Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2012-13 Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page: Previous1 2 3Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 2012-13 Schedule
Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 10:17AM

Jim Hyla
I was disagreeing that they could be used against us. No, they couldn't be used against us because we don't say that.

Objectively, we both have points. As I've said, I think the Santonio-Holmesian emphasis on "the" in "the Ohio State University" is comical and deserving of mocking. However, I don't think it's a good idea to mock a school, that is mocked among Big Ten institutions for being sub-par academically ("vocational" is the most tame insult I've heard in this realm), with the "haha you guys are foolish because you oddly emphasize 'the' in your institution's name while we've chosen to forget what our formal, chartered name is." Which is the greater virtue? To overemphasize the article in your institution's formal name? Or, to abandon use of the name with which your institution has been chartered?

I find it funny that we've taken such entrenched positions and caused the drift of the 2012-13 schedule thread. I'm honestly not that invested either way and my first post was just to defend my use of "Ohio" to refer to "the Ohio State University." I think that I've done that. This is among the first signs that it is the off-season. ;-)

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 11:20AM

Aaron M. Griffin
Jim Hyla
I was disagreeing that they could be used against us. No, they couldn't be used against us because we don't say that.

Objectively, we both have points. As I've said, I think the Santonio-Holmesian emphasis on "the" in "the Ohio State University" is comical and deserving of mocking. However, I don't think it's a good idea to mock a school, that is mocked among Big Ten institutions for being sub-par academically ("vocational" is the most tame insult I've heard in this realm), with the "haha you guys are foolish because you oddly emphasize 'the' in your institution's name while we've chosen to forget what our formal, chartered name is." Which is the greater virtue? To overemphasize the article in your institution's formal name? Or, to abandon use of the name with which your institution has been chartered?

I find it funny that we've taken such entrenched positions and caused the drift of the 2012-13 schedule thread. I'm honestly not that invested either way and my first post was just to defend my use of "Ohio" to refer to "the Ohio State University." I think that I've done that. This is among the first signs that it is the off-season. ;-)

How did we get to virtue? All I said was that they couldn't use that comment against us, as we don't use the phrase "the Cornell U". That's my whole point, it wouldn't work. It means nothing to that point whether we were chartered as "the" or not. I'm referring to common usage. After all, most sports fans are not going to go look up the charter to see how to say Cornell.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 11:46AM

jkahn
Trotsky
jkahn
Trotsky
jkahn
Next year's OOC schedule gets even better according to a player's family - we're playing at Denver in the '12-'13 season.
Hopefully this means they come to Lynah the next year.

Would we go all the way out there for 1? Because if not, then the NC schedule would be:

Michigan
Colorado College x 2
Denver x 2
Estero (Ferris, Maine, Minn-Duluth)

which sounds... implausible.
Not implausible, just more exciting than we're used to.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. We've just never had a schedule even remotely that challenging.

I would think it's a lot more likely that Denver is a rumor and those last two slots will be our usual Niagara / RIT / Mercyhurst games. Going out west first thing to play a team with a half dozen game under its belt is un-Schafery.
I trust my source - I'll bet you a beer it's Denver. Probably more likely we'd have CC at Lynah early and be at Denver in January. Either way, we'd open vs. someone with several games under their belt - that's the Ivy/ECAC disadvantage that's hard to overcome unless the Ivy's increase from 29 games. That late start, with OOC games coming early, works against our whole league when it comes to PWR (or even KRACH).
I found some corroborating evidence that we'll be at Denver this coming season:
[letsgodu.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 12:20PM

Aaron M. Griffin
Beeeej
I appreciate the effort to leave the definite article out of Ohio State's name, but there's also an Ohio University - they don't play hockey, but it's probably worth throwing the "State" in there just to be clear.

I am aware. Ohio University does play hockey at the ACHA Division I level. It is one of the two most successful programs in the ACHA. Penn State is the other. I have developed the tendency to refer to Ohio State as simply "Ohio" because Ohio State loathes being referred to as anything that confuses it with Ohio University. Ohio State views Ohio University as inferior. Most of Ohio State's rivals in the Big Ten have taken to referring to it as "Ohio" in passing as a subtle form of needling. I can abandon this practice on non-Big Ten fora, but why abandon a practice that annoys clearly the Buckeyes?

You mean besides 1) Ohio State fans never visit eLF, so it's completely pointless, and 2) it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about until you explain it in detail? You're right. Can't imagine why you'd abandon it.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: April 01, 2012 12:28PM

Aaron M. Griffin
Jim Hyla

I like the way you turned Santonio Holmes' name into an adjective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 12:28PM by jtn27.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 01:09PM

I just want to say our OOC schedule looks ridiculous. If it werent for ECAC competition, we'd probably have a top 5 SOS.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 01:23PM

css228
I just want to say our OOC schedule looks ridiculous. If it werent for ECAC competition, we'd probably have a top 5 SOS.
Well, we do play Union.

Date: April 01, 2012 01:49PM

Trotsky
css228
Well, we do play Union.
We also play Brown.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 01:50PM

css228
Trotsky
css228
Well, we do play Union.
We also play Brown.

And Darmouth.

Date: April 01, 2012 02:58PM

Beeeej
Aaron M. Griffin
Beeeej
I appreciate the effort to leave the definite article out of Ohio State's name, but there's also an Ohio University - they don't play hockey, but it's probably worth throwing the "State" in there just to be clear.

