Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Women's Ice Hockey: 2012 Frozen Four

Posted by RichH 
Cornell Women's Ice Hockey: 2012 Frozen Four
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2012 03:13AM

The team is in sunny Duluth! They deserve a thread separate from the Monthly one, because a Frozen Four is kind of a big deal.

Hopefully, the 3rd time is the charm, ladies!

(photo by mha):

Re: Cornell Women's Ice Hockey: 2012 Frozen Four
Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2012 10:04AM

Love that picture.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: March 15, 2012 11:51AM

[web1.ncaa.org]

Link to the NC$$ internet streams: Wisconsin - BC at 6 pm EDT, Cornell - Minnesota at ~ 9 pm. LGR!!!

Posted by: LilRed (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2012 01:49PM

I'm new to following Big Red to the Frozen Four (without TV network coverage). Do we need to buy into the NCAA.com broadcast coverage to get the live stream? Thanks for any help you can provide. I don't want to miss a second.

Date: March 15, 2012 01:52PM

LilRed
I'm new to following Big Red to the Frozen Four (without TV network coverage). Do we need to buy into the NCAA.com broadcast coverage to get the live stream? Thanks for any help you can provide. I don't want to miss a second.

Actually the women hockey streams are FREE!!!!, So, in this case, thank you NCAA.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 02:21PM by Rita.

Date: March 15, 2012 02:01PM

Seriously? That's great.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2012 02:27PM

Rita
[web1.ncaa.org]

Link to the NC$$ internet streams: Wisconsin - BC at 6 pm EDT, Cornell - Minnesota at ~ 9 pm. LGR!!!

Rita, not to argue, but this page has direct links to the NCAA.com broadcasts. The Women's link should come up as we get closer in time. A number of us are watching wrestling right now on ESPN3.

Date: March 15, 2012 02:32PM

Jim Hyla
Rita
[web1.ncaa.org]

Rita, not to argue, but this page has direct links to the NCAA.com broadcasts. The Women's link should come up as we get closer in time. A number of us are watching wrestling right now on ESPN3.

Thanks Jim. I just remember seeing the link I posted buried in one of the Cornell on, or not on, TV threads. I moved it here so I would have an easier time finding it tomorrow. The NC$$ site is not the easiest to navigate. panic

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2012 02:40PM

Rita
Jim Hyla
Rita
[web1.ncaa.org]

Thanks Jim. I just remember seeing the link I posted buried in one of the Cornell on, or not on, TV threads. I moved it here so I would have an easier time finding it tomorrow. The NC$$ site is not the easiest to navigate. panic

You're welcome.:-DI'd agree with that. It took me a while to get to the direct link page.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:20PM

And, again, thanks to both of you. It never fails - when you anticipate getting the game on TV or online, then come to find out, you don't have something you need....the right plug-in, the right channel, the right link....in the meantime, the game goes on.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2012 09:45PM

Rita
Actually the women hockey streams are FREE!!!!, So, in this case, thank you NCAA.
Hold the applause: Broadcast TV didn't pick up the women's Frozen Four. There's little the money to be made webcasting. So the NCAA makes it free and looks like good guys. It's free only if you disregard the cost of watching all the NCAA house ads.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 15, 2012 10:06PM

Congrats to Laura Fortino and Rebecca Johnston on being named first team all americans, and to Lauriane Rougeau for being named to the second team!!

Posted by: RichH (---.compute-1.amazonaws.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 10:53AM

mattj711
Congrats to Laura Fortino and Rebecca Johnston on being named first team all americans, and to Lauriane Rougeau for being named to the second team!!

Cornell is the only school with three All-Americans. Four AAs came from the East, eight from the WCHA.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2012 11:39PM

The ladies fall to the gophers 3-1, with Minnesota getting an empty net goal with about 30 seconds remaining in the game. Two penalties in the last couple minutes of the game put a significant road block in Cornell efforts to get the equalizer.

Unfortunately, Cornell looked to have bus legs for the first period and went down 2-0 on 2 power play goals by Minnesota. We really turned things around in the second and scored one of our own on the power play. The third was another back and forth period, but we weren't able to overcome the 1st period deficit.

Thank you to the Cornell players and coaches on another great season. A special shout out to the seniors. It has been an amazing four years.

Thank you, seniors!
Posted by: Weder (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 11:49PM

I started following the women's team in 1997, and it's been a great pleasure to see the program transform itself into a national power. It will be tough to see this group of seniors go, but they should be proud of the role they've played. Thank you, ladies.

Re: Thank you, seniors!
Posted by: Tom Lento (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 01:31AM

Weder
I started following the women's team in 1997, and it's been a great pleasure to see the program transform itself into a national power. It will be tough to see this group of seniors go, but they should be proud of the role they've played. Thank you, ladies.

This. Same exact timeframe, too. I went to most of the home games (and even a few road games) in 97-98, and that was a fun team to watch. I also went to roughly every home game in the seasons with single-digit wins, so it's been particularly satisfying to see this team in the national rankings week in and week out. I just wish I'd been able to get to a game in person over the past several years, but it's a bit of a long haul these days.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 12:07PM

mattj711
The ladies fall to the gophers 3-1, with Minnesota getting an empty net goal with about 30 seconds remaining in the game. Two penalties in the last couple minutes of the game put a significant road block in Cornell efforts to get the equalizer.

Unfortunately, Cornell looked to have bus legs for the first period and went down 2-0 on 2 power play goals by Minnesota. We really turned things around in the second and scored one of our own on the power play. The third was another back and forth period, but we weren't able to overcome the 1st period deficit.

Thank you to the Cornell players and coaches on another great season. A special shout out to the seniors. It has been an amazing four years.
Good season, let's go eat.

Re: Thank you, seniors!
Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 17, 2012 02:11PM

Tom Lento
Weder

This. Same exact timeframe, too. I went to most of the home games (and even a few road games) in 97-98, and that was a fun team to watch. I also went to roughly every home game in the seasons with single-digit wins, so it's been particularly satisfying to see this team in the national rankings week in and week out. I just wish I'd been able to get to a game in person over the past several years, but it's a bit of a long haul these days.

Thanks to the team for a great season and a special thanks to this terrific senior class!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login