Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Riley Nash (CAR)

Posted by ebilmes 
Riley Nash (CAR)
Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: June 07, 2010 11:02PM

Boston and Montreal may be interested in trading for Nash. Riley seems unlikely to end up with Edmonton. Note the point that whatever the Oilers receive for Nash would have to be more valuable than the 51st overall pick in the 2012 (they say 2011, but I assume it's 2012) draft, since that's what they'll receive if Nash doesn't sign with them by August 15, 2011.

[thepipelineshow.blogspot.com]

[lowetide.blogspot.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 11:37PM by ebilmes.

Re: Riley May Be Traded
Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 08, 2010 01:59AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Montreal trade right now and then they'll get Riley immediately if he's willing to sign? Why would Nash wait through next year if this trade is happening soon?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 08, 2010 07:47AM

Why would anyone trade for him before he is signed if he can just wait out and become a free agent if he plays his senior year?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 08, 2010 08:13AM

Jacob '06
Why would anyone trade for him before he is signed if he can just wait out and become a free agent if he plays his senior year?
If Edmonton gives the trade partner permission to talk to Nash, they could work out a deal contingent on his being traded.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: June 08, 2010 08:32AM

Jacob '06
Because Montreal wants exclusivity and Riley wants to make sure that he starts making money this year? Being a free agent doesn't mean he will get a better contract than what Montreal is willing to offer. The only reason he hasn't signed with the Oilers is because of his conflict with the organization and now he gets a shot at new team that his brother is on. It's a win-win for Nash if this trade goes through and he signs immediately.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: June 09, 2010 02:10PM

Isn't he more likely to get playing time on the Oilers? I'd go where I had a better shot of sticking with the NHL club versus spending time in the AHL. Or is everyone assuming that he starts at the AHL?

Playing with your brother is really nice, but not always practical at the NHL level until you've both accomplished a lot and have achieved free agency status............e.g. the Niedermayer brothers. All the Stahl brothers are on separate teams, much to the chagrin of their Mom I imagine.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 07:11PM

RatushnyFan
Isn't he more likely to get playing time on the Oilers? I'd go where I had a better shot of sticking with the NHL club versus spending time in the AHL. Or is everyone assuming that he starts at the AHL?

Playing with your brother is really nice, but not always practical at the NHL level until you've both accomplished a lot and have achieved free agency status............e.g. the Niedermayer brothers. All the Stahl brothers are on separate teams, much to the chagrin of their Mom I imagine.

I'd still rather play for a competent organization in a state not named Oklahoma. Also it's spelled Staal.

Posted by: jkahn (207.102.72.---)
Date: June 10, 2010 01:46AM

RatushnyFan
All the Stahl brothers are on separate teams, much to the chagrin of their Mom I imagine.
Not any more. Carolina acquired Jared Staal in a trade last month.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: June 11, 2010 03:35PM

More

[bleacherreport.com]

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2010 11:42PM

I would love to see him go to the Bruins. I was really bummed to see Bitz go, Anywhere would be better than Montreal, though. I already have to root against O'Byrne. I would hate to have to root against two Cornellians.

Posted by: Willy '06 (38.98.164.---)
Date: June 12, 2010 10:51AM

Normally an NHL team wouldn't be too upset with this, however Cornell isn't a really hockey power house, and the Oilers feel that its not helping his development to play in Cornell.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.eastfowl1.iit.edu)
Date: June 21, 2010 09:34PM

Riley Traded
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2010 01:26PM

Riley Nash's rights have been traded to Carolina for a 2nd round pick, 46th overall.

Posted by: KKJ (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 26, 2010 01:27PM

Riley Nash traded from the Edmonton Oilers to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for the Oilers 46th pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (Martin Marincin)

Date: June 26, 2010 02:24PM

Re: Riley Traded
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 26, 2010 06:13PM

jkahn
Riley Nash's rights have been traded to Carolina for a 2nd round pick, 46th overall.

"I just think he has a lot of the things that are tough to teach," said associate head coach and director of player personnel Ron Francis, whom [Carolina general manager Jim] Rutherford said had kept an eye on Nash.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 26, 2010 10:32PM

I wonder if the Canes make this deal without some idea that Riley is willing to leave Cornell.

Someone had to say it...

Date: June 26, 2010 10:59PM

Buying high and selling low(e)

[www.behindthenethockey.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2010 10:10AM

ugarte
I wonder if the Canes make this deal without some idea that Riley is willing to leave Cornell.

