Date: September 21, 2013 03:01PM

The video quality seems to be Redcast with better on screen graphics for the score, etc although there is no down marker on the screen. Barry's audio is terrible. Camera work is jittery and often zoomed in too close
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2013 03:06PM by phillysportsfan.

Date: September 21, 2013 03:10PM

phillysportsfan
The video quality seems to be Redcast with better on screen graphics for the score, etc although there is no down marker on the screen. Barry's audio is terrible. Camera work is jittery and often zoomed in too close
Not sure which is worse: Cornell D or the webcast. Watched snippets of the Cornell-Penn field hockey game at Penn today and the video was superb. Guessing it's--what did you expect--a Cornell issue. Embarrassing.

Date: September 21, 2013 03:17PM

Ugly start, 3 and out then give up 50+ punt return for a touchdown

Date: September 21, 2013 03:19PM

Al DeFlorio
phillysportsfan
Not sure which is worse: Cornell D or the webcast. Watched snippets of the Cornell-Penn field hockey game at Penn today and the video was superb. Guessing it's--what did you expect--a Cornell issue. Embarrassing.

Yes same snippets of field hockey too. Pathetic when field hockey has better video

Date: September 21, 2013 03:30PM

Finally put up a yardage marker, I guess they need to figure out how to use the new software

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2013 03:48PM

still using the same drunk camera people

Date: September 21, 2013 03:51PM

scoop85
If the drunk cameraman at least had a high def camera I could put up with it.

Date: September 21, 2013 03:56PM

Al DeFlorio
scoop85
If the drunk cameraman at least had a high def camera I could put up with it.

That might be worse because it would be more noticeably jittery

Date: September 21, 2013 04:05PM

Livestats saying 9 minutes left in the first quarter.:-|

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2013 04:47PM

now experiencing technical difficulties

Date: September 21, 2013 05:32PM

scoop85
now experiencing technical difficulties
phillysportsfan and I have been experiencing them throughout the second half. Video quality much better, but too many interruptions.

Date: September 21, 2013 05:35PM

Soccer at St. Joe's is supposed to be webcast but I can't get it to load.

Date: September 21, 2013 05:45PM

Al DeFlorio
Soccer at St. Joe's is supposed to be webcast but I can't get it to load.

I cannot load it either, what a disaster of a debut for ILDN for Cornell
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2013 05:45PM by phillysportsfan.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 21, 2013 05:53PM

I don't understand why they list an away soccer game at a non-Ivy opponent as part of the IVY digital package when they don't offer any home Cornell soccer games [which used to be available via RedCast].

I am watching the game after purchasing from St Joe's all access [no score at halftime].

Date: September 21, 2013 06:09PM

I just turned on the Penn football game, now that's quality. Blew it up to fullscreen, 27in monitor, and it's still great. Oh well.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: September 21, 2013 06:51PM

Glad I didn't pay for this turkey yet. After years of abuse, Cornell gets the assumption of failure from me: they have to prove me wrong.

Date: September 21, 2013 09:40PM

They say they had an internet outage

I dont get " Hasn't been an issue before, should be fixed for Colgate." because this was their first broadcast

Date: September 21, 2013 09:42PM

Kyle Rose
Glad I didn't pay for this turkey yet. After years of abuse, Cornell gets the assumption of failure from me: they have to prove me wrong.

I didnt think it would be magically be much better but the option is to pay and see the games in low quality or not see the games at all, I would rather see the games

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.mycingular.net)
Date: September 21, 2013 10:18PM

phillysportsfan
Kyle Rose

I didnt think it would be magically be much better but the option is to pay and see the games in low quality or not see the games at all, I would rather see the games
I'm sick of shit quality. This is 2013. I'll wait.

Date: September 23, 2013 05:05PM

Just received this email in response to mine sent to Robin Harris, Ivy League Executive Director:

Robin Harris forwarded your email to me regarding Cornell's football broadcast from Saturday.

