Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NC Weekend

Posted by Jim Hyla 
NC Weekend
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2017 08:27AM

It looks like the live streaming of the SLU game is free and avilable here.

Archived games, for those who'll need to do that, are $8.

I seem to remember that the stream of Clarkson was also free, but their site doesn't yet say that.

However Clarkson doesn't keep archives and that's a problem for me. I've tried to record every CU game, through live recording when I watch, or archived games when I attend. Since I plan to make the NC trip, I won't be recording live. I'll try and set it up ahead of time, but I've found that I often fail in that endeavor. So I'm wondering if anyone else would be recording and could send me a copy. I wouldn't expect you to edit it, just the copy and I'll work with it.

Any takers?

Here's the CU report on the weekend.

Re: NC Weekend
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: February 14, 2017 08:48AM

HA! Because you're the optimistic one that predicts all Ws in Greg's contest, I took "NC Weekend" to mean "National Championship Weekend."

Silly me.screwy

I'd do it for you but don't have the capability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 08:48AM by TimV.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.jordanhospital.org)
Date: February 14, 2017 09:43AM

Somewhere on the Clarkson site I saw that it's free.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 14, 2017 09:56AM

IIRC Clarkson has two streams. The higher quality one had a limit and when it fills the rest spill over onto the low quality one. Though both are actually pretty damn sweet.

RPI and Clarkson are tier 3 tech schools that produce great streams. Cornell Eng can't do better than Quinnipiac. Hrmpf.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2017 11:23AM

Trotsky
IIRC Clarkson has two streams. The higher quality one had a limit and when it fills the rest spill over onto the low quality one. Though both are actually pretty damn sweet.

RPI and Clarkson are tier 3 tech schools that produce great streams. Cornell Eng can't do better than Quinnipiac. Hrmpf.

Clarkson may have a great stream, but no archives. So for me, that downgrades them. Not just because I can't record the game, but later you can't post clips or review controversy.

What does Cornell Eng (You do mean Engineering?) have to do with the streaming?

Date: February 14, 2017 12:38PM

Jim Hyla

The 1s and 0s guys are split between CS/Eng and CS/A&S IIRC.

Posted by: marty (104.129.194.---)
Date: February 14, 2017 12:57PM

Jim Hyla

However Clarkson doesn't keep archives and that's a problem for me. I've tried to record every CU game, through live recording when I watch, or archived games when I attend. Since I plan to make the NC trip, I won't be recording live. I'll try and set it up ahead of time, but I've found that I often fail in that endeavor. So I'm wondering if anyone else would be recording and could send me a copy. I wouldn't expect you to edit it, just the copy and I'll work with it.

Any takers?

I don't think I can help as I'll either be at the Big Red Freakout/Alumni Recognition Night/Senior Night at RPI or possibly at my church's "Cabin Fever" partywhistle.

RPI didn't want to play the Freakout vs. Cornell as they were looking to boost attendance $ but to have it on Senior Night and in addition to jam the place with their annual alumni group seems like a bad idea. Now if the Fridge were still coaching it would enhance the likelihood of a win over QPuke, but Freakouts have been much less a positive force under Appert. Still, Cornell can hope the crowd gives RPI a boost.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2017 01:18PM

marty
Jim Hyla

Any takers?

I don't think I can help as I'll either be at the Big Red Freakout/Alumni Recognition Night/Senior Night at RPI or possibly at my church's "Cabin Fever" partywhistle.

RPI didn't want to play the Freakout vs. Cornell as they were looking to boost attendance $ but to have it on Senior Night and in addition to jam the place with their annual alumni group seems like a bad idea. Now if the Fridge were still coaching it would enhance the likelihood of a win over QPuke, but Freakouts have been much less a positive force under Appert. Still, Cornell can hope the crowd gives RPI a boost.

I thought that BRF! is not against Cornell because it would not make sense to play it against team called The Big Red.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2017 03:56PM

The Cornell article about the weekend's games includes links to both video broadcasts:

[cornellbigred.com]

Date: February 14, 2017 04:13PM

andyw2100
The Cornell article about the weekend's games includes links to both video broadcasts:

[cornellbigred.com]
Thanks!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.syrcny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 14, 2017 05:17PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla

But do any of those have anything to do with our ILDN streaming?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2017 06:33PM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
Jim Hyla

But do any of those have anything to do with our ILDN streaming?
I was just pointing out the irony that the school with presumably stronger STEM alumni is -- oh, just forget it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login