Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Redcast 2011-2012

Posted by Chris '03 
Redcast 2011-2012
Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: September 07, 2011 03:56PM

Poll
Will you buy Redcast this year?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
60 votes were received.
Yes. 25

42%
No. 35

58%

Details are not available for this year's package and I've cut and paste the release below. Seems as good a time as any for a fresh thread to post comments and complaints.

CU Athletics
9/7/2011 12:20:00 PM

ITHACA, N.Y. -- The Cornell University Department of Athletics and Physical Education continues to build upon its multimedia options to allow alumni and fans greater access to their favorite Big Red teams. Subscriptions for the RedCast audio/video service are available for the 2011-12 season ... sign up to watch some of your favorite Cornell teams when you can't be here live.

You can watch all home games for football, sprint football, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's ice hockey, wrestling and men's and women's lacrosse, as well as listen to audio for all contests featuring the football, men's basketball and men's lacrosse teams. The introduction of the new video scoreboard at Schoellkopf Field will include the introduction of instant replay and other features with the multi-camera shoots at football, sprint football and men's and women's lacrosse games.

Television sometimes contractually precludes the broadcast of home games - typically 2-3 events per year. Postseason tournaments, including NCAA events, are not included in the Redcast subscription.

Subscription packages (see pricing below) are broken up into the following options:

A yearly subscription (Best Value) allows users unlimited access to all live events and archived material for one year from the date of purchase.
A monthly subscription allows users unlimited access to all live events and archived material for one month from the date of purchase.
A pay-per-view pass allows users unlimited access to all live events and archived material on the date of purchase only.
A sport pass allows users unlimited access to all live events and archived material for a specific sport good for one year from the date of purchase.

The varied subscription packages also assure subscribers will not be automatically charged at any time other than the initial purchase (no automatic renewal each month, etc.).

The best value is the all-video pass, while all-sport passes are priced based on the number of audio and video events. Video contests will include audio only when available (such as for men's ice hockey, men's and women's basketball and men's lacrosse at this time). Home events can be blacked out due to restrictions when games are being televised (users will be notified through www.CornellBigRed.com when this is the case).

Cornell Redcasts are available on any platform (PC, MAC, etc.). While occasional network drops are unavoidable and unpredictable despite the best efforts of all involved, all care and effort go into bringing the streams back online as soon as possible. In the event of technical problems, subscribers will be made aware of problems through www.CornellBigRed.com, and you can also contact ICS customer service through the Redcast player.

Video - contains imbedded audio when available
* All home football, sprint football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's ice hockey, women's ice hockey, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse and wrestling (except for the Body Bar Tournament) contests.
* Other events, stories, highlight packages, etc. as available

Pricing

Yearly Subscription (all sports, all events for one year) -- $75.00
Monthly Subscription (all sports, all events for one month) -- $20.00
Pay-Per-View Subscription (one sport on the day of purchase only) -- $7.50
Sport Specific Passes (one sport, all events for one year) -- from $20.00-$40.00 based on the number of events

Re: Redcast 2011-2012
Posted by: Robb (---.198-178.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: September 07, 2011 05:38PM

I'm down as a yes. The only live games I've seen in the last 3 seasons were the games at Albany in '10, so I need all the hockey fix I can get, even if it is poorly managed, completely unreliable, and borderline unwatchable. Yes, I am that pathetic.

Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: September 07, 2011 06:43PM

"Cornell Redcasts are available on any platform (PC, MAC, etc.). While occasional network drops are unavoidable and unpredictable despite the best efforts of all involved, all care and effort go into bringing the streams back online as soon as possible. In the event of technical problems, subscribers will be made aware of problems through www.CornellBigRed.com, and you can also contact ICS customer service through the Redcast player."

Well, at least they are telling us in advance that there will be technical difficulties. bang

I'll be giving some of my hard earned money to RedCast yet again. It is cheaper than going out and about in Miami.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 07, 2011 10:00PM

Robb
I'm down as a yes. The only live games I've seen in the last 3 seasons were the games at Albany in '10, so I need all the Cornell hockey fix I can get, even if it is poorly managed, completely unreliable, and borderline unwatchable. Yes, I am that pathetic.

FYP. You have hockey much closer to home. Allez Servette!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Towerroad (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: September 08, 2011 09:01AM

They will have to have a better product to get my money this year. I would happily pay more for a quality product but really hate paying for crap.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 10, 2011 07:59PM

The announcement reads like football will be included in the package, and therefore only available for a fee this year. Home games in past seasons have been webcast at no charge through a different provider, IIRC.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.mycingular.net)
Date: September 10, 2011 10:11PM

A more revealing poll might be one limited to those who had been subscribers in the past.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2011 01:01AM

Kyle Rose
A more revealing poll might be one limited to those who had been subscribers in the past.
The question would read: "So. Have we pissed you off enough yet?"

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 11, 2011 07:52AM

Not much of a poll if you can't exclude Ithaca residents and people who haven't in the past. As the price creeps up, Cornell is learning where the line of resistance is. Probably over $99 a year. And even at $99, does it make money, or just defray some costs?

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 17, 2011 07:53PM

No way this comes close to making money is what I have been told.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login