Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell @ Harvard 1/17/14

Posted by flyersgolf 
Cornell @ Harvard 1/17/14
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2014 07:48PM

Fantastic start, very physical, lots of energy. Very nice goals by Dias and Hilbrich. Video is worst this season will ask for refund it is so bad. Harvard play by play's first game?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 07:51PM by flyersgolf.

Re: Cornell @ Harvard 1/17/14
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2014 09:22PM

My feed was great. Had to listen to cheesy H undergrads, but video was very sharp. What was wrong with yours?

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2014 09:24PM

Mine was fine also. Only thing that irked me was the one blind corner.

Date: January 17, 2014 09:26PM

The video was blurry, choppy and out of focus. Like redcast was. I have verizon fios and this is the worst broadcast of the year for me. It is usually so good we put it up on the big flat screen. Definitely not a high def feed tonight. Other feeds worked great.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2014 09:26PM

Cop at Lynah
Mine was fine also. Only thing that irked me was the one blind corner.

Yeah, I thought I was back at the old Yankee Stadium before the mid-70's renovation got rid of the poles.

Date: January 17, 2014 09:31PM

Great game though, Cornell easily could have won by four with a little luck. Still seems they have a hard time keeping up the team intensity up till the end. Bardreau is not one of them.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2014 09:37PM

flyersgolf
The video was blurry, choppy and out of focus.
Not here. Here it was a great feed. Camera placement was poor, to say the least, and Bright's incandescent lighting drowned the puck somewhat in the wide angle shot, but in general it was quite a good feed. I don't have any serious complaints about ILDN considering what we put up with the last few years.

The game -- we could easily have blown it. We're clearly the better team but when we made mistakes they capitalized. In the post-game Topher noted that we were seduced into playing run and gun in the second half of the second period and paid for it.

This was also one of Andy's best games of the season.

I'll take it; tomorrow is a classic trap game so hopefully we don't come out asleep.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 09:40PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2014 09:45PM

The feed out of Thompson rink is among the best I've seen (except RPI's, of course, Ralph) so tomorrow night should be better flyersgolf.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 17, 2014 10:27PM

Trotsky

This was also one of Andy's best games of the season.
Agree that Iles bailed us out in the third period. We also caught a break when a Harvard shot hit the crossbar in the first minute of the final period.
A weird game in many ways: no powerplay goals but two shorthanded goals; two goals by us in the final 20 seconds of a period -- if we had scored an ENG at end of game we could have had a goal in final 20 seconds of each period!
Great forecheck by Ferlin to set up game-winning goal. Lowry also had a lot of good shifts.
Harvard pep band replaced by a middle school band which featured 10 percussionists. Unlike the Harvard band, they were all there well before the game began. They also sounded nearly as good as Harvard band usually sounds.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 17, 2014 11:32PM

The second goal against was a textbook example of no-hustle. The Cornell defender (didn't see the number clearly enough) was just like, "la dee da... I'm moseying toward the puck...", completely oblivious to the forechecker gaining on him, shortly followed by a turnoverw, and a quick shot and goal. That is exactly the kind of goal Cornell can't afford give up: total crap.

Otherwise, I thought Cornell played quite well and deserved to win the game by a larger margin.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2014 12:17AM

dbilmes

Harvard pep band replaced by a middle school band which featured 10 percussionists. Unlike the Harvard band, they were all there well before the game began. They also sounded nearly as good as Harvard band usually sounds.

I think Cornell should reach out to do this same thing when the college students are on break. As a former pep band person back in middle and high school, my band would've loved to do this.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 18, 2014 08:41AM

Bahnstorm
dbilmes

I think Cornell should reach out to do this same thing when the college students are on break. As a former pep band person back in middle and high school, my band would've loved to do this.

Cornell did have a local high school band ready to play at the UMAss game last Friday which ended up being canceled.

Posted by: sockralex (---.sub-70-215-11.myvzw.com)
Date: January 18, 2014 09:00AM

Bahnstorm
dbilmes

Oh thank god. I was sitting there last night saying how young the band looks and that the Harvard kids look like they're in middle school. My wife said I was just old. Vindicated!!

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2014 09:57AM

the word was the Ithaca HS band was going to play

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2014 11:16AM

Winning is the best.

This game looked like the msg game to me, with one big difference: we actually scored on some of our chances. Lots of energy, lots of offense, lots of really bad turnovers that the other guys capitalized on.

I, for one, welcome our new end-to-end high-flying team. Three BEAUTIFUL goals.

All that said, thank goodness for Andy keeping us in the game during the third.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login