Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Juggernaut Shirts

Posted by munchkin 
Page:  1 23Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Juggernaut Shirts
Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:44PM

So, it's clear we all really like the Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Juggernaut aspect of the team. And we all like wearing Cornell gear. Brian Sullivan has given us the ok to run with this as a shirt design provided we give him one. The design is linked below: make comments, edit it and post your version. I plan on wearing one of these shirts at the Frozen Four, and hope to see many others in them, too.

PSP will be producing the shirts. The design has been finalized, they will be sold at the Cornell Store and online. Attached are the front and back of the shirt. Happy shopping, and I can't wait to see everyone wearing these shirts with pride in Albany and Detroit. LET'S GO RED!

Have at it: Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Shirts Now Available
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 09:59AM by munchkin.

Re: Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Juggernaut Shirts
Posted by: hockeychick470 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:46PM

OMG! I LOVE THE DESIGN!! ITS ALMOST LIKE I MADE IT!!! hahah... very excited about these shirts... while i don't like giving Mr. Sullivan much credit, i suppose he deserves it just this once :)

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:50PM

I think we need some teeth/fangs on the big C of the Cornell. Unfortunately, I'm not really a graphics person so I can see it in my head but not sure if I can really put it into image form.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 10:52PM

Awesome!!! I will get three, because I know two friends who will each want one.

Date: March 21, 2010 10:54PM

I'm trying to find an evil looking cartoonish bear to add to the back, making the C a little smaller and putting the demon bear between the Cornell Hockey and the quote.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:04PM

another design Munchkin and I have worked toward with a few suggestions...

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:06PM

Can always go with the Bear C logo... Also not wild about the "hockey" on front AND back... But, overall I love it. I will be getting one once the design is finalized.

Edit: Shouldn't we add the comma? No sense ignoring grammar. We are Ivy after all
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 11:08PM by Flyers1037.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:07PM

sitting back looking at it, i don't think we need the "Cornell Hockey" on the back

Posted by: Brian Sullivan (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:07PM

I'm sincerely honored that I've been able to coin something with some staying power! So long as I get a copy of the shirt at some point, I say go nuts with the design. So long as you don't twist the words too much - and find some way of attributing USCHO, if not myself - that's all I care about. I really look forward to (hopefully) seeing some of these in Albany or, with any luck, Detroit!

Date: March 21, 2010 11:08PM

Date: March 21, 2010 11:09PM

hockeychick470
sitting back looking at it, i don't think we need the "Cornell Hockey" on the back
Might that be copyright/trademark infringement? Just a thought ... "Big Red Hockey" is not, to the best of my knowledge, a defensibly unique phrase.

Posted by: hugel (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:11PM

hockeychick470
another design Munchkin and I have worked toward with a few suggestions...

the bear in this design is pretty sweet. what about just ditching the squiggly C and the Cornell Hockey and just blowing that bear up a little bigger

Date: March 21, 2010 11:12PM

Date: March 21, 2010 11:14PM

Flyers1037

Is the bear holding a dagger? upto

Yes, the bear is holding a dagger.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:14PM

I like the bear from design #2 and the "C" from #1.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:16PM

Done and done. See what you think about this. The demon bear is bigger, and the C is removed entirely. I also added the comma to make it grammatically correct.
Evil Dream-Crushing, Soul Devouring Juggernaut Bear
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 11:20PM by munchkin.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:21PM

Rita- the issue with using the bear from #2 and the "C" from #1 is that the C is too wide and there is not enough space inside it for the bear

Date: March 21, 2010 11:21PM

I would like to see the first bear with the hockey stick inside a "C" sized like that picture but with the font of other design.

Regardless of which exact version you choose, I like the "C" with a bear inside.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:23PM

I think I agree with Rita, but I wasn't sure if we were talking about the same ones. If that is the case, then your answer would apply to me as well. Is there a similarly-sized "C" without the wavy font that would work?

I do like the hockey bear much better.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:25PM

agreed on the hockey bear

Date: March 21, 2010 11:30PM

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:34PM

I like the Hockey bear w/o the C, but would will get either one.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:36PM

This combines the aspects requested: the hockey bear inside a C.
Bear in a C

Date: March 21, 2010 11:40PM

What about something more along the lines of the bear leaning on the C logo (or some other location) rather than being inside the C? As is, I like it without the C but like the concept of having the C in there somewhere.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:41PM

hugel

What about something more along the lines of the bear leaning on the C logo (or some other location) rather than being inside the C? As is, I like it without the C but like the concept of having the C in there somewhere.

