Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3 St. Lawrence 1: Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence...

Posted by Trotsky 
Cornell 3 St. Lawrence 1: Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence...
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2012 05:49PM

Tonight Cornell attempts to come in from the cold.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 09:11PM by Trotsky.

Re: Cornell vs St. Lawrence: Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence...
Date: December 01, 2012 07:57PM

1-1 after 1, with Cornell dominating everywhere but the scoreboard.

Date: December 01, 2012 08:23PM

1-1 after 2. So... many... chances.

Date: December 01, 2012 09:10PM

3-1 final. Great 4-point weekend to go into the break; that was a dominant performance; the score was quite modest for the level of play.

Re: Cornell 3 St. Lawrence 1: Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence...
Posted by: ajh258 (146.127.253.---)
Date: December 01, 2012 09:33PM

SLU held their own and the game could have easily went the other way. Lots of good chances and good effort by both teams. We definitely out played them as the game went on. Defense is shaping up a bit although it's a far cry from what we usually see under Schafer.

Posted by: getred (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2012 10:13PM

And our old guys in Section O had a 4 point weekend as well, beating the Clarkson band and the SLUt sign guy!

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 07:54AM

Trotsky
3-1 final. Great 4-point weekend to go into the break; that was a dominant performance; the score was quite modest for the level of play.

And, the 4th line looked really solid!
Bring on Ferris Wheel Tech!!!

But, no home games for two months??!!
I may have to watch the Red Army Team vs Komsomol.

banana

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 08:09AM

As css228 pointed out to me during the game, the sieve's body language changed significantly after the 2nd goal. He looked quite dejected and 2 of the other players were talking to him; it looked they were trying to reassure him that, contrary to what the fans were chanting, it wasn't actually all his fault. After seeing that, I was fairly confident that we would win even if SLU scored the equalizer. As a result, I was both surprised and not surprised when Cornell got a 3rd goal against him at a point in time when he should have been on the bench for a 6th skater.

Date: December 02, 2012 09:16AM

Johnny 5

Here's a pretty cool thing to watch over the break.

Posted by: TheMatrix (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 11:14AM

Mihalek's goal:

Esposito's goal:

Lowry's goal:

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 11:14AM

Trotsky
Johnny 5

It is only 45 minutes long. Didn't they play 60 min of hockey back in the day?

Date: December 02, 2012 12:09PM

Rita
Trotsky
Johnny 5

It is only 45 minutes long. Didn't they play 60 min of hockey back in the day?
Minutes were shorter. That's why we aged so quickly.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 12:29PM

jtn27
As css228 pointed out to me during the game, the sieve's body language changed significantly after the 2nd goal. He looked quite dejected and 2 of the other players were talking to him; it looked they were trying to reassure him that, contrary to what the fans were chanting, it wasn't actually all his fault. After seeing that, I was fairly confident that we would win even if SLU scored the equalizer. As a result, I was both surprised and not surprised when Cornell got a 3rd goal against him at a point in time when he should have been on the bench for a 6th skater.
Man, that sieve was really hanging his head in shame right after Espo skinned him for the GWG.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 02:45PM

Johnny 5
Trotsky

banana

Ithaca Little Red home games at Lynah during the break:

Thurs, 12/6: Geneva at 7pm
Mon, 1/7: Fayetteville-Manlius at 7:30pm
Thurs, 1/10: Baldwinsville at 7pm
Sat, 1/12: West Genesee at 7pm

Currently 2-0 by a combined 15-3. There's a new coaching staff this year, which includes Conor Stokes.

Maybe the next Dustin Brown or Andy Iles is on the horizon.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 08:03PM

ithacat
Johnny 5
Trotsky

banana

Ithaca Little Red home games at Lynah during the break:

Thurs, 12/6: Geneva at 7pm
Mon, 1/7: Fayetteville-Manlius at 7:30pm
Thurs, 1/10: Baldwinsville at 7pm
Sat, 1/12: West Genesee at 7pm

Currently 2-0 by a combined 15-3. There's a new coaching staff this year, which includes Conor Stokes.

