Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - January 2011

Posted by The Rancor 
Alumni in the Pros - January 2011
Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2011 10:31AM

Justin Milo (UVM) is playing for the ECHL Stingrays, after 2 games with the Alaska Aces.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 11:14AM by Beeeej.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - January 2011
Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 01, 2011 07:06PM

Colin Greening had his 11 AHL goal in a losing effort on New year's eve.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 01, 2011 07:09PM

Matt Moulson got his 12th in a winning effort New Year's Eve.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: January 04, 2011 11:19AM

Al DeFlorio
Matt Moulson got his 12th in a winning effort New Year's Eve.

Moulson scored his 13th and 14th in another winning effort last night. Look out Eastern Conference, the Isles are 7-2-1 in their last 10.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 04, 2011 11:38AM

Chris Botta makes the case for extending Moulson's contract. He proposes three years in the region of $3.5 million per year. The comments are running overwhelmingly in favor.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: January 04, 2011 02:09PM

kingpin248
Chris Botta makes the case for extending Moulson's contract. He proposes three years in the region of $3.5 million per year. The comments are running overwhelmingly in favor.

I dunno. They may want to go to 15 years, just to be sure they can lock him up.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: January 05, 2011 08:46AM

The Rancor
Justin Milo (UVM) is playing for the ECHL Stingrays, after 2 games with the Alaska Aces.

Justin was claimed off waivers by the Gwinnett Gladiators yesterday.

[www.gwinnettgladiators.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 05, 2011 10:56AM

Jordan 04
kingpin248

Hey, that's my joke! cuss

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 05, 2011 02:21PM

Josh '99
Jordan 04
kingpin248

Hey, that's my joke! cuss
Oh no. That joke belongs to ALL of us. :-/

Re: Alumni in the Pros - January 2011_OB v. Moulson
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2011 03:13PM

Very early into the game, O'Byrne scores his first goal of the season to make it 2-0 Colorado.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 08, 2011 03:14PM

Ryan O'Byrne puts home his first of the season 1:47 in against the Islanders. If the first 2 minutes are any indication, young Kevin Poulin will not be receiving a 15 year contract.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2011 12:18AM

"Dougie" Murray in a commercial for Sharks/Oilers. This probably belongs on some kind of "disturbing hockey video" list.

[video.sharks.nhl.com]

Posted by: gonyr (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2011 08:03PM

David LeNeveu called up by Columbus.

[tsn.ca]

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2011 01:59PM

Tom Lento
"Dougie" Murray in a commercial for Sharks/Oilers. This probably belongs on some kind of "disturbing hockey video" list.

[video.sharks.nhl.com]
The legacy of Ed Marinaro and Hill Street Blues remains intact.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: January 11, 2011 02:50PM

O'Byrne had over 21 minutes of ice time last night, he seems to be fitting in nicely with the Avs. Matt Hunwick, a former Michigan player who was traded from the Bruins around the same time that Ryan was traded, seems to be struggling a bit.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: January 12, 2011 05:59PM

[www.tsn.ca]

That was short lived...

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 12, 2011 06:00PM

Cactus12
[www.tsn.ca]

That was short lived...
I think "emergency call up" summed up about how long he'd stay in Columbus.

Case Over: Charges Against David McKee dismissed
Date: January 12, 2011 08:52PM

According to the Orange County Register, the five-year-old rape charge against David McKee was dimissed following a hung jury trial that voted 11-1 for acquittal: Rape Charge Against Hockey Player Dismissed

The allegation said McKee raped an unconscious woman he met earlier that night in a Newport Beach bar. "[Defense attorney Al] Stokke argued that McKee and the woman engaged in consensual sex. The jury foreman said later that most jurors did not think the woman was unconscious at the time of the act. Another juror said she felt it was a consensual sexual encounter." The prosecutor did not object to the motion to dismiss, which was granted by the judge.

Date: January 15, 2011 12:38AM

Ryan O'Byrne gets his 6th assist on Colorado's 3rd goal; a very, very bad goal for Minnesota's goalie Khudobin to have given up. Oh, Colorado win's 4-1 and 22+ minutes in ice time for OB.

Date: January 15, 2011 10:47PM

Matt Moulson assisted on all goals of Tavares's natural hat trick. I also noticed a big "A" on Matt's jersey. Is that new? I didn't know he had been named an assistant captain.