Are we allowed to use official Cornell logos on something that's not licensed? That's why we've been using alternatives to the Bear in the C or the bear leaning on the C

Date: March 21, 2010 11:41PM

The "C" makes the bear pretty small. If it isn't going to fit well, I guess I like the bear without the "C".

If the "C" can be sized inbetween these last two examples, I think it frames the bear nicely.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:43PM

if we could make a the typical bear hanging out the "C" with a hockey stick in his hand and kind of rabid looking, that'd be kind of cool, but thats outside anything i could do.... anyone good at designing?

Date: March 21, 2010 11:43PM

munchkin
hugel

Are we allowed to use official Cornell logos on something that's not licensed? That's why we've been using alternatives to the Bear in the C or the bear leaning on the C

I meant reposition the hockey bear in the previous examples. I have no idea about using official things but I'm gonna guess no.

I also definitely think a block letter C looks the best but it just doesn't seem to be working with that hockey bear in the middle of it

Date: March 21, 2010 11:48PM

cth95
The "C" makes the bear pretty small. If it isn't going to fit well, I guess I like the bear without the "C".

If the "C" can be sized inbetween these last two examples, I think it frames the bear nicely.

Definitely stick with a block C, though I haven't found something that works well in customink for that... Maybe an art version of a C that's a wider letter.

Also, did anyone see that clipart in customink of the bear face and the claw coming out at you? that would work well for a devouring bear...

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2010 11:57PM

OK, the quote. It's not actually the quote, which was:

"The Big Red are the dream-crushers, they play in games that end streaks and crush passion. They are the soul-devouring juggernauts of the league, because they are so systematically thorough in every aspect of the game that they will completely suck every ounce of energy out of your lineup. It's not a flaw or a criticism — it's a very, very powerful attribute, and nobody does it like Cornell."
  • Do we have to have "Brian Sullivan, USCHO" on it? It's a great turn of phrase, but posterity won't care who penned it. (He's already getting a free shirt out of the deal, which is surely more than USCHO pays him.)
  • Putting it in quotes when it's such a modified quote bugs my interior editor.
  • Juggernauts? I would prefer the singular.
I would go with "[The/A] Dream-Crushing, Soul-Devouring Juggernaut," four lines, all centered, no quotation marks.

What's more:
  • Dagger-wielding bear is infinitely better than the other bear. Isn't the point, after all, that we are the team that kills hope? How does a steroidal bear with a stick convey this? He conveys that we like ugly, 90s-style team logos.
  • Putting the bear in a C gets too messy and makes the bear too small. One graphic per side, and big enough to figure out what it is.
Otherwise, I hope, hope, to have good reason to wear this in Detroit.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 11:59PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.wireless.ubc.ca)
Date: March 22, 2010 12:01AM

munchkin
Done and done. See what you think about this. The demon bear is bigger, and the C is removed entirely. I also added the comma to make it grammatically correct.
Looks like we've moved past this one, but it's definitely my favorite. From a distance it looks like the bear is destroying Tokyo.

Is it a quote? I'm not about to make this a legal matter of course - I am, as they say, just honored to be here - but the phrase was undeniably my creation. For the record, USCHO does pay me. Not much, of course, but I am compensated for my work ... and yes, my paycheck is worth more than a t-shirt. It would cover at least two, I think. ;)

For whatever it may ultimately be worth, I'd prefer/request some sort of attribution to the phrase, whether it be myself or USCHO. I don't care if it's in 0.2-size font that flakes off at the first sign of humidity; it's a matter of principle and it's about what's right.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 12:02AM by Brian Sullivan.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)

munchkin
Flyers1037

Is the bear holding a dagger? upto

Yes, the bear is holding a dagger.
Because, you know, just because we devour souls, doesn't mean we don't cut them up into bite-sized pieces first.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:03AM

So this takes away the hockey stick from the bear and makes it just a bear head, but it's a bear that looks maniacal. It also incorporates some of Skersk's ideas.

And another iteration

Date: March 22, 2010 12:06AM

I still like the hockey bear. It looks meaner and less Japanese cartoonish to me.

If we use a "C", I agree with flyers1037 that we should use a block "C".

