Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Union Roll Call

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Union Roll Call
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2008 10:49PM

I know this was started on the post ECAC thread, but I thought it deserved a separate thread. And now I can also admit that I bought tickets last week from the Union website. Got them in the mail yesterday. So get a rope Trotsky.banana

I posted the website before, but here it is again. Union Tickets.

Here's the phone numbers that Marty listed:
Marty
I bought my Onion playoff tickets last week by phone. They mailed them at $25 per three ticket session (upper level bleachers). I am not sure why but they didn't charge me the handling fee that they normally do.

So for those who don't buy at the CU ticket office, the number is either

518-388-6134
518-388-6020

I think the second number listed is the direct line (no menu navigation needed).

On the website you can ask for visitors section; I assume that's also true by phone. However my tickets say ESB 11, which I assume is section 11, and not visitor's section.

Re: Union Roll Call
Posted by: redhair34 (---.c3-0.nwt-ubr2.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 09, 2008 10:55PM

Me + 1 to maybe the most depressing city I've ever visited.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2008 10:56PM

+4

Bought tickets mid-week, but haven't gotten them in the mail yet. Ordered them online...the only problem was that it wouldn't let you enter a separate shipping address from billing address.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: March 09, 2008 10:59PM

You're right Jim - You're on the union side of the ice, near the student zoo. Here is where the seating chart is: [www.unionathletics.com]

For Cornell Games sections 4-5-6 is usually pretty solidly Cornell fans. I checked off the visitor section on the on-line application, I hope they didn't put me over with you. No offense of course...

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2008 11:00PM

Working on it...

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: March 09, 2008 11:01PM

Worse than Potsdam?? Worse than Troy???twitch

Posted by: cmoberg (67.158.171.---)
Date: March 09, 2008 11:12PM

+2 (ordered online, visitor section)

Date: March 09, 2008 11:14PM

TimV
Worse than Potsdam?? Worse than Troy???twitch

Definitely worse than Potsdam, rivals Troy. An old GE town that has lost a lot. If the 3 cities in the capital district were put together, it would be quite nice. Spread out over 3 means none of the downtowns are great.

Date: March 09, 2008 11:16PM

I'll probably call Union to check on mine, but if anyone gets their tickets from Union, could you post your section. Thanks.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2008 11:17PM

I hear Troy is making a comeback these days.

At least there's no ECAC school in Utica.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 09, 2008 11:23PM

Will be going with ebilmes.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2008 01:25AM

Can't be there Friday night, but I'll try to be there on Saturday. Let's make it a sweep for Cornell, since I also can't be there Sunday.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 10, 2008 01:46AM

Beeeej
Can't be there Friday night, but I'll try to be there on Saturday. Let's make it a sweep for Cornell, since I also can't be there Sunday.

I can think of better reasons for making it a sweep.:-}

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2008 01:49AM

Jim Hyla
Beeeej

I can think of better reasons for making it a sweep.:-}
But it'll do.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2008 03:50PM

Will be there, with the fiance, who has turned into quite the Cornell Hockey fan. I'm planning on buying tickets from the Cornell ticket office tomorrow. I did call the Union ticket office earlier, and they said the Cornell allottment was in Sections I, J, and 7. (The Cornell ticket office actually could not tell me where the tickets would be.) The very pleasant woman at Union also told me that if I wanted to buy box seats she had some available in Section G.

Date: March 10, 2008 05:58PM

We're all in section 8. I had chosen "visitors section" online. If andyw2100 is right, we'll be right next to one of the Cornell sections.

Date: March 10, 2008 06:33PM

andyw2100
Will be there, with the fiance, who has turned into quite the Cornell Hockey fan. I'm planning on buying tickets from the Cornell ticket office tomorrow. I did call the Union ticket office earlier, and they said the Cornell allottment was in Sections I, J, and 7. (The Cornell ticket office actually could not tell me where the tickets would be.) The very pleasant woman at Union also told me that if I wanted to buy box seats she had some available in Section G.