Someone had to say it...
I read it the other way: traded to a team willing to wait. But thanks for introducing doubt... cuss ;-)

Date: June 27, 2010 03:02PM

Some more quotes from the Canes management here:

[hurricanes.nhl.com]

Ronnie (Francis) had talked about Nash earlier in the year when he saw him play,” said Rutherford. “I had talked to Edmonton about moving him but they didn’t want to until today, so this is something we’re excited about. It gives us some more depth at center.”

“He’s a very good center with creativity,” said MacDonald. “He’s got very good skill and he can make things happen. This guy is a talented, creative kid with tools and a guy that can make plays for his wingers. We’re pretty excited to get him.”

The Canes are not sure whether Nash will return to Cornell for his senior season or turn pro with either the AHL’s Charlotte Checkers or the Hurricanes. While they’ll leave the ultimate decision to the player, the Canes would like to see him improve his game and his consistency by facing stiffer competition on a nightly basis.

”I sure think we’d like him to be playing pro as soon as possible, but that’s up to him and management to see if we can convince him to do that,” said MacDonald. “If he stayed at Cornell it wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen, but we think he’s ready to play.”

Date: June 28, 2010 01:33PM

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Lack+interest+Nash+departure/3210545/story.html

"I didn't want him getting into his senior year of school, then when it was over, deciding he didn't want to play for us ... then all we get is a compensatory pick, and that's No. 51 in 2012. By trading Riley now we get the 46th pick, five spots better," said GM Steve Tambellini, who denied a reported trade idea with the Bruins before the draft, allegedly for prospect Mikko Lehtonen.

"I don't think there's any secret that Riley wanted another opportunity with another organization and now he's got one," said chief scout Stu MacGregor.

"We determined to get the value for him, now, and not wait any longer."

"I think there was some frustration from Riley's standpoint in the development end of things (he never had a breakout season at Cornell). Maybe he wasn't comfortable with his numbers there, but we didn't get into that. His agent just told us we had too many centres. We were kind of surprised by that."

He's right with Gagner, Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule as young guys trying to make an impression, but it wasn't what Tambellini wanted to hear from the former BCJHL star. Tambellini won't say it, but when the kid didn't seem enthused by the idea that the Oilers were tearing things down and going young, that was another strike against him.

"Riley wants to play somewhere else. Fine. We feel we got real good value for him with Marancin," said MacGregor.

Date: July 01, 2010 10:59PM

This seems to hint that Riley wasn't crazy about playing in Oklahoma City, but maybe Albany would be a more attractive AHL team for him.

[oilersnation.com]

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 01, 2010 11:31PM

ebilmes
This seems to hint that Riley wasn't crazy about playing in Oklahoma City, but maybe Albany would be a more attractive AHL team for him.

[oilersnation.com]

Of course, he has no shot at playing for the Albany Devils next season unless he gets traded again.

Date: July 02, 2010 07:14AM

Ronald '09
ebilmes

[oilersnation.com]

Of course, he has no shot at playing for the Albany Devils next season unless he gets traded again.

It's only 750 miles from Albany to Charlotte, NC.

Date: July 02, 2010 11:12PM

Sounds like he'll decide to stay or leave after the Hurricanes camp.

[www.kamloopsnews.ca]

Date: July 11, 2010 11:00AM

Karmanos [Assistant GM] estimates that a handful of this year’s camp participants will be back at the team’s full training camp in the fall, with the exception of Kivisto and the college-committed players in Biega, Nash (unless he chooses to sign with the Canes and forego his senior season at Cornell) and Justin Faulk. Some, including Skinner, will also represent the Hurricanes at the Traverse City prospects tournament in September.

[hurricanes.nhl.com]

Nash
Posted by: ebilmes (---.northsouth2.iit.edu)
Date: July 12, 2010 11:36PM

Staal and Riley Nash come in with prospect camp experience and it showed as they were the two that really stood out during the four day camp.

[cardiaccane.com]

Also some comments and pictures about Nash here, and also some misinformation about his relation to Rick Nash.

Re: Riley Nash (CAR)
Posted by: amerks127 (---.inet6.dpw.com)
Date: July 15, 2010 03:32PM

More pressure to leave:

Hurricanes General Manager Jim Rutherford has said all along that he’ll give his young forwards every opportunity to make the team. That appears to be especially true with two of his most recent acquisitions: Jeff Skinner and Riley Nash.

Following the team’s recent conditioning camp, which served to pleasantly confirm previously-held beliefs about the group as a whole, Rutherford believes those two will have an excellent chance to be with the Hurricanes when they open the 2010-11 season in Helsinki.

”At the conditioning camp, you could see a special skill level in certain players,” said Rutherford. “Clearly, Skinner and Nash were guys that really stood out. It wouldn’t surprise me if both of these guys made our team.”

