Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell on TV

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Cornell on TV
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2008 12:32PM

Sparked by ursusminor's recent thread about CU @ RPI being on TW Capital District, I'm starting a listing of all known TV games. Post errors and any more listings as you find them and I'll try and keep this up. Many of them are also replayed later on the cable channel. Please check your local listings. :)

Date  Time   Opp    TV

1/17 7 PM      @RPI   TWCap, TWCNY
 2/14 7 PM      @Hvd   CBS C

CBS C=CBS College Sports

FCS=Fox College Sports

TWCNY=TimeWarner (Syracuse)
TWCap=TimeWarner (Albany) 
TWRoch=TimeWarner(Rochester)

If you know other TW cable companies showing these please post it so I can add them.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:21AM by Jim Hyla.

Re: Cornell on TV
Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 16, 2008 01:19PM

Jim Hyla
FSSN=Fighting Sioux Sports Network

That's racist, sir, and I won't stand for it.

panic

Niagara
Posted by: sah67 (---.scansafe.net)
Date: October 26, 2008 12:33PM

According this post from the CHA thread on the USCHO forums, the 1/10 Niagara game will be televised by the "Niagara Sports Network" which will air locally on RTN 11 (Buffalo) & Time Warner Sports (Rochester & Syracuse).

Re: Niagara
Date: October 26, 2008 03:51PM

sah67
According this post from the CHA thread on the USCHO forums, the 1/10 Niagara game will be televised by the "Niagara Sports Network" which will air locally on RTN 11 (Buffalo) & Time Warner Sports (Rochester & Syracuse).

Thanks, I've listed them. The TW sites don't yet list them, but that's likely because they're not producing them and their schedules don't go that far yet.

Posted by: dragonfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2008 05:39PM

Do you know if the North Dakota games will be on a TW cable channel.

Re: Cornell in NYC?!?
Posted by: Oat (---.c3-0.avec-ubr11.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 28, 2008 06:57PM

Is there a bar in NYC where I can catch all these games on these channels?

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2008 07:21PM

Oat

You can always catch a train to Albany.

The better option is to invest the $60 in RedCast and host viewing parties yourself.

Posted by: sah67 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2008 07:50PM

dragonfan
Do you know if the North Dakota games will be on a TW cable channel.

No, they will not.

Date: October 28, 2008 07:50PM

mnagowski
You can always catch a train to Albany.

The better option is to invest the $60 in RedCast and host viewing parties yourself.

Except there's no video for away games on Redcast.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2008 10:04PM

Oat

Typically, Ship of Fools on 2nd Ave. at 81st St. is our traditional viewing spot. They love us there. I'm planning to give them a call to reserve some space for the Nov. 7 Princeton game, though I'm not sure what kind of crowd to expect at 4pm on a Friday. Maybe I should start a new thread to poll for that.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 29, 2008 08:26AM

Good point. Although sometimes there is, right? I seem to remember that we had access to the Princeton game last year.

Date: October 29, 2008 09:03AM

mnagowski

Good point. Although sometimes there is, right? I seem to remember that we had access to the Princeton game last year.

Yes...I believe Princeton was the one exception last year. I seem to remember there being lots of problem in the attempt to connect to Princeton's system, and with the barrage of oh-so-kind Emails that Internet Consulting Services likely got from us very polite and courteous Cornell fans, who knows if they'll want to try that again? ;)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2008 09:04AM by sah67.

Date: October 29, 2008 09:26AM

You can sometimes get it from othere teams sites.

Re: Cornell on TV - North Dakota webcast via ND net
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2008 10:17AM

North Dakota has its own webcasts we can subscribe to. I believe it's $6 a day or $10 a month. Need to check that the monthly signup isn't automatically recurring. [www.fightingsioux.com]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 01:02PM

Looks like Cornell @ Union and one of the Cornell @ UND games will be broadcast on the NHL network:

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Date: October 30, 2008 08:13PM

pfibiger
Looks like Cornell @ Union and one of the Cornell @ UND games will be broadcast on the NHL network:

Thanks, I've added them.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2008 09:06PM

Jim Hyla
pfibiger

Thanks, I've added them.

