Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI 2 Cornell 3 (W) Redcast Sucks

Posted by Towerroad 
RPI 2 Cornell 3 (W) Redcast Sucks
Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2011 09:23PM

Looks like the women won a very exciting game after tying it with seconds to spare in the 3rd. I say looks but that is the last thing I should say as they cut coverage after the 3rd. I wonder if they would have done that to the men?

Well done Red! Redcast you suck worse than the team in Cambridge.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 09:26PM by Towerroad.

Re: RPI 2 Cornell 3 (W) Redcast Sucks
Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2011 10:29PM

Towerroad
Looks like the women won a very exciting game after tying it with seconds to spare in the 3rd. I say looks but that is the last thing I should say as they cut coverage after the 3rd. I wonder if they would have done that to the men?

Given how the men's game went at Brown, I don't know if I would have minded :-/

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 26, 2011 12:09AM

I'm ecstatic over the win, but annoyed as hell with RedCast. I think we ought to put a petition out from the Elynah community saying petition signatories will boycott them next year unless they work to put a decent video product out.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2011 12:09AM

Towerroad
Looks like the women won a very exciting game after tying it with seconds to spare in the 3rd.
End of regulation reminds a bit of the 1970 ECAC championship game when John Hughes appeared to win the game with a goal at about the 19 minute mark of the third, only to have it waved off. Hughes then scored seconds later to finally get the win. Third period shots may not have been 18-0 in 1970 but, as the cartoon posted by Jim Hyla elsewhere here indicates, the period went very much along the same lines.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2011 07:42AM

imafrshmn
I'm ecstatic over the win, but annoyed as hell with RedCast. I think we ought to put a petition out from the Elynah community saying petition signatories will boycott them next year unless they work to put a decent video product out.

I would pay more for a quality product.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2011 11:30AM

They'd know I was bluffing...scared

Date: February 26, 2011 11:40AM

Anyone wanting a perfect example of RedCast's suckitude should try today's lacrosse webcast. Terrible reverb on audio and the picture looks like you're watching through frosted glass.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2011 11:53AM

I logged off and relogged on. Reverb is gone.

Date: February 26, 2011 12:18PM

TimV
I did the same. Picture still stinks.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2011 12:54PM

Al DeFlorio
TimV
I did the same. Picture still stinks.
Last night I was watching both men's hockey and women's hockey. The Brown picture was definitely clearer, although I definitely like the score posting on the CU Redcast.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2011 03:11PM

I complained regarding the feed ending after regulation. They eventually turned it back on after the game was over. demented

I was hoping it was just a technical issue maybe so I checked out the archived tape and it also ends mid-way through the intermission before OT. bang

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 26, 2011 03:18PM

mattj711
I complained regarding the feed ending after regulation. They eventually turned it back on after the game was over. demented

I was hoping it was just a technical issue maybe so I checked out the archived tape and it also ends mid-way through the intermission before OT. bang

Did you find out what the problem was? Did the operator think the game was over and start putting things away? In any case, we'll just have to note this on the list of grievances about RedCast. And if there's no actual list, let's start one.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2011 04:07PM

imafrshmn
mattj711

Did you find out what the problem was? Did the operator think the game was over and start putting things away? In any case, we'll just have to note this on the list of grievances about RedCast. And if there's no actual list, let's start one.

I did email Jeremy Hartigan, and he was in the box with the REDCAST crew and on the monitor they had, there wasn't a problem, but he did check the archive and lo and behold, no OT. He said that the feed comes from the coaches cameras and he was going to have that checked out as to why it quit.

I did say that this is typical of REDCAST and hockey broadcasts and that I am really getting fed up with the technical difficulties after all these years. Oh, I copied Andy Noel on the emails too... FWIW. I did suggest that REDCAST monitor the feed by paying money and logging in via a computer to experience what the paying subscribers get.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2011 04:30PM

Rita
imafrshmn
mattj711

I did email Jeremy Hartigan, and he was in the box with the REDCAST crew and on the monitor they had, there wasn't a problem, but he did check the archive and lo and behold, no OT. He said that the feed comes from the coaches cameras and he was going to have that checked out as to why it quit.

I did say that this is typical of REDCAST and hockey broadcasts and that I am really getting fed up with the technical difficulties after all these years. Oh, I copied Andy Noel on the emails too... FWIW. I did suggest that REDCAST monitor the feed by paying money and logging in via a computer to experience what the paying subscribers get.
What a novel idea!idea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login