I am aware. Ohio University does play hockey at the ACHA Division I level. It is one of the two most successful programs in the ACHA. Penn State is the other. I have developed the tendency to refer to Ohio State as simply "Ohio" because Ohio State loathes being referred to as anything that confuses it with Ohio University. Ohio State views Ohio University as inferior. Most of Ohio State's rivals in the Big Ten have taken to referring to it as "Ohio" in passing as a subtle form of needling. I can abandon this practice on non-Big Ten fora, but why abandon a practice that annoys clearly the Buckeyes?

You mean besides 1) Ohio State fans never visit eLF, so it's completely pointless, and 2) it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about until you explain it in detail? You're right. Can't imagine why you'd abandon it.

Ohio State would understand the insult. You can assume the contrary if you wish. Michigan has taken to using it commonly. If you read the article, it mentions how Michigan now replaces Ohio State's name on its scoreboards with "Ohio" as an insult.

A large reason why Ohio State emphasizes the "the" in its name so much is because it is an assertion of its identity as the sole land-grant institution of Ohio. The designation states that it is THE primary state university of Ohio. This distinguishes it from both Ohio University and Miami University. Both institutions fought the founding of Ohio State as the land-grant institution of Ohio (much like how the institutions that grew into the University of Rochester and Colgate University opposed the creation of Cornell). Referring to Ohio State as Ohio as an insult has this historical dimension to it as well as the current insult that it confronts regularly from Big-Ten rivals.

If we're worried about our opponents assuming our ignorance, then why bother mock them with incorrect names or serenade them with the wrong fight songs? The mistaken association of "The Victors" with Michigan State is far more common and far easier thought a genuine mistake than confusing Ohio State with Ohio University. Perhaps we should stop calling Dartmouth "UNH rejects," Dartmouth fans and players might think us that ignorant to believe that UNH is actually a more respectable academic institution.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 01, 2012 03:08PM

I quit. I think I do.:-}

Date: April 01, 2012 03:10PM

Jim Hyla
How did we get to virtue? All I said was that they couldn't use that comment against us, as we don't use the phrase "the Cornell U". That's my whole point, it wouldn't work. It means nothing to that point whether we were chartered as "the" or not. I'm referring to common usage. After all, most sports fans are not going to go look up the charter to see how to say Cornell.

We agree on almost everything on here. I just wanted to point out that Cornell, like Ohio State, was founded with a definite article in its charter (one post, not yours, implied that it was a foolish way to name a university in the first place. I just wanted to add the perspective that Cornell is similarly chartered). I'm fine with mocking Ohio State for its fans's, alumni's, and players's odd, spoken emphasis on the "the" in particular. We agree also that Ohio State fans would never take the time to look at the charter of a university for fodder for jeering.

I wanted to imply that we can come up with better ammunition to antagonize Ohio State than its weird fetish with "the."

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 01, 2012 03:17PM

Jim Hyla

Like I said in my last post. My original point (poorly made, might I add) is one about the history surrounding Cornell and not an argument against others or your mocking of Ohio State's THE.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 03:19PM

THE
Jim Hyla

Date: April 01, 2012 03:26PM

jkahn
jkahn
Trotsky
jkahn
Trotsky
jkahn
Next year's OOC schedule gets even better according to a player's family - we're playing at Denver in the '12-'13 season.

Would we go all the way out there for 1? Because if not, then the NC schedule would be:

Michigan
Colorado College x 2
Denver x 2

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. We've just never had a schedule even remotely that challenging.

I would think it's a lot more likely that Denver is a rumor and those last two slots will be our usual Niagara / RIT / Mercyhurst games. Going out west first thing to play a team with a half dozen game under its belt is un-Schafery.
I trust my source - I'll bet you a beer it's Denver. Probably more likely we'd have CC at Lynah early and be at Denver in January. Either way, we'd open vs. someone with several games under their belt - that's the Ivy/ECAC disadvantage that's hard to overcome unless the Ivy's increase from 29 games. That late start, with OOC games coming early, works against our whole league when it comes to PWR (or even KRACH).
[letsgodu.blogspot.com]

If you read the fan comments, they don't seem to be nearly as optimistic as many on here about Denver's chances next season especially against such a tough schedule.

This schedule is going to be absolutely brutal for a young and rebuilding Pioneer Squad.

Our OOC will tough. What is there one more date left open?

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 01, 2012 03:40PM

I think every school should follow THE Ohio State University's lead. THE Cornell University. THE University of Texas. THE University of California, San Diego. THE Tompkins-Cortland Community College.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 05:22PM

Aaron M. Griffin
Our OOC will tough. What is there one more date left open?

If all of these games do indeed make the schedule then are no more open dates: 2 vs. Colorado College, 2 at Denver, 2 in Florida, 1 vs. Michigan = 7 games.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 05:40PM

jtn27
I think every school should follow THE Ohio State University's lead. THE Cornell University. THE University of Texas. THE University of California, San Diego. THE Tompkins-Cortland Community College.

THE Indiana University-THE Purdue University THE Indianapolis.

THE The Citadel.

LA La Sorbonne.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 07:52PM

Beeeej
jtn27

THE The Citadel.

LA La Sorbonne.

