Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

USCHO Front Page Article on Murray

Posted by Josh '99 
USCHO Front Page Article on Murray
Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 12:13PM

Big Red's Big Swede

Re: USCHO Front Page Article on Murray
Posted by: Mo Kelly (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 12:39PM

Alright Age - say whatever the hell you got to say. Get back to your Murray bashing.

I'm just glad you don't write for USCHO.com.

Mo

Posted by: melissa'01 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 12:47PM

Mo, don't be such a schmuck. Do you try to be a shit disturber, or does it just come naturally?

Posted by: Alan (65.205.40.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 12:51PM

All things aside, I think it is a great article. I like the point made that he hasn't really received overwhelming national recognition. He is a huge factor for the Big Red. I know we keep talking about intangibles, but what would our defense be without the intimidation factor that he brings?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 01:02PM

Maybe not, but they're my photos.

I think we can all be glad that you don't write for them either.

Date: January 16, 2003 02:39PM

melissa,

Sometimes you got to "disturb shit" or else you're gonna end up constipated like Age.

Mo

Posted by: littleredfan (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 02:39PM

Alan: how do you figure? He was an All-American first team last year, Hobey finalist, has been written up on uscho a fair amount, and seems to get a lot of attention from other teams. Though he's not on ESPN, I think he is known in the college hockey world (maybe less so in the West). There prob is an intimidation factor, but there probably is also the point that teams have a target to go after, a player to key in on to shut down (doing so is another story). Yes, he's a big hitter and I'd be afraid of him on the ice...but he is prone to defensive lapses and isn't the best skating defenseman on the team.

Date: January 16, 2003 02:42PM

At least I don't soil myself at the mention of Doug's name like you.

Date: January 16, 2003 02:45PM

What can I say - I eat, sleep, and shit Cornell Hockey.

Mo

Posted by: Ogletorp (207.230.138.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 03:27PM

Melissa,

It's not about being a schmuck, it's about sticking up for the Cornell team and not bashing them. Personally I think Dougie is holding up for himself this year. Dougie had a great year last year and Age (and a small group of others) can't get that out of their one-sided mind. I can guarantee if you ask any player on the team if they think Dougie isn't doing well this year, they will give you a look like you have four heads. Everyone knows, except the "Murray basher" how valuable the Big Swede is to our team. He leads our team and will be a HUGE loss next year.

Best,
Ogie

Date: January 16, 2003 03:34PM

Age,

It just seems like you are proud that you can rip into one of our best players. Does that make you feel good? Hell, I could criticize Wayne Gretzky for never playing physical hockey, but he is still the greatest hockey player of all time (and no I'm not comparing). Sure Dougie makes a few mistakes, but in the end he makes the best plays, hits, shots, and opportunities for the team than any of our other defenseman. Are you still going to bash him when we are at the Frozen Four this year?

Best,
Ogie

Date: January 16, 2003 03:53PM

There is constant criticism that some of our bigger guys are not "strong skaters." I never understand this argument. I mean I'm sure Brian Boitano is a stronger skater than Dougie but would you want him playin the point for the Big Red? Please - I don't care how the job gets done - and Dougie gets the job done. Brain Boitano can go skate for Harvard.

Mo

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 04:08PM

Looks a lot like the article "Number 6" in Faceoff -- but I don't see that credited as a source.

Date: January 16, 2003 04:09PM

Ogletorp wrote:

Are you still going to bash him when we are at the Frozen Four this year?
Chickens... hatching... counting... Something along those lines.

Date: January 16, 2003 04:14PM

Josh Herman '99 wrote

Chickens... hatching... counting... Something along those lines.

Optimistic....glass half full....confident....Something along those lines.

Seriously if we don't believe it who will??? This is our year!!!

Mo

Date: January 16, 2003 04:40PM

Being confident is fine. But there are a lot of other good teams out there. The line between thinking the team will be playing in Buffalo and ASSUMING the team will be playing in Buffalo is the line between confidence and overconfidence.