Any bars in Ithaca get NHL network? The sports bar next to the Green Street fire station?

Princeton vs. Cornell - Washington, DC
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2008 09:10PM

[www.cornellclubdc.org]

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
639 Indiana Ave, NW
right @ Navy Memorial-Archives Metro station.
CCW says it starts at 5pm, but clearly I'll be there at 4pm.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 02, 2008 10:09PM

Any idea if the Cornell-Princeton broadcast will be on the internet somewhere? Is it even on espn360?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: How do I watch the 11/13 @Colgate game?
Posted by: Oat (155.201.35.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:24PM

Is there a way to get TWCNY (Syracuse) Channel in NYC? Will Ship of Fools be showing this game? I really want to watch it. Is there an online stream?

Re: How do I watch the 11/13 @Colgate game?
Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:33PM

Oat
Is there a way to get TWCNY (Syracuse) Channel in NYC? Will Ship of Fools be showing this game? I really want to watch it. Is there an online stream?

Colgate All-Access.

24 hour purchase is $5.95

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 05:56PM

majorly bummed the harvard game isn't on tonight, the one year I can't go...

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 21, 2008 07:01PM

Doug '08
majorly bummed the harvard game isn't on tonight, the one year I can't go...
Don't worry. You just graduated. There will probably be many more years when you can't go. :-/

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 23, 2008 10:48AM

Excellent. It is already on DirecTV's schedule guide and will now be recorded. I must also say, "Yay! HD!"

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 01:44PM

Hadn't really thought about this before, but I see potential trouble ahead for Friday night's UND game...

We're staying at my in-laws' place in RI for the weekend. Yes, they do get the NHL channel, but they only have one TV. I'm going to have to lobby everyone else to go to the movies or something, and leave me free with the game.

Otherwise, I guess I have to hightail it back home Friday afternoon. I don't think that will get me a DQ, but it might earn me an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty or a Game Misconduct. But hey, priorities are priorities.

LGR!

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 02:18PM

Killer

Otherwise, I guess I have to hightail it back home Friday afternoon. I don't think that will get me a DQ, but it might earn me an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty or a Game Misconduct. But hey, priorities are priorities.

LGR!

Or you could pay $10 for a month of the Sioux Sports Network (or whatever they call it) and watch both games online.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 02:41PM

andyw2100
Killer

LGR!

Or you could pay $10 for a month of the Sioux Sports Network (or whatever they call it) and watch both games online.
I'm thinking, "Merry early Christmas! I bought you a TV! Let me go get this hooked right up." :-}

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 04:08PM

Josh '99
andyw2100
Killer

LGR!

I'm thinking, "Merry early Christmas! I bought you a TV! Let me go get this hooked right up." :-}

Have you considered a career in politics?

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.175.---)
Date: November 24, 2008 05:04PM

It might be possible to watch Saturday's game after all. According to Wikipedia, the Fighting Sioux Sports Network can be found on C-Band (the big dish) @ Galaxy 26 at 93W 12031 V 4880.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2008 02:42PM

cbuckser
It might be possible to watch Saturday's game after all. According to Wikipedia, the Fighting Sioux Sports Network can be found on C-Band (the big dish) @ Galaxy 26 at 93W 12031 V 4880.

Glenn at Ship of Fools in NYC will do a test during Friday night's game to see if he can grab FSSN by that method... if he can, we'll plan on viewing Saturday night's game there, too!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 26, 2008 05:46PM

andyw2100

How? I can't figure out any way to watch this channel online.

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.175.---)
Date: November 26, 2008 06:24PM

ebilmes
andyw2100

How? I can't figure out any way to watch this channel online.

Go to the North Dakota Athletics official site.

Posted by: REDhead (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2008 12:20PM

TWCNY offers the NHL network on the "Sports Tier" package, and will be airing the NoDak game tonight at 8:30 on channel 244. Cost for the package is only $1.95.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.c3-0.bkl-ubr2.sbo-bkl.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 10, 2008 09:57PM

Apparently the 1/10 Niagara game will be carried nationally on one of the Fox College Sports channels. FCS appears to have a deal with Niagara Sports Network. On Niagara's website, the Cornell game is listed as appearing only on NSN. FCS's website has a PDF schedule for their Atlantic feed (link below should load PDF; scroll to bottom) and lists the Cornell game with a (P) next to it which might refer to it being aired on the FCS Pacific feed (that channel does not have its own college hockey pdf schedule). Cornell's website doesn't even list this game as being televised. So much for consistency...anyone know anything more?

