Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Synergy

Posted by jtwcornell91 
Synergy
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 03:55PM

This doesn't happen often, but the jersey ad at lower left is making the world a better place. I.e., a place where Cornell hockey fans know they can buy Cornell jersey replicas that actually look like Cornell jerseys and not Red Wings blanks with "CORNELL" written on them. Good choice, Age. B-]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Synergy
Posted by: Lowell '99 (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 04:09PM

I saw these a little while ago on an absent-minded Google search, but was a little skeptical of shelling out so much cash for something I haven't seen. Anybody able to vouch for the quality?

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 05:47PM

Looking at my Lopatka jersey (circa 1996), it sure seems like my red sleeve stripes are farther towards the cuff than on those pics. Did they move the stripes higher up the sleeve sometime since then?

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 05:50PM

I got one for Christmas and I'm happy with it. I haven't seen other versions to compare it to though. Of course, when I wear it to the Shark Tank, everyone assumes I'm wearing a Red Wings jersey anyway and gives me dirty looks. The sizes are very generous -- I'm 5'8" and you could easily fit two or three of me in the Large I have.

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 10:23PM

So they are 20 bucks less than game worn ones, right?

I was wondering if anyone had a history of the Cornell jersey over time... someone was trying to tell me that the away one had a sleeve pattern like the Red Wings back in the day? Anyone know? (If only Age had been taking such quality digital photos back in the 60s and 70s!)

LGR!

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: January 24, 2003 10:44PM

I don't recall any Cornell jersey with the weird sleeve pattern of the Red Wing or BU jerseys.

Re: Game-worn uniforms
Posted by: Ken71 (---)
Date: January 25, 2003 08:37AM

I don't know whether the terms have changed, but I got my game-worn jersey quickly last year (just as the team was leaving for Lake Placid) from Teagle for $100. No tax, no delivery charge. You have to choose from the ones available. No names on the back, but the ECAC and CCM logos are present.

Ken '71

Re: Game-worn uniforms (update from another satisfied customer)
Posted by: Hillel (---)
Date: January 25, 2003 04:05PM

I got my game-worn jersey over the holidays while visiting my family. Although John Hayes' description of the process on Adriano's FAQ is dead-on, I'll add a few more observations.

The guy who handles the process in the Teagle issue room, William Reynolds, responded promptly to my spur-of-the-moment, holiday-impulse-purchase e-mail of inquiry. He's kind and patient.

It was interesting to see what was in stock. I came looking for a Paolini (home or road)--why not dream, right?--but his parents had bought 'em all. As you might expect, there are a lot more choices in road/red (est. 30-50) than home/white (est. 15-25), and many of the remaining home/white ones are pretty trashed. Fine with me--I prefer the road/red version of the current CU kit. Most of the sweaters appear to be '01 or '02 vintage, although there are quite a few that appear to be at least one to five years older than that, mostly in road/red. Name plates were removed (as John and Ken describe), with at least one exception: I found a Jason Kendall '97 (?) road/red, with name plate. All the non-goalie jerseys are one size (bleepin' huge). The goalie sweaters are even more spinnaker-like, as they should be. Ken's right, all of 'em have ECAC and brand patches (although they're not all CCM--it depends on the year, since CU has changed makes a few times).

In the end, I went with a circa-'99ish Mike Rutter (#8) in road/red (Bauer). It's old, but I kinda dig the old-school ECAC logo with the torch (which to my eye is so dorky and dated that it's retro-cool). Besides, why not go for good kharma? Nice to know its occupant hoisted the Whitelaw at one point in his career.

I'm happy, but I suppose there are benefits of going with a replica: It's a wee bit cheaper, you can pick the number, you can get a nameplate, and you can pick the size. But lawdy don't get that Koronis thing. Those BU-style shoulder overlays make me wanna hurl. Al is right--Cornell has never worn anything like 'em.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: January 25, 2003 04:30PM

Assuming a number is "custom embroidery," it would actually cost considerably more to get one of the replicas complete with a number.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: January 25, 2003 04:32PM

Actually, the Koronis jerseys are not the BU style, but actual replicas of the real Cornell jerseys.

Date: January 25, 2003 04:38PM

That's good news for replica-seekers, Adriano. Thanks for the correction. I must be thinking about another one of the manufacturers (at least one of 'em is doing the Red Wing Thing).

Date: January 25, 2003 04:47PM

The ones they sell at the games are certainly Red Wings knock-offs. I was surprised to see these, and was largely the reason I decided to put the ad up.