Maybe the next Dustin Brown or Andy Iles is on the horizon.

If so, let's hope we can be successful recruiting him. Too good many IHS players are not staying in Ithaca for college, especially in lacrosse.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 08:54PM

Swampy
If so, let's hope we can be successful recruiting him. Too good many IHS players are not staying in Ithaca for college, especially in lacrosse.
Raise your hand if you wanted to stay near your parents when you went to college.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 02, 2012 09:50PM

Kyle Rose
Swampy
Raise your hand if you wanted to stay near your parents when you went to college.

Maybe we can get their parents to move.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2012 10:58PM

Kyle Rose
Swampy

My mother brainwashed me. She wanted her children to "go away to college" which made RIP a completely unacceptable choice for engineering. Can you imagine four glorious college years in Troy?

We're so lucky that Andy Iles fell in love with Lynah and Cornell hockey.bananacheercheerbanana

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 03, 2012 09:49AM

marty
Kyle Rose
Swampy

My mother brainwashed me. She wanted her children to "go away to college" which made RIP a completely unacceptable choice for engineering. Can you imagine four glorious college years in Troy?

We're so lucky that Andy Iles fell in love with Lynah and Cornell hockey.bananacheercheerbanana

It probably didn't hurt that Iles went away to prep school and then was in Ann Arbor with the USNDTP; had he spent four years at IHS, I'm speculating that the temptation to go elsewhere would have been pretty strong.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.atc-nycorp.com)
Date: December 03, 2012 11:02AM

scoop85
It probably didn't hurt that Iles went away to prep school and then was in Ann Arbor with the USNDTP; had he spent four years at IHS, I'm speculating that the temptation to go elsewhere would have been pretty strong.

Maybe... but my son graduated from IHS last year, and several of his friends from high school did wind up going to Cornell. It probably didn't hurt that most, if not all, of them had at least one parent who was Cornell faculty or staff.

(No, my son didn't go to Cornell. He chose to "go away to college" -- all the way over on the other hill, at IC)

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2012 12:32PM

I have a few friends who grew up in Ithaca and went to Cornell. A couple of them even used to post here, though I'm not sure if they're now lurkers or just infrequent visitors.

Posted by: Weder (---.atlanta.hp.com)
Date: December 03, 2012 03:08PM

ftyuv
I have a few friends who grew up in Ithaca and went to Cornell. A couple of them even used to post here, though I'm not sure if they're now lurkers or just infrequent visitors.

I'd be interested to know how the reduced tuition benefit for CU employees has affected the number of IHS graduates who enroll. There were easily 30 or 40 from my IHS class who went to Cornell, but it's a much easier decision to make when you'll be going tuition-free. My dad worked at Cornell pre-1982, so I have some grad school tuition benefits for as long as *I* live.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2012 09:15PM

Weder
ftyuv

I'd be interested to know how the reduced tuition benefit for CU employees has affected the number of IHS graduates who enroll. There were easily 30 or 40 from my IHS class who went to Cornell, but it's a much easier decision to make when you'll be going tuition-free. My dad worked at Cornell pre-1982, so I have some grad school tuition benefits for as long as *I* live.
My June 1968 "Tattler" (the IHS "newspaper";) reported 40 of the seniors surveyed said they planned to attend Cornell, including Larry '72 and myself. The survey response was 93%.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (209.68.67.---)
Date: December 04, 2012 09:24AM

Give My Regards
scoop85

Maybe... but my son graduated from IHS last year, and several of his friends from high school did wind up going to Cornell. It probably didn't hurt that most, if not all, of them had at least one parent who was Cornell faculty or staff.

(No, my son didn't go to Cornell. He chose to "go away to college" -- all the way over on the other hill, at IC)

Mustv been his mom's idea??

whistle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login