Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU's 2010-2011 Schedule

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: CU's 2010-2011 Schedule
Posted by: peterg (---.bgdmlaw.com)
Date: August 11, 2010 02:02PM

jtwcornell91
I just got mine as well, and was surprised not to see a schedule included. Haven't past season ticket renewal letters contained a schedule?

It's probably not included because, it seems, it's not quite complete.

IJ Article

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-237-118.myvzw.com)
Date: August 11, 2010 03:33PM

It's been a great week here...

2010-11 ticket renewal letter & acceptance letter for 2011 Frozen Four!! Both in the same week.

Is it hockey season yet???

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2010 05:34PM

redice
It's been a great week here...

2010-11 ticket renewal letter & acceptance letter for 2011 Frozen Four!! Both in the same week.

Is it hockey season yet???

That is one of the few things I miss about Indiana; getting mail from the NC$$ very quickly. My fingers are crossed that I too get a letter saying I have tickets.

Is it time for Age to put up the countdown ticker to the Red-White game yet?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2010 07:11PM

Ticker goes by the ELynah Database schedule, which will be entered when it's finalized ;)

Posted by: RobertSchur (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 13, 2010 06:08PM

So what's the deal with the Thanksgiving Newark game? Neither Cornell nor Colgate lists it. I spoke to the ticket office on the phone a week before the schedule came out and was told that Schafer was about to return from vacation and it wouldn't be long until they finalized the paperwork. Guess they were wrong?

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 28, 2010 05:53PM

Beeeej
I just received my season hockey ticket renewal information, and the accompanying letter from Gene Nighman claims there are "20 home games." Both this schedule and the one on CornellBigRed.com show 17, and that's including the two exhibition games. Do you think he's actually including some not-at-all-guaranteed home playoffs in his figure? I think that's kind of ballsy and woof-like.

I've e-mailed him to ask, though I'm pretty sure the answer's yes.

Anyway, if you buy the three playoff tickets that actually would make it twenty games, season tickets work out to $21/game in Section C, $18/game outside of C, and $27/game on the balcony.

Hasn't it been that way recently? I thought that guaranteed one's seats should Cornell host playoff games. If the team doesn't host, one can receive a refund or donate the money to the hockey program -- at least I thought that's the way it works.

Posted by: Jmw398 (---.res-wired.cornell.edu)
Date: September 13, 2010 01:17PM

The Newark game is back on the Colgate schedule:

http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock&schedule=140&

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-213-144.myvzw.com)
Date: September 22, 2010 06:45AM

The Newark game is also on the composite ECAC Hockey League site:

ECAC Hockey

-Ned Harkness

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 22, 2010 08:25AM

redice
The Newark game is also on the composite ECAC Hockey League site:

ECAC Hockey

There's also a line in this article from a little over a month ago on the ECAC hockey site with a line mentioning the game:
[www.ecachockey.com]

New Jersey fans will get a dose of ECAC Hockey as Colgate and Cornell will meet November 27 at the Prudential Center, Newark, NJ. The Raiders have another dramatic holiday matchup, as they take in defending National Champions Boston College in the first round of the Ledyard National Bank Classic, December 30.

No one's heard anything about tickets yet right? I need to talk to my ticket rep from the Devils about my partial plan anyway, so I will ask him if he knows anything about it. Don't know whether the ticket reps deal with only Devils tickets or all rink events.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: September 22, 2010 12:08PM

New Jersey fans will get a dose of ECAC Hockey as Colgate and Cornell will meet November 27 at the Prudential Center, Newark, NJ. The Raiders have another dramatic holiday matchup, as they take in defending National Champions Boston College in the first round of the Ledyard National Bank Classic, December 30.

This seems overly harsh, even if Princeton was a big disappointment last year.

Date: September 22, 2010 02:43PM

Jordan 04

This seems overly harsh, even if Princeton was a big disappointment last year.