Re: Game-worn uniforms
Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: January 26, 2003 02:53AM

Ken Deschere wrote:

...but the ECAC and CCM logos are present.
They've actually started removing the ECAC patches from the game-worn jerseys before they sell them. Just an FYI if anyone cares.

ECAC logos
Date: January 26, 2003 03:19PM

Josh Herman sez: "They've actually started removing the ECAC patches..."

They may have started to do so, but most of the ones I saw in December seemed to have their ECAC patches. That may be because I was looking mostly at the road/red stock, which appeared to be largely '01 and earlier. The '99ish-'00ish sweater I chose still has the ECAC patch (the old one with the torch, color-shifted to Cornell's red & white).

Re: ECAC logos
Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: January 27, 2003 03:10AM

Hillel J. Hoffmann '85 wrote:

They may have started to do so, but most of the ones I saw in December seemed to have their ECAC patches. That may be because I was looking mostly at the road/red stock, which appeared to be largely '01 and earlier. The '99ish-'00ish sweater I chose still has the ECAC patch (the old one with the torch, color-shifted to Cornell's red & white).
Jerseys from previous years do indeed still have the ECAC patch, but the ones from last season (such as the one I bought, on which you can clearly read the residue of a "Downs" nameplate) do not.

ones at the game
Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: January 27, 2003 10:20AM

so the ones at the game are Red Wing rip-offs? Just curious b/c they are cheaper. I may have to get one at this site then :-)
thanks for the info and i love the link being there, age nut

Posted by: Mark (---)
Date: January 27, 2003 03:37PM

Al/Hillel:

Now that you've both shown an obvious lack of decorum with your criticisms concerning the style of BU's jerseys, let's just see you make fun of the striped socks the Terriers wear. You know, the same ones the Big Red wear. ;-)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: January 27, 2003 05:01PM

Mark wrote:

Al/Hillel:

Now that you've both shown an obvious lack of decorum with your criticisms concerning the style of BU's jerseys, let's just see you make fun of the striped socks the Terriers wear. You know, the same ones the Big Red wear. ;-)
As long as they're "over-the-calf," how could anyone find them objectionable?;-)

Date: January 27, 2003 05:22PM

Brother Mark, I think that Boston University's uniforms (and the Detroit Red Wings uniforms that may have inspired them) are absolute classics. I'd put 'em on my top 10 list of all-time greatest NCAA jerseys, without a millisec of hesitation. I was objecting to the concept of Cornell sweater replicas that featured the Cornell logo slapped onto an obvious Red Wings template.

[Aside: You know what jerseys I absolutely loved? The circa 1960-1970ish RPI jerseys with the badass san serif "RPI in a circle" logo.]

Posted by: Mark (---)
Date: January 28, 2003 11:20AM

Hillel:

No sweat, I was just giving you and Al a hard time. Anything in Red and White looks good to me.

I think I drew the instigator penalty due to my frustration of seeing BU outshoot the No. 5 team in the country 16-4 in its own rink in the first period on Saturday night and still lose.

Although it would most likely lead to BU's extinction, I'd like to see a Cornell-BU matchup in the opening round of the NCAAs in Worcester, if only to see the Terriers give a much better effort than they did in the Lost Weekend in Ithaca.

But while the Big Red are well on their way to the Round of 16, BU still has plenty of work to do.

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:19PM

So are all of you guys going to look down upon me when I show up at Bright in my white Red Wings knockoff? I even managed to get them to authentically put on good old number 99...my favorite player...

:-D

Also...out of curiosity...did the Cornell away jersey ever have a white ring around the neck like the Koronis version does? I never remembered it, and I checked Age's current away game pics and don't see it...

Koronis and the Campus Store
Posted by: tml5 (---)
Date: January 28, 2003 05:13PM

Er, sorry, the "Cornell Store" - hey, am I allowed to say that here, or am I infringing on a copyright?

Anyway, the campus store is now selling the Koronis replicas for about $90. Maybe $85. So if you abhor ordering stuff online, or just can't wait to get your jersey, or if you just want to look at them, there they are. Non-Ithacans are stuck, I'm afraid.

Hey, Age, do you think they used the ELynah discount? (I know, I know, they probably buy in bulk).

Re: Koronis and the Campus Store
Date: January 28, 2003 06:21PM

For what it's worth, I do get a cut, so if you are planning on getting one from the Cornell Store, please consider supporting eLynah and buying though the link. Thanks :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login