[hurricanes.nhl.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 01:07PM

As we anticipated, Riley signed an entry-level deal with the Hurricanes today.

Posted by: pfibiger (97.101.186.---)
Date: July 19, 2010 01:32PM

cbuckser

3 years out of a first round draft pick. That's pretty unusual for a college hockey team these days. I highly doubt Louis Leblanc stays through his junior year at Harvard. I'm very pleased with what Riley brought to Cornell hockey and wish him luck in his future as a professional hockey player.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: July 19, 2010 01:57PM

Bummer. I was wondering when the decision would be made; I had a sense of getting such news when I checked ELF over the weekend.

If he makes the big club, I'll buy his Hurricane jersey for my nephew.

Date: July 19, 2010 02:14PM

He is really talented, will enjoy him in another red and white jersey next year while missing his presence at Cornell. Thank you Riley and best of luck at Carolina. Don't spend all of that $262,500 bonus and here's hoping you make the big club.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: July 19, 2010 02:20PM

Sucks for us, but I wish Riley nothing but success.

Now, how about that rebuilding year ahead? ;-)

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 02:43PM

Riley deserves all these accolades. Although it isn't apparent from the statistics, Riley became a more complete, well-rounded player during the course of his three years at Cornell. He and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for that.

As a tweeted to a few people over the last week, I think he'll be a better player in the NHL than in the NCAA. He's a playmaker who will benefit from being flanked by NHL-quality wingers at all times.

Jason Karmanos (Harvard '97) said that Riley will have a chance to make the team out of training camp. It wouldn't surprise me if Riley does. I would be surprised, however, if Riley doesn't make his NHL debut next season.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 03:07PM

Kyle Rose

In all seriousness, I still expect us to be solid contenders to finish first in the regular season this next year. While it will certainly be a rebuilding year for the offense, we return eight regular skaters (Devin, Kennedy, Jillson, Roeszler, Collins, Esposito, Miller, Nicholls) and have added some bruisers (DeSwardt = Bâby?, Bitz?; Craig = same?) and a scorer (Mowrey = Gallagher, according to Schafer). (Side question: What happened to Miller at the end of last season? No playoffs for him.) I hope that Kary sees some more playing time, and Moulson, in his rare appearances, looked solid. So, by my count, we have 8-9 solid skaters, assuming only one of Kary/Moulson pans out, and room for three new guys. One wonders if Kevin Cole will suddenly "decide" to join this group. One also wonders if we might see a defenseman converted to a forward. (Whitney, Whitney, Whitney... please!!!) All we need is for Devin and Kennedy to step up and play like seniors, Roeszler to pull off an Iggulden, and for Jillson, Esposito, and especially Collins to continue developing. I see two solid lines, one iffy line, and an energy line—which has all worked just fine in the past.

Defensively, at least to my eyes, we look extremely sound. There's only one opening, and surely one of the two freshmen will step in nicely. If both pan out, I would expect to see Whitney moved forward, as I suggested above.

Weakness in goal? Pshaw. I'll believe it when I see it. Goaltender U, baby.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2010 04:32PM

Scersk '97
Kyle Rose

In all seriousness, I still expect us to be solid contenders to finish first in the regular season this next year. While it will certainly be a rebuilding year for the offense, we return eight regular skaters (Devin, Kennedy, Jillson, Roeszler, Collins, Esposito, Miller, Nicholls) and have added some bruisers (DeSwardt = Bâby?, Bitz?; Craig = same?) and a scorer (Mowrey = Gallagher, according to Schafer).

Definitely. Although we lost some greats, the returning offensive players seem very promising as well. The seniors, Devin, Roeszler, and Kennedy, are all great playmakers, and Nicholls will be a key part of the offensive strategy as well. Jillson and Collins are also returning, and I see potential for either to top the team in goals or points.

Interesting to find out who will be starting goalie next year - Garman's performance at Princeton last season was above my expectations, but he looked like Scrivens in the early years, where there was a lot of movement outside the crease. (That's what I remember, I might be wrong because I missed most of the third quarter) I wonder if Isles is up to the test, won't be surprised if he was called to start some of the weaker opponents.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: July 19, 2010 04:34PM

Scersk '97
Kyle Rose

In all seriousness, I still expect us to be solid contenders to finish first in the regular season this next year. While it will certainly be a rebuilding year for the offense, we return eight regular skaters (Devin, Kennedy, Jillson, Roeszler, Collins, Esposito, Miller, Nicholls) and have added some bruisers (DeSwardt = Bâby?, Bitz?; Craig = same?) and a scorer (Mowrey = Gallagher, according to Schafer). (Side question: What happened to Miller at the end of last season? No playoffs for him.) I hope that Kary sees some more playing time, and Moulson, in his rare appearances, looked solid. So, by my count, we have 8-9 solid skaters, assuming only one of Kary/Moulson pans out, and room for three new guys. One wonders if Kevin Cole will suddenly "decide" to join this group. One also wonders if we might see a defenseman converted to a forward. (Whitney, Whitney, Whitney... please!!!) All we need is for Devin and Kennedy to step up and play like seniors, Roeszler to pull off an Iggulden, and for Jillson, Esposito, and especially Collins to continue developing. I see two solid lines, one iffy line, and an energy line—which has all worked just fine in the past.

