Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

dartmouth

Posted by littleredfan 
dartmouth
Posted by: littleredfan (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 13, 2002 05:39PM

dartmouth...poop. :-(

[www.thedartmouth.com]

anyone see that article from the first loss? at the same time they completely disrespect cornell & the fans, they respect lynah a lot...real weird.

just thought of an idea, if anyone has the desire to do something with this...but we all know how great lynah is and has such an amazing reputation--we should make a list of quotes from opposing teams/players about how they respect it... to do what with it, i dont know, but it might be a fun procrastination activity if you run into a quote B-]

ie. "That's the best place to play in all of college hockey," Dartmouth left winger Chris Taliercio '02 said. "The whole place is in unison, and it's just fun. The fans really get into it."

Re: dartmouth
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.metro1.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 06:23PM

That would be pretty cool. Don't forget Red Berenson's quote that the 100 Faithful who went to Ann Arbor for the 1991 NCAA round taught their crowd how to cheer.

Date: February 13, 2002 06:30PM

i could have sworn i saw a reply to greg's message by age that has now mysteriously disappeared... :)

but yeah feel free to post any cool quotes you have help

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.utb.edu)
Date: February 13, 2002 07:35PM

There was a "clippings" section on the Big Red Pep Band page including the Burlington Free Press's famous "Hooligans with Horns" piece. Is that still there?

Date: February 13, 2002 08:02PM

It's actually good when their fans are into it like that and they're getting on Boucher. I know Boucher likes to play in that rink just for that reason.

I guess Nicky doesn't mind giving up the occasional goal when he's busy taunting Section B. :-(

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.metro1.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 08:16PM

The arrogant team quote didn't make sense. Either the team's arrogant because they expect to win, or the fans are arrogant because they expect the team to win, but not...

Dartmouth used to be a cuddly stuffed animal that Cornell smashed around twice a year, then said soothing things to and about. No longer -- they've grown a pair, and they certainly respond well to the challenge of playing the Big Red. I hope the players treat Friday as they would a game at Cheel or Appleton -- a tough team, in their barn. A win would be very sweet, given recent history.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2002 12:07AM

The page can be found at [www.rso.cornell.edu] - It does not (yet) include the extensive media coverage following the Columbia basketball coach incident.

Date: February 14, 2002 01:10AM

I think we have to grudgingly admit that the transformation of Dartmouth coincided with the arrival of your favorite coach at his alma mater. yark

Still, I hope someone clips (prints out) that article and tacks it up in the Cornell locker room. After reading that, I want to lace 'em up (learn to skate a lot better, learn to play hockey on skates), go out there and kick some Big Green Butt.

Posted by: Aaron K-S (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2002 01:25AM

I liked how the article forgot to mention that while the Dartmouth players were busy "reminding" the student section who won, they also neglected to scate by and salute the few Dartmouth fans who found their way into section O. Maybe thanking your fans for their support would help build a little Big Green interest in the team...

Posted by: Aaron K-S (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2002 01:29AM

By the way, if I knew how to edit messages, I would have spelled skate with a "k."

Posted by: Admin (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: February 14, 2002 08:47AM

You have to make an account and log in before posting to be able to edit.

Posted by: AdamGanderson (---.syr.edu)
Date: February 14, 2002 11:02AM

"The truth is that we own that rink," Maturo added

My god... Whelan's right. That article on a bulliten board would bloody well get me fired up.

"We're gonna beat the hell out of you!"

Posted by: Roy Kornbluh (---.erg.sri.com)
Date: February 14, 2002 04:52PM

Yeah, and it's our own damn fault. Gaudet was a hell of a goalie but we taunted him unmercifully. Well, he was pretty ugly:-D

Date: February 15, 2002 10:28AM

quote from the dartmouth this morning:

"They are billing themselves as a national-championship-caliber team," head coach Bob Gaudet '81 said. "They are a team that can do well in our league but also can do well out of our league and in the national tournament. They're tough, strong and disciplined. They're not going to take ridiculous penalties."

"I think their offense is pretty single dimensional," defenseman Trevor Byrne '03 said. "They really concentrate on their defense and wait for other teams to make mistakes. We just didn't make any mistakes against them last time. They have two or three guys that their whole offense revolves around. We shut them down. If we do that again, we'll be in good shape."

Asked to explain Dartmouth's recent historical success against Cornell, Gary Hunter '02 said: "I think we never underestimate them. We know they're always a good team, so we come out even harder than usual. So if we just play physical and skate well, Dartmouth is going to win by two."

read the whole article here:

[www.thedartmouth.com]

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: February 15, 2002 10:33AM

littleredfan wrote:

quote from the dartmouth this morning:

"They have two or three guys that their whole offense revolves around. We shut them down. If we do that again, we'll be in good shape."

Yeah - that is why we had a game recently where 12 different guys each had a point. Oh. and 2 of our 3 top scorers, were *not* on that list (Paolini and Bâby)

Posted by: AdamGanderson (---.syr.edu)
Date: February 15, 2002 10:53AM

"recent historical" success?!?!?!?

Let's cream these genuine immitation jumbo shrimp!!!

"Cornell goal by #21, Stephen B&226;by"
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: February 15, 2002 11:17AM

Even Arthur would stumble over that one.:-P

Re: "Cornell goal by #21, Stephen B&226;by"
Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: February 15, 2002 11:43AM

Damn Al-

you must be reloading every 15 seconds or something... I fixed that typo within 45 seconds of the original post.

:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login