Date: March 22, 2010 12:07AM

cth95
I still like the hockey bear. It looks meaner and less Japanese cartoonish to me.

If we use a "C", I agree with flyers1037 that we should use a block "C".

definitely agree with all of this

Date: March 22, 2010 12:14AM

This is a totally different one, graphics on the front, writing on the back. Hockey bear can be substituted, he fits in this C.

Bear on Front

Date: March 22, 2010 12:15AM

I actually like having only the graphics on the back, but I would keep the original front.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:26AM

He wants his attribution; he gets his attribution! (And, yeah, the big "the" is cool.)

Demon Bear! Demon Bear! Demon Bear!

Date: March 22, 2010 12:26AM

cth95
I actually like having only the graphics on the back, but I would keep the original front.

I was just experimenting. Although at some point, Hockeychick470 and I might decide on a final version and present to all of you as "The One".

The one that's here uses the same front (although I changed the font to match the back font). Has the Hockey bear in a C, and uses Skersk's tweaking of the phrase. It still attributes Brian because 1) He came up with it, and 2) He's a friend and I think he should get the credit even if he is getting a shirt out of the deal.

Last one for tonight.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:32AM

munchkin
Has the Hockey bear in a C, and uses Skersk's tweaking of the phrase.

Scersk, as in Scott; not Skersk, as in sketchy, however appropriate that might be.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:34AM

Scersk '97
munchkin

Scersk, as in Scott; not Skersk, as in sketchy, however appropriate that might be.

Apologies, and I know it's Scott, I was sitting next to you last night in the bar for a while.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:35AM

munchkin
cth95

I was just experimenting. Although at some point, Hockeychick470 and I might decide on a final version and present to all of you as "The One".

The one that's here uses the same front (although I changed the font to match the back font). Has the Hockey bear in a C, and uses Skersk's tweaking of the phrase. It still attributes Brian because 1) He came up with it, and 2) He's a friend and I think he should get the credit even if he is getting a shirt out of the deal.

Last one for tonight.

That looks cool. I'd buy it.

By the way, thanks for putting your time and effort into this.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:38AM

munchkin
Scersk '97
munchkin

Apologies, and I know it's Scott, I was sitting next to you last night in the bar for a while.

And you know I know you know! It was nice meeting you.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: March 22, 2010 12:41AM

Pretty good design. Critiques: The front side looks like a generic tshirt you can pick up at the Cornell store or Bear Necessities in Collegetown. The bear on the back really looks more like a tiger. I know it's hard to find good graphics, but keep trying!

Date: March 22, 2010 12:46AM

just so everyone knows, we think we're more or less going to go with the last shirt, although we're going to talk to the people were they're gonna be printed and see if they can distort one a "C" in a font more similar to the rest of the shirt to accommodate the bear in the middle of it ;)

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 12:47AM

imafrshmn
Pretty good design. Critiques: The front side looks like a generic tshirt you can pick up at the Cornell store or Bear Necessities in Collegetown. The bear on the back really looks more like a tiger. I know it's hard to find good graphics, but keep trying!

I'm working on a ferocious bear design via photoshop right now. It's based off a real bear picture but I'm merely using it as a model so we don't have to worry about copyright. I'll upload it as soon as I'm done.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:48AM

imafrshmn

That's why I'd had the Demon Bear in there before, even though he doesn't hold a hockey stick, he's clearly a bear and is soul-devouring. There are hockey playing bear graphics out there, but the bears look too sweet and cuddly.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:48AM

ajh258
imafrshmn

I'm working on a ferocious bear design via photoshop right now. It's based off a real bear picture but I'm merely using it as a model so we don't have to worry about copyright. I'll upload it as soon as I'm done.

YOU ARE AWESOME!

Date: March 22, 2010 12:53AM

I concur.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:56AM

This is the bear i'm working off of. This might take a while because I'm working with a crappy mouse on my laptop but I'll get it done.