That's funny, didn't really think about it when I read it the first time. Anyway, heard back from my ticket rep and he didn't know anything. Here's the exact quote from his email:
Devils' Ticket Rep
In regards to the Cornell game, I looked into details for you but don’t have any yet. Please reach out to me again in a few weeks, as I should know more by then.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 29, 2010 05:30PM

Now that the Newark game is more or less confirmed, will someone be doing a Google Calendar for this season?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: sjact (---.sprjan.com)
Date: September 30, 2010 01:54PM

I'm thinking of buying season tix from another ticket holder. How much do season tickets usually cost?

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: September 30, 2010 02:15PM

I'll put the schedule up and send a link to it when I have some time, probably next week or so

Date: September 30, 2010 04:04PM

sjact
I'm thinking of buying season tix from another ticket holder. How much do season tickets usually cost?

Depends on the section of the rink. Students pay less than CHA members, who pay less than "box" seat holders/scoreboard railing leaners. I can only speak for the CHA group - we pay $420, or what should work out to $21/game, for Section C or N.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: September 30, 2010 04:32PM

nr53
I'll put the schedule up and send a link to it when I have some time, probably next week or so

Alternatively, you can download the calendar from collegehockeynews.com. Check out the link on the schedule page:

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Time zones seem a bit messed up however, games show up at 3pm pacific for me but it's at least easier to drag pre-made events than create brand new ones.

Posted by: sjact (---.sprjan.com)
Date: October 01, 2010 10:48AM

thanks, that's what I needed to know

Posted by: ajc69 (---.sub-174-201-171.myvzw.com)
Date: October 07, 2010 07:48AM

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Looks like tickets for the newark game go on sale tomorrow, even though its not on the cornell schedule yet

Date: October 07, 2010 09:33AM

ajc69
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Looks like tickets for the newark game go on sale tomorrow, even though its not on the cornell schedule yet

Interesting. Cheap seats are 40% more expensive than the cheap seats were for the last BU game @ MSG. Seems out of whack.

Date: October 07, 2010 10:45AM

Jordan 04
ajc69
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Interesting. Cheap seats are 40% more expensive than the cheap seats were for the last BU game @ MSG. Seems out of whack.

That's especially true when it's in Newark instead of NYC, Colgate isn't as big a rival as BU (to this day), we're already playing Colgate two other times this season, and this one's non-conference. They have absolutely no hope of selling out at these prices.

- Steve Worona

Date: October 07, 2010 11:00AM

Beeeej
Jordan 04
ajc69
[www.ticketmaster.com]

That's especially true when it's in Newark instead of NYC, Colgate isn't as big a rival as BU (to this day), we're already playing Colgate two other times this season, and this one's non-conference. They have absolutely no hope of selling out at these prices.

Right. I wasn't as explicit, but these are all the factors that led to my "out of whack" opinion.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 07, 2010 01:17PM

Jordan 04
Beeeej
Jordan 04
ajc69
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Right. I wasn't as explicit, but these are all the factors that led to my "out of whack" opinion.

Come On! Everybody knows what a draw Newark is. Why I could take the family, maybe take the train, do some Xmas Shopping and have a nice meal before the game or go to a Museum. Why we might just spend the night.

Posted by: Weder (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2010 01:50PM

CU finally announced it:
[www.cornellbigred.com]

Tickets through CU are $17 (student)/$43 (Sec. 6)/$54 (Sec. 7)

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: October 07, 2010 02:57PM

Guess who isn't going to Newark!

Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: October 07, 2010 03:06PM

Weder
CU finally announced it:
[www.cornellbigred.com]

Tickets through CU are $17 (student)/$43 (Sec. 6)/$54 (Sec. 7)

With prices like those, I would hate to be an enemy of Cornell. Yikes! That is steep for a single college hockey game bugeye.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 07, 2010 03:29PM

I have a feeling the ticket prices are dictated by the venue, and the Newark people have no understanding of a college hockey game. They see "hockey" and think "Devils crowd... brokers and neurosurgeons."

