Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Estero Roll Call December 2011 & ELF meet-up

Posted by Rita 
Estero Roll Call December 2011 & ELF meet-up
Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: December 05, 2011 12:56PM

Me + 2.

Also, for those of you coming down for the tournament here is a traffic update for you.

There is road construction on US route 41 from the Corkscrew road intersection (in Estero) and north to San Carlos Boulevard (in Ft. Myers). If you think you will be traveling on US41 to get to the arena, plan accordingly.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 10:50AM by Rita.

Re: Estero Roll Call December 2011
Posted by: Larry72 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2011 01:10PM

Me +1 at least.

Thanks for the traffic update

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: December 05, 2011 01:41PM

Me + 1

Posted by: pfibiger (---.140.216.111.190.cps.com.ar)
Date: December 05, 2011 04:20PM

Me + 2.5 ..Hopefully this year my son won't be terrified of the goal horn :)

Posted by: dbilmes (---.182.178.10.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 05, 2011 05:14PM

Me + 1

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 05, 2011 05:32PM

I will not be attending. Does anyone know if there's a way for me watch or listen to the games? I don't feel like subscribing to RedCast just to watch the Florida tournament, and because I won't be in Ithaca either I won't be able to listen on the radio. Will the games be televised or will there be a free online stream (video or audio)?

Posted by: ebilmes (---.dhcp.stls.mo.charter.com)
Date: December 05, 2011 10:42PM

See you there.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2011 11:30PM

Date: December 05, 2011 11:44PM

The Rancor
not attending:

So Iles is temporarily leaving the team to be a third-string "emergency goalie"? He should just stay with Cornell and help us get some much needed out-of-conference wins.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2011 06:34AM

jtn27
The Rancor
not attending:

So Iles is temporarily leaving the team to be a third-string "emergency goalie"? He should just stay with Cornell and help us get some much needed out-of-conference wins.
From today's Ithaca Journal"

"Cornell sophomore goalie Andy Iles has also been tabbed as the United States' emergency goalie after being on the bronze medal-winning squad in 2011. He will not attend either the camp or the tournament unless an injury is suffered by Jack Campbell or John Gibson."

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2011 09:01AM

Al DeFlorio
jtn27
The Rancor
not attending:

From today's Ithaca Journal"

"Cornell sophomore goalie Andy Iles has also been tabbed as the United States' emergency goalie after being on the bronze medal-winning squad in 2011. He will not attend either the camp or the tournament unless an injury is suffered by Jack Campbell or John Gibson."

so he will be in Florida. Good for Cornell! I swear I didn't see that asterisk!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 09:05AM by The Rancor.

Posted by: Aaron M. Griffin (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2011 10:39AM

jtn27
I don't feel like subscribing to RedCast just to watch the Florida tournament...

Will the games be broadcast on Redcast? I did not realize that they were broadcasted on Redcast.

Date: December 06, 2011 01:33PM

Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27
I don't feel like subscribing to RedCast just to watch the Florida tournament...

Will the games be broadcast on Redcast? I did not realize that they were broadcasted on Redcast.

I don't know. I just assumed they would be. Either way, my question still stands: how do people not in Florida or within range of Ithaca's radio stations watch/listen to the games?

Date: December 06, 2011 01:50PM

jtn27
Aaron M. Griffin
jtn27

I don't know. I just assumed they would be. Either way, my question still stands: how do people not in Florida or within range of Ithaca's radio stations watch/listen to the games?

Check the websites for the other teams playing in the tourney (UMASS, Clarkson, Maine) and see if they offer free audio and whether they will be carrying the games. You can also check the B2 website. I think (??) in past years they offered video on a PPV basis. I would say your best bet is to subscribe to redcast for the month and get the audio for the Florida and Colorado College games, but given the lack of live audio from MSG and the BU game, if the monthly subscription fee is more than you can afford to burn*, just follow along on the chat.

*I think we have used the phrase "burning money" with respect to the quality and accessibility of Cornell hockey internet providers (CSTV, CBS sports etc).

