Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Colgate 12/7

Posted by Trotsky 
Colgate 12/7
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 06:34PM

Mowrey and Knisely out, Lowry and Freschi at center.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 06:34PM by Trotsky.

Re: Colgate 12/7
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 06:39PM

Trotsky
Injuries?

Date: December 07, 2013 06:48PM

Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
Injuries?
Yes, unspecified.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 06:53PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
Injuries?
Yes, unspecified.
Thanks

Posted by: MattS (---.sub-174-254-164.myvzw.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 08:32PM

Apparently Schafer wasn't happy with scoring so many goals and he's decided that reverting to sending one man on the forecheck and the other 4 standing around doing nothing is the best way to win.

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 08:33PM

Did Jayson say Cornell vs. Penn State at MSG next year?

Posted by: MattS (---.sub-174-254-164.myvzw.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 08:35PM

flyersgolf
Did Jayson say Cornell vs. Penn State at MSG next year?

Yes

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 08:37PM

Was actually hoping Penn State would ask Cornell to play at Wachovia.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 07, 2013 09:20PM

Brian Ferlin needs to learn to fire the rock whenever he's within 12 feet of the net, and Christian Hilbrich is Tony Bergin II at this point.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 09:40PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: WillCMJr (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 10:48PM

Anyone know what happened with that shot early in the 3rd. Cornell appeared to score, everyone around me thought the puck was in and bounced right back out. Didn't hear a post, nothing. Anyone get another angle or see it on redcast, replay, etc.?

Thanks

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 11:22PM

flyersgolf
Was actually hoping Penn State would ask Cornell to play at Wachovia.
Yeah its a much nicer place to see a hockey game, the ice isn't horrific, and I don't have to travel all the way to NYC to see the game.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 11:39PM

I thought that was an interesting game. CU looked great on the 5x3 PP. And I thought carried the play for some decent stretches. They could have easily won and just as easily have lost.

Hilbrich had maybe his best game. He looked like he's starting to use his size some and control the play instead of reacting to it.

Lowry looks like he's "missing" most of the game. I'm not sure what it is or why. It's just my impression.

Ferlin needs to think shoot first and pass second. He needs to be selfish. Otherwise he's skating around with the puck, looking fancy, but producing nothing. It was odd to see him on the box so much.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 03:21PM by MattS.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2013 11:42PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio
Trotsky
Injuries?
Yes, unspecified.

I was told, Mowrey concussion at MSG and Knisley unspecified extremity. They didn't know of the concussion during the BU game.

Date: December 08, 2013 03:36AM

MattS
Lowry looks like he's "missing" most of the game. I'm not sure what it is or why. It's just my impression.

On TV he looked good on rushes but awful when trying to get back. He had that ramrod-straight, cruising you usually see when a guy's been stuck out there 20 extra seconds and is wiped.

Maybe there's a kind of mono that only works when you go one direction.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2013 10:53AM

Yet again, the student sections seemed pretty dead for large stretches of the game, even during pivotal moments later on, like when Sections A & B sounded like a library just a minute or two after Bardreau's tying goal.

The most animated I saw the crowd get was around us in Section L when Goulakos and Gentzler were in the box following the big scrum with Buckles. Some guy (don't believe he was actually from L or any of the surrounding sections) came down the stairs to pound on the glass and tell Goulakos that he was going to find him after the game and kick his ass. Since we're normally a pretty civilized bunch, the ushers didn't really seem to notice what was going on, other than the penalty box attendant sort of half-heartedly telling the guy to get lost. Nonetheless, Goulakos and Gentzler got into it with the guy (who quickly left), and then some other younger fans in L & M, with all sorts of threats of physical violence being tossed back and forth, and ending with Goulakos squirting a water bottle over the top of the box into the crowd (nice behavior from their captain), earning him a stiff rebuke from the ref.

The ushers did come down to tell everyone to knock it off shortly after, although I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone in a "townie section" be reprimanded.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 10:55AM by sah67.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2013 11:23AM

sah67
The ushers did come down to tell everyone to knock it off shortly after, although I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone in a "townie section" be reprimanded.
The officials in yellow vests or slickers, those are ushers are campus police? During the incident, two officials in yellow came down the aisle next to the visitor penalty box to interpose themselves between the Colgate scofflaw and the crowd.

Date: December 08, 2013 12:06PM

sah67
Yet again, the student sections seemed pretty dead for large stretches of the game, even during pivotal moments later on, like when Sections A & B sounded like a library just a minute or two after Bardreau's tying goal.

They must have improved/moved the mic on the crowd; they actually sounded really lively on the broadcast.

Some guy (don't believe he was actually from L or any of the surrounding sections) came down the stairs to pound on the glass and tell Goulakos that he was going to find him after the game and kick his ass.

Alcohol was presumed involved? One of the best things about college hockey is the absence of douchenozzles like that. Learned beavior from watching NHL games.

ending with Goulakos squirting a water bottle over the top of the box into the crowd (nice behavior from their captain), earning him a stiff rebuke from the ref.

That should have earned a 10 and/or a game. The video may have given a false impression but I was shocked both Buckles and Goulakos didn't get the heave. Buckles was straddling a guy on the ice, helmets off, wailing on him, the second time he's lost his mind during a game. Lowry needs to give that lad a few lessons in ahem "situational awareness."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 12:11PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2013 12:18PM

Trotsky
The video may have given a false impression but I was shocked both Buckles and Goulakos didn't get the heave.

Wasn't Goulakos also the one who (along with McCarron) started the handshake line brawl last year?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2013 12:31PM

A bandie mentioned in an email that the band was asked not to refer to players by their first names last night. I'm not sure if that came from an usher or an Athletics representative, but I'm assuming the latter.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2013 03:26PM

sah67

The most animated I saw the crowd get was around us in Section L when Goulakos and Gentzler were in the box following the big scrum with Buckles. Some guy (don't believe he was actually from L or any of the surrounding sections) came down the stairs to pound on the glass and tell Goulakos that he was going to find him after the game and kick his ass. Since we're normally a pretty civilized bunch, the ushers didn't really seem to notice what was going on, other than the penalty box attendant sort of half-heartedly telling the guy to get lost. Nonetheless, Goulakos and Gentzler got into it with the guy (who quickly left), and then some other younger fans in L & M, with all sorts of threats of physical violence being tossed back and forth, and ending with Goulakos squirting a water bottle over the top of the box into the crowd (nice behavior from their captain), earning him a stiff rebuke from the ref.

I agree with you on the student sections.They are way too quiet and uninvolved.

That was interesting development at the penalty box. I sit in M and have never seen that guy before, not that I know everyone in the section just that he didn't look familiar.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 07:25PM by MattS.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2013 07:40PM

RichH
A bandie mentioned in an email that the band was asked not to refer to players by their first names last night. I'm not sure if that came from an usher or an Athletics representative, but I'm assuming the latter.
Seems like a pretty random restriction. Any rationale given?

Posted by: KGR11 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 08, 2013 09:58PM

RichH

In 2010 or 2011, the ushers started to toss the telephone cheer leaders out of games. Eventually, the cheer leaders stopped using the sieve's name and the ushers stopped kicking them out. That e-mail sounds pretty similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login