We are aware that Cornell had bandwidth issues within the university's network and belief that to be the primary cause of the issues. The Red Rover network was the first to go down during the game, causing the press box to lose all wireless capabilities (including live stats). Shortly thereafter, other network capabilities began to dwindle. We were aware of the situation and had some of our people on the line with them, as well as NeuLion's technicians, trying to troubleshoot in any way possible.

After attempting to make some adjustments, the stream continued to cut out in the second half periodically due to the instability of the network. It would almost be the equivalent of a TV satellite truck losing electricity.

Below is a link to the archive of the game. If you are logged into the network, you can access the stream.

[www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

if you look at footage at the 52 minute mark versus the 1:26 mark you will see a significant difference. (You can adjust where you are in the timeline just above the play button with the gray / green slider bar.) The latter of the two is what you can expect to see in the Ivy League Digital Network.

Cornell does plan on carrying pregame and halftime analysis. Frankly, they spent most of halftime trying to figure out how to best troubleshoot what they were dealing with. Unlike a television network, we don't have a "SportsCenter" studio to toss it back to while we work out the technical issues. Maybe some day we will.

Thank you for concerns and I hope you will enjoy The Ivy League Digital Network more in the coming weeks and months.

Mike Hirschman
Assistant Executive Director for Communications & Championships
The Ivy League
cell: 336-383-7498
office: 609-258-2441

Date: September 23, 2013 06:30PM

Al DeFlorio
Just received this email in response to mine sent to Robin Harris, Ivy League Executive Director:

Robin Harris forwarded your email to me regarding Cornell's football broadcast from Saturday.

We are aware that Cornell had bandwidth issues within the university's network and belief that to be the primary cause of the issues. The Red Rover network was the first to go down during the game, causing the press box to lose all wireless capabilities (including live stats). Shortly thereafter, other network capabilities began to dwindle. We were aware of the situation and had some of our people on the line with them, as well as NeuLion's technicians, trying to troubleshoot in any way possible.

After attempting to make some adjustments, the stream continued to cut out in the second half periodically due to the instability of the network. It would almost be the equivalent of a TV satellite truck losing electricity.

Below is a link to the archive of the game. If you are logged into the network, you can access the stream.

[www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

if you look at footage at the 52 minute mark versus the 1:26 mark you will see a significant difference. (You can adjust where you are in the timeline just above the play button with the gray / green slider bar.) The latter of the two is what you can expect to see in the Ivy League Digital Network.

Cornell does plan on carrying pregame and halftime analysis. Frankly, they spent most of halftime trying to figure out how to best troubleshoot what they were dealing with. Unlike a television network, we don't have a "SportsCenter" studio to toss it back to while we work out the technical issues. Maybe some day we will.

Thank you for concerns and I hope you will enjoy The Ivy League Digital Network more in the coming weeks and months.

Mike Hirschman
Assistant Executive Director for Communications & Championships
The Ivy League
cell: 336-383-7498
office: 609-258-2441

I assume they mean 52 min. into the game and not 52 min. of the broadcast. It is definitely better. Still not as good as the Penn game I watched, but that might be because of all of the rain. We'll see what happens in 2 weeks, although I hope to be there and not watching on computer.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: September 23, 2013 08:44PM

They are using the *wireless* for the broadcast? Are they crazy?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: September 24, 2013 08:56AM

At least it's an actual response.

Date: September 24, 2013 10:29AM

Josh '99
Haven't heard back yet from Cornell's new media guru.worry

Date: September 25, 2013 11:43AM

Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
And this morning a thoughtful response from John Lukach did arrive. Hope he won't mind my sharing it here:

The delayed response is because I wanted to be certain the cause of the issue before responding to our fans. We have been working since the tech issues Saturday to resolve the matter. There was a bigger connection issue during gameday that affected more than just our Ethernet connection for the stream that showed on the campus connection as well. It was more than just us seeing slower speeds. We tested the upload speed throughout the week and had no issues until Saturday.

