Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Three Cornellians Make ECAC Men's All-League, All-Rookie Teams

Posted by ajh258 
Three Cornellians Make ECAC Men's All-League, All-Rookie Teams
Posted by: ajh258 (---.stat.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2011 04:28AM

[www.ecachockey.com]

2010-11 ECAC HOCKEY ALL-LEAGUE SELECTIONS

FIRST TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
Forward Chase Polacek, Rensselaer
Forward Brian O'Neill, Yale
Forward Andrew Miller, Yale
Defense Nick Bailen, Rensselaer
Defense Taylor Fedun, Princeton
Goaltender Keith Kinkaid, Union

SECOND TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
Forward Jack Maclellan, Brown
Forward Joe Devin, Cornell
Forward Kelly Zajac, Union
Defense Brock Matheson, Union
Defense Danny Biega, Harvard
Goaltender James Mello, Dartmouth

THIRD TEAM ALL-LEAGUE
Forward Andrew Calof, Princeton
Forward Chris Cahill, Yale
Forward Jeremy Welsh, Union
Defense Mike Devin, Cornell
Defense Joel Stejskal, Dartmouth
Goaltender Allen York, Rensselaer

ALL-ROOKIE TEAM
Forward Andrew Calof, Princeton
Forward Greg Carey, St. Lawrence
Forward Dan Carr, Union
Defense Mat Bodie, Union
Defense Dennis Robertson, Brown
Goaltender Andy Iles, Cornell

Considering Union was the only school that had more players on this list than Cornell (Yale, Princeton and RPI each have 3 as well), this year wasn't that bad after all.

Re: Three Cornellians Make ECAC Men's All-League, All-Rookie Teams
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 08:28AM

So, out of 24 players on the list, we have 3, and no first teamers. Union has 6, RPI has 3, as does Princeton. I forgot, where are those teams now?ideaI guess Schafer is not that good a coach.:-}Sorry to reopen old wounds, but I'm just happy to be going to AC. Not really, but I'm happy we're still playing for the championship. So now I'mbolt

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 08:39AM

Of course, by that argument Don Vaughan should win the Spencer Penrose. Not only does 'Gate have 0 players in the list; they eliminated two of the three teams you mentioned.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 08:40AM by Trotsky.

Date: March 16, 2011 08:46AM

Trotsky
Of course, by that argument Don Vaughan should win the Spencer Penrose. Not only does 'Gate have 0 players in the list; they eliminated two of the three teams you mentioned.
I'll agree Vaughan is a good coach, just look at what happened to gate when he was out a year, but I'm sort of concerned about us right now.

Date: March 16, 2011 09:40AM

Jim Hyla
So, out of 24 players on the list, we have 3, and no first teamers. Union has 6, RPI has 3, as does Princeton. I forgot, where are those teams now?ideaI guess Schafer is not that good a coach.:-}Sorry to reopen old wounds, but I'm just happy to be going to AC. Not really, but I'm happy we're still playing for the championship. So now I'mbolt

This season was very screwy Stats/awards don't mean much when the probable outcomes are not the real outcomes.

Posted by: Robb (12.144.248.---)
Date: March 16, 2011 10:32AM

ajh258
Jim Hyla

This season was very screwy Stats/awards don't mean much when the probable outcomes are not the real outcomes.
Yep. We finished in 4th by virtue of our good H2H record against teams around us, while at the same time going 3-4-1 against the bottom 4 teams in the league. Win a couple more of those very winnable games and we'd have been a solid 3rd place instead of tied for 6th...

Posted by: adamw (---.bms.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 10:39AM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
I'll agree Vaughan is a good coach, just look at what happened to gate when he was out a year, but I'm sort of concerned about us right now.

Actually, didn't Stan Moore win Coach of the Year and have Colgate in first place the year Vaughan was out? (though I do think Vaughan is a good coach)

Date: March 16, 2011 01:05PM

adamw
Jim Hyla
Trotsky

Actually, didn't Stan Moore win Coach of the Year and have Colgate in first place the year Vaughan was out? (though I do think Vaughan is a good coach)
You're correct, now I just have to figure out who I was thinking of?screwy

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 04:03PM

Odd that Nick D'Agostino makes an All-Ivy team (second) but isn't here where there are first-second-third teams while the Devins are here but not on an All-Ivy team. Maybe D'Agostino's heroics were focused more on Ivy games. Not as big a question as How Could Union Collapse?

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-213-163.myvzw.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 04:32PM

billhoward
Odd that Nick D'Agostino makes an All-Ivy team (second) but isn't here where there are first-second-third teams while the Devins are here but not on an All-Ivy team. Maybe D'Agostino's heroics were focused more on Ivy games. Not as big a question as How Could Union Collapse?

If you have seen Gate, the real question is how in hell did they lose so many games by one goal. On top of that you also have to factor the flukey game tying goal as lucky.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2011 01:17AM

billhoward
Odd that Nick D'Agostino makes an All-Ivy team (second) but isn't here where there are first-second-third teams while the Devins are here but not on an All-Ivy team.
Because D'Agostino led all Cornell skaters, and was second among all Ivy defensemen, with 7 points in 9 Ivy games, whereas Joe Devin had 5 and Mike Devin had 4, and because Joe Devin led the ECAC with 13 goals in conference games (incredible second half he had) and Mike Devin was 4th among defensemen with 14 points in ECAC play, whereas D'Agostino's 11 points in ECAC play put him 11th among defensemen (still respectable, of course). If only there were someplace on the Internet where this kind of thing could be looked up rather than just idly speculating about it.

Date: March 17, 2011 08:37AM

Josh '99
... Joe Devin led the ECAC with 13 goals in conference games (incredible second half he had)...

It amazes me that he was able to achieve this feat despite all the shortcoming we had in the beginning of the season. His OT goals are definitely exciting. Let's hope Joe can improve even further in this category this weekend.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 17, 2011 12:07PM

ajh258
Josh '99
... Joe Devin led the ECAC with 13 goals in conference games (incredible second half he had)...

It amazes me that he was able to achieve this feat despite all the shortcoming we had in the beginning of the season. His OT goals are definitely exciting. Let's hope Joe can improve even further in this category this weekend.
I don't want to ask for a whole lot, but another ~6 goals from him would be great. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login