Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

The New Cowbell Guy

Posted by RobertSchur 
The New Cowbell Guy
Posted by: RobertSchur (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2010 12:46PM

Hello everyone! As Elie mentioned, my name is Robert Schur and I am the new cowbell guy, here to introduce myself.

A little about me: I'm a sophomore history major in the College of Arts and Sceiences. Outside of Lynah and the classroom, I work as a campus tour guide and am also a newscaster, sportscaster and DJ on WVBR 93.5 FM, also serving on the station's executive committee as outgoing News Director and soon to be Vice President of Staff and Facilities.

My love of hockey runs deep, back to the years of my dad waking me up at 5:30 A.M. for house league practices on Saturday and Sunday mornings. He coached all of my teams until I finally gave up playing after freshman year of high school to focus more on academics, thus ostensibly leading to my admission to Cornell. I'm originally form Highland Park, Illinois near Chicago but have never been a fan of the Blackhawks. Dollar Bill Wirtz's refusal to put home games on television drove my dad and me to the Chicago Wolves, of the old IHL and now the AHL, winners of two Turner Cups and two Calder Cups. In the NHL, I cheer for the Tampa Bay Lightning as my grandparents live in Southwest Florida. When visiting them, my parents would bring me to their games. I actually attended my first Cornell hockey game the year the NHL was on strike at the Florida College Classic.

I am truly honored and flattered that I have been entrusted with the cowbell for the next two years. I will be traveling to as many away games as possible with some combination each time of my three closest friends who attend games with me: Nischay Rege, Mike Motley and Matt Horvath, all sophomores as well. In the event that I cannot make a game, these three gentlemen are prepared to assume duties for an evening. We practiced last night after the game with a drumstick and plastic cup that is now severely cracked.

I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming years, perhaps even in Albany next weekend.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 01:02PM by RobertSchur.

Re: The New Cowbell Guy
Posted by: Will (66.152.125.---)
Date: March 14, 2010 01:00PM

Good luck, Robert!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 01:15PM

Good luck, Robert, I'm sure you'll be great.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 01:27PM

Feel free to come around and introduce yourself.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.115.197.118.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 03:26PM

Good luck, Robert. Looking forward to hearing you in Albany.

Posted by: dbilmes (69.183.41.---)
Date: March 14, 2010 04:42PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
I believe Elie will handle the cowbell duties for the next six games. Robert will take over starting next season. But Elie made the announcement last night because it was the final home game of the season.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.115.197.118.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 06:33PM

dbilmes
Jeff Hopkins '82
I believe Elie will handle the cowbell duties for the next six games. Robert will take over starting next season. But Elie made the announcement last night because it was the final home game of the season.

Well then I look forward to hearing Elie again in Albany. whistle

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.sip.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 09:27PM

RobertSchur
Hello everyone! As Elie mentioned, my name is Robert Schur and I am the new cowbell guy, here to introduce myself.

A little about me: I'm a sophomore history major in the College of Arts and Sceiences. Outside of Lynah and the classroom, I work as a campus tour guide and am also a newscaster, sportscaster and DJ on WVBR 93.5 FM, also serving on the station's executive committee as outgoing News Director and soon to be Vice President of Staff and Facilities.

My love of hockey runs deep, back to the years of my dad waking me up at 5:30 A.M. for house league practices on Saturday and Sunday mornings. He coached all of my teams until I finally gave up playing after freshman year of high school to focus more on academics, thus ostensibly leading to my admission to Cornell. I'm originally form Highland Park, Illinois near Chicago but have never been a fan of the Blackhawks. Dollar Bill Wirtz's refusal to put home games on television drove my dad and me to the Chicago Wolves, of the old IHL and now the AHL, winners of two Turner Cups and two Calder Cups. In the NHL, I cheer for the Tampa Bay Lightning as my grandparents live in Southwest Florida. When visiting them, my parents would bring me to their games. I actually attended my first Cornell hockey game the year the NHL was on strike at the Florida College Classic.

I am truly honored and flattered that I have been entrusted with the cowbell for the next two years. I will be traveling to as many away games as possible with some combination each time of my three closest friends who attend games with me: Nischay Rege, Mike Motley and Matt Horvath, all sophomores as well. In the event that I cannot make a game, these three gentlemen are prepared to assume duties for an evening. We practiced last night after the game with a drumstick and plastic cup that is now severely cracked.

I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming years, perhaps even in Albany next weekend.

Enjoy it. You'll have twice the fun at Cheel and Starr, you'll be extra popular there.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 08:59AM

THISNEWGUYSUCKSEVERYTHINGWASBETTERWHENIWASINSCHOOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login