Posted by: hockeychick470 (156.145.254.---)
Date: October 07, 2010 03:54PM

I wish they'd finalized this earlier... I'm not going pay to change my train ticket back to NYC after the holiday for Colgate. Especially after I moved it when they started talking about it and changed it back when it looked like it wasn't happening. This time, the price jump just isn't worth it.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2010 05:17PM

hockeychick470
I wish they'd finalized this earlier... I'm not going pay to change my train ticket back to NYC after the holiday for Colgate. Especially after I moved it when they started talking about it and changed it back when it looked like it wasn't happening. This time, the price jump just isn't worth it.

Your response is exactly what I expect many to have. Whoever planned this probably saw the numbers the MSG game and thought this would be comparable. It's not for many reasons. Going to the well too much and expecting the non-rabid Cornellian crowd to follow every year is pushing it.

Date: October 08, 2010 10:38AM

RichH
hockeychick470

Your response is exactly what I expect many to have. Whoever planned this probably saw the numbers the MSG game and thought this would be comparable. It's not for many reasons. Going to the well too much and expecting the non-rabid Cornellian crowd to follow every year is pushing it.
For those still curious about general admission tix, they go on sale at TicketMaster at 10AM.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 08, 2010 11:18AM

ugarte
RichH
hockeychick470

For those still curious about general admission tix, they go on sale at TicketMaster at 10AM.
I like how they're using the marketing logo from last year's BU game. Nice work Ticketmaster.

Date: October 08, 2010 02:15PM

ugarte
RichH
hockeychick470

Well I bought a bunch from Cornell this morning. Out of curiosity, I noticed you can't by upper level seats on ticketmaster. Are they waiting to release them until lowers are sold? For those of you not familiar with the rink, unlike the Garden where there are no good seats, every seat is a good one. I got lowers for the Cornell-Colgate game, but will also be happy sitting in 227 for the Devils games this season.

Posted by: munchkin (---.partners.org)
Date: October 09, 2010 01:38PM

I'm in the same boat as Hockeychick470. I booked my flights the day before they announced that it really was happening. Only giving 7 weeks notice doesn't really help travel plans when it's over Thanksgiving weekend. As it is I have to fly back to Manchester, NH instead of Logan due to crowded flights. A pit stop is Newark is definitely not worth changing flights.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2010 09:17PM

Ronald '09
For those of you not familiar with the rink, unlike the Garden where there are no good seats, every seat is a good one.
It's canceled out by the fact that you have to watch the Devils, though.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: October 12, 2010 04:57PM

Will the "countdown to... " clock be revived? (thank you eLynah organizers)

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2010 01:09PM

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got the ELynah calendar populated. If you're already subscribed, no need to do anything. Otherwise,

[www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: October 14, 2010 01:35PM

CowbellGuy
Sorry it took so long, but I finally got the ELynah calendar populated. If you're already subscribed, no need to do anything. Otherwise,

[www.elynah.com]

Thank you Age. I'm glad to see the countdown ticker back!cheer

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: October 14, 2010 02:40PM

the iCal is great- thanks!

Posted by: jaywbigred (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 14, 2010 03:55PM

Does anyone have clear information regarding which exact sections are "Cornell" sections?

Also, I cannot recommend enough the Prudential Center as a venue. Despite many well-founded preconceptions of Newark, the area around the arena is a huge exception, and there are many good bars and restaurants within walking distance. Of course, the inside of the arena is spectacular too, and you may not feel the need to explore the neighborhood if management has open the full assortment of concession offerings.

Lastly, I have to say, as an alum, I am disheartened by the lack of die hard spirit I see in this thread, with the complaints about the opponent and the ticket prices. Events like this, regardless of opponent or ticket price, represent a terrific opportunity for us to show our support for the university, the athletic program, and the hockey team. They provide great PR opportunities to sell Cornell not only to hockey recruits, but to "regular" students as well. If Cornell hockey is making news in NY/NJ area media outlets for the widespread and rabid support of its hockey team at a major venue like the Prudential Center, it can only help Coach Schafer in his recruiting efforts, and can only draw attention from potential college applicants. Kill, Schafer, kill!

