Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jersey Mockups

Posted by Greg M 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jersey Mockups
Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 10:09AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
css228
Al DeFlorio
And note there is no black outlining the script "P" on the cap or the word "Phillies" on the shirt (nor the number on the back, either).banana
Yep, absolutey no colors that aren't part of the official color scheme. On another note, here's another chilling example of what happens when you start straying too far from your roots.

FWIW, I think those unis were only used for spring training and never for regular season.

And I personally think the best Phils unis were the 1980'2 era ones - both home and away.
Actually they were worn once in a regular season game on May 19, 1979. The players hated them so much they refused to ever wear them again.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: December 07, 2011 12:16PM

css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
css228
Al DeFlorio
And note there is no black outlining the script "P" on the cap or the word "Phillies" on the shirt (nor the number on the back, either).banana
Yep, absolutey no colors that aren't part of the official color scheme. On another note, here's another chilling example of what happens when you start straying too far from your roots.

FWIW, I think those unis were only used for spring training and never for regular season.

And I personally think the best Phils unis were the 1980'2 era ones - both home and away.
Actually they were worn once in a regular season game on May 19, 1979. The players hated them so much they refused to ever wear them again.

Good choice. They look like long johns.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: December 07, 2011 12:40PM

css228
Jeff Hopkins '82
css228
Al DeFlorio

One is a fluke. Two is a trend. As far as I can tell, this was an option for Cleveland from 1976-1980:

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 10, 2011 03:56PM

Trotsky
Kyle Rose
Trotsky
Also, please don't compare the Cornell uniforms, which are classic, with the Yankees', which are ungainly and ugly and have really only attained classic stature through longevity.
Strangely, I agree about the pinstripes... but I think the grey away jersey with the simple "NEW YORK" on the front and the three blue-white-blue stripes on the short sleeve ends (cuffs?) is clean and classic in the same way as the Cornell hockey jerseys: they are among my favorites.
I agree completely. I think those unis are beautiful.
I don't think the pinstripes are ugly. But the Yankee jersey I own and wear is a road one. It's just classic.

Date: December 10, 2011 04:03PM

It's nor red, but it fits the trend. Oh, the 70's. My eyes, my eyes.

Date: December 10, 2011 04:11PM

Maybe we should use the great seal for the jerseys. You know, the one on our diploma with Exra on it. Nothing says "sharp jersey" like a foot high image of a bearded guy in the middle of the chest.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2011 02:09PM

KeithK
It's nor red, but it fits the trend. Oh, the 70's. My eyes, my eyes.
I'm going to do us all a favor and not post pictures of the time the White Sox decided to wear shorts.

Posted by: ansky629 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 11, 2011 09:19PM

Just NO.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 12, 2011 01:06AM

css228
I'm going to do us all a favor and not post pictures of the time the White Sox decided to wear shorts.

I looked up a picture with the plan of posting it anyway, but I think you made the right decision.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: December 12, 2011 07:45AM

Al DeFlorio
Ben
Al DeFlorio
Ben
A bit more about jerseys changing often: Nike has given Men's lacrosse and basketball new uniforms for this season. And they kinda suck (in my opinion).
New squeakball unis look like high school. Thankfully, the Sweet Sixteen team that was given national exposure was classily-dressed. I haven't seen new lacrosse unis but I'm not looking forward to it. Nike's designs...well...suck.
They wore the new white version (with cherry red numbering and lettering) for the NCAA tourney game against UVA back in May. I shudder to think about what the away reds will look like.
Right. I'm glad the black is gone, although it somehow was less offensive to me on the lacrosse unis than on football or basketball, but the red is all wrong. It's a "weak" or "soft" color, whereas the previous red was a "strong" color.
While perusing the Modell's website, I found this. That's almost definitely the new away jersey -- and it doesn't look as bad as I had expected.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2011 09:10AM

