Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Knockoff Jerseys

Posted by Chris S. 03 
Knockoff Jerseys
Posted by: Chris S. 03 (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 01:25PM

Cecil's College Clothing on College Ave is selling knockoff jerseys. The only thing worth noting is that yesterday they were $67.50 and today they're on sale for $50. I think that's the cheapest jersey you can get anywhere. (At least that I've seen).

I'm not sure how exact they are.

-Chris

Re: Knockoff Jerseys
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 03:50PM

What color are the sleeves? Real Cornell home white jerseys have white sleeves; Red Wings-style knockoffs have red sleeves. With the away reds, real Cornell jerseys have a band of red below the white stripe, while Red Wings-style knockoffs have the white band at the bottom with no red below it.

Date: February 10, 2003 04:17PM

The sleeves are white/red/white and red/white/red for home and away, but there's still something off about them. I've never handled or seen a game-worn up close, so somebody else will have to figure out exactly what it is.

Just looking at some photos in the archives it looks like maybe the stripes are a bit broader on the knockoffs, but like I said I can't tell for sure.

-Chris

Addendum: No, it's not mesh. The manufacturer is "Game Face Athletics", and after the CORNELL letters sewn across the chest there's a little TM in the corner.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 04:18PM

Are they a "see-through" mesh?

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 04:24PM

Did they get the rights to use the name "Cornell"? nut

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: February 10, 2003 04:24PM

Those Koronis jerseys - it's probably just a trick of the photography, but the road jersey looks like it's too light a shade of red.

Posted by: rhovorka (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 05:45PM

This past weekend, I stopped by the Campus Store to check out the Koronis jerseys. They're decent quality...certainly not as heavy as the game jerseys. And they aren't see-through mesh. The one annoying feature is the "TM" that is placed at the lower-right corner of the "Cornell" but it's small.

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---)
Date: February 10, 2003 07:09PM

I didn't even notice the TM on my Koronis jersey until you mentioned it.

Mine is personalized, and I think based on the style of the lettering and the width of the red stripes (it is a white jersey) that it is a style from a few years ago, perhaps 96-97 or 97-98.

Posted by: Allie (128.253.135.---)
Date: February 11, 2003 11:04AM

Can some one tell me how to get a personalized jersey? I want to get one as a present for someone. Do I just go to the campus store and order the name that I want on the back? Thanks for your help!

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---)
Date: February 11, 2003 04:51PM

I ordered mine (a replica) through the website, koronisjerseys.com. (You don't see too many Larry Pierce jerseys floating around.) I think there has been a link banner on this site lately which apparently gets you 10% off. It does take several weeks to arrive though because they make the whole jerrsey upn receiving the order.

Not being in Ithaca, I don't know if you can do it through the campus store or not; I'm sure someone else can inform you. (When I was at CU the only thing resembling a hockey jersey in the campus store looked about as much like the real jersey as...I can't even think of an adequately bad comparison.) I guess they have Koronis now, as well.

Date: February 11, 2003 07:02PM

Perfect Screen Printing will put letters/numbers on hockey jerseys, but I've never seen the results myself, and I have no idea about cost.

The place is back behind Wegmans a quarter mile, 245 Cherry street.

-Chris

Date: February 11, 2003 08:28PM

Mom replaced the removed nameplate and A from my Oates jersey at Anaconda-Kaye Sports, which was somehow supposed to be affiliated with the folks who do it for the team.

At any rate, PSP were the ones who inflicted those icky Big Red Wings jerseys on us, but if there's not another convenient way to get the lettering done...

Date: February 12, 2003 08:07AM

I had a nameplate done at Perfect Screen, and am under the impression that they do the ones for the team. Whether or not they do, mine looks good. They charge $5 for a blank plate plus $3 per letter.

Posted by: Allie (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 08:31AM

So it will be cheaper if I buy a jersey and then get it personalized elsewhere?

Date: February 12, 2003 09:25AM

That didn't cover numbers, only a nameplate. Not sure how much PSP would charge for numbers.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 09:43AM

PSP, when I bought it last fall, charged $5/number and $3/letter.

Yes, now I know it's not a real jersey... but, first off, don't feel like blowing another > $70, and two, now this one has history with me (Lake Placid, Worcester, and some personal things too), so I'm kinda torn. I'll probably wait for it to fall apart, and after a year and a half of heavy use, I could see that happening within a few more.

Date: February 12, 2003 01:56PM

So how much would a Varteressian personalization cost then? With the name plate (5), the 11 letters (33) and the 3 numbers (15) I get to 53 dollars. Is that right?

I guess Palahicky is actually more costly (9 letters but 6 numbers), though.

help

Date: February 12, 2003 02:20PM

crodge2k wrote:

So how much would a Varteressian personalization cost then? With the name plate (5), the 11 letters (33) and the 3 numbers (15) I get to 53 dollars. Is that right?

