Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI Internet Video

Posted by jtwcornell91 
RPI Internet Video
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 04, 2009 05:16PM

$7 on b2sports: [www.b2tv.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: RPI Internet Video
Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.80.---)
Date: December 04, 2009 05:28PM

Or free here:

[www.ustream.tv]

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:17PM

and RPI TV's free version appears to be higher resolution than what B2 puts out on the web after they process it. :-P

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:25PM

ursusminor
and RPI TV's free version appears to be higher resolution than what B2 puts out on the web after they process it. :-P

Is the RPI TV free version you refer to the one that will be available for free via the ustream.tv link above? I don't care all --that-- much about saving $7.00. (Although it would be nice.) I just want the best quality "broadcast" I can get.

Thanks!

Posted by: BCrespi (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:32PM

Lauren '06
Or free here:

[www.ustream.tv]

The stream is already running, and the quality looks pretty solid.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:33PM

The stream is playing music now. Will it have one of the radio broadcasts for sound when the game starts?

Thanks!

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:34PM

ustream.tv looks great. And we get warmups!

Date: December 04, 2009 06:34PM

andyw2100
ursusminor

Is the RPI TV free version you refer to the one that will be available for free via the ustream.tv link above? I don't care all --that-- much about saving $7.00. (Although it would be nice.) I just want the best quality "broadcast" I can get.

Thanks!
Yes. I do add that I have only watched it once via ustream. Because I paid for B2 for the season prior to the announcement that RPI TV would send their signal directly to the net, I didn't try ustream until RPI's most recent game vs. Union, but the signal was noticeably better.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:35PM

Dunno, but WRPI is playing godawful Eurotrash right now, so, maybe.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:36PM

andyw2100
The stream is playing music now. Will it have one of the radio broadcasts for sound when the game starts?

Thanks!
Yes. WRPI's broadcast will go with it. WRPI won't start broadcasting the game until 6:45 or later.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 06:38PM by ursusminor.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:37PM

ursusminor
andyw2100

Thanks!
Yes. WRPI's broadcast will go with it. WRPI won't start brodcasting the game until 6:45 or later.
So when did Troy's "underground" start playing crap like the soundtrack from The Matrix?

Date: December 04, 2009 06:38PM

Thanks. I'm in Ithaca, so I may try to listen to the Cornell radio broadcast if it stays reasonably in sync with the video.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:39PM

That sounds like a pep band, so I'm going to assume game audio is a go.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:41PM

Lauren '06
That sounds like a pep band, so I'm going to assume game audio is a go.

It was. Gone now, though.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:42PM

And they even manage to get a clock on their broadcast!

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)

Every away game, and especially tonight's, the hosts' webcasts put Redcast to shame.

Jacob '06
And they even manage to get a clock on their broadcast!
Although the lights have just done very dim.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:43PM

RedCast audio, it goes without saying, is not yet up.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:46PM

RedCast up 15 minutes late and deep in a tunnel.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:48PM

Well, Brendon Nash haters: you now have more ammo.

Date: December 04, 2009 06:50PM

Kyle Rose
Well, Brendon Nash haters: you now have more ammo.
Can you explain to those not listening to the Redcast audio?

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.unknown.charter.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 06:56PM

Most cliched introductions ever.

Date: December 04, 2009 07:02PM

Video off air now. Ugh.

Date: December 04, 2009 07:03PM

Reload it.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:07PM

Lauren '06
Or free here:

[www.ustream.tv]

Thanks!!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:11PM

imafrshmn
Every away game, and especially tonight's, the hosts' webcasts put Redcast to shame.

I think we should switch to b2, since we'd have a lot of away games included in the season package.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:38PM

Kyle Rose

Yeah but imagine how much money they must be losing.

Redcast is pay and the powers that be have already made it perfectly clear that they're losing money, we're lucky to have anything at all, and ours is better quality screwy
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 07:39PM by ScrewBU.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:43PM

ScrewBU
Kyle Rose

Redcast is pay and the powers that be have already made it perfectly clear that they're losing money, we're lucky to have anything at all, and ours is better quality screwy

The major difference is that this broadcast is just a port of a TV broadcast. From what I can gather they have a campus TV station that is filming the game and broadcasting. (I assume this means they probably have much nicer cameras and production equipment than some small webcast operation that rolls in just for games) Then they aren't hosting the video at all, they are just streaming through ustream which probably solves a lot of the bandwidth issues. It would be great if we could implement a system like this, but we don't have a campus TV station.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 07:43PM

RPI tv wants our feedback: Sports@rpitv.org.

Maybe we can inquire as to what their rates are and how we can get them to do all the Cornell games?

Date: December 04, 2009 07:45PM

Rita
RPI tv wants our feedback: Sports@rpitv.org.