There ARE alumni fan bases for universities in this country who would jump at the chance to watch their school's marquee sport play in a major venue against ANY opponent. You don't need to look much further than the ability of a lot of Southern and Midwestern schools to "travel" (i.e. draw large contingents of supporters) to usually-meaningless football bowl games in random locations, for said evidence.

Come on guys! Let's Go Red!

Date: October 14, 2010 04:20PM

jaywbigred
Lastly, I have to say, as an alum, I am disheartened by the lack of die hard spirit I see in this thread, with the complaints about the opponent and the ticket prices. Events like this, regardless of opponent or ticket price, represent a terrific opportunity for us to show our support for the university, the athletic program, and the hockey team. They provide great PR opportunities to sell Cornell not only to hockey recruits, but to "regular" students as well. If Cornell hockey is making news in NY/NJ area media outlets for the widespread and rabid support of its hockey team at a major venue like the Prudential Center, it can only help Coach Schafer in his recruiting efforts, and can only draw attention from potential college applicants. Kill, Schafer, kill!

Personally, I'm just going to wait until the day of the game, and walk up to buy tickets. This game is not going to sell out, and the box office at the Rock won't be charging the absurd fees on top of the relatively absurd ticket price. But I'll be there.

- Steve Worona

Date: October 14, 2010 06:00PM

jaywbigred
Lastly, I have to say, as an alum, I am disheartened by the lack of die hard spirit I see in this thread, with the complaints about the opponent and the ticket prices. Events like this, regardless of opponent or ticket price, represent a terrific opportunity for us to show our support for the university, the athletic program, and the hockey team.
I remain unconcerned that you are disheartened that I don't want to spend $60 a ticket to a game which requires over an hour of travel in each direction plus either babysitting costs or the relationship costs that attend to dumping parental responsibility on one's wife in exchange for something frivolous.

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2010 08:16PM

jaywbigred
Lastly, I have to say, as an alum, I am disheartened by the lack of die hard spirit I see in this thread, with the complaints about the opponent and the ticket prices. Events like this, regardless of opponent or ticket price, represent a terrific opportunity for us to show our support for the university, the athletic program, and the hockey team.

The University announced it WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too late. Less than 2 months before Thanksgiving I already had my travel plans locked in. On top of that, seeing them play Colgate in a more empty than full arena holds little appeal. There won't be the class-sponsored open bars as there were for MSG. I'll be going back to Ithaca during the season, and I think that shows my die hard fandom more so that going to Newark. The cost does outweigh my love of hockey in this instance, and after last season's Dream Crushing, Soul Devouring Juggernaut shirt designing, I don't think my love can be called into question.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2010 08:29PM

munchkin
On top of that, seeing them play Colgate in a more empty than full arena holds little appeal.
I'm with you on the travel planning issue, but this is sort of self-fulfilling, isn't it? The more people who say "I don't want to go to a game in a half-empty arena", the more likely it is that the arena is going to be half-empty. We're the ones who make the atmosphere be awesome, and the atmosphere is only going to suck if we let it.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 09:39AM

cornell vs. colgate all the way in new jersey? for what? booooooooring. boooooooooooring... can't we find a real ooc team to play?

Posted by: underskill (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 10:32AM

geez, all you guys do is bitch. If you don't want to go to the game, don't, but its a game in a great arena, 20 minute train ride from NY, which is a lot more accessible than Lynah for most people, meaning its the one time most alumni can see them in person this year--who cares if its just Colgate?

Date: October 15, 2010 10:38AM

underskill
geez, all you guys do is bitch. If you don't want to go to the game, don't, but its a game in a great arena, 20 minute train ride from NY, which is a lot more accessible than Lynah for most people, meaning its the one time most alumni can see them in person this year--who cares if its just Colgate?