Date: January 16, 2003 04:45PM

All I knows is I already booked my flight to Buffalo and have my tickets lined up. If that's overconfident then I'm guilty as charged.

Way too much negative energy flyin around eLynah these days. What are you guys all Red Sox fans too???

Mo

Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 05:07PM

What are you guys all Red Sox fans too???

Some of us, yes. help

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 05:18PM

Ogletorp wrote:

It's not about being a schmuck, it's about sticking up for the Cornell team and not bashing them.
Who was bashing? Age hadn't even opened his mouth on this thread when Mo started in on him. And in fact, Age hasn't said anything bad about Murray on this thread. So both of you stop trying to pick a fight, which is what Melissa called Mo out for,

Posted by: gtsully (12.26.72.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 05:28PM

Not all of us Red Sox fans are negative all the time. Just 99%... worry

By the way, Cornell :: Harvard as Red Sox :: Yankees :-P

Posted by: atb9 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 05:33PM

I think that when everyone gets over the euphoria of having a really good team people try to find the things that would make the team take the next step to being truly great. I wouldn't call it negativity.

Date: January 16, 2003 06:20PM

I know he didn't open his mouth on this thread but he has over on USCHO. I was referring to that, not sure about Mo.

If Murray was having such a bad year like some people say, why would Schaffer keep playing him? To me, Schaffer and all the guys on the team know a lot more about hockey than any of us and they all realize how good he is. Obviously Age can have his own opinion, but I would just think that a fan who is as loyal as he is, would not attack players on his favorite team. Just my $.02

Best,
Ogie

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 06:39PM

[Q] Mo Kelly' wrote
Way too much negative energy flyin around eLynah these days. [/Q]

"These days". . .Mo, let's open our eyes to reality here bud. . .you've been "around" eLynah for at best a few weeks and in that period logged a massive 20 posts. Fact is, since you started posting here you've instigated nothing but trouble. I realize your intentions are genuine but you method SUCKS! This is not a forum where people start sh#t like your 12:39 post. If you want to contribute to this board by all means, all are welcome (whether you agree with their view or not). Again, just in case you missed that. . .ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME! Leave the third grade crap at home and act you age.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 07:19PM

I don't think you have been paying attention to recent history.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 10:13PM

Speaking of "the enforcer," anybody know what the outlook is for Hornby? help

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 10:15PM

> By the way, Cornell :: Harvard as Red Sox :: Yankees

Actually, it's Cornell :: Harvard as Yankees::Red Sox. The teams on the left win, the fans of the teams on the right are tiresome whiners. (Note: I actually dislike the Yankees. I just hate Red Sox fans even more.)

To return this thread to its ostensible topic, does anybody know who the Harvard player is that Doug is dry-humping in that picture?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 10:19PM

Sully said:[Q]By the way, Cornell :: Harvard as Red Sox :: Yankees [/Q] Let's see the Yankees are the team that "always" wins, and others love to hate. The Red Sox are the also-rans. So which one is Cornell, and which is Harvard?

Beat me again, Greg.

Posted by: Steve R 02 (12.5.22.---)
Date: January 16, 2003 11:01PM

Yeah, but this is gonna be the year! You heard it here!

LGR(Sox)!

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: January 16, 2003 11:03PM

I dunno, Hahvahd really is the team that others love to hate... and, on an all-sports perspective, is the team that "always" wins. So I have to go w/ Sully on this one.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: January 17, 2003 12:21AM

Yeah, but we're talking hockey.:-)

Date: January 17, 2003 12:28AM

Did we not have a discussion on the root of Hahvahd hatred back around the Hahvahd game time? And was the not consensus generally that we hate them because they win too much and bc they had like a 10 year winning streak against us?