We understand the disappointment from the support and dedication of the alumni/fans and have been working to quickly resolve the issue. We understand that the quality wasn’t HD at the beginning, but once we were able to enhance the quality during the second half, that is when the problem escalated. As the league office stated, if you go back to the archive you can see times where the quality during the second half was better. However, because of the bandwidth issues the connection to the ILDN could not consistently be maintained.

The issues we experienced started from internal IT issues. There was a problem with the bandwidth in the press box during this past game. We have been working on the issue since the occurrence and plan to continually monitor the connection speed. With the support of campus IT we are correcting the problems that arose from last Saturday. I have been meeting in each of our facilities to make sure the proper upload speed is met so that our productions will be sent in HD.

This is just the start of my third week here and I am still getting an understanding on the IT situations, to my understanding, have been an issue for a while. Since I was brought on so close to the start of our productions, it was difficult to get everything set as we needed it. We will be progressing quickly as I am getting a better understanding of Cornell’s infrastructure and adding to the setup of the productions. Saturday was the first production. I understand the disappointment and look to better the broadcasts quickly. Thank you for your continued support of Cornell Athletics.

Thanks,
-John

John Lukach
Director of Multimedia, Production and Web Communication

Date: September 25, 2013 12:47PM

Al DeFlorio
Al DeFlorio
Josh '99
And this morning a thoughtful response from John Lukach did arrive. Hope he won't mind my sharing it here:

The delayed response is because I wanted to be certain the cause of the issue before responding to our fans. We have been working since the tech issues Saturday to resolve the matter. There was a bigger connection issue during gameday that affected more than just our Ethernet connection for the stream that showed on the campus connection as well. It was more than just us seeing slower speeds. We tested the upload speed throughout the week and had no issues until Saturday.

We understand the disappointment from the support and dedication of the alumni/fans and have been working to quickly resolve the issue. We understand that the quality wasn’t HD at the beginning, but once we were able to enhance the quality during the second half, that is when the problem escalated. As the league office stated, if you go back to the archive you can see times where the quality during the second half was better. However, because of the bandwidth issues the connection to the ILDN could not consistently be maintained.

The issues we experienced started from internal IT issues. There was a problem with the bandwidth in the press box during this past game. We have been working on the issue since the occurrence and plan to continually monitor the connection speed. With the support of campus IT we are correcting the problems that arose from last Saturday. I have been meeting in each of our facilities to make sure the proper upload speed is met so that our productions will be sent in HD.

This is just the start of my third week here and I am still getting an understanding on the IT situations, to my understanding, have been an issue for a while. Since I was brought on so close to the start of our productions, it was difficult to get everything set as we needed it. We will be progressing quickly as I am getting a better understanding of Cornell’s infrastructure and adding to the setup of the productions. Saturday was the first production. I understand the disappointment and look to better the broadcasts quickly. Thank you for your continued support of Cornell Athletics.

Thanks,
-John

John Lukach
Director of Multimedia, Production and Web Communication

I just wish we would proofread before posting.

Date: September 25, 2013 01:37PM

More from Mike Hirschman at the Ivy League:

They [Cornell] have made significant progress. University IT representatives were out to look through the stadium's technical infrastructure on Monday and discovered what caused the issue. Adjustments have been made and extended testing took place. They are fairly confident that the issue has been addressed so that Friday night's sprint football game will be back to expected levels.

Mike Hirschman

Date: September 25, 2013 01:41PM

dag14
I don't understand why they list an away soccer game at a non-Ivy opponent as part of the IVY digital package when they don't offer any home Cornell soccer games [which used to be available via RedCast].
I asked John Lukach this and received the response below. It's a bit puzzling as I do recall watching soccer in the past...or is my memory faulty?

Men's soccer has not been streamed because we do not have a connection out at the field. Also, the other concern is that there is no press box to operate out of for the productions. Unfortunately it will remain an issue until proper connections are out at the field and there is a place to work out of. I understand the concern and we look to make the viewing environment better for everyone.

