Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Red and White pre-game

Posted by David Harding 
Red and White pre-game
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2011 09:00PM

Cornell has announced the rosters for the men's component of the Red and White game next weekend. Cornell announcement

10/5/2011 10:35:00 AM
ITHACA, N.Y. — The Red-White Game has kicked off the Cornell hockey season for years, but the 2011-12 version of the event will be like no other in a variety of ways.

Aside from seeing the Big Red men's hockey team for the first time, this season's Red-White Game will also feature the national semifinalist Cornell women's hockey team and a postgame meet-and-greet autograph session with the players, all while raising money for the university's Emergency CARE Fund.

The game is at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15 at Lynah Rink. Admission to the game is free, but donations are suggested upon entry. Raffle tickets will also be available for purchase, with proceeds benefitting the Cornell Hockey Association.

Re: Red and White pre-game
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2011 09:41PM

Nice idea, though I would have loved it if the men and women were mixed in at the same time. The NC$$ might shit a brick, though.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 07, 2011 10:23PM

Trotsky
Nice idea, though I would have loved it if the men and women were mixed in at the same time. The NC$$ might shit a brick, though.
If they played with women's rules I can't see why it would be the NCAA's business. Is the Red/White game a sanctioned event?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (220.178.191.---)
Date: October 08, 2011 06:14AM

ugarte
Trotsky
If they played with women's rules I can't see why it would be the NCAA's business. Is the Red/White game a sanctioned event?

Shirts and skins? dribble

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2011 08:34PM

Tom Fleischman in the Ithaca Journal on the Red-White game.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 16, 2011 01:17AM

Cornell athletics' recap of the Red-White.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 01:17AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: profudge (---.dr04.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 16, 2011 08:22AM

A very enjoyable format for the Red and White - a lot of families and kids there. If you can make the Red and White game it is an enjoyable evening!

Hard to tell in a scrimmage with this format --> some initial impressions; Madison Dias, Joel Lowry, and Cole Badraeu showed speed and hustle; and Ferlin and McCarron and Hudon bring size. Both Ryan and MacDonald looked good on defense. I am optimistic for the next year or two. This freshman class looks great!
Not to mention Vince in goal looked good and Kevin Cole also!

** The Big RED women looked great and should be a lot of fun to watch and follow this year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 08:27AM by profudge.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2011 12:21PM

Trotsky
Cornell athletics' recap of the Red-White.
But sadly

But more importantly, the event drew more than 1,000 fans to the rink with donations totaling $1,845 to benefit the university's Emergency CARE Fund (the exact amount will be announced at a later date).
less than $2 per person.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2011 01:20PM

profudge
A very enjoyable format for the Red and White - a lot of families and kids there. If you can make the Red and White game it is an enjoyable evening!

Hard to tell in a scrimmage with this format --> some initial impressions; Madison Dias, Joel Lowry, and Cole Badraeu showed speed and hustle; and Ferlin and McCarron and Hudon bring size. Both Ryan and MacDonald looked good on defense. I am optimistic for the next year or two. This freshman class looks great!
Not to mention Vince in goal looked good and Kevin Cole also!

** The Big RED women looked great and should be a lot of fun to watch and follow this year!

I agree with you...it's a fun evening out and if one can make it, one should. It's free and there are lots of kids around in a more relaxed setting (than a usual men's game). I loved the penalty shot awarded for any penalty.

Not much to take from the scrimmage. Iles looked a little shaky in the first period but rebounded well (sorry for the pun) and had a nice night -- especially when he robbed Esposito on the far post with an explosive cross-crease move and glove safe. I thought de Swardt looked improved; he looked quicker and more physical, or at least more active and more physical.

Kevin Cole, Kirill Gotovets, and Vince Mihalek did not play.

The women's team is loaded with talent. Of the first year players, Saulnier looks like she could be a special player. Her 2 goals Friday night against Brampton put the team firmly in control. In the scrimmage she almost pulled off a Johnston-esque penalty shot, beating Mazzotta but not beating the post.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 16, 2011 02:05PM

ithacat
I agree with you...it's a fun evening out and if one can make it, one should. It's free...
R/W is free? I always remember them charging a nominal fee (a few bucks) back in the 90's. Based on Jim's comment maybe they should have charged a little and offered the proceeds to the charity.

ithacat
I loved the penalty shot awarded for any penalty.
So you like it when penalties have absolutely no consequences? :-)

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2011 06:55PM

KeithK
ithacat
I agree with you...it's a fun evening out and if one can make it, one should. It's free...
R/W is free? I always remember them charging a nominal fee (a few bucks) back in the 90's. Based on Jim's comment maybe they should have charged a little and offered the proceeds to the charity.

Free. Still, I'm surprised they didn't raise more money.

KeithK
ithacat
I loved the penalty shot awarded for any penalty.
So you like it when penalties have absolutely no consequences? :-)

In a scrimmage, sure. Of course, I don't know whether there were any consequences off ice.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2011 11:17PM

ithacat
KeithK
ithacat

Free. Still, I'm surprised they didn't raise more money.

I'm pretty sure this was the first year it was free. In the past it did cost a few dollars, and at least in some years kids in Ithaca Youth Hockey jerseys were admitted for free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login