Defensively, at least to my eyes, we look extremely sound. There's only one opening, and surely one of the two freshmen will step in nicely. If both pan out, I would expect to see Whitney moved forward, as I suggested above.

So we have an offense with a number of "could be, should be, better be", players; a defense who lost two excellent players, and no one in goal that we know we can rely upon. And with all that we are solid contenders to finish first? If that's what makes up a first place team, I'd hate to see what the rest of the teams are like. Realistically to consider us anything more than rebuilding, and hope for a top 4 finish, is the most I can go.

Date: July 19, 2010 04:53PM

Jim Hyla
Scersk '97
Kyle Rose

So we have an offense with a number of "could be, should be, better be", players; a defense who lost two excellent players, and no one in goal that we know we can rely upon. And with all that we are solid contenders to finish first? If that's what makes up a first place team, I'd hate to see what the rest of the teams are like. Realistically to consider us anything more than rebuilding, and hope for a top 4 finish, is the most I can go.

I guess it'll probably another season of relative mediocrity.;-)

In all seriousness, I'm looking to Sean Collins as the forward [Cornell desperately needs] to break out next season. With Gallagher and R. Nash gone, he'll likely be the first line center at the onset with Devin and Kennedy on the wings.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 06:19PM

ajh258
Interesting to find out who will be starting goalie next year - Garman's performance at Princeton last season was above my expectations, but he looked like Scrivens in the early years, where there was a lot of movement outside the crease. (That's what I remember, I might be wrong because I missed most of the third quarter) I wonder if Isles is up to the test, won't be surprised if he was called to start some of the weaker opponents.
The third "quarter"? :-P

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 19, 2010 07:25PM

Jim Hyla
Realistically to consider us anything more than rebuilding, and hope for a top 4 finish, is the most I can go.

I'd be pretty happy finishing in the top 4: get a bye, hold serve at Lynah, then roll the dice in PlacidAlbanyAtlantic City.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2010 07:51PM

I have little doubt we'll be respectable, but hard to see us finding enough scoring to be among the top teams in the ECAC. Then again, everybody thought lax would take a step back last year, and they exceeded all expectations. Maybe being a bit under the radar will be a good thing.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: July 19, 2010 10:24PM

amerks127
In all seriousness, I'm looking to Sean Collins as the forward [Cornell desperately needs] to break out next season. With Gallagher and R. Nash gone, he'll likely be the first line center at the onset with Devin and Kennedy on the wings.

I agree on Collins. He has great potential to be a breakout scorer, and, as you note, we're very thin down the middle with Nash's departure. For that same reason, I would tap Roeszler, who has also played some center, as the other player we need to be extra solid.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2010 09:36AM

jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
Realistically to consider us anything more than rebuilding, and hope for a top 4 finish, is the most I can go.

I'd be pretty happy finishing in the top 4: get a bye, hold serve at Lynah, then roll the dice in PlacidAlbanyAtlantic City.

I can't see them having more than an "anything's possible" shot at the top 4 in 2011. With Nash returning they looked like a .500 team. Now, 8th or lower is far more likely.

Being in this position is going to be a totally new experience for a lot of younger fans. It's not a disaster and it won't last forever, but after winning for so long it's natural to feel entitled. The reaction to losing is not going to be pretty, but hopefully it will be driven by disappointment and frustration more than panic.

So when they go 9-11-2, please don't gorge out. After all, they've already clinched the playoffs. ;-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2010 10:43AM

Trotsky
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla

I can't see them having more than an "anything's possible" shot at the top 4 in 2011. With Nash returning they looked like a .500 team. Now, 8th or lower is far more likely.

Being in this position is going to be a totally new experience for a lot of younger fans. It's not a disaster and it won't last forever, but after winning for so long it's natural to feel entitled. The reaction to losing is not going to be pretty, but hopefully it will be driven by disappointment and frustration more than panic.