Re: Estero ELF meet-up?
Date: December 08, 2011 11:00AM

Anyone going to the tourney interested in meeting up after the first day's (Thursday) games? There is a T.G.I.Fridays nearby that is one of the few places in the area open past 10 pm.

It is on Route 41 at the Coconut Point Mall (about 2 miles south of the Rt 41/Corkscrew Road intersection).
COCONUT POINT, FL
7991 PLAZA DEL LAGO DR
ESTERO, FL 33928
(239) 495-1208

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: December 08, 2011 02:22PM

Rita
Anyone going to the tourney interested in meeting up after the first day's (Thursday) games? There is a T.G.I.Fridays nearby that is one of the few places in the area open past 10 pm.

Don't you just love Florida? How's the early bird special?

Date: December 08, 2011 02:45PM

Swampy
Rita

Don't you just love Florida? How's the early bird special?

My parents aren't *that* old, so they still like to have dinner around 6-7 pm.

Before the Coconut Point Mall opened, the local Publix Grocery stores closed at 9 pm! panic. Really. Now they are open until 10 pm, presumably to allow the retail workers a chance to pick up last minute necessities on the way home from work. Not much better in Miami, where the stores in my neighborhood close at 11 pm. The concept of a 24 hr grocery store has NOT caught on down here.

Re: Estero Roll Call December 2011 & ELF meet-up
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2011 09:59PM

Me + 3.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: December 17, 2011 03:30PM

I just emailed Craig Brush and sent him an mp3 of Davy - telling him the team would feel a lot more at home if they finally started playing Davy when the team skated out on the ice and after we scored. He quickly responded with "I am on it" so hopefully we'll get Davy down there this year.
The version I sent him is a live version with the post-goal stuff, so it might not be perfectly appropriate for the beginning of each period, but I'd love to hear it anyway.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 17, 2011 03:39PM

jkahn
I just emailed Craig Brush and sent him an mp3 of Davy - telling him the team would feel a lot more at home if they finally started playing Davy when the team skated out on the ice and after we scored. He quickly responded with "I am on it" so hopefully we'll get Davy down there this year.
The version I sent him is a live version with the post-goal stuff, so it might not be perfectly appropriate for the beginning of each period, but I'd love to hear it anyway.
Thanks Jeff! Hopefully, there will be plenty of chances for them to play it!
I still remember the one year we had a mini pep band of 4 or 5 people down there. At least we heard Davy that year.

Posted by: RedAR (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2011 12:25AM

Anyone know of cheap flights from the NYC area to Fort Myers or nearby airport. Some last minute trip planning, but flights I found are $650+.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2011 08:20AM

jkahn

Seriously, thank you.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2011 09:41AM

RedAR
Anyone know of cheap flights from the NYC area to Fort Myers or nearby airport. Some last minute trip planning, but flights I found are $650+.

Flights to South Florida are pricey... the snowbirds are returning!

Miami International Airport is about 2.5 hr away, but you will need a rental car.

Tampa/St. Pete is about 2 hr or so to the north and requires a trip on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge which is pretty long and high. Again, you'll need a rental car.

If you opt to fly into Miami, PM me for the best way to get out of Miami and onto Alligator Alley.

Posted by: dag14 (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2011 10:22AM

Try Ft. Lauderdale. It isn't that much farther than Miami, there are lots of direct flights from LaGuardia and Newark. And Alligator Alley is a neat drive. Just don't be heading west at sundown....

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 22, 2011 11:02AM

Apparently the Ferlin clan will also be attending.

Date: December 22, 2011 11:29AM

dag14
Try Ft. Lauderdale. It isn't that much farther than Miami, there are lots of direct flights from LaGuardia and Newark. And Alligator Alley is a neat drive. Just don't be heading west at sundown....

Thanks. I forgot about FLL. Breakfast had yet to kick in yet :). There is also West Palm Beach airport, but that might be more of a 2.5 - 3 hr drive.

Happy Holidays everyone and safe travels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login