I guess Palahicky is actually more costly (9 letters but 6 numbers), though.

help
You're close. There are 12 letters in "Varteressian". :-P

Date: February 12, 2003 02:57PM

Umm... duh ;) My bad.

At least I only need to get 5 letters for my jersey (or is it 6...) and no numbers.

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 04:04PM

for the lettering...sometimes you can find cheaper places to get it done but it would be easier if you had the vender do it I guess

i just got my two jerseys from age's link and they rock. they came VERY quickly (less than a week). i did not get lettering as i can get it done with little cost. just a note - the sizes are not like the nhl jerseys i have owned. a devil's xl is a perfect size for me but a cornell xl is HUGE. (i am 5'10 of average weight). but i can swim in the jersey i guess. ok back to studying. hopefully i can get the lettering done b4 the ecacs!

Date: February 12, 2003 04:57PM

jy3 wrote:

just a note - the sizes are not like the nhl jerseys i have owned. a devil's xl is a perfect size for me but a cornell xl is HUGE. (i am 5'10 of average weight). but i can swim in the jersey i guess. ok back to studying. hopefully i can get the lettering done b4 the ecacs!
Yeah, good word of warning there. NHL replicas are sized like most shirts. These jerseys are sized like actual jerseys, meaning an XL is for an XL person wearing shoulder pads.

Date: February 12, 2003 07:37PM

The drawback to the PSP Big Red Wings jerseys is that everyone else can tell it's not a real jersey, which sounds like it won't be the case with the Koronis ones. (For that matter the replica I got years ago is obviously not a game-worn jersey, but at least looks like a Cornell jersey and not a Red Wings one.) I'm just glad people have an easy option to get actual replicas again.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: February 12, 2003 07:43PM

Thinking about a jersey, but I don't remember Ratushny's number. Can I get some help?

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: February 12, 2003 10:09PM

Dan Ratushny wore #2.

Posted by: bigred apple (---)
Date: February 13, 2003 04:52AM

Last question: has the jersey stayed the same (not more-or-less-the-same, but the same) so that throwing Ratushny's name on a Koronis would be accurate?

Date: February 13, 2003 08:29AM

I'm pretty sure the exact font used for the CORNELL changed sometime in the last decade. And the ECAC patch changed when the logo changed, and again when they changed their minds on what colors to use.

Date: February 13, 2003 06:53PM

yes i wondering the same for my Joe Nieuwendyk jersey (if the spelling is wrong here it wont be on the jersey :-))

as for the size, i guess i have to wear shoulder pads to the games now

nut

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: February 13, 2003 09:29PM

I'd get a Bâby, but it won't have the diacritical mark, so what's the point. I think its either Murray or Lenny. If I get one at all. So many decisions. . .

Date: February 14, 2003 06:47AM

jy3 wrote:

as for the size, i guess i have to wear shoulder pads to the games now
Hey, if you had to get out in a hurry, it'd probably be easier if you could check people. nut

Date: February 14, 2003 02:59PM

[q] Hey, if you had to get out in a hurry, it'd probably be easier if you could check people.
[/q]

LOL, i may need that :-)

so assume that red with white trim goes on the white jerseys and white with red trim goes on the red jerseys? is this correct for lettering?

Date: February 14, 2003 03:12PM

I am not sure I quite understand your question. I'd suggest that you check out some of Age's photos and that will probably answer your question. You want white letters and numbers if you are getting a red away jersey.

Chris

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---)
Date: February 14, 2003 04:10PM

jy3, you can look at the lettering on my jersey next week. Looking forward to finally seeing Cornell hockey live again!

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: February 19, 2003 10:48AM

If you, or anyone else who has the Koronis jerseys, can track me down at some point this weekend, I'd like to take a look at them. Someone from the company e-mailed me, concerned about posts made here about the accuracy of their jerseys, so they obviously care about authenticity. If someone can show one to me this weekend, I'd appreciate it.

Date: February 19, 2003 11:19AM

Age,

if possible it would be great if you could take a photo of someone's Koronis replica too. I am curious about how they look.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---)
Date: February 19, 2003 01:53PM

Okay, even though I don't like the way I look in it, I'll try to post a picture of me in my Koronis jersey....I hope this works.

I will be in Section O (SUCKS) this weekend for both games if anyone wants to come see it in person.

Date: February 20, 2003 12:39AM

Maybe we should get a picture of a replica and a game-worn jersey side-by-side?

Are the Koronis jerseys current?
Posted by: KeithK (---)
Date: February 20, 2003 01:50AM

Judging from the pictures (and I think from what a friend who bought one said) the Koronis jerseys do not match the ones the team is currently wearing. The obvious difference is at the neckline. The road jersey has a white neckline and the home has a red one. We discussed this some time back (either on this baord or in person) and decided that this was the style from '96-'97 or so. Not sure when it changed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login