Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC_Semifinals and Finals_NOT ON the INTERNET

Posted by Rita 
ECAC_Semifinals and Finals_NOT ON the INTERNET
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2011 10:52PM

From Steve Hagwell in response to my inquiry about internet video feeds:

"Ms. Monde --

Good evening!

I am sorry to inform you that we are not able to stream the semifinals or championship games over the internet. Our agreement prohibits streaming. We do intend to stream the third-place game given that it shall not be televised.

Regards,

Stephen R. Hagwell
Commissioner
ECAC Hockey
51 S. Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: 518/487-2289
e-mail: shagwell@ecachockey.com

www.ecachockey.com"

This Just Sucks!bang cuss

Is the ECAC trying to alienate all their fans?

Re: ECAC_Semifinals and Finals_NOT ON the INTERNET
Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2011 11:56PM

Rita
From Steve Hagwell in response to my inquiry about internet video feeds:

"Ms. Monde --

Good evening!

I am sorry to inform you that we are not able to stream the semifinals or championship games over the internet. Our agreement prohibits streaming. We do intend to stream the third-place game given that it shall not be televised.

Regards,

Stephen R. Hagwell
Commissioner
ECAC Hockey
51 S. Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
Phone: 518/487-2289
e-mail: shagwell@ecachockey.com

www.ecachockey.com"

This Just Sucks!bang cuss

Is the ECAC trying to alienate all their fans?

It does indeed suck.

For a moment there, before I looked again at his name, I thought his email address came from Austin Powers.

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 14, 2011 12:06AM

I had the same thought. Hilarious.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2011 12:06AM

A channel finder guide for CBS College sports based on zip code and service provider.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.dsl2.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 14, 2011 12:10AM

I agree it sucks for those who don't get CBS College Sports, but I'd give the ECAC a pass on this. I think the league is fortunate to get both semis and the final onto the channel and if a condition is "no online video" that's a bullet you bite.

Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: March 14, 2011 01:05AM

JasonN95
I agree it sucks for those who don't get CBS College Sports, but I'd give the ECAC a pass on this. I think the league is fortunate to get both semis and the final onto the channel and if a condition is "no online video" that's a bullet you bite.

I wonder what financial options were available to the ECAC.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-69-98-119.myvzw.com)
Date: March 14, 2011 07:50AM

BigRedHockeyFan
JasonN95
U
I wonder what financial options were available to the ECAC.

If you mean the overall options - including the tv deal they signed - then consider the faux Viagara and "Video Professor" "I'll send you my computer education CD for free" commercials that have been the norm during prior broadcasts. The options are probably of the low rent variety.

I think we should feel fortunate that three games are on TV. Too bad it isn't available in a streaming format. Maybe we will get a gift and someone will stream it for those without access to the cable channels
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 09:07AM by marty.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2011 10:39AM

CBS Sports could stream the video for free or the nominal (well, $8) fee charged for the quarterfinals. More eyeballs are better in the eyes of the advertisers. The only downside to CBS is that if you can get the odd game you want online, then viewers stop pressuring local cable companies to pick up and pay for the CBS stream. It may be CBS that fans want to approach. CBS could still at this date five days in advance put together a streaming package.

Rita, you have an option. Become a basketball fan. The network hosting the 2011 March Madness has every game online and they love the streaming. In fact, they're promoting developer toolkits. Note this is also on CBS. [www.ncaa.com]

One could also, privately, on the forum set up a Slingbox sharing or other rebroadcasting arrangement with a friendly ELFer. Bits want to be free to roam.

Posted by: Rita (129.171.150.---)
Date: March 14, 2011 11:00AM

After talking with my Mom last night and making her go through her Comcast Cable guide, the SW Florida Gulf Coast Comcast Cable does offer CBS College sports, and my parents get the station. Mom has assured me that I can take over one of their TVs for the weekend for Cornell Hockey.

I'm doing much better than I was last night. :-) now that I don't have to figure out how to ask, in Spanish, "Can I have a TV to watch the Cornell-Dartmouth College Ice Hockey game".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login