Maybe we can inquire as to what their rates are and how we can get them to do all the Cornell games?
cheercheercheer

Date: December 04, 2009 08:30PM

Jacob '06
ScrewBU
Kyle Rose

The major difference is that this broadcast is just a port of a TV broadcast. From what I can gather they have a campus TV station that is filming the game and broadcasting. (I assume this means they probably have much nicer cameras and production equipment than some small webcast operation that rolls in just for games) Then they aren't hosting the video at all, they are just streaming through ustream which probably solves a lot of the bandwidth issues. It would be great if we could implement a system like this, but we don't have a campus TV station.

I'm not trying to argue, honest, but to host on ustream you (in theory) need nothing else than a webcam and a laptop. As you say yourself, they take care of the bandwidth issues. So what costs so much, the camera crews? The cameras? There are seriously cheap 1080p cameras out there, and I'm sure you could find 2-3 guys that would do it for low/no cost. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

Posted by: releck97 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 04, 2009 09:49PM

RPI TV Video and Audio put Time Warner to shame. I bow to the quality of the video Friday night. Perhaps CU needs to enlist the services of ICTV to cover their games...They have proven to understand how to produce sports programs...unlike the "pros".

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2009 10:14PM

I would think if CU offered a group a deal on getting into the game they could get camera coverage for next to nothing and stream it.. the bigger issue might be that while CU is losing money on the package its unclear if that means on every sport.. if hockey-bball-lax left the fold for example they might might really be losing money and they only those games might be shown and not several sports like now..

they really need to create some club to handle it, offer them access to the games when they aren't recording and make the club resonible for producting multiple sports..

if there are 20 in the club and all get into hockey and 2 have to work thegame thats a pretty good deal for both,

Posted by: RichH (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 12:37AM

ScrewBU
I'm not trying to argue, honest, but to host on ustream you (in theory) need nothing else than a webcam and a laptop. As you say yourself, they take care of the bandwidth issues. So what costs so much, the camera crews? The cameras? There are seriously cheap 1080p cameras out there, and I'm sure you could find 2-3 guys that would do it for low/no cost. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

I guess I'll be the one to make a reference to it (and several beers in Albany will do that) but they (we) already had a volunteer setup which was providing it all for no cost to them, but politics forced us into these different directions of corporate dealings and "losing money" as the meme goes.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 01:04AM

RichH
ScrewBU

I guess I'll be the one to make a reference to it (and several beers in Albany will do that) but they (we) already had a volunteer setup which was providing it all for no cost to them, but politics forced us into these different directions of corporate dealings and "losing money" as the meme goes.
To be fair, we have many more sports we can watch now.

Date: December 05, 2009 01:25AM

releck97
RPI TV Video and Audio put Time Warner to shame. I bow to the quality of the video Friday night. Perhaps CU needs to enlist the services of ICTV to cover their games...They have proven to understand how to produce sports programs...unlike the "pros".
To the best of my knowledge, RPI TV is a student club. Certainly RHamilton, the member of RPI TV who posts on USCHO, is an undergrad.

Posted by: RichH (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: December 05, 2009 01:43AM

Jim Hyla
RichH
ScrewBU

Very fair, Jim...both to us and to the athletes & families who benefit from the "other sports" coverage. Also, to be fair, personally, I've rarely had problems with the quality or reliability of the RedCast since ICS was given the duties.

Date: December 05, 2009 12:57PM

RichH
Jim Hyla
RichH
ScrewBU

Very fair, Jim...both to us and to the athletes & families who benefit from the "other sports" coverage. Also, to be fair, personally, I've rarely had problems with the quality or reliability of the RedCast since ICS was given the duties.

Well there you go, Redcast does cover lots of other sports, and I'm sure that adds significant overhead. And it definitely is valuable to the fans and parents.

I do remember the volunteer setup, I didn't want to say anything for fear of opening old wounds. But it was extremely well done back then, and when you start to look at what's out there in 2009 in terms of technology....put it this way, I would like to see what the volunteers could come up with and compare that to Redcast.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: December 09, 2009 12:17PM

I forgot to mention that the game is available online now in high definition [www.rpitv.org].

Posted by: mnagowski (---.allfirst.com)
Date: December 09, 2009 02:42PM

I do remember the volunteer setup, I didn't want to say anything for fear of opening old wounds. But it was extremely well done back then, and when you start to look at what's out there in 2009 in terms of technology....put it this way, I would like to see what the volunteers could come up with and compare that to Redcast.

I don't think there is anything stopping a student organization from doing this, much like Slope TV has been streaming the basketball games. It's a simple matter of involvement and inertia, just like the idea of student-organized bus trips to away games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login