Date: January 15, 2011 11:00PM

I've seen the A the last 2-3 games, not sure I had seen it before.

Date: January 15, 2011 11:03PM

Rita
Matt Moulson assisted on all goals of Tavares's natural hat trick.
...........3 consecutive goals in under 6 minutes. Wow.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2011 02:22PM

RatushnyFan
It may be temporary while the Islanders' captain (Weight) and assistant captains (Okposo and Streit) are all out injured.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 17, 2011 04:31PM

Josh '99
RatushnyFan
It may be temporary while the Islanders' captain (Weight) and assistant captains (Okposo and Streit) are all out injured.
Even if temporary it's pretty nice recognition for Matt.

Date: January 18, 2011 08:23AM

Rita
Matt Moulson assisted on all goals of Tavares's natural hat trick. I also noticed a big "A" on Matt's jersey. Is that new? I didn't know he had been named an assistant captain.
Not a scarlet letter, one hopes.

Date: January 18, 2011 11:32AM

billhoward
Rita
This is Cornell hockey, not football.

Sorry. whistle

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: January 18, 2011 08:49PM

Moulson seen as trade bait?

[www.thebruinsblog.net]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2011 07:18AM

Trotsky
billhoward
Rita
This is Cornell hockey, not football.

Too soon? That was 22 years ago! :-O

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 19, 2011 09:24AM

nr53

[www.thebruinsblog.net]
Oh god, not the Bruins. Please. Anybody else.

Unless he's a rental, we bang them for every prospect they have, and he's right back with us next October. In which case, let your Ryan Smyth freak flag fly.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 09:27AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 19, 2011 10:51AM

Bob McKenzie reported after those rumors started flying that the Islanders said they would like to sign him but they haven't begun negotiations yet.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:19PM

nr53

[www.thebruinsblog.net]

Blog makes Moulson almost sound like he lucked into making the Cornell team:

>>> Background: Moulson has been counted out everywhere he has gone. Often overlooked as a youth, he worked his way into a spot on the team at Cornell, where he skated for four years (and was a teammate of ex-Bruins forward Byron Bitz). He was team captain as a senior. In 2003, he was a ninth-round pick (there isn’t even a ninth round anymore) of Pittsburgh. In September 2006, he signed a free agent deal with LA and then left that organization for the Islanders in July 2009. Last season, in 82 games he scored 30 goals for New York. Through 44 games this season, he’s on only a slightly slower pace with 14 goals and 26 points.

Althought that is a good line about him being drafted in a round that no longer goes that low.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: January 19, 2011 05:29PM

Via ECAC site, Texas Stars player profile on Sawada.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2011 05:40AM

Again via ECAC, a very complete discussion on Ryan O'Byrne's hockey history from Mile High Hockey website.

Posted by: pfibiger (97.101.186.---)
Date: January 20, 2011 08:10AM

a long two-part interview with Ben Scrivens and the other Toronto AHL goalies.

Part 1:
[www.pensionplanpuppets.com]

Part 2:
[ingoalmag.com]

Ben Scrivens: "I started with Frankie in between my junior and senior year [at Cornell]. I went to a camp in Switzerland with him. The hockey world is a small world. What happened was my roommate in
college, his name was Justin Krueger and his dad is Ralph Krueger, who is now the assistant coach of the Edmonton Oilers and was formerly the had coach of the Swiss National Team, and he coached Jonas Hiller,
David Aebischer, and Martin Gerber, who are all some of Frankie's boys. So what happened is obviously I had heard a lot about Frankie, he's a guy you want to work with, and I was extremely fortunate that Ralph put in a good word for me and I was also fortunate that one of the guys who was supposed to be in - because the camp was already full - I think he got hurt or traded but for some reason a spot opened up a month before

"So I was able to head over there for a week and work with him and it was great. I soaked as much as I could up and took notes and stuff while I was there so I could come back and remember it at school and not midway through the season be like 'what did we learn that second day about wraparounds?' So I think that was huge to have that sort of technical refresher during the summer that I could help implement, especially during my senior year because I knew it was my last kick at it and I was going to have to have a good one to get any interest from
some NHL teams."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 20, 2011 12:16PM

For those who don't want to click through, "Frankie" = Francois Allaire, one of the best-known goaltending coaches in the world. Great guy for Scrivens to be able to work with.