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: January 17, 2003 12:34AM

Well, the ten year drought didn't help any... :-(

Posted by: rhovorka (---)
Date: January 17, 2003 02:13AM

Look...the Red Sox-Yankees thing doesn't work, because those two teams both have very passionate fans. Harvard does not. And each team has beat the other in the playoffs recently. (Although 2002 was the first time HU got over on CU in the postseason since 1994, while CU knocked out HU in 2001, 2000, 1997, and 1996.) Anyway, it's a poor analogy. BU-UNH is probably a better comparison to NYY-BOS. Or Minnesota-North Dakota.

Top 5 Reasons Cornell hates Harvard
Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: January 17, 2003 08:05AM

5. Bill Cleary.

4. The Beer Can Incident

3. The Damn Chicken Thing

2. 10 year losing streak and going home with stinky fish

1. 2002 ECAC Tourney

Re: Top 5 Reasons Cornell hates Harvard
Date: January 17, 2003 08:42AM

Um...check the year on the last one, John.

Date: January 17, 2003 09:12AM

Greg wrote:

To return this thread to its ostensible topic, does anybody know who the Harvard player is that Doug is dry-humping in that picture?

Aaron Kim

Date: January 17, 2003 09:37AM

CowbellGuy wrote:

Greg wrote:

Aaron Kim
Couldn't have picked a more appropriate victim.

Date: January 17, 2003 10:21AM

"These days". . .Mo, let's open our eyes to reality here bud. . .you've been "around" eLynah for at best a few weeks and in that period logged a massive 20 posts. Fact is, since you started posting here you've instigated nothing but trouble. I realize your intentions are genuine but you method SUCKS! This is not a forum where people start sh#t like your 12:39 post. If you want to contribute to this board by all means, all are welcome (whether you agree with their view or not). Again, just in case you missed that. . .ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME! Leave the third grade crap at home and act you age.

Actually Ben the funny thing is I am only in second grade, so I guess I'm acting more than my age. I have been told I'm mature for my age before though. And in full disclosure- I've been around eLynah for more than a few weeks. I posted when I was in first grade and kindergarten under the name Mo Kelly (w/out the ') but forgot what my password was this year.

I do believe my intentions are genuine - I just tend to get a little upset when people rip on our players or bash my unbridled enthusiasm for the Big Red. Yes maybe I wear rose colored glasses but its better than having a 2 by 4 stuck up my a$$. (sorry couldn't resist)

I hope we can agree that we are all fans, and that’s the common bond that should supercede all.

See you at the Frozen Four-
I remain,
Mo

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: January 17, 2003 10:22AM

Maybe the lessons on the dangers of angering the Woofing Gods come later in the semester...

Date: January 17, 2003 11:02AM

It may seem that I agree with Mo a lot and yet disagree sometimes but I notice his sarcasm and see his intentions. I do remember Mo from last year posting about Steve Bâby and his glowlights (not really sure what the meaning of that is) and Undy's potential, so Ben you don't have a justification there. Mo seems to be in it for the team while others think he is just trying to cause trouble. You probably need to look past his attitude (or imatureness as people have said) and try to understand that he is a true believer.
As for you Mo, I also will see you at the Frozen Four!

Best,
Ogie

p.s. I on the other hand have just started posting this year after reading for several years. Just am so excited about this year that thought it was the time to give my thoughts.

Date: January 17, 2003 01:13PM

Honestly Mo, your intentions may be good, but your persistence and choice of words have lead to more negitivity on eLynah than I've seen in a long time. Keep in mind that sarcasm doesn't carry very well on the internet - there's no "tone of voice" - so a jokingly sarcastic sentence can just as easily be read seriously.

Just please be more careful, and maybe consider using ;-), :-P, nut , when you're kidding around.

Also, it's one thing to say to Age, et al... "I think you're being overcritical for these reasons..."

It's another thing to pick a fight on a thread where Age hasn't said a damn thing.

I think we're all willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but please be careful and cool it just a tad.

-Fred

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login