Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Alumni in the Pros:October

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Cornell Alumni in the Pros:October
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 11:23AM

Poll
When Will the NHL Season Begin?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
43 votes were received.
November 4

9%
December 15

35%
January 8

19%
Next Fall 10

23%
Who Cares? 6

14%

We probably won't have a lot to post, but Murray returns home.

Re: Cornell Alumni in the Pros:October
Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:11PM

My question is whether we'll pick up some (probably hush-hush) unpaid "assistant coaches" during the lockout. Let's see... Scrivens, O'Byrne, Murray, Moulson, Greening, and Nash. Don't know who's going to play right wing, but that'd be OK. Toughest competition the boys would see all year.

Sure did work well when someone else was on his own "personal lockout" in '95–'96...
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 01:14PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:20PM

Scersk '97
My question is whether we'll pick up some (probably hush-hush) unpaid "assistant coaches" during the lockout. Let's see... Scrivens, O'Byrne, Murray, Moulson, Greening, and Nash. Don't know who's going to play right wing, but that'd be OK. Toughest competition the boys would see all year.

Sure did work well when someone else was on his own "personal lockout" in '95–'96...
Riley Nash, Greening and Scrivens are all young enough that they're getting stored in the AHL. As for Moulson, I expect him to go overseas. My only guess is maybe Brendon Nash or O'Byrne comes back.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:20PM

Scersk '97

Riley Nash, Greening and Scrivens are all young enough that they're getting stored in the AHL. As for Moulson, I expect him to go overseas. My only guess is maybe Brendon Nash or O'Byrne comes back.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:31PM

css228

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about the two-wayed-ness of their contracts.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: October 06, 2012 01:57PM

css228
Scersk '97

Ryan O'Byrne is working as an assistant coach for the Victoria Grizzlies of the BCHL. He's coaching current Cornell recruit Nolan DeJong (and Cornell target Dante Hahn) and working with new Victoria head coach and former Nanaimo Clippers coach Bill Bestwick.

I read an article that said that with a new baby, Matt Moulson isn't interested in playing overseas and he's just working out in CT. Not sure what his relationship is like with the CU program after Chris left the team.

Posted by: TheMatrix (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2012 07:10PM

Greening's contract is one way. I wondered if I'd be able to catch him in action again in Binghamton, but no such luck.

Scrivens is back with the Marlies.

Riley Nash is back on the Charlotte roster with fellow Cornell alum Justin Krueger.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 09, 2012 12:06PM

pfibiger
I read an article that said that with a new baby, Matt Moulson isn't interested in playing overseas and he's just working out in CT. Not sure what his relationship is like with the CU program after Chris left the team.

Ding ding ding...

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: October 12, 2012 03:46PM

CowbellGuy
pfibiger

Ding ding ding...

I don't speak Bell. Could you elaborate?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 15, 2012 09:32AM

Roy 82
CowbellGuy
pfibiger

Ding ding ding...

Ding ding. Ding, ding ding-ding ding. (Ding ding).

Now I've gone and said too much.

Posted by: Robb (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 10:01AM

CowbellGuy
Roy 82
CowbellGuy
pfibiger

Ding ding ding...

Ding ding. Ding, ding ding-ding ding. (Ding ding).

Now I've gone and said too much.
You got the rhythm wrong.

Posted by: kicksave (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2012 05:40PM

I saw Ryan Vesce at the Red/White game. Apparently he's on his way to play in Sweden.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: October 15, 2012 07:04PM

kicksave
I saw Ryan Vesce at the Red/White game. Apparently he's on his way to play in Sweden.

Whatever happened to the thing where he was stuck in Russia and needed back surgery? Or did that all end up being bunk?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: redice (---.sub-75-194-32.myvzw.com)
Date: October 24, 2012 07:42AM

Colin Greening will become a member of the Aalborg Pirates of the Danish League.
Greening will be the first NHL player to go to Denmark this season as the pickings are becoming slim

rotoworld.com

-Ned Harkness

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login