Posted by: ftyuv (66.152.196.---)
Date: January 21, 2011 12:41PM

Trotsky
nr53

[www.thebruinsblog.net]
Oh god, not the Bruins. Please. Anybody else.

Unless he's a rental, we bang them for every prospect they have, and he's right back with us next October. In which case, let your Ryan Smyth freak flag fly.

Bruins, Bruins, bring him here! :D I miss Bitz.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2011 06:47AM

I will be totally psyched if Moulson comes to the Bruins. I was really bummed when Bitz left.

Barlow, McCutcheon, Moulson
Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: January 24, 2011 04:11PM

Evan Barlow rejoined the Idaho Steelheads on Dec. 31, and has 15 points (6g, 9a) in 13 games. Prior to that he was playing with Valerenga in Norway, where he had 22 points in 27 games and is still the team's 4th leading scorer.
Mark McCutcheon, a Steelhead teammate of Barlow last year. also started the season at Valerenga, but after 23 points in 16 games, moved to DEG Metro Stars (Dusseldorf) of the DEL. He's gotten 5 points in 19 games there.
And Matt Moulson had two goals last night in the Isles' 5-3 loss to Buffalo, where Mark's dad, Brian McCutcheon is Associate Head Coach.

Re: Barlow, McCutcheon, Moulson
Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: January 24, 2011 04:32PM

jkahn
Evan Barlow rejoined the Idaho Steelheads on Dec. 31, and has 15 points (6g, 9a) in 13 games. Prior to that he was playing with Valerenga in Norway, where he had 22 points in 27 games and is still the team's 4th leading scorer.
Mark McCutcheon, a Steelhead teammate of Barlow last year. also started the season at Valerenga, but after 23 points in 16 games, moved to DEG Metro Stars (Dusseldorf) of the DEL. He's gotten 5 points in 19 games there.
And Matt Moulson had two goals last night in the Isles' 5-3 loss to Buffalo, where Mark's dad, Brian McCutcheon is Associate Head Coach.

A new twist on the "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" game? **]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 05:18PM

Rita
jkahn

Kevin Bacon was in "A Few Good Men" with Demi Moore
Demi Moore was in "St. Elmo's Fire" with Emilio Estevez
Emilio Estevez was in "The Mighty Ducks" with Mike Modano
Mike Modano played on the Dallas Stars with Ray Sawada
Ray Sawada played on Cornell's team with Matt Moulson

Next?

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: January 24, 2011 05:51PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
jkahn

Next?

My Bacon number is 2. But my only contact with Matt was a brief conversation when he signed a program for Little Killer. Does that count?

Greening
Posted by: ebilmes (---.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net)
Date: January 24, 2011 09:56PM

Greening is likely to be called up soon.

[senators.nhl.com]

Posted by: amerks127 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2011 12:39AM

Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
jkahn

Next?

My Bacon number is 2. But my only contact with Matt was a brief conversation when he signed a program for Little Killer. Does that count?

Yes, but what is your Erdos–Bacon number?

Date: January 25, 2011 12:00PM

amerks127
Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
jkahn

Next?

My Bacon number is 3. My only papers are in chemical plant design, not math, so can I even have an Erdos number?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 25, 2011 12:48PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
My only papers are in chemical plant design, not math, so can I even have an Erdos number?

If this site is accurate [www.ams.org] I have an Erdos number of 5 via the chemical engineering department. My name does not come up but the faculty member I worked with does.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 01:04PM by nyc94.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.dsl2.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 25, 2011 01:02PM

Article about the Springfield Falcon's recent win, which mentions strong play by David LeNeveu: [mobile.masslive.com]

Date: January 26, 2011 08:19AM

nyc94
Jeff Hopkins '82
My only papers are in chemical plant design, not math, so can I even have an Erdos number?

If this site is accurate [www.ams.org] I have an Erdos number of 5 via the chemical engineering department. My name does not come up but the faculty member I worked with does.