All of those are better than "THE U". yark

Date: April 01, 2012 09:40PM

Beeeej
jtn27

THE The Citadel.

LA La Sorbonne.

Ooh La La!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2012 09:43PM by marty.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 11:55PM

Rita
Beeeej
jtn27

THE The Citadel.

LA La Sorbonne.

All of those are better than "THE U". yark

Screw the Y! :-}

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2012 12:57PM

ursusminor
jtn27
You're all saying it wrong. It's "THE Ohio State University" not "Ohio State," "Ohio," or even "the Ohio State University." Allow Santonio Holmes to teach you:
For reasons that I never tried to unravel, it is common on USCHO to refer to Minnesota-Duluth as the "THE University of Minnesota, Duluth" (tUMD).
I'm pretty sure they do that specifically to mock Ohio State.

Regarding that game at the start of 2002-03, my recollection also is that Cornell was badly outplayed (Ohio State had already played five games including a weekend trip to Alaska and outshot Cornell 29-13), and got bailed out by an awesome performance from LeNeveu. The official Cornell Athletics recap seems to corroborate my recollection that Lenny was the star.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: April 02, 2012 01:18PM

Josh '99
ursusminor
jtn27
You're all saying it wrong. It's "THE Ohio State University" not "Ohio State," "Ohio," or even "the Ohio State University." Allow Santonio Holmes to teach you:
For reasons that I never tried to unravel, it is common on USCHO to refer to Minnesota-Duluth as the "THE University of Minnesota, Duluth" (tUMD).

Regarding that game at the start of 2002-03, my recollection also is that Cornell was badly outplayed (Ohio State had already played five games including a weekend trip to Alaska and outshot Cornell 29-13), and got bailed out by an awesome performance from LeNeveu. The official Cornell Athletics recap seems to corroborate my recollection that Lenny was the star.
Agree, that's what happened.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2012 01:23PM

Josh '99
Correct. For that matter, references to tOSU on USCHO are made specifically to mock Ohio State, which only has about three fans on the board.

Date: April 02, 2012 01:28PM

Josh '99
ursusminor
jtn27

Yeah, but what do you know about the 2002-3 season? It's not like you went to every game or something. :-}

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2012 04:20PM

Trotsky
jkahn
Trotsky
jkahn

Michigan
Colorado College x 2
Denver x 2

I'm not so sure this is all that big a departure for Schafer. The NC schedule from 2002-03, when Cornell was expected to be at its peak:

@OSU
@WMU (2x)
BU (2x)
Estero (Maine/OSU)

Western Michigan was the weakest team in that schedule, and in the 2 years prior they were well over .500 so it wasn't obvious that they'd be a lower tier CCHA team at the time the schedule was made. That NC schedule was brutal by the standards of previous years.

The more recent talent peak for Cornell was probably the 2009-10 season, and the NC slate that year included BU, UNH, and 2x vs NoDak, plus CC in Florida.
2006-07 (RMU, RIT, Wayne State, Sacred Heart) and 2007-08 (RIT, BU, UMass, Niagara) were far weaker schedules set up for far weaker Cornell teams, and 2008-09 was somewhere in the middle for a team that was really 1 year away from its best shot on the national stage.

It might be that top teams are more willing to play Cornell if they expect the team to be good, but it does seem like Schafer loads up the NC slate in seasons where expectations are higher for Cornell. I can't imagine that's easy to do, so if this is by design good for him.

Edit to add - this doesn't mean that he'll necessarily relish going out west first thing in any season, but I think if it's the difference between a top tier opponent and some schlub team he'll go for the former in the years where the added experience is likely to matter more than an early NC win.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 04:21PM by Tom Lento.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: April 02, 2012 04:28PM

Tom Lento
It might be that top teams are more willing to play Cornell if they expect the team to be good, but it does seem like Schafer loads up the NC slate in seasons where expectations are higher for Cornell. I can't imagine that's easy to do, so if this is by design good for him.

Yeah that's what I want to know, is it just good coincidence or is it planned that the our most promising teams seem to have tougher OOC schedules? In the 02-03 case, it definitely helped thm make a statement and also helped with the top PWR ranking.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: April 02, 2012 04:52PM

Josh '99
ursusminor
jtn27

You left out the part about the hot tub suite.

Date: April 02, 2012 05:17PM

French Rage
Tom Lento

Yeah that's what I want to know, is it just good coincidence or is it planned that the our most promising teams seem to have tougher OOC schedules? In the 02-03 case, it definitely helped thm make a statement and also helped with the top PWR ranking.

If I had to say, it would be that nothing happens by coincidence when you're talking about Coach Schafer.

Date: April 02, 2012 10:33PM

Tom Lento
The more recent talent peak for Cornell was probably the 2009-10 season, and the NC slate that year included BU, UNH, and 2x vs NoDak, plus CC in Florida.

Expectations were exceedingly high my senior year (notwithstanding the horrible Bemidji State loss in the 2009 NCAA Regional Final). The 2010 NCAA Regional Semifinal loss to UNH epitomizes falling short of expectations. So, it seems to follow the Schaferian trend to which Jim and you allude. Schafer must think that this team is capable of something special next season.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: cbuckser (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 03, 2012 01:26AM

Jim Hyla
French Rage
Tom Lento

Yeah that's what I want to know, is it just good coincidence or is it planned that the our most promising teams seem to have tougher OOC schedules? In the 02-03 case, it definitely helped them make a statement and also helped with the top PWR ranking.