Date: March 22, 2010 01:02AM

sweet

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 01:08AM

So is this at a point where we can order it? Also the first one says we have to order 6, will the minimum order amount stay?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 22, 2010 01:24AM

So we won't be ordering through CustomInk; that's just for designing. I'll be putting together the order, and I'll either use PSP and have someone in Ithaca pick up the shirts, or use a place local to me in Boston. Shirts will need to be prepaid through paypal since I can't front that much. Once we have the final design picked, I'll post more details. If someone who has a higher credit limit than I wants to front the costs, they are more than welcome to step forward and do so, I would still organize the spreadsheet of people and sizes.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 01:49AM

For the record, I'd vastly prefer if the colors were inverted (red design on grey or white shirt). I've never liked red shirts.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2010 01:54AM

Lauren '06
munchkin
Looks like we've moved past this one, but it's definitely my favorite. From a distance it looks like the bear is destroying Tokyo.

I'm with Lauren. I like the Tokyo-devouring bear.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 22, 2010 01:56AM

I really like the bear photograph.

I would prefer to keep the red. There are more than enough gray and white T-shirts out there. If I am wearing Cornell gear, I want it to be red. Besides, it really stands out at a game when almost everyone is in red.

Date: March 22, 2010 01:58AM

munchkin
So we won't be ordering through CustomInk; that's just for designing. I'll be putting together the order, and I'll either use PSP and have someone in Ithaca pick up the shirts, or use a place local to me in Boston. Shirts will need to be prepaid through paypal since I can't front that much. Once we have the final design picked, I'll post more details. If someone who has a higher credit limit than I wants to front the costs, they are more than welcome to step forward and do so, I would still organize the spreadsheet of people and sizes.

Do we gotta be on campus or can we get them all the way out here in CA?

Date: March 22, 2010 02:01AM

This is what I have so far. I need to go to bed soon, but it's a star off point.

Note: this is not finished, so if you have suggestions let me know.

Date: March 22, 2010 02:08AM

ajh258
This is what I have so far. I need to go to bed soon, but it's a star off point.

Don't know if you were planning on it or not, but retaining some scruffiness would be nice.

Date: March 22, 2010 02:09AM

imafrshmn
ajh258

Don't know if you were planning on it or not, but retaining some scruffiness would be nice.

I didn't want to just lasso the bear and then put in red... that's kinda copyright infringement but I'll see what I can do.

Posted by: ben03 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 02:39AM

possibly something like the attached?

Date: March 22, 2010 02:47AM

Now THAT'S what I call a bear!

Date: March 22, 2010 02:50AM

ben03

That looks good. How about "Beware of" above the bear and then the quote below as you have itwithout the "Big Red" part? If we already have "Big Red Hockey" on the front, I think that would go better.

"Beware of"
"The soul devouring, dream crushing juggernaut" minus the "Big Red" part.

I think this would work with the hockey bear and no "C" in the earlier posts as well.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 02:52AM by cth95.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 04:10AM

I have nothing to contribute other than to voice my desire to own one :-)

Date: March 22, 2010 08:08AM

To answer some of the questions: you do not have to be in Ithaca. Case in point: I'm in Boston, and Hockeychick470 is in Virgina. Once I figure out numbers, shirt costs, etc, and set up the paypal stuff, I'll let you know shipping costs. It'll probably be $4.95 with the USPS flat rate small box, only one shirt would fit in each of those boxes (I think). I'll also figure out if the soft envelopes are cheaper since shirts don't weight very much. This means if you're a Big Red supporter in California, you can get people know that Cornell hockey crushes dreams and devours souls.

The shirts will be red. If we're going to wear these to games, they're going to be red, and I have tons of gray and white shirts from other stuff.

The word Evil is not part of the quote, but I'm in favor of scrapping the C once ajh258 finishes it and putting beware on top of the bear head with the rest of the phrase under it. I'll play with designs once the bear head is done.

That's all for now.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:17AM

munchkin
You gals, (why is it that guys can be generic, but it doesn't seem the same for gals? Just kidding, sort of; I don't want to take over this thread, the shirt is too important to do that.) are awesome. If you really need someone to front this, I'll do it. Just let me know, PM me or call work 315-422-0379. But you'll have to wait for me to call back.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:23AM

ajh258

This is the bear i'm working off of. This might take a while because I'm working with a crappy mouse on my laptop but I'll get it done.
Doesn't this guy go to Brown?

Posted by: KenP (---.ssmcnet.noaa.gov)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:24AM

Munchkin -- since you seem to be the leader for this, can you please edit the first post and (1) make sure the link is the latest one and (2) let others know it is the latest / final link? Thanks!

Date: March 22, 2010 08:55AM

Most Recent

This is with the bear that ajh258 has been working on. Right now, with just the lines, it's ok on the shirt, but (s)he says it's not done, so we'll wait to see what the final version looks like.