I found one of my professors there, so it gave me an Erdos number of 8. The only person I actually co-authored a paper with isn't in there, but he's got over 40 publications, so it's likely I'd do better if I could somehow link him up to Erdos.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2011 08:55AM

nyc94
Jeff Hopkins '82

I have an Erdös number of 6 using the random collection of papers which I have written that are included. However, my thesis advisor is a 2 and I wrote four papers with him, so I am at worst a 3.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 26, 2011 01:33PM

ursusminor
nyc94
Jeff Hopkins '82

I have an Erdös number of 6 using the random collection of papers which I have written that are included. However, my thesis advisor is a 2 and I wrote four papers with him, so I am at worst a 3.

As far as I know, I'm a 4. Technically, everyone in the LIGO Scientific Collaboration is either a 3 or a 4, but I also get a 4 if you limit attention to papers with single-digit numbers of authors (as opposed to LSC papers with triple-digit author lists).

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 26, 2011 07:59PM

amerks127
Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
jkahn

Next?

Surprisingly, I can claim, tangentially, a Erdos-Bacon number of 7. I know 2 people with Bacon numbers of 2, so that might make mine 3. And I had a math professor with an Erdos number of 3, so maybe I can claim a 4. And bringing this back to hockey, it's the professor I referenced in this Oct. 9, 2003 post:
[elf.elynah.com]

Date: January 27, 2011 10:54AM

Deb Placey said yesterday that Garth Snow mentioned that he's focusing on an extension for Moulson........wants to get it done before he becomes a UFA. Moulson said after the game that he's looking forward to staying with the Islanders and really wants to be there. Wouldn't expect him to say anything different, but I think he means it.

Date: January 27, 2011 12:59PM

RatushnyFan
Deb Placey said yesterday that Garth Snow mentioned that he's focusing on an extension for Moulson........wants to get it done before he becomes a UFA. Moulson said after the game that he's looking forward to staying with the Islanders and really wants to be there. Wouldn't expect him to say anything different, but I think he means it.

It's not like they're going to be spending any money on Nabokov popcorn

Date: January 27, 2011 02:59PM

jkahn
amerks127
Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
jkahn

Next?

Surprisingly, I can claim, tangentially, a Erdos-Bacon number of 7. I know 2 people with Bacon numbers of 2, so that might make mine 3. And I had a math professor with an Erdos number of 3, so maybe I can claim a 4. And bringing this back to hockey, it's the professor I referenced in this Oct. 9, 2003 post:
[elf.elynah.com]
Just reduced my Erdos-Bacon number to 6 by trying a 2nd math professor. What does it say about my years at Cornell that I can remember all the Cornell hockey uniform numbers (and of course the players), but only two of the names of my math professors (and I was a math major)?

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.175.---)
Date: January 27, 2011 04:56PM

RatushnyFan

Several minutes ago, the Islanders announced a 3-year contract extension for Matt.

Edit: The three-year deal is worth $9,400,000, for a cap hit of $3,133,333.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 04:59PM by cbuckser.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: January 27, 2011 06:31PM

[www.tsn.ca]

here's the moulson link from tsn

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2011 08:32PM

cbuckser
RatushnyFan

Several minutes ago, the Islanders announced a 3-year contract extension for Matt.

Edit: The three-year deal is worth $9,400,000, for a cap hit of $3,133,333.
Poor Matt.

(I mean, in the "he's stuck playing for the Islanders" sense, not the financial sense obviously.)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2011 10:29PM

Josh '99
Lucky Matt.

(He gets to preside over the Islanders' climb to greatness.)

FYP

Date: January 28, 2011 07:54AM

Trotsky
Josh '99
Lucky Matt.

(He gets to preside over the Islanders' climb to greatness.)

FYP

It'll be one tough climb with all that Snow in the way. whistle

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2011 10:07AM

Article in The Syracuse Post-Standard about Scrivens and his 45 saves to beat the Crunch last night.

Greening getting called up by Sens
Posted by: ladybug8331 (---.scccinternet.com)
Date: January 31, 2011 12:59PM

Re: Greening getting called up by Sens
Posted by: CKinsland (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: January 31, 2011 01:26PM

Whew....I was getting worried about being able to see him play in Binghamton with the call-up rumors flying about. I made it down there on Saturday, luckily just under the wire.

I've never been to a non-college hockey game before. We (guest and kids) had a great time! Greening played solidly and earned an assist.

CK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login