Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell @ Yale 01/12/18

Posted by Johnny 5 
Cornell @ Yale 01/12/18
Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2018 07:30AM

Ok, so...of course we want a four point weekend.
But, tonight, Princeton over Hahvahd is a no brainer.
However, which is preferable in the Clarkson vs Onion contest?
A Clarkson win to give us more breathing room over Onion, or an Onion win to make Clarkson look less omnipotent?
Thoughts?

Oh, and GO Ben Scrivens!!

cheer

Re: Cornell @ Yale 01/12/18
Posted by: upprdeck (---.fs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 12, 2018 08:12AM

I think Clarkson winning over teams right around us is good.. let them lose to someone down the standings.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2018 09:28AM

upprdeck
I think Clarkson winning over teams right around us is good.. let them lose to someone down the standings.

Very good thought. At the start of the ECACH playoffs, the difference between finishing first or second is not very significant, but the team that finishes third or fourth gets a tougher 2nd round opponents and the fourth place team, if it survives gets the first place team in the semis, and the last line change through the rest of the tournament.

At this point, I see Harvard as a bigger threat than Union, and I think they will surge in the second half after the Olympics.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.37.26.69.virtela.net)
Date: January 12, 2018 02:16PM

TimV
upprdeck

Very good thought. At the start of the ECACH playoffs, the difference between finishing first or second is not very significant, but the team that finishes third or fourth gets a tougher 2nd round opponents and the fourth place team, if it survives gets the first place team in the semis, and the last line change through the rest of the tournament.

At this point, I see Harvard as a bigger threat than Union, and I think they will surge in the second half after the Olympics.

Other than at the Beanpot, of course.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2018 04:21PM

TimV
upprdeck

Harvard was truly skating circles around RPI on Tuesday. Check the replay on the RPI TV. It was a minor miracle that the game ended on a tie.

Harvard can skate.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2018 05:52PM

marty

Harvard was truly skating circles around RPI on Tuesday. Check the replay on the RPI TV. It was a minor miracle that the game ended on a tie.

Harvard can skate.

Harvard Power Play looked pretty dangerous with Donato creeping in to the top of the left circle and Fox on the right.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 12, 2018 09:20PM

a great comeback that still ends up disappointing. could have won that by a lot and lost the lead on a fluke of a goal in the last minute. damn.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 12, 2018 09:27PM

ugarte
a great comeback that still ends up disappointing. could have won that by a lot and lost the lead on a fluke of a goal in the last minute. damn.

Annoying for sure, but for quite awhile I didn’t think we’d even be able to break the ice, so to come back from 2-0 down on the road was terrific—and not at all surprising with this year’s team.

Brown got whipped 4-0 by Colgate tonight, but this year they seem to play well after a stinker. But I think if we play like we did tonight we’ll be fine.

Date: January 12, 2018 09:34PM

scoop85
ugarte

Annoying for sure, but for quite awhile I didn’t think we’d even be able to break the ice, so to come back from 2-0 down on the road was terrific—and not at all surprising with this year’s team.

Brown got whipped 4-0 by Colgate tonight, but this year they seem to play well after a stinker. But I think if we play like we did tonight we’ll be fine.

Correction, the Brown score above was the women’s game. The Colgate men beat Brown, but only 2-1.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)

ugarte

Didn't look fluky to me - looked like Galajda left a semi-juicy rebound to his left when Yale had numbers. Then again, the camera work and direction were so utterly shitty again tonight that I could've imagined the entire thing.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

scoop85
ugarte

yeah it's definitely weird to be down 2-0 with a minute left in the second and still feel bummed about a tie but we had the lead and should have been winning by more. i'll get over it.

Date: January 12, 2018 09:38PM

Beeeej
ugarte

Didn't look fluky to me - looked like Galajda left a semi-juicy rebound to his left when Yale had numbers. Then again, the camera work and direction were so utterly shitty again tonight that I could've imagined the entire thing.

It was flukey in that it only got to the guy wide open on the near post becasue of a fanned shot that turned into the perfect pass

Date: January 12, 2018 09:39PM

Beeeej
ugarte

it wasn't a rebound - i don't know who it was but someone slid to block it but only redirected it to the guy on the doorstep. galajda had committed to making the save where the shot was supposed to go so the net was effectively empty. and as scoop said, the shot was a half-whiff so the timing on everything was weird.

you are right about the camera work though. the guy had no idea where the puck was a lot. i'd love to see that guy film a football game where the qb uses a lot of play action just for the vertigo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 09:42PM by ugarte.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2018 10:18PM

considering we had probably 10 A+ chances we didnt score on, its hard to know whether to be happy coming back from 0-2 or sad losing a lead late. really played well for much of the game. the breakaway the multiple pipes the 4-5 open nets and some really good saves by the Yale kid..

Yales 3 goals where a bad one to open , a deflected puck that rolled into a tap in and a whiff that went to an empty net.

Still happy to go on the road, pretty much dominate and have tons of chances to score..

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 13, 2018 01:38PM

TimV
upprdeck

At the moment there are five teams fighting for the four ECAC first-round byes. Clarkson is the clear frontrunner and barring a second-half collapse will likely finish first. We are in second, though only a few games ahead of Union, Harvard, and Colgate. Of the teams just below us, Harvard is easily the scariest and has rebounded from its bad start. Luckily they will lose Donato, a Hobey Baker candidate, to the Olympics for a few games. Union, which has been weak out of conference, probably isn't as good as its ECAC record suggests. The pivotal stretch run matchup will be the home-and-home against Colgate.

Date: January 13, 2018 03:04PM

BearLover
TimV
upprdeck

At the moment there are five teams fighting for the four ECAC first-round byes. Clarkson is the clear frontrunner and barring a second-half collapse will likely finish first. We are in second, though only a few games ahead of Union, Harvard, and Colgate. Of the teams just below us, Harvard is easily the scariest and has rebounded from its bad start. Luckily they will lose Donato, a Hobey Baker candidate, to the Olympics for a few games. Union, which has been weak out of conference, probably isn't as good as its ECAC record suggests. The pivotal stretch run matchup will be the home-and-home against Colgate.

But Union did get a win and tie at North Dakota, which does now seem flukey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login