If I had to say, it would be that nothing happens by coincidence when you're talking about Coach Schafer.

In addition to agreeing completely with Jim, I want to point out that there is another side to the equation. A difficult nonconference schedule challenges a great team to play well. And the team becomes better and more prepared to win games against excellent teams in the NCAA Tournament.

Date: April 03, 2012 01:32AM

Aaron M. Griffin
Expectations were exceedingly high my senior year (notwithstanding the horrible Bemidji State loss in the 2009 NCAA Regional Final). The 2010 NCAA Regional Semifinal loss to UNH epitomizes falling short of expectations. So, it seems to follow the Schaferian trend to which Jim and you allude. Schafer must think that this team is capable of something special next season.

And he's right. The team next season should rank up there with the 2002-03 and 2009-10 teams. The latter team, though it won the ECAC Championship, underachieved. The former team did not.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: April 03, 2012 09:58AM

I think you're all reading too much into it. He schedules the best teams he can get, but he's also pretty adamant about his reciprocation policy, so that's limiting. And these things are often scheduled a couple years ahead of time. It's just a coincidence.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.mobility-up.psu.edu)
Date: April 03, 2012 11:01AM

CowbellGuy
I think you're all reading too much into it. He schedules the best teams he can get, but he's also pretty adamant about his reciprocation policy, so that's limiting. And these things are often scheduled a couple years ahead of time. It's just a coincidence.

Not to be contrary, but I know in the case of college football schedules are announced well in advance (seasons), why with college hockey do negotiations and arrangements continue, or seem to continue (per Berenson's comments), through the end of the season before when one would think, as you said, that they are in fact "scheduled a couple years ahead of time"?

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 03, 2012 11:09AM

Aaron M. Griffin
CowbellGuy

Not to be contrary, but I know in the case of college football schedules are announced well in advance (seasons), why with college hockey do negotiations and arrangements continue, or seem to continue (per Berenson's comments), through the end of the season before when one would think, as you said, that they are in fact "scheduled a couple years ahead of time"?

I said "often," not always. Michigan at MSG is kind of a special-case scenario with 3 parties involved.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.mobility-up.psu.edu)
Date: April 03, 2012 11:13AM

CowbellGuy
Aaron M. Griffin
CowbellGuy

I said "often," not always. Michigan at MSG is kind of a special-case scenario with 3 parties involved.

Very true. I know that Estero is planned well in advance. It just seems odd that college hockey keeps its schedule unannounced until the previous season ends as a general rule.

Also, Schafer, knowing his personnel and their points of development could predict at what level a team should be when booking these schedules in advance. Yes, I know that he cannot account for early departures, but it may be at least partially by design.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 03, 2012 12:15PM

Well, some of those filler games tend to be booked late. Sacred Heart or Niagara on a Tuesday certainly aren't planned years in advance, so until the schedule's done, it can't really be announced. I still don't think how good the team is has any bearing on the quality of schedule. It doesn't matter how bad the team might be, if Schafer could schedule a home-and-home with a Denver or Michigan, I'm sure he would. How likely the other team is to accept could very well be impacted by the quality of Cornell's squad though.

Date: April 03, 2012 12:46PM

Chris '03
Josh '99
ursusminor
jtn27

You left out the part about the hot tub suite.
And not by accident, either.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 03, 2012 01:30PM

CowbellGuy
Well, some of those filler games tend to be booked late. Sacred Heart or Niagara on a Tuesday certainly aren't planned years in advance, so until the schedule's done, it can't really be announced. I still don't think how good the team is has any bearing on the quality of schedule. It doesn't matter how bad the team might be, if Schafer could schedule a home-and-home with a Denver or Michigan, I'm sure he would. How likely the other team is to accept could very well be impacted by the quality of Cornell's squad though.

Yeah, that's why I can't imagine this is easy to do by design. A couple of years is just about the time frame where a coach could reasonably predict his team's chances at the national level, so it probably is still a factor, just less of a factor than things like raw availability. If Schafer could say "we're shaping up to be a top team in 2 seasons - how about it?" I'm sure that's a more compelling pitch to the top NC teams, but if they're already booked or unwilling to reciprocate on travel it won't matter.

Date: April 03, 2012 01:58PM

jkahn
[letsgodu.blogspot.com]
Magness Arena is pretty sweet (I love the huge banked stands behind the goals) and the games would be cool too; we haven't played Denver since the 1986 NCAA Tournament.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: April 03, 2012 02:01PM

Josh '99
jkahn
[letsgodu.blogspot.com]
Magness Arena is pretty sweet (I love the huge banked stands behind the goals) and the games would be cool too; we haven't played Denver since the 1986 NCAA Tournament.

Magness Arena is very easy to get to from downtown Denver via the light rail system. I walked around the arena when I was in Denver for the FF in 2008 and went to see a lacrosse game live (my first, Denver v. Q). It seems like a very nice arena, though from games on TV, the lighting seems a bit dim.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 03, 2012 09:53PM

Aaron M. Griffin
CowbellGuy

Some football schedules are, some aren't. The 2012 Syracuse schedule was just released March 27. That was a special case, too, because of their conference turmoil.

