Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Sexual assault charges against 2nd BU player

Posted by billhoward 
Sexual assault charges against 2nd BU player
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2012 08:06AM

“I hope it’s a horrible coincidence," BU coach Jack Parker was saying after a second BU player was arrested: defenseman Max Nicastro arrested for rape Sunday, forward Corey Trivino for sexual assault Dec. 11. Nicastro has been suspended; Trivino is off the team. [www.boston.com]

Re: Sexual assault charges against 2nd BU player
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 01, 2012 12:12PM

billhoward
“I hope it’s a horrible coincidence," BU coach Jack Parker was saying after a second BU player was arrested: defenseman Max Nicastro arrested for rape Sunday, forward Corey Trivino for sexual assault Dec. 11. Nicastro has been suspended; Trivino is off the team. [www.boston.com]

Charges against Max NiCastro were dropped.

[www.bostonherald.com]

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 06, 2012 05:04PM

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2012 06:28PM

Ladies (and gentlemen), don't let your daughters (and, presumably, sons, albeit on the DL) grow up to be puck bunnies. That's the only way this stops. Otherwise, in the words of Adam Smith, "capital will always find a ready market."
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2012 06:30PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: jtn27 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 06, 2012 08:24PM

Trotsky
Ladies (and gentlemen), don't let your daughters (and, presumably, sons, albeit on the DL) grow up to be puck bunnies. That's the only way this stops. Otherwise, in the words of Adam Smith, "capital will always find a ready market."

Not just "puck bunnies," but all sports ("basketball bunnies?" ). This quote from the article is probably pretty accurate.

Mike Eruzione
I think athletes, men and women, sometimes feel a sense of entitlement because of the stature that they carry at a university -- whether it's a hockey player at BU, football player at Texas or a woman basketball player at UConn. What I was happy about is that they found is that's really nothing drastically wrong with the BU hockey program -- I think it's more the culture of college athletics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2012 08:25PM by jtn27.

Posted by: gomestar (199.67.131.---)
Date: September 07, 2012 10:56AM

from the article posted above:

"Parker released a statement calling the task force's findings "accurate" and said he thinks the report's recommendations "will help our team, other student-athletes, and the student body in general."

details from the actual report. Yikes.
[bostonglobe.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 07, 2012 12:37PM

But the task force found that the team's "elevated social status" on campus led to "frequent sexual encounters with women absent an emotional relationship or ongoing commitment."
I'm shocked. Just SHOCKED! It's a good thing they had a task force to tell us this. I'm sure the University's efforts to implement the task force's recommendations will be effective in elimnating this behavior.

Sexual assault isn't a joke. But thinking you can stop high status males from using that status to get sex is.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: September 07, 2012 12:47PM

gomestar

"Parker released a statement calling the task force's findings "accurate" and said he thinks the report's recommendations "will help our team, other student-athletes, and the student body in general."

[bostonglobe.com]
Eh. I don't in any way intend to forgive or condone rape or sexual assault or any other kind of violent crime, and I'm glad those two players were punished, but "college athletes get drunk, have lots of meaningless sex, throw wild party after winning championship" is the biggest non-story there is. The same thing happens at every college in the country.

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: September 07, 2012 01:32PM

Josh '99
gomestar

[bostonglobe.com]
Eh. I don't in any way intend to forgive or condone rape or sexual assault or any other kind of violent crime, and I'm glad those two players were punished, but "college athletes get drunk, have lots of meaningless sex, throw wild party after winning championship" is the biggest non-story there is. The same thing happens at every college in the country.
"You don't ask when you're drunk" (paraphrase because I'm too lazy to click through) is a pretty dangerous attitude for anyone, even a dude who is probably getting consensual commitment-free sex served up on a platter, to have.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: September 07, 2012 02:47PM

Screw BU, or they'll screw you!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.northlandsecurities.com)
Date: September 07, 2012 03:12PM

The Boston Globe article has a little more meat on the bone. Shagging in the penalty box

The most dangerous (albeit unsubstantiated) is that Parker knew what happened at the 2009 national championship party and seemingly handled it in-house versus a more official process. I would think that would be difficult to justify, even for a coaching legend/AD.

Date: September 07, 2012 05:43PM

ugarte
Josh '99
gomestar

[bostonglobe.com]
"You don't ask when you're drunk" (paraphrase because I'm too lazy to click through) is a pretty dangerous attitude for anyone, even a dude who is probably getting consensual commitment-free sex served up on a platter, to have.
Yeah, that line did give me pause, but at the very least I maintain that it's no different at BU than it is anywhere else.

Date: September 07, 2012 05:48PM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
gomestar

[bostonglobe.com]
Yeah, that line did give me pause, but at the very least I maintain that it's no different at BU than it is anywhere else.
That is not an argument in favor of jock culture.

Date: September 07, 2012 06:03PM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
gomestar

[bostonglobe.com]
That is not an argument in favor of jock culture.
No, and it wasn't supposed to be; it's an argument against the media acting like this is some sort of shocking revelation.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2012 11:43PM

French Rage
Screw BU, or they'll screw you!

bananabananabanana

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 11, 2012 12:00AM

From the Globe article:
That is partly because the task force could not find any specific university rule that Parker broke in failing to relay information up BU’s chain of command.

How is this different from the "Lack of institutional control" that concerns the NCAA so much?wtf

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.northlandsecurities.com)
Date: September 11, 2012 01:30PM

Because everyone was a winner at Agganis that night.

Date: September 12, 2012 04:07PM

TimV
From the Globe article:
That is partly because the task force could not find any specific university rule that Parker broke in failing to relay information up BU’s chain of command.

How is this different from the "Lack of institutional control" that concerns the NCAA so much?wtf
The degree of offense and the university/team response to the two assaults that were actually reported. The players were kicked off of the team; that's institutional control.

Failing to respond to a post-championship romp in the penalty box is not a "lack of institutional control" that gets the attention of the NCAA.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login