Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 2 Dartmouth 2 (final--OT)

Posted by BigRedHockeyFan 
Cornell 2 Dartmouth 2 (final--OT)
Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 07:02PM

Esposito is playing tonight. See the attached screen image.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 09:10PM by jtwcornell91.

Re: Dartmouth, Jan 28
Posted by: BigRedHockeyFan (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 07:05PM

Free audio from Dartmouth

[www.dartmouthsports.com]

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 07:15PM

BigRedHockeyFan
Free audio from Dartmouth

[www.dartmouthsports.com]

Or so-so video for $6.95.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.sub-174-252-37.myvzw.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 08:08PM

Score updates? Can't get livestats or chat on cellphone. Thanks.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2011 08:11PM

Al DeFlorio

1-1 with 2:21 left in the 2nd. Collins got the equalizer on a delayed call shortly after the Dartmouth goal.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.sub-174-252-37.myvzw.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 08:14PM

k
jtwcornell91
Al DeFlorio

1-1 with 2:21 left in the 2nd. Collins got the equalizer on a delayed call shortly after the Dartmouth goal.
Thanks much, JTW.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:03PM

In OT. still tied at 2 a piece.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:05PM

Use the Twitters: [twitter.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:17PM

2-2 Final.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:18PM

Considering that many superior Cornell teams have in the past been skunked in Hanover by much worse Dartmouth teams, this is a tie I can live with.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:22PM

scoop85
Considering that many superior Cornell teams have in the past been skunked in Hanover by much worse Dartmouth teams, this is a tie I can live with.
For sure. I hope some who were there talk about the game.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:54PM

So win tomorrow, we can be tied for 5th and 2 points out of 4th.

Re: Cornell 2 Dartmouth 2 (final--OT)
Posted by: ajh258 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: January 29, 2011 10:17AM

We played well against the Big Green last night because we had puck possession for the majority of the game. The two goals that Dartmouth scored were somewhat lucky on their part, and I wouldn't really blame Iles or any particular team member for giving them up. I guess the only complaint would be that we didn't score enough goals under the circumstances.

On the other hand, the student fans at Dartmouth were particularly rude, and they were a constant nuisance during the game. For instance, during our alma mater, some of these brutes stood in front of our pep band, waved their hands around in the air like idiots, and pretended to conduct. That was particularly disrespectful and classless. In addition, a lot of them kept walking past our section and yelled obscenities like, "fuck Cornell" even though nothing happened on the ice. While I don't mind playful taunts and competitive attitudes from opposing fans, the students at Dartmouth crossed the line last night and made me question why they still belong to the Ivy League.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 29, 2011 11:10AM

ajh258
On the other hand, the student fans at Dartmouth were particularly rude, and they were a constant nuisance during the game. For instance, during our alma mater, some of these brutes stood in front of our pep band, waved their hands around in the air like idiots, and pretended to conduct. That was particularly disrespectful and classless. In addition, a lot of them kept walking past our section and yelled obscenities like, "fuck Cornell" even though nothing happened on the ice. While I don't mind playful taunts and competitive attitudes from opposing fans, the students at Dartmouth crossed the line last night and made me question why they still belong to the Ivy League.

I guess I haven't been to a game at Dartmouth since they became successful, but I have to consider it progress that Dartmouth has student fans at all. In the late 90s, Thompson was basically an unsupervised day care center. (As opposed to Meehan, which is more or less a juvie hall.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 29, 2011 05:29PM

ajh258
This used to be common behavior among high school-aged fans in Hanover, Canton and Schenectady. Their parents were apparently using the rinks as day care since basic cable hadn't come to those places yet.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: January 30, 2011 02:36PM

Trotsky
ajh258
This used to be common behavior among high school-aged fans in Hanover, Canton and Schenectady. Their parents were apparently using the rinks as day care since basic cable hadn't come to those places yet.

You forget Hamilton. Oh, the tennis-ball-throwing grunions of Starr!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login