Remember how late the OOC Cornell-Colgate at Thanksgiving 2010 was announced? Many people had already made other plans for the weekend.

It could have been amended, but the 1954 Ivy Group agreement that Beeej pointed us to says that "football schedules shall not be made more than two years in advance of the current calendar year" and "Schedules in all other sports shall not be made prior to December of the college year preceding that in which the schedules will be played." If "made" means a commitment, then that is pretty constraining. It surely takes time to shake things out, even with today's electronic communication. A Doodle poll just doesn't hack it.

Date: April 04, 2012 05:30PM

Speculation is over. Cornell hosts Colorado College at Lynah Rink on October 26 and October 27. Two of seven non-conference games confirmed officially.

Edit: Actually, four out of seven non-conference games are known now because it has been announced officially (as we know) that two others will be against two of the group of Minnesota-Duluth, Ferris State, and Maine in Estero, FL.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 06:49PM by Aaron M. Griffin.

Date: April 04, 2012 05:33PM

Aaron M. Griffin
Speculation is over. Cornell hosts Colorado College at Lynah Rink on October 26 and October 27. Two of seven non-conference games confirmed officially.

There may have been speculation about the date, but one need hardly speculate about Schafer's reciprocation policy.

Date: April 04, 2012 05:36PM

CowbellGuy
Aaron M. Griffin

There may have been speculation about the date, but one need hardly speculate about Schafer's reciprocation policy.

I meant about the date. I don't doubt Schafer's policy. I just don't count on anything, no matter how likely, occurring until it appears in some official form.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 09, 2012 04:04PM

Updates on Michigan Game:

Posted by: marty (---.sub-166-248-0.myvzw.com)
Date: April 09, 2012 04:32PM

Ronald '09
Updates on Michigan Game:

How is this a conflict? They each have their own band.

Date: April 09, 2012 04:39PM

marty
Isn't the Michigan Marching Band larger than the entire Union College student body?

Posted by: marty (---.sub-166-248-0.myvzw.com)
Date: April 09, 2012 04:42PM

Trotsky
marty
Isn't the Michigan Marching Band larger than the entire Union College student body?
The piccolo section is bigger than Union"s band.

Date: April 09, 2012 04:43PM

Trotsky
marty
Guess Michigan attendance could be less than spectacular.

Date: April 09, 2012 05:25PM

css228
Trotsky
marty

As I said in another post, football rules. Michigan, and The OSU for that matter, plan a lot around that football game. I'd not be surprised if the NYC UM alumni club didn't already have viewing plans for the football game. Competing with that could definately effect attendance. Now if they had an afternoon viewing in Manhatten, followed by dinner, and then hockey, it might work. Some would look at it as too long a day however, and might leave after the football.

Date: April 09, 2012 05:29PM

Jim Hyla
css228
Trotsky
marty

As I said in another post, football rules. Michigan, and The OSU for that matter, plan a lot around that football game. I'd not be surprised if the NYC UM alumni club didn't already have viewing plans for the football game. Competing with that could definately effect attendance. Now if they had an afternoon viewing in Manhatten, followed by dinner, and then hockey, it might work. Some would look at it as too long a day however, and might leave after the football.
Usually a game like that is a saturday afternoon game. I find it strange that that game is scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend.

Date: April 09, 2012 05:32PM

css228
Jim Hyla
css228
Trotsky
marty

Usually a game like that is a saturday afternoon game. I find it strange that that game is scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend.

In the B1G, it not only usually is an afternoon game, but it has to be an afternoon game. B1G rules do not allow night games during the month of November.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 09, 2012 05:33PM

css228
Jim Hyla
css228
Trotsky
marty

I found this on UM Almni site.

The U of M Club of NY hosts football watch parties every Saturday at sports bars throughout NYC with between 400-700 fans in attendance. Come join your fellow alumni in watching the games with full video and sound, enjoying the great deals on food and drink, winning Michigan memorabilia and paraphernalia during halftime raffles - and of course, participating in rousing chants of 'Hail to the Victors'!

Thanksgiving is the earliest possible this year.

Date: April 09, 2012 06:13PM

The U of M Club of NY hosts football watch parties every Saturday at sports bars throughout NYC with between 400-700 fans in attendance. Come join your fellow alumni in watching the games with full video and sound, enjoying the great deals on food and drink, winning Michigan memorabilia and paraphernalia during halftime raffles - and of course, participating in rousing chants of 'Hail to the Victors'!

Note to self: avoid University of Michigan football game viewing parties.

Date: April 09, 2012 06:16PM

jtn27

The best part of that (for me, anyways) is that they don't even call their own song by its formal name The Victors.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: April 09, 2012 06:36PM

Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27

The best part of that (for me, anyways) is that they don't even call their own song by its formal name The Victors.

I'm not sure what you mean, but the song is "The Victors", the chorus is "Hail to the victors...". The posting with the capital V was in error.

Date: April 09, 2012 08:50PM

An article in The Michigan Daily about the Michigan-Cornell game at The Garden.

Matt Slovin
BIG RED REMATCH: Just over two weeks after Cornell knocked Michigan out of the NCAA Tournament, the Cornell athletic department is just a few formalities short of announcing another meeting.

Instead of a sparsely populated Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisc., where the Big Red ended the Wolverines’ season in March, the game is slated to be played at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.