Thanks,
-John

Posted by: Weder (---.austin.hp.com)
Date: September 25, 2013 02:23PM

Been meaning to post this, but there's also a new student-run group that's offering live audio coverage of soccer: [www.bigredsportsnetwork.org]

They use the Ustream platform.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2013 08:59PM

I talked with the BRSN guys at the Lafayette soccer game Tuesday night when I saw them broadcasting but remembered that the Athletics website showed only live stats as an option for the game. They are an incredibly dedicated group of students who cover men's and women's soccer as well as baseball, providing audio coverage on their own dime. They have solicited donations to get the technology they need to cover soccer since the stadium does not have the infrastructure and they appear to be willing to go to pretty incredible lengths to provide coverage. It is my understanding that they will provide audio for both home and away soccer and baseball this season.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: September 26, 2013 07:32AM

They better start checking the bandwidth at Lynah, now.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 26, 2013 06:30PM

they should be trying to understand what testing they did during the week that didnt identify the issues on a weekend..

Posted by: profudge (---.hmpt.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: September 27, 2013 12:37PM

WCHA is live streaming whole season all games: WCHA Announces League-Wide Live Game Streaming

College Hockey News

Each live event can be viewed beginning 10 minutes prior to start time.

Three price levels are being made available: Day Pass, Monthly Pass or Full Season Pass. All passes include on-demand viewing. Only live events can be viewed on mobile devices. A Day Pass gives you access to all games on that night for $8, plus an extra $1 for mobile viewing. A Monthly Pass gives you 30 days of viewing for $45. A Full Season Pass costs $150, or $125 if purchased by Oct. 1.

Monthly or Season Passes comes with on-demand access for previous 30 days events.

While the other conferences, including Hockey East and the new NCHC and Big Ten, have established nationwide broadcast deals, this is the first league-wide Internet streaming deal of its kind.

I will be interested to see how quality of their service is this year.

Date: September 27, 2013 12:52PM

profudge
WCHA is live streaming whole season all games: WCHA Announces League-Wide Live Game Streaming

College Hockey News

Each live event can be viewed beginning 10 minutes prior to start time.

Three price levels are being made available: Day Pass, Monthly Pass or Full Season Pass. All passes include on-demand viewing. Only live events can be viewed on mobile devices. A Day Pass gives you access to all games on that night for $8, plus an extra $1 for mobile viewing. A Monthly Pass gives you 30 days of viewing for $45. A Full Season Pass costs $150, or $125 if purchased by Oct. 1.

Monthly or Season Passes comes with on-demand access for previous 30 days events.

While the other conferences, including Hockey East and the new NCHC and Big Ten, have established nationwide broadcast deals, this is the first league-wide Internet streaming deal of its kind.

I will be interested to see how quality of their service is this year.

I guess they don't count Ivy League Internet streaming. We are a league and it is league wide, but it probably wouldn't count unless it was the full ECAC.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.cupolice.cornell.edu)
Date: October 17, 2013 10:36AM

Was wondering if the issues have been resolved here at Cornell ? Is the product worth the cost ?

Date: October 17, 2013 12:07PM

Cop at Lynah
Was wondering if the issues have been resolved here at Cornell ? Is the product worth the cost ?
I'm waiting for some su-... er, I mean, forgiving soul to report on the first Lynah broadcast. Maybe with some screen shots, p. plz? :-)

Date: October 17, 2013 12:29PM

I was going to post after the York game, assuming it is streamed.

Date: October 18, 2013 08:36AM

Trotsky

Both men's and women's games are on the schedule at least: [www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]

Date: October 18, 2013 09:52AM

Chris '03
Trotsky

Both men's and women's games are on the schedule at least: [www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com]
Yep. The CU preview says the radio call will be on the stream too, so this will be a good test.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: October 18, 2013 12:16PM

Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

Yep. The CU preview says the radio call will be on the stream too, so this will be a good test.

