Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Murray's Penalty/NO GOAL

Posted by HpyGlmore2-05 
Murray's Penalty/NO GOAL
Posted by: HpyGlmore2-05 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 10:38PM

1. What do people think about Dartmouth's goal? From section B, it looked like 1. Dartmouth was in the crease. 2. A Darthmouth player's stick was high in the air, and 3. Dartmouth players were obstructing LeNeveu = no goal

2. What the heck did Doug Murray do to get the 10 min miscondcut?

Re: Murray's Penalty/NO GOAL
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 10:43PM

[q]2. What the heck did Doug Murray do to get the 10 min miscondcut?[/q]

Going a little to far with the argument with Murphy. Verbal stuff. Probably said the magic word (more than once...)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 10:47PM

No goal, puck was high in the air, puck was in the net... high sticking all the way. Murphy is blind.

Posted by: atb9 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 10:54PM

From the fifth row of section E...

High stick. Forget the interference. It looked like the puck hit the Dartmouth stick head high. Ridiculous call and we were chanting "still a shutout" the rest of the game.

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 10:55PM

IIRC, Murphy's arm was up before the goal so he was intending to call something on us any way. . .it appeared that he was concentrating on that and not on the crap going on in the crease (high stick, crease, and interference). Whatever, a wins a win and Dan Murphy still sucks!

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 11:05PM

Wow, and I thought UNH's fans were bitter.

YOU GUYS WON 6 TO FREAKING 1 - you broke an 8 game winless streak. Quit bitching about the damn officials.

Date: February 07, 2003 11:07PM

When your goalie's going for a team record number of shutouts, you bitch about the one goal... believe me, if it was the second goal, it'd matter a lot less.

Posted by: atb9 (---)
Date: February 07, 2003 11:18PM

Give me a break, Ben. Lenny is trying to tie and break Ken Dryden's shutout record. People in Omaha know who Ken Dryden is, right?

Date: February 07, 2003 11:23PM

Okay boys, no need to get feisty... it's a good night :-D.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: February 08, 2003 02:22AM

Jordan wrote:

[q]2. What the heck did Doug Murray do to get the 10 min miscondcut?[/q]

Going a little to far with the argument with Murphy. Verbal stuff. Probably said the magic word (more than once...)
He also looked like he was about ready to pick Murphy up and break him in half.

Posted by: redice (---)
Date: February 08, 2003 08:40AM

And how about Trevor Byrne lobbying for a penalty when hats were thrown on the ice for Moulson's hat trick. At that point in the game, DC was obviously NOT going to win. Lobbying for a penalty because the home team fans were throwing hats on the ice was pretty poor! I'm surprised that he wasn't successful. This officiating crew came on the ice with a bug up their a$$. Did anyone notice the linesman berating a couple of Dartmouth players for not leaving the ice fast enough at the conclusion of the pre-game warm-ups? I think that set the tone for the officials' conduct the whole night.

Posted by: Chips '03 (---)
Date: February 08, 2003 11:36AM

Err.... Actually, that should have been a penalty. The hats, fine, the bag of skittles, not so fine. That's why it took like, ten minutes to clear 'things' off the ice.

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: February 08, 2003 11:59AM

Bill, I too noticed the little conference after warm-ups at the door. . .that linesman was none to pleased with the extra 30-45 seconds of ice time the Dartmouth player took.

Date: February 08, 2003 12:17PM

[Q]Err.... Actually, that should have been a penalty. The hats, fine, the bag of skittles, not so fine. That's why it took like, ten minutes to clear 'things' off the ice.[/Q]
The skittles were stupid, and we got a warning for that. Which is why Dmouth thought they could maybe get away with the hats breaking the warning. Luckily, Murphy's been around long enough to realize it's a time honored hockey tradition and competely legit. But, I dunno, if you're DC, you kinda have to try, especially since the warning was issued.

And hey, at least Murphy was better than the RPI ushers rolleyes

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: February 08, 2003 01:19PM

DeltaOne81 '03 wrote:

Luckily, Murphy's been around long enough to realize it's a time honored hockey tradition . . .
So, are you saying that you think that maybe there is a hockey referee who "hasn't been around long enough" to know what a hat trick is?

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: February 08, 2003 01:48PM

For what it's worth, the Dartmouth student announcer thought it was definitely a high stick, and after the call on Murray following the goal said "Cornell's really getting shafted here." But let's not dwell on that; as hockey players say "c'est la vie." The announcer did an excellent job of play-by-play - I immediately knew who got each goal (even when it was Chris Abbott) and generally the assists as well, as he was clearly prepared and called our players by name as soon as they had the puck. Another good comment he made was that "the Cornell fans are as annoying as advertised." Thanks for the well-called game - whoever you are.

Date: February 08, 2003 02:00PM

[Q] So, are you saying that you think that maybe there is a hockey referee who "hasn't been around long enough" to know what a hat trick is?[/Q]

No, they know what it is,

but I'm saying there are people in positions of power in hockey rinks who maybe haven't been around hockey long enough to understand that it's a time honored tradition, and not something 'those crazy kids do' - witness Age's experience at RPI. I'd like to hope that none of the refs fall into that category, but honestly, if Torguson (sp?) (who looked pretty young to me) or someone ECAC refs gave fans (particularly at Lynah) a warning for it, I wouldn't be terribly shocked.

Posted by: redice (---)
Date: February 08, 2003 03:27PM

Actually, CU did once receive a penalty for hats being thrown on the ice following a CU hat trick at Lynah. It was probably 10-15 years ago...it was during a not-very-glorious part of CU Hockey history. We didn't have many hat tricks during that period of time. And, when it happened, it was a pretty wild celebration (similar to last night's). The referee was Peter Dawe (or Dawes). I believe that was his last year of doing Div I game. Yes, I heard there was a connection between that incident and his departure. Does anyone else remember this....maybe more specifics?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login