Though Cornell has yet to sign a finalized agreement with the venue, sources tell the Daily that the game will likely be played on Nov. 24, the Saturday following Thanksgiving. The game will potentially conflict with the Michigan-Ohio State football game, scheduled for the same day in Columbus...[Bowling Green and Michigan] were originally slated to play a series on Thanksgiving weekend, but a change was needed to accommodate the Wolverines’ date with Cornell at Madison Square Garden.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2012 10:22PM

jtn27

If they lose to TOSU, we'll have not just drunks but mean drunks attending.

Date: April 11, 2012 12:03AM

billhoward
jtn27

If they lose to TOSU, we'll have not just drunks but mean drunks attending.

And what about their fans?

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 01:46PM

I know that this thread is about the Cornell 12-13, not 13-14, schedule, but has anyone heard anything about the possibility of RPI playing BC in addition to Cornell playing BU at MSG over Thanksgiving in 2013? BC-RPI seems like a very odd combination to me. It was posted on the RPI thread on USCHO by an RPI fan who has a connection to BC.

Date: April 11, 2012 02:51PM

ursusminor
I know that this thread is about the Cornell 12-13, not 13-14, schedule, but has anyone heard anything about the possibility of RPI playing BC in addition to Cornell playing BU at MSG over Thanksgiving in 2013? BC-RPI seems like a very odd combination to me. It was posted on the RPI thread on USCHO by an RPI fan who has a connection to BC.

I have no way of knowing one way or the other if this is true or not, but it seems unlikely to me that there would be two college hockey games the same weekend at MSG. That would likely mean that both the Rangers and Knicks would have be on the road that weekend. In 2011, the Rangers had an afternoon home game on Saturday and the Knicks were still locked out. Unless one college game is Friday and one Saturday, they wouldn't be able to have an afternoon Knicks or Rangers game.

Date: April 11, 2012 03:03PM

jtn27
ursusminor

I have no way of knowing one way or the other if this is true or not, but it seems unlikely to me that there would be two college hockey games the same weekend at MSG. That would likely mean that both the Rangers and Knicks would have be on the road that weekend. In 2011, the Rangers had an afternoon home game on Saturday and the Knicks were still locked out. Unless one college game is Friday and one Saturday, they wouldn't be able to have an afternoon Knicks or Rangers game.

The rumor is that both NCAA games would be on the same day.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 03:47PM

jtn27
ursusminor

It wouldn't be a big deal to have a Saturday where they both weren't home.

Date: April 11, 2012 06:14PM

ursusminor
It sounds like the "rivalry renewal" day they had at Boston Garden in the early 90's with (going from memory here) BU, BC, Cornell and Vermont. Maybe MSG thinks that RPI/Cornell fans and BU/BC fans will cross-pollinate. If so, they are going to be very disappointed.

Date: April 11, 2012 07:05PM

Trotsky
ursusminor
It sounds like the "rivalry renewal" day they had at Boston Garden in the early 90's with (going from memory here) BU, BC, Cornell and Vermont. Maybe MSG thinks that RPI/Cornell fans and BU/BC fans will cross-pollinate. If so, they are going to be very disappointed.
To me it sounds quite similar to the second day of the December 1969 ECAC Holiday Festival at MSG with BU subbing for SLU. That was the only time that RPI has been at MSG. A rather forgettable two days for me. :-(

Date: April 11, 2012 07:34PM

ursusminor
jtn27
ursusminor

I assume two different games, two different tickets. It wouldn't make sense to have two games on one ticket since CU-BU does well enough by themselves. I can't imagine RP-BC drawing that well, unless RPI does very well next year. And I agree with Greg, not much cross-pollinating.

Date: April 12, 2012 05:12AM

Jim Hyla
ursusminor
jtn27
ursusminor

I assume two different games, two different tickets. It wouldn't make sense to have two games on one ticket since CU-BU does well enough by themselves. I can't imagine RP-BC drawing that well, unless RPI does very well next year. And I agree with Greg, not much cross-pollinating.
Here is the link back to the BC forum [bostoncollege.rivals.com].

I doubt that attendance by BC and RPI fans will be that linked to how well RPI does. The novelty should attract fans/alums from both schools in the NYC area. It would however help if the game wasn't a monumental blowout, as would probably have happened if RPI and BC played this season. My crystal ball says that RPI will be improved next season since the only area that we are losing anything of consequence is on the penalty kill. It's difficult to speculate on 2013-14 now. The message didn't consider the possibility of UConn joining the HEA leading to a 22-game HEA season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 05:13AM by ursusminor.

Date: April 12, 2012 09:20AM

A single-ticket doubleheader would certainly sell out. Cornell alumni who aren't rabid hockey fans may find yearly MSG hockey events too much to gear up for. Plus the even-number years have Cornell playing at Columbia in football just 2-3 weeks earlier and this has traditionally been Alumni House's big push for Cornell involvement in NYC (class receptions, tailgate such as it is at Columbia, game, Big Red Band march down Fifth Avenue). Recall how little effort went into promoting Cornell basketball's participation in the Madison Square Garden hoops tournament just a couple weeks after Red Hot Hockey Round II in 2009. Playing a doubleheader would probably eliminate the ability of the Knicks or Rangers to play a 1 pm game at the Garden, though.

Date: April 12, 2012 12:32PM

billhoward
A single-ticket doubleheader would certainly sell out.
I thought the CU-BU games sold out on their own?