So, you're allowed to talk about why you're going to the game, but others aren't allowed to talk about why they aren't going?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 02:20PM

ugarte
...in exchange for something frivolous.
Frivolous? It's not frivolous! It's Cornell hockey!

Posted by: toddlose (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 03:53PM

Im in +7.

Posted by: jkahn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 04:05PM

munchkin
The University announced it WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too late.
That's for sure. It had been rumored for months and even on Colgate's website several weeks earlier. Cornell didn't have it on their schedule and then announces the game the day before tickets go on sale. For the two MSG games, I organized groups of 23 and 19, with people coming in from Calfornia and London (UK, not CAN) and DC. There's a good chance I'll be there, but organizing a contingent like that at this late date can't be done.
ugarte
...something frivolous.
if Cornell hockey is something frivolous, you've spent a whole lot of time following frivilous stuff - which, of course, we all still think is time well spent.

Date: October 15, 2010 04:07PM

jkahn
if Cornell hockey is something frivolous, you've spent a whole lot of time following frivilous stuff - which, of course, we all still think is time well spent.
Well, duh. Cornell hockey isn't close to the most frivolous thing I spend a lot of time on.

Posted by: CAS (---.dsl.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: October 15, 2010 04:17PM

I'm [+3] very excited about rooting for the Red at the Pru Center, which is a terrific venue for hockey. Looking forward to making the Pru Center Lynah Newark! The venue is only a short train ride from NYC.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: October 16, 2010 01:58AM

ugarte
jkahn
Well, duh. Cornell hockey isn't close to the most frivolous thing I spend a lot of time on.

Elynah Forum?

Posted by: KP '06 (---.ece.cornell.edu)
Date: October 16, 2010 11:24AM

CAS
Looking forward to making the Pru Center Lynah Newark!

Lynah Jersey? barf

[www.southparkstudios.com]

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: October 16, 2010 06:37PM

I'm in [+8]. It isn't BU, and it isn't MSG, but hey, why the hell not (otherwise known as my family strong armed me).

Posted by: jaywbigred (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 10:19AM

Despite how dismayed I am by this thread, I actually decided to use it as motivation and showed it to a handful of alums who were on the fence. The general response was "Wow, those guys are WEEEEEEEEEEAK! I'm in!", and I was able to bump my group up a few.

So I am in, +12.

I had always put Cornell's hockey fandom on par with the most rabid supporters in this country...Ohio State football could play the University of Southeastern Missouri in the "Anchorage Bowl" in the middle of January, and their fans would fill the stadium; Duke basketball could play TC3 in a random HS gym in Montana and sell it out; yet we play a legit. college hockey program w some history and tradition in what is probably the nicest building in the NHL, 7 miles (and a 20 minute train ride) from downtown Manhattan, and we can't provide a good showing? Sad.

Late scheduling, a perceived price increase in the ~$20 range (you get what you pay for!!), and dissatisfaction with what is certainly a legitimate opponent for this (rebuilding) team are poor excuses. Hopefully, a late surge of interest will put some butts in the seats.

Date: October 26, 2010 10:25AM

jaywbigred
Late scheduling [etc.] are poor excuses.

So you're offering to cover the change fees for those who would have to alter their airline itineraries to stay in town for the game? I think that's wonderful.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 10:38AM

They should get a ton of alums from the NYC area -- maybe not many from L.I., but there's a large Jersey contingent. Hopefully, this will also be Kaylea's first Cornell hockey game (apparently she is betrothed to Brisson but he doesn't know it yet).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 10:39AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 11:17AM

jaywbigred
Late scheduling, a perceived price increase in the ~$20 range (you get what you pay for!!), and dissatisfaction with what is certainly a legitimate opponent for this (rebuilding) team are poor excuses. Hopefully, a late surge of interest will put some butts in the seats.
Being a rabid sports fan doesn't mean you have no reaction to prices. Otherwise you simply become a wallet for the team/program. If ticket prices are unaffordable you watch or listen from home.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login