The very top message in the thread will also contain the most recent design, I changed the link up there, and will edit it as necessary.

There is now an order form in the top message as well. Fill it out, and I'll let you know how much you owe once that is determined.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 09:22AM by munchkin.

Date: March 22, 2010 09:28AM

I did some more digging last night and found a better bear.

As long as we don't make more than 500,000 prints, I think we can use the bear royalty-free.

I'm attaching the image and here is the altered design on CustomInk

Btw, I'm a "he"
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 09:29AM by ajh258.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 22, 2010 09:32AM

ajh258

As long as we don't make more than 500,000 prints, I think we can use the bear royalty-free.

Btw, I'm a "he"

I like this bear better. This kind of feels like an eye exam: Bear #1 or Bear #2? C #1 or C #2? **]. Thanks to the creative design team for putting this together and making it happen. You all Rock! rock

Posted by: PSPJeff (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 09:36AM

Munchkin.....love your enthusiasm. Been having lots of discussions about quote all through the weekend, but not an eLynah guy till now. We should talk.....Jeff at PSP Two new ECAC Champs logos will be coming out through the Cornell Store and online from them starting tomorrow.

Date: March 22, 2010 09:37AM

Rita
ajh258

Btw, I'm a "he"

I like this bear better. This kind of feels like an eye exam: Bear #1 or Bear #2? C #1 or C #2? **]. Thanks to the creative design team for putting this together and making it happen. You all Rock! rock

I don't. Dagger-wielding bear was best, but face-on "new" bear is also great. Pretty fierce, I would say. Almost the kind of logo that, say, Athletics should go with instead of Huggy Bear. Steroidal bears = suck.

Just be clear, I like design "openmouth."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 09:41AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 09:50AM

munchkin

Here is a link to Cornell's policy for the use of Cornell's name, logos, trademarks and insignias.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 09:57AM

ben03

I like the bear photo too but it may be difficult to do on a shirt.

Date: March 22, 2010 10:03AM

Ok, so we'll be using the Cornell Bear hugging the C holding a hockey stick. I've been talking to PSP since they print a lot of merchandise for the Cornell store, and they will be making this, rather than me putting together an order. Apparently the hockey players families saw this and were also interested right away.

The shirt design will be the Big Red Hockey on the front and on the back BEWARE OF with the bear under that and THE DREAM-CRUSHING, SOUL-DEVOURING JUGGERNAUT under Huggy Bear with hockey stick.

Date: March 22, 2010 10:04AM

I used to work for a company that designed typefaces and I think it is very difficult to patent/copyright a letterform. That being said I think the back should be simple. A big very nasty, nightmarish bear and the quote. Big is better than wordy.

Scrivens quote by the way is superior but belongs in the locker room. Kind of like DiMaggio's quote.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:08AM

First and most importantly I really want to thank Munchkin and Hockeychick for running with this, and everyone else who is now involved. This is just one of those things that makes ELynah and Cornell Hockey fans so great.

The only comment I'll make on the design is that I think the addition of "Beware Of" above the quote really weakens things. For starters, without that you've got one statement that starts on the front, and is finished on the back: "Big Red Hockey: The dream-crushing, soul-devouring..." (I'm not suggesting adding the colon--just saying it reads that way, as one statement. Adding the "Beware of" stops it from being one statement, which I think weakens the message.

Also, although as someone else pointed out, not a true quote, the words "dream-crushing..." were all part of what was written. "Beware of" wasn't. It also seems kind of cheesy.

I don't know if I am expressing myself well, but I like the designs much better without the "Beaware of." That being said, I'll be buying several no matter what the designers decide. Thanks again, very very much, for undertaking this project!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 10:17AM by andyw2100.

Posted by: DL (124.95.37.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:16AM

FWIW, I care very much who originally said what and to that end would like to keep things closer to the original by nixing the "beware" and going with

"...the dream-crushers,

<BEAR>

...the soul-devouring juggernauts
of the league." -Brian Sullivan, USCHO

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:25AM

ajh258

Btw, I'm a "he"

awesome.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:27AM

The Rancor
ajh258

Btw, I'm a "he"

awesome.

I would get rid of the "Beware of", but otherwise I think this looks awesome. I'm in for at least 4.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:29AM

My vote is for the simple, stark quote, no illustration, no extra words. The quote is perfect, the rest is clutter (IMHO of course).