Posted by: Robb (192.206.89.---)
Date: April 12, 2012 01:41PM

Trotsky
billhoward
A single-ticket doubleheader would certainly sell out.
I thought the CU-BU games sold out on their own?
Yeah, but would it if it were a doubleheader at 2x (or even 1.6x) the price?

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 02, 2012 02:04PM

According to Denver, we're there 01/04/2013 and 01/05/2013.

Date: May 02, 2012 02:09PM

Scersk '97

So, one slot that we think is for the Michigan game at MSG is left formally.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 02, 2012 03:00PM

Scersk '97

I vote that the team go directly from Florida to Denver to acclimate rather than spend the week at sea level again. :-)

Date: May 02, 2012 05:20PM

Scersk '97

Thanks, I added it, tentative. So Colgate 11/1,2,3 or 1/10,11,12?

Date: May 02, 2012 05:25PM

Jim Hyla
Scersk '97

Thanks, I added it, tentative. So Colgate 11/1,2,3 or 1/10,11,12?

I just checked Colgate site and they list us as 11/2 @ Starr and 11/3 @ Lynah. They have UVM 1/12, so it seems secure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 05:28PM by Jim Hyla.

Re: 2012-13 Schedule - long season
Date: May 02, 2012 08:14PM

Jim Hyla
Fri-Sun 3/08-3/10 ECAC Prelims
Fri-Sun 3/15-3/17 ECAC Quarters
Fri-Sat 3/22-3/23 ECAC Semi & Finals

Fri-Sun 3/29-3/31 NCAA Regionals
Thu-Sat 4/11-4/13 NCAA Semi & Finals
[/code]
The NCAA title game is Saturday, April 13, which seems late. This year it was April 7. But the NCAA basketball title game is also pushing back, to April 8, 2013; this year it was April 2. In checking dates, I found this item from Wikipedia about basketball. Can't tell if it's oddly written or just business as usual with the NCAA: "This year will also mark the 75th edition of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (the actual 75th anniversary will come a year later)." Edition vs. anniversary?

Date: May 02, 2012 08:24PM

billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]
The NCAA title game is Saturday, April 13, which seems late. This year it was April 7. But the NCAA basketball title game is also pushing back, to April 8, 2013; this year it was April 2. In checking dates, I found this item from Wikipedia about basketball. Can't tell if it's oddly written or just business as usual with the NCAA: "This year will also mark the 75th edition of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (the actual 75th anniversary will come a year later)." Edition vs. anniversary?

My guess is that's just Wikipedia being Wikipedia.

Date: May 02, 2012 08:35PM

Jim Hyla
I just checked Colgate site and they list us as 11/2 @ Starr and 11/3 @ Lynah.
Wowie. Can never recall us opening the conference slate with the 'Gate pair, ever.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 02, 2012 08:53PM

billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]
If this Sunday you held the First Annual Bill Howard Invitational Cribbage Championship, next year's would be the second "edition" held on the first anniversary of the inaugural.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 03, 2012 01:18PM

billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]
The NCAA title game is Saturday, April 13, which seems late. This year it was April 7.
If I'm not mistaken, this is because the season officially starts on October 1st (for non-Ivy schools) and has a fixed length. This past season, there were 28 weekends between the weekend of Saturday October 1st and the weekend of Saturday April 7th (i.e. the Frozen Four), inclusive. This coming season, there will be 28 weekends between the weekend of Saturday October 6th (i.e. the first weekend after the start of the season on October 1st) and the weekend of Saturday, April 13th (i.e. the Frozen Four), inclusive.

Date: May 03, 2012 01:24PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla
Wowie. Can never recall us opening the conference slate with the 'Gate pair, ever.

If you're driving to Hamilton on clear roads, are you really driving to Hamilton?

Date: May 04, 2012 08:45AM

French Rage
Trotsky
Jim Hyla

If you're driving to Hamilton on clear roads, are you really driving to Hamilton?
The roads will still be blocked by hobos with Colgate degrees who couldn't get jobs.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: May 04, 2012 02:26PM

Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]
If this Sunday you held the First Annual Bill Howard Invitational Cribbage Championship, next year's would be the second "edition" held on the first anniversary of the inaugural.

But if Tostitos decided to buy naming rights to the event then would it still be the 75th anniversary or would it be the "First Tostitos NCAA Championship"?

Date: May 04, 2012 03:09PM

Trotsky
French Rage
Trotsky
Jim Hyla

The roads will still be blocked by hobos with Colgate degrees who couldn't get jobs.

Makes sense, if anyone would be lured to a hockey game solely because of free pizza it'd be hobos.

Date: May 04, 2012 06:36PM

Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

But if Tostitos decided to buy naming rights to the event then would it still be the 75th anniversary or would it be the "First Tostitos NCAA Championship"?

You assume that Tostitos won't buy into the Cribbage tournament?**]

More on topic, when did the hockey finals morph into "The Frozen Four"? I'm sure they weren't called that back when Harkness brought the tournament to Troy.

Date: May 04, 2012 08:52PM

marty
More on topic, when did the hockey finals morph into "The Frozen Four"? I'm sure they weren't called that back when Harkness brought the tournament to Troy.