Also, DirecTV apparently uses channel 617 to offer select FCS games from any of the 3 FCS feeds...I don't have DirecTV or these channels so can anyone confirm?

Josh

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3121052

Posted by: amerks127 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2008 01:47PM

Clarkson at Bowling Green, 7pm on the NHL Network tonight.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 30, 2008 09:43AM

Looks like the Umass game is available for 9.95 online sunday..

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: December 30, 2008 01:49PM

PM you for details???;-)

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.putnaminv.com)
Date: December 31, 2008 11:02AM

Update on the FCS situation: It seems that the 1/9/09 game will be on FCS isntead of the 1/10/09 game.

See page 3 of this PDF

it's listed on the "network schedule" for FCS Pacific for 1/9/09 at 7pm but it says its showing the 1/10/09 game live in that slot (must be a typo). It's listed on the "monthly highlights" for 1/9/09 at 7pm (see link above). Niagara's schedule now lists the 1/9 game as being televised on NSN instead of the 1/10 game. Some tvguide sites lists the 1/9 game and some say To Be Anounced.

long story short, I think the 1/9 game will be on FCS Pacific though I'd leave a question mark up there...

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 31, 2008 09:34PM

jputterman24
Apparently the 1/10 Niagara game will be carried nationally on one of the Fox College Sports channels. FCS appears to have a deal with Niagara Sports Network. On Niagara's website, the Cornell game is listed as appearing only on NSN. FCS's website has a PDF schedule for their Atlantic feed (link below should load PDF; scroll to bottom) and lists the Cornell game with a (P) next to it which might refer to it being aired on the FCS Pacific feed (that channel does not have its own college hockey pdf schedule). Cornell's website doesn't even list this game as being televised. So much for consistency...anyone know anything more?

Also, DirecTV apparently uses channel 617 to offer select FCS games from any of the 3 FCS feeds...I don't have DirecTV or these channels so can anyone confirm?

Josh

Right! Crazy as it sounds, Comcast here on Cape Cod carries FCS Pacific (it's the only FCS carried here; why Pacific?) and the guide shows Cornell-Niagara hockey live at 7pm, January 9. Thanks, Josh.**]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 09:35PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2009 07:57PM

upperdeck
Looks like the Umass game is available for 9.95 online sunday..

That's makes me smile because my ticket to the game is costing me $8. :-D

Posted by: cbuckser (---.ospd.ca.gov)
Date: January 06, 2009 02:41PM

Al DeFlorio
jputterman24

Josh

Right! Crazy as it sounds, Comcast here on Cape Cod carries FCS Pacific (it's the only FCS carried here; why Pacific?) and the guide shows Cornell-Niagara hockey live at 7pm, January 9. Thanks, Josh.**]

DirecTV's lone FCS channel (617) will show the game, according to DirecTV's online guide.

Date: January 06, 2009 06:13PM

Well I can't find any TW Cable carrying the game this Friday, so it's NSN or FCS(P) or Redcast.

Date: January 06, 2009 06:52PM

Well I can't find any TW Cable carrying the game this Friday, so it's NSN or FCS(P) or Redcast.

I actually sent a nicely worded email to TimeWarner WNY about the lack of Cornell games that they carry. They are carrying Yale-Colgate later this month, but not any Cornell games all season. What's particularly upsetting is that they often only show Syracuse repeats (not just tape delays) when Cornell is being broadcast on the other TW stations across Upstate.

I explained how Cornell offers the best college hockey program in Upstate New York, and wouldn't they like to offer such games to hockey-rabid Buffalo denizens? I never did receive an email back.