Does this mean that the exhibition game (and also the women's game?) will be carried by WHCU radio? I just may opt to stream the free WHCU audio and be three minutes behind everyone on the chat. I've gotten used to being behind the times especially listening to baseball via Sirius/XM internet stream and following along with MLB gamecast.

Date: October 18, 2013 04:06PM

Rita
Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

Does this mean that the exhibition game (and also the women's game?) will be carried by WHCU radio?
The WHCU broadcast of the men's exhibition game is supposed to be streamed. The CU schedule lists audio for both women's games this weekend (in addition to video) as well. I do not know whether that means WHCU is going to start broadcasting women's games (which would be great) or whether that is the usual "amateur PBP from the press box" that we have heard up till now (which is better than nothing).

Date: October 18, 2013 04:18PM

Trotsky
Rita
Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

Does this mean that the exhibition game (and also the women's game?) will be carried by WHCU radio?
The WHCU broadcast of the men's exhibition game is supposed to be streamed. The CU schedule lists audio for both women's games this weekend (in addition to video) as well. I do not know whether that means WHCU is going to start broadcasting women's games (which would be great) or whether that is the usual "amateur PBP from the press box" that we have heard up till now (which is better than nothing).

BRSN apparently also plans to broadcast hockey this year. The men's game tomorrow is listed. The women are still TBD but I recall seeing something a while back about their intent to cover women's hockey. [bigredsportsnetwork.org]

Date: October 18, 2013 06:33PM

Ivy League Digital Network Offers Discount For Hockey Season.

ITHACA, N.Y. -- As the start of the men's and women's hockey seasons approach, fans can receive a 20 percent discount for four- or 12-month school or league passes for the Ivy League Digital Network. To gain access to all hockey games on the Ivy League Digital Network, use the promo code "IvyHockey2013".

Expires 10/27

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2013 09:27PM

Ryerson at Princeton Hockey netcast tonight:

One dim, low center-ice camera.
No play-by-play.
No fans present.

snoresnoresnore

Posted by: Weder (107.18.158.---)
Date: October 18, 2013 11:39PM

Trotsky
Rita
Trotsky
Chris '03
Trotsky

The audio for the women's games that is part of the video stream is going to come from RLM Sports again, according to the RLM website.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: October 19, 2013 03:27PM

Reading John Lukach's work experience, I wondered. Does Cornell offer a cross-major degree with something like EE or CS on one hand, and film & television production on the other?

Date: October 19, 2013 03:47PM

Audio is a disaster on women's hockey. I feel like I'm listening to the chipmunks. Video is good...

Date: October 19, 2013 05:04PM

Chris '03
Audio is a disaster on women's hockey. I feel like I'm listening to the chipmunks. Video is good...
Audio was completely unintelligible for me. I could watch only the first period.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 19, 2013 10:22PM

Once ILDN came in for the men's game (about 6 mins late) it was fine: decent video resolution and clear, albeit extremely quiet, audio. No drops or buffering. Good enough.

Date: October 19, 2013 11:04PM

Trotsky
Once ILDN came in for the men's game (about 6 mins late) it was fine: decent video resolution and clear, albeit extremely quiet, audio. No drops or buffering. Good enough.

Agreed. The quality was generally good. But it's annoying that they cutoff the broadcast before the post game. They do the same for football.

Date: October 20, 2013 05:36AM

Chris '03
Trotsky

Agreed. The quality was generally good. But it's annoying that they cutoff the broadcast before the post game. They do the same for football.
Tech support told me no pre- or post-game.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 23, 2013 09:08AM

The preview indicates video coverage for UNO, so I suppose it's time for me to subscribe.

Date: October 23, 2013 11:15AM

Scersk '97
The preview indicates video coverage for UNO, so I suppose it's time for me to subscribe.

Yes, it seems worth it this year. Just not paying for away games is major plus.