I wondered this too. The NCAA provides a historical timeline of the tournament. The timeline states:

1999 The NCAA Division I hockey final round officially takes the name “Men’s Frozen Four.” Worcester’s Centrum Centre hosts a regional record single-session crowd of 12,517.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: May 05, 2012 12:30AM

Aaron M. Griffin
marty

I wondered this too. The NCAA provides a historical timeline of the tournament. The timeline states:

1999 The NCAA Division I hockey final round officially takes the name “Men’s Frozen Four.” Worcester’s Centrum Centre hosts a regional record single-session crowd of 12,517.

Note that the name was in use in HOCKEY-L circles for several years before that, but we generally preferred "Phinal Phour".

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 05, 2012 02:18AM

jtwcornell91
Aaron M. Griffin
marty

Note that the name was in use in HOCKEY-L circles for several years before that, but we generally preferred "Phinal Phour".

And sometimes "Phrozen Phour."

The t-shirt I bought in Anaheim in 1999 is the only one I have that merely states "NCAA Hockey Championship," while there is a logo on my 2001 t-shirt from Albany that says "Frozen Four" in addition to the text that reads "Division I Championship." That was also the last year that was held in a non-NHL arena (excluding Ford Field).

Date: May 05, 2012 10:15AM

Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

This year Oregon beat Wisconsin in the 98th Rose Bowl Game Presented by Vizio. Vizio was founded in 2002.

Date: May 05, 2012 11:33AM

jtn27
Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

This year Oregon beat Wisconsin in the 98th Rose Bowl Game Presented by Vizio. Vizio was founded in 2002.

I think there is a difference when the corporate brand is inherently part of the name as compared to when it is merely designated as the key sponsor in the name ( "presented by" ). So, the Rose Bowl does not prove the point necessarily. However, the "Allstate Sugar Bowl" was dubbed the 78th Sugar Bowl in 2012, and we all know that Allstate was not the key sponsor when it was established in 1935.

I feel the need to assert how much I hate such flagrant corporate sponsorship, especially in naming rights, of college venues and events.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Date: May 05, 2012 09:51PM

Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

I think there is a difference when the corporate brand is inherently part of the name as compared to when it is merely designated as the key sponsor in the name ( "presented by" ). So, the Rose Bowl does not prove the point necessarily. However, the "Allstate Sugar Bowl" was dubbed the 78th Sugar Bowl in 2012, and we all know that Allstate was not the key sponsor when it was established in 1935.

I feel the need to assert how much I hate such flagrant corporate sponsorship, especially in naming rights, of college venues and events.

I agree, but how else are coaches supposed to make those millions.

Date: May 05, 2012 11:13PM

Jim Hyla
Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

I agree, but how else are coaches supposed to make those millions.

By Sucking the University's Blood

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 06, 2012 11:49AM

Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
Roy 82
Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Jim Hyla

[/code]

Doesn't this disprove your thesis so clearly that one wonders why you bothered typing at all? The corporate sponsors know exactly what they are doing: they are latching onto the coattails of an event with history, not creating something new. Your distinction is pedantic. The Rose Bowl is the only one with enough pride and sense of history to make sure that "Rose" is the first word out of the announcer's mouth, but otherwise there is no difference.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2012 01:40PM

Ferris State posted its 2012-13 schedule recently. Cornell will play Ferris State in the first game in Estero, FL. I am not sure if we had determined the pairings yet.

2009-10 Cornell-Harvard:
11/07/2009 Ithaca 6-3
02/19/2010 Cambridge 3-0
03/12/2010 Ithaca 5-1
03/13/2010 Ithaca 3-0

Re: Michigan game seems confirmed
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (216.2.63.---)
Date: June 08, 2012 09:26AM

The facebook account for the Cornell Alumni Association posted a picture of a poster up at reunion. Saturday Nov 24 - 8pm - MSG
[www.facebook.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 09:29AM by Ben Rocky '04.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: June 08, 2012 10:29AM

Ben Rocky '04
The facebook account for the Cornell Alumni Association posted a picture of a poster up at reunion. Saturday Nov 24 - 8pm - MSG
[www.facebook.com]

Now I'm nervous. MSG appears to be about ready to capsize. I've heard of games where the ice appears to be tilted, but that's a little ridiculous.

Is this thing on?

Posted by: munchkin (---.mbbw.simmons.edu)
Date: June 08, 2012 10:58AM

RichH
Ben Rocky '04
[www.facebook.com]

Now I'm nervous. MSG appears to be about ready to capsize. I've heard of games where the ice appears to be tilted, but that's a little ridiculous.

Is this thing on?

Based on a friend who is at Reunion and sent that poster via text, it appears to be so.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 08, 2012 01:28PM

munchkin
RichH
Ben Rocky '04
[www.facebook.com]

Is this thing on?

Based on a friend who is at Reunion and sent that poster via text, it appears to be so.

I think the game is on, unless, as Chris Dilks has suggested is possible, Cornell and Michigan are getting married at MSG.

Date: June 08, 2012 02:40PM

Michigan's rivals.com site is reporting it, too. That article notes that the contract still hasn't been signed.

But all indications over the last four months point toward this game being played in Madison Square Garden.

It's great that Cornell can take advantage of the obsolescence of the College Hockey Showcase. For many years, Michigan (and Michigan State) played Minnesota and Wisconsin every Thanksgiving weekend.

Page: Previous1 2 3Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login