So when they go 9-11-2, please don't gorge out. After all, they've already clinched the playoffs. ;-)

So you're saying think 1998, not 1996 (or 2004). At least 1998 featured the Sack of Troy.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: July 20, 2010 11:52PM

"Cornell hockey prepares for life without Riley"

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: July 21, 2010 07:41AM

amerks127
"Cornell hockey prepares for life without Riley"

[www.theithacajournal.com]
One interesting point is who will be the captains?

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: July 22, 2010 10:10PM

Offseason multi-sport poll question:

Who would you most like to see coming back to the hill next season:
a) R. Nash
b) Donahue
c) Tambroni

Posted by: munchkin (---.sctnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 23, 2010 10:16AM

Roy 82

a) R. Nash
b) Donahue
c) Tambroni
Tambroni

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 23, 2010 10:52AM

munchkin
Roy 82

a) R. Nash
b) Donahue
c) Tambroni
Tambroni
This.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 23, 2010 11:54AM

munchkin
Roy 82

a) R. Nash
b) Donahue
c) Tambroni
Tambroni

Agreed. A vs C comes down to instant gratification versus longterm satisfaction. B isn't even on the radar.

Date: July 23, 2010 01:06PM

Roy 82
Carl Stephenson

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: July 24, 2010 02:24AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
munchkin
Roy 82

a) R. Nash
b) Donahue
c) Tambroni
Tambroni

Agreed. A vs C comes down to instant gratification versus longterm satisfaction. B isn't even on the radar.

With the exception of reanimating the dead (I had to look up Carl Stephenson), don't let reality affect your choice.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (64.134.66.---)
Date: July 24, 2010 11:34AM

Roy 82

With the exception of reanimating the dead (I had to look up Carl Stephenson), don't let reality affect your choice.
I took Jeff's statement as implying that basketball isn't anywhere near as important as the other two sports, a judgment with which I heartily agree.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 24, 2010 05:14PM

Josh '99
ajh258
The third "quarter"? :-P
AHHH major fail for me. I was typing on my blackberry during the commute home, wasn't paying attention.

Date: July 26, 2010 08:12AM

Kyle Rose
Roy 82

I took Jeff's statement as implying that basketball isn't anywhere near as important as the other two sports, a judgment with which I heartily agree.

Yep, that's what I meant.

And I also had to look up Carl Stephenson. Wikipedia had 3 choices. I assume we're talking about the ex Cornell history Professor.

Date: July 26, 2010 08:27AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
I assume we're talking about the ex Cornell history Professor.
Yes.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: July 28, 2010 03:06PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla

So you're saying think 1998, not 1996 (or 2004). At least 1998 featured the Sack of Troy.

2004 never happened, that's an urban legend.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: July 28, 2010 04:08PM

French Rage
2004 never happened, that's an urban legend.
2004 happened. It was just truncated by that unforeseen Zamboni operators strike at midnight on March 12th.

Date: July 30, 2010 11:11PM

pfibiger
cbuckser

3 years out of a first round draft pick. That's pretty unusual for a college hockey team these days. I highly doubt Louis Leblanc stays through his junior year at Harvard. I'm very pleased with what Riley brought to Cornell hockey and wish him luck in his future as a professional hockey player.

Speaking of which, the Montreal Canadiens signed Louis Leblanc to a three-year contract.

Date: July 31, 2010 10:09AM

Perhaps the pressure to obtain passing grades was just too much to handle. burnout

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 01:03PM

Although it does look like somebody with a quasi-Cornell connection will end up in Edmonton.

[www.edmontonjournal.com]

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2010 04:35PM

mnagowski
Although it does look like somebody with a quasi-Cornell connection will end up in Edmonton.

[www.edmontonjournal.com]

A mention of Justin at the end.

Krueger's son Justin, who was born in Duesseldorf, and went to Cornell University to study hotel management, was on the German blue-line in the 2010 world championship.

He has a contract offer from Carolina, but decided with his agent, Don Baizley, that it was best for Justin to play one year in Europe before he tried the NHL.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 01, 2010 04:41PM

amerks127
pfibiger
cbuckser

Speaking of which, the Montreal Canadiens signed Louis Leblanc to a three-year contract.

And with that comes a new thread on the USCHO forums: HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning. They went from "The Future Is Bright" to "The Future is Bright(er) to this. I'm hoping 2011-2012 is "It Can't Possibly Get Any Worse".

Date: August 02, 2010 12:05PM

nyc94
amerks127
pfibiger
cbuckser

And with that comes a new thread on the USCHO forums: HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning. They went from "The Future Is Bright" to "The Future is Bright(er) to this. I'm hoping 2011-2012 is "It Can't Possibly Get Any Worse".

HARVARD CRIMSON - Part IV - Attack of the Clowns

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login