Ben
Al DeFlorio
Ben
Al DeFlorio
Ben
A bit more about jerseys changing often: Nike has given Men's lacrosse and basketball new uniforms for this season. And they kinda suck (in my opinion).
New squeakball unis look like high school. Thankfully, the Sweet Sixteen team that was given national exposure was classily-dressed. I haven't seen new lacrosse unis but I'm not looking forward to it. Nike's designs...well...suck.
They wore the new white version (with cherry red numbering and lettering) for the NCAA tourney game against UVA back in May. I shudder to think about what the away reds will look like.
Right. I'm glad the black is gone, although it somehow was less offensive to me on the lacrosse unis than on football or basketball, but the red is all wrong. It's a "weak" or "soft" color, whereas the previous red was a "strong" color.
While perusing the Modell's website, I found this. That's almost definitely the new away jersey -- and it doesn't look as bad as I had expected.
The style is fine but the color is wrong. The undershirt shown with it is a better red.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 12, 2011 10:14AM

RichH
We have had one-weekend "alternate" jerseys over the past 10 years that were auctioned off for charity. I can't find pictures of that first one with the block "C" and the wide white stipe at the middle, but that was acceptable for a one-time charity thing.

[www.ELynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: December 12, 2011 12:08PM

CowbellGuy
RichH
We have had one-weekend "alternate" jerseys over the past 10 years that were auctioned off for charity. I can't find pictures of that first one with the block "C" and the wide white stipe at the middle, but that was acceptable for a one-time charity thing.

[www.ELynah.com]
I like that. Not as a replacement but as a general subjective evaluation. Though it is weird to see the captain's sweater because I want the C to be infinitely recursive as it goes up his shoulder.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: December 12, 2011 03:30PM

ugarte
CowbellGuy
RichH

[www.ELynah.com]
I like that. Not as a replacement but as a general subjective evaluation. Though it is weird to see the captain's sweater because I want the C to be infinitely recursive as it goes up his shoulder.
Those sweaters look slick, but they don't make me thing "Cornell". Maybe a version with the red and white flipped (and the same shade of red as we normally wear) would do it.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 12, 2011 03:39PM

css228
How about when Providence wore long pants for hockey?

(The whole game is out there, if anyone but me enjoys watching it.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 03:52PM by ursusminor.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: December 12, 2011 04:42PM

ursusminor
I know guys who still play in Cooperalls. They're not quite as rare or obscure as shorts for baseball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 04:42PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: Greg M (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 12, 2011 05:28PM

KeithK
Maybe we should use the great seal for the jerseys. You know, the one on our diploma with Exra on it. Nothing says "sharp jersey" like a foot high image of a bearded guy in the middle of the chest.

I'm kind of busy with finals, but I'm currently reconstructing the color version (there's no high quality pictures of the seal online) for use in a mock. Maybe I'll have the school motto wrapping around the bottom of the jersey LA Kings style (except it would be on the back too).

[www.cornell.edu]

Posted by: scoop85 (173.84.100.---)
Date: December 12, 2011 05:29PM

ursusminor
css228

(The whole game is out there, if anyone but me enjoys watching it.)

And to think the RPI faithful often refer to Schafer as "fat Mike" -- that moniker should have been retired with Adessa.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: December 12, 2011 05:30PM

Greg M
KeithK

I'm kind of busy with finals, but I'm currently reconstructing the color version (there's no high quality pictures of the seal online) for use in a mock. Maybe I'll have the school motto wrapping around the bottom of the jersey LA Kings style (except it would be on the back too).
Why not just go with a word cloud on the front? "Cornell" can prominently feature, along with "Ivy", "ECAC(H(L))" and "sucks".

This can wrap all the way around the jersey:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 05:37PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: Greg M (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 12, 2011 06:06PM

Kyle Rose
Greg M
KeithK

Why not just go with a word cloud on the front? "Cornell" can prominently feature, along with "Ivy", "ECAC(H(L))" and "sucks".

This can wrap all the way around the jersey:

The word cloud can get a shoulder patch.

Date: January 27, 2012 05:51PM

Argh! Is this a new Harvard jersey?

[insidecollegehockey.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 27, 2012 06:20PM

Al DeFlorio

Harvard wore those sweaters for the game against Union at Fenway Park. I think it's a throwback based on the sweaters Harvard wore about a century ago.

Date: January 27, 2012 08:24PM

cbuckser
Al DeFlorio

Harvard wore those sweaters for the game against Union at Fenway Park. I think it's a throwback based on the sweaters Harvard wore about a century ago.
Glad I wasn't around then. Close, though.;-)

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login