Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Mercyhurst 5 Cornell 4

Posted by Trotsky 
Mercyhurst 5 Cornell 4
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 06:35PM

If Livestats is to be trusted, here are the lines and pairings:

Esposito-Miller-Ferlin
Lowry-Collins-McCarron
Jillson-Bardreau-Mowrey
Craig-Axell-de Swardt

Birch-Ross
Gotovets-Whitney
D'Agostino-Ryan

Iles in net
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 09:12PM by Trotsky.

Re: Cornell vs Mercyhurst
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 07:04PM

I guess Mercyhurst didn't even bother to send a broadcast team, as their usual radio station for hockey games is just playing jazz music.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 07:23PM

An offensive zone penalty followed by a neutral zone penalty shift the momentum as well as the score.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 07:35PM

If livestats is accurate, one Cornell SOG in the last 12-13 minutes of that period.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.sub-174-252-39.myvzw.com)
Date: October 29, 2011 07:48PM

Hurst leads 2-1 end of first. SOG is 9-6.

Re: Mercyhurst 5 Cornell 4
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:14PM

uh oh. let the rending of garments begin.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:17PM

Big and slow is no way to go. Cornell's slide into obscurity continues.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:28PM

ScrewBU

So you didn't watch the game? Neat.

The D needs work, missing coverages all night long. The O looks further along than they usually are at this point.

So, given that I am very sure that Schafer teams eventually lock down defensively, I'm not too worried.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:34PM

Collective response: panic

It's a bad result, but at least we can score. There's enough talent in the team and quality in the coaching staff that we should be fine.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:50PM

Scersk '97
ScrewBU

The D needs work, missing coverages all night long. The O looks further along than they usually are at this point.

So, given that I am very sure that Schafer teams eventually lock down defensively, I'm not too worried.

I didn't see the game either, but I doubt team speed was the biggest issue tonight.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2011 09:58PM

scoop85
Scersk '97
ScrewBU

I didn't see the game either, but I doubt team speed was the biggest issue tonight.
Ya speed wasn't the issue. D definitely needs work, especially on breaking up passes and possession. Otherwise, we were pretty good offensively compared to years past.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2011 10:11PM

ScrewBU
Big and slow is no way to go.

It's a nice rhyme, but it's inaccurate this time.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2011 11:04AM

ScrewBU
I would found an institution where obvious troll is obvious.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2011 01:13PM

I think a lot of this game comes back to the fact that this was Mercyhurst's sixth real game whereas its our first. If we played them 2 weeks ago we'd probably have won.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2011 02:58PM

Trotsky
ScrewBU

They were in behind our defensemen the entire game. How long did it take them score the tying goal---3 seconds after the faceoff? The D looked like statues on that play. I guess the party line this year is "Isles sucks."

Also, way to keep up with the times with a witty retort such as "obvious X is obvious." The last time I saw that used Cornell's style of play was still relevant. What's next, an "Oh, snap?" Is this the mid-90's? Do you post your messages using the Cello web browser?

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: October 31, 2011 03:58PM

ScrewBU
Trotsky
ScrewBU

They were in behind our defensemen the entire game. How long did it take them score the tying goal---3 seconds after the faceoff? The D looked like statues on that play. I guess the party line this year is "Isles sucks."

Also, way to keep up with the times with a witty retort such as "obvious X is obvious." The last time I saw that used Cornell's style of play was still relevant. What's next, an "Oh, snap?" Is this the mid-90's? Do you post your messages using the Cello web browser?
Your comedy critique is less trenchant than your game analysis.

Date: October 31, 2011 04:10PM

ugarte
ScrewBU
Trotsky
ScrewBU

Probably best not to feed trolls.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 05:11PM

Not a great first game, but there's no reason to panic. We've lost our share of 'cupcake' games to start the season. (Holy Cross for example)

Date: October 31, 2011 05:31PM

kaelistus
Not a great first game, but there's no reason to panic. We've lost our share of 'cupcake' games to start the season. (Holy Cross for example)
Still, Schafer was unhappy with the effort put forth and he makes a fair point. Two goals off faceoffs is a lot. If a pattern emerges then we ought to be concerned. The Journal's wrap up for those who haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mycingular.net)
Date: November 02, 2011 09:07AM

I felt like the 2 problems in the loss were that Andy let in 2 soft goals (1 of which was off the faceoff) and the D wasn't picking up their man. Not using the body to the advantage (umm hey kid, you're 6-3 220, he's 5-9 175, take his candy!) was something they didn't do in pre-season either.
That said, they controlled play for long periods of time, passed well, and generally worked they cycle and the Schafer breakout reasonably well. This team has bought into the system, they just need to execute better. Good showing by the freshman, and erase a couple of soft goals, and we are slapping each other's backs.
Iles is a very good young goaltender. I'm sure hell be able to turn it around.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2011 09:18PM

ugarte
ScrewBU
Trotsky
ScrewBU

Quoting SAT words might have been good enough to get you into Cornell, but in the real world it doesn't mean shit.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 06, 2011 01:03PM

ScrewBU
ugarte
ScrewBU
Trotsky
ScrewBU

Quoting SAT words might have been good enough to get you into Cornell, but in the real world it doesn't mean shit.
I don't think you know how the SAT works, much less the real world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 02:37PM by ugarte.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login