Posted by: dag14 (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:46AM

I agree with Trotsky

Date: March 22, 2010 10:50AM

I'll be talking to Jeff later today when he sends me the proof, it'll be going into production tomorrow or Wednesday morning at the latest. I can easily nix the Beware Of when he and I go over the final design.

Thank you for all the input, and I can't wait to see everyone walking around wearing these shirts in Albany and Detroit. Brian is pretty excited about it, too.

Let's Go Red!

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 10:55AM

Trotsky
My vote is for the simple, stark quote, no illustration, no extra words. The quote is perfect, the rest is clutter (IMHO of course).

Agree.

Date: March 22, 2010 11:01AM

my 2 cents

[www.customink.com]

Date: March 22, 2010 11:04AM

ooops try this one

[www.customink.com]

Date: March 22, 2010 11:07AM

thanks for putting this all together. me and a few buddies are definitely going to be ordering once everything is finalized

Date: March 22, 2010 11:11AM

The reason we're using the Cornell huggy bear holding a hockey stick is that it will be sold at the Cornell store and will be part of the store's e-mail blast to 40,000 registered alums. Since it's being marketed by Cornell and sold by them, they want us to use the official logo. Jeff said that the school doesn't like people using other bears. Don't worry, all, you will be able to order them within the next few days.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2010 11:19AM

If PSP, the campus store, etc., are going to be making a profit off these I would hope that they either a) sell them to the eLynah community at cost, or at a big discount, or b) compensate Munchkin, Hockeychick, etc., for the time and effort they put in.

I realize that those of you who put in the effort were almost certainly doing so out of the goodness of your hearts, for the benefit of the eLynah community. But if the eLynah community is not going to benefit (in the form of reduced pricing) then you (the people who put in the effort) should.

Does that make sense?

Date: March 22, 2010 11:24AM

andyw2100
If PSP, the campus store, etc., are going to be making a profit off these I would hope that they either a) sell them to the eLynah community at cost, or at a big discount, or b) compensate Munchkin, Hockeychick, etc., for the time and effort they put in.

I realize that those of you who put in the effort were almost certainly doing so out of the goodness of your hearts, for the benefit of the eLynah community. But if the eLynah community is not going to benefit (in the form of reduced pricing) then you (the people who put in the effort) should.

Does that make sense?

Amen!

Date: March 22, 2010 11:24AM

andyw2100

Does that make sense?
It does make sense. I'd rather see all of you get a discount so I'll ask if something can be worked out, like a special link posted on eLynah that gets reduced pricing relative to the campus store. And you're right, this was done entirely out of love for Cornell and the hockey program.

Date: March 22, 2010 11:32AM

We have a shirt design!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 11:33AM by munchkin.

Date: March 22, 2010 11:34AM

that looks excellent

Date: March 22, 2010 11:42AM

I'm buying, and I don't normally.

Date: March 22, 2010 11:43AM

Excellent!

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2010 11:46AM

munchkin
We have a shirt design!

Great work.

Posted by: HeafDog (206.208.181.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 11:48AM

munchkin
We have a shirt design!

This latest design looks pretty nice, actually. Don't know if the issue is still open for feedback, but, not to take anything away from Brian (and he did himself say that it would be okay for the attribution to be small), but I would make the attribution line smaller.

Date: March 22, 2010 12:06PM

munchkin
To answer some of the questions: you do not have to be in Ithaca. Case in point: I'm in Boston, and Hockeychick470 is in Virgina. Once I figure out numbers, shirt costs, etc, and set up the paypal stuff, I'll let you know shipping costs. It'll probably be $4.95 with the USPS flat rate small box, only one shirt would fit in each of those boxes (I think). I'll also figure out if the soft envelopes are cheaper since shirts don't weight very much. This means if you're a Big Red supporter in California, you can get people know that Cornell hockey crushes dreams and devours souls.

The shirts will be red. If we're going to wear these to games, they're going to be red, and I have tons of gray and white shirts from other stuff.

The word Evil is not part of the quote, but I'm in favor of scrapping the C once ajh258 finishes it and putting beware on top of the bear head with the rest of the phrase under it. I'll play with designs once the bear head is done.

That's all for now.

Awesome, thank you! This is beyond awesome!

Page:  1 23Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login