That said, it appears that RTN 11 in Buffalo (broadcast signal: WNGS and Channel 11 on TimeWarner) will be carrying the NSN version of the game on Friday.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.putnaminv.com)
Date: January 07, 2009 02:49PM

Finally listed on cornell's site as airing on FCS Pacific...can't wait.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 07, 2009 06:58PM

For whatever it's worth, the Niagara website says the Friday game will be telecast on "Fox College Sports Pacific on Digital Cable, RTN 11 in the Niagara/Buffalo region, or Time Warner Sportsnet in the Albany, Syracuse, and Rochester areas, as well as on channel 617 on DirecTV."

Game preview here: [www.purpleeagles.com]

Date: January 07, 2009 08:38PM

Al DeFlorio
For whatever it's worth, the Niagara website says the Friday game will be telecast on "Fox College Sports Pacific on Digital Cable, RTN 11 in the Niagara/Buffalo region, or Time Warner Sportsnet in the Albany, Syracuse, and Rochester areas, as well as on channel 617 on DirecTV."

Game preview here: [www.purpleeagles.com]

Well, they can say that if they want to, but.....
Albany shows no local sports programming after 7PM
Syracuse has a local HS B'ball game on
Rochester has UConn-RIT hockey

So they can say what they want, but I seriously doubt Syr HS B'ball or RIT hockey are going to be preempted. screwy

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2009 10:33PM

Zap2it shows an UAlbany basketball game on during that time on channel 3 in the Troy area. Normally channel 3 is the spot for games but channel 1 is also used when needed.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2009 11:58PM

Channel 1 on Albany TW is only avaolable thru digital box. I get basic cable just as a backup for when my DirecTV rarely goes out and for the local sports broadcast. Even when our games are only on TW-1, TW forces DirecTV to blackout their channels carrying the event. And you only find this out when you try to tune in.cuss

Date: January 09, 2009 04:40PM

Niagara @ Cornell is on 237 time warner cable.

Date: January 09, 2009 04:44PM

Niagara @ Cornell is on 237 time warner cable and on 26 sat.4:PM.

Date: January 09, 2009 05:18PM

dragonfan
Niagara @ Cornell is on 237 time warner cable.

Thanks, I checked major cities in NY and they all have it:
Syr 237
Roch 227
Alb 672
Buf 151
NYC 454
It's easy to find on any TW, just link for TV listings and search for "college hockey". Don't search for Niagara-Cornell as the schools are not in the listing.

Date: January 10, 2009 03:21PM

CU @ RPI is now listed as to be on TWCNY. Unfortunately Roch. and Buf. have an RIT game, maybe jtw can help them with this;-). So anyone with TW should check their local listing. It's great for me since I'm on-call next weekend and can't travel.banana

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 16, 2009 10:44PM

Jim Hyla
CU @ RPI is now listed as to be on TWCNY.

That one's live on TWCNY Saturday 1/17 at 7:00 PM. TWCNY is also replaying Friday's game at Union on Tuesday 1/20 at 3:00 PM. An inauguration special, perhaps?

Date: January 17, 2009 07:58AM

Jim Hyla
CU @ RPI is now listed as to be on TWCNY. Unfortunately Roch. and Buf. have an RIT game, maybe jtw can help them with this;-). So anyone with TW should check their local listing. It's great for me since I'm on-call next weekend and can't travel.banana

This is a very important question! Is there a way to watch this in NYC or online??

Posted by: jy3 (---.kaleidahealth.org)
Date: January 17, 2009 08:02AM

Anyone know if the game today will be on direct tv? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Date: January 17, 2009 08:44AM

jy3
Anyone know if the game today will be on direct tv? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
Since TW is producing this, I doubt it'll be on satellite. That TW does so many of these is my main reason for not leaving cable.

Posted by: JP72 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:12AM

Albany, NY. TWCable, Channel 3,7PM: Cornell vs. RPI.

Re: On the internet?
Date: January 17, 2009 12:33PM

Can we stream the game over the internet?

Date: January 17, 2009 12:38PM

Oat
Can we stream the game over the internet?
Check this thread. RPI is on b2.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 01:02PM

If there was a stream set up is would be in violation of Time Warner's copyrights. That being said, if someone were to set up a Slingbox could more than one person watch or would he only be able to do this for one friend at a time?

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 02:47PM

if someone does it via justintv the whole world could watch,, make it private and you have less issus though

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login