Posted by: gomestar (199.67.138.---)
Date: October 23, 2013 11:15AM

somebody, i forget who, mentioned on twitter that both UNO games will be broadcast on the Ivy sports network.

I signed up for the league wide access for 4 months, and then I'll do a monthly pass for the final few games. The extra $15 for the league-wide seemed worth it to see (some) road games.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2013 11:19AM by gomestar.

Date: October 23, 2013 11:21AM

gomestar
somebody, i forget who, mentioned on twitter that both UNO games will be broadcast on the Ivy sports network.

I signed up for the league wide access for 4 months, and then I'll do a monthly pass for the final few games. The extra $15 for the league-wide seemed worth it to see (some) road games.

You get the road games without the league-wide pass. You only need the league wide to see games involving other Ivies.

Posted by: gomestar (199.67.140.---)
Date: October 23, 2013 12:05PM

this is what happens when I don't read threads. oh well, odds are i'd check out other games anyways.

Posted by: quickrabbit5 (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: October 25, 2013 07:21PM

Pretty slimy IMO but they will automatically add a subscription when you pay for a package. You have to cancel it by emailing ILDNsupport@neulion.com

Just a reminder.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2013 07:48PM

Hey all,

If you had a REDCAST subscription from last year that hasn't yet expired, it is valid and supposedly active on the ILDN. That is a way to try out the new system before re-upping for another year. Also the customer support guy I talked to said there should be a small box somewhere on the account page to deactivate the auto-renew function when you sign up for an ILDN subscription. Your REDCAST subcription won't renew because they just have log-in info, not billing info.

Date: October 25, 2013 07:58PM

Rita
Hey all,

If you had a REDCAST subscription from last year that hasn't yet expired, it is valid and supposedly active on the ILDN. That is a way to try out the new system before re-upping for another year. Also the customer support guy I talked to said there should be a small box somewhere on the account page to deactivate the auto-renew function when you sign up for an ILDN subscription. Your REDCAST subcription won't renew because they just have log-in info, not billing info.

Don't see any option in my profile to cancel the auto renew option =/. If anyone could enlighten me to where it is, that'd be greatly appreciated.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 07:59PM by quickrabbit5.

Date: October 25, 2013 08:08PM

quickrabbit5
Rita
Hey all,

Don't see any option in my profile to cancel the auto renew option =/. If anyone could enlighten me to where it is, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I'd give customer service a call.. there til 10 pm. Guy I talked to was actually helpful.

Date: October 25, 2013 08:22PM

Gotcha. Will do.

Posted by: releck97 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2013 10:00AM

It looks like the "ivyhockey2013" promo offered this weekend doesn't include Sunday. Rats!

Date: October 27, 2013 07:17PM

Jim Hyla
Ivy League Digital Network Offers Discount For Hockey Season.

ITHACA, N.Y. -- As the start of the men's and women's hockey seasons approach, fans can receive a 20 percent discount for four- or 12-month school or league passes for the Ivy League Digital Network. To gain access to all hockey games on the Ivy League Digital Network, use the promo code "IvyHockey2013".

Expires 10/27

If anyone decides to sign up today/Sunday 10/27, call customer support when you subscribe. Apparently, the discount code is no longer active on the website (expired at 12:01 am 10/27), however, if you call, they will honor it and manually put through the 20% refund to your credit card.

Date: October 28, 2013 09:53AM

After all my bitching over the past decade, let it not be said that I don't give credit where credit is due: the games this weekend looked fabulous. I watched on my 1080p phone, and it looked crisp and smooth. Now, that's presumably with N-O's camera and internet connection, but nonetheless it is promising.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2013 05:09PM

Kyle Rose
After all my bitching over the past decade, let it not be said that I don't give credit where credit is due: the games this weekend looked fabulous. I watched on my 1080p phone, and it looked crisp and smooth. Now, that's presumably with N-O's camera and internet connection, but nonetheless it is promising.

Android? If so which browser did you use? I connected on the phone last week but not this week and I'm trying to figure out why.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login