None of this makes any sense. The seating chart lists 5 & 6 as visitors. G is right below 6. I, J & 7 are across the rink. ???

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: March 10, 2008 06:37PM

From what I recall, 5&6 were the Cornell allotment of tickets when I bought them from the ticket office for the away game in '06. I don't know how much that helps if the ticket office says the Cornell allotment was on the other side of the rink though.

Date: March 10, 2008 06:55PM

Jim Hyla
andyw2100

None of this makes any sense. The seating chart lists 5 & 6 as visitors. G is right below 6. I, J & 7 are across the rink. ???

When she offered me seats in Section G it was in my response to asking what box seats were available. She was not attempting to get me close to the Cornell allottment at that point.

As I understand it, the box seats are --only-- on that (West) side of the rink.

Perhaps the seating chart is wrong with respect to which sections are available as visitor sections. Or perhaps those are the sections sold by the ticket office as visitor sections, but when they send an allottment to another school, they send tickets in a different section.

I guess we will find out tomorrow what tickets the Cornell ticket office has available for distribution. The woman I spoke to did sound quite sure of herself, so I'm betting she's right.

Posted by: jjalmy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2008 07:15PM

Careful with the Utica crack...some Big Red supporters here!!

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2008 12:57AM

The design of that rink is one of the worst I have ever seen, especially given that it isn't even that old... bleachers on top of other bleachers with stairs awkwardly placed on top of and in between other sections. I just pulled out my stub from this year and was in section 5, which I know is always a visitors section, along with section 6. It has also been my impression that some of the adjacent sections are converted into visitors section depending on the circumstances of the game.

I don't think the place has ever sold out, but I would be surprised if they didn't this weekend.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 11, 2008 01:08PM

Looks like we can only do Saturday, but Little Killer and I will be there for that one.

Date: March 11, 2008 04:55PM

So it would seem the woman I spoke to yesterday in the Union ticket office was basically right. The Cornell ticket office did have the sections she said they would (I, J, and 7.) The Cornell ticket office also apparently had some tickets in Sections K and 8 as well. I believe the band will be in Section 7, and that the ticket office was trying to put the students in Section I. I could have purchased very low row seats in Section K, but instead opted for Row 9 (last row) in Section J.

Union Seating Chart
Date: March 11, 2008 05:18PM

Cornell sections are I, J, K, 7, 8

Posted by: KateWithThe8 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2008 06:26PM

Well, Jon and I were in, but now Jon's down with a nasty case of bronchitis and we'll have to miss the trip. As luck would have it, we already had tickets, so check the ticket forum if you're interested in our two 3-day passes and haven't gotten yours yet.

Re: Union Seating Chart
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 07:57AM

ebilmes
Cornell sections are I, J, K, 7, 8

And now section 9. I called because they had sent me section 11. They said tickets were going so fast for CU that 9 is now at least partially for us. She said some time ago they had to flip the opponents side of the rink, but had no explanation as to why they never changed their seating chart. At least they were willing to admit their mistake and move me out of 11.:-}

Date: March 12, 2008 10:24AM

Glad you were able to move closer to the rest of us, Jim. It's somewhat impressive that the people at the Union ticket office were able and willing to help you out.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2008 10:48AM

andyw2100
Glad you were able to move closer to the rest of us, Jim. It's somewhat impressive that the people at the Union ticket office were able and willing to help you out.

Well, of course I did tell them that I had a copy of my internet purchase showing visitor's section request.

Posted by: cmoberg (67.158.171.---)
Date: March 12, 2008 11:25AM

I placed my order online last Friday, and today found out that they had done right by me and placed us in Section 8. I too had checked visitor section.

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2008 01:27PM

I'll be there with a few of the usual suspects. We've got two rooms reserved at the Hampton Inn Schenectady, which I believe is walking distance to the rink and what nightlife there is, but we now only need one of the rooms.

If you'd like me to transfer the second room to you instead of canceling it, let me know via IM (mhaithaca) or phone (607-255-8634) this afternoon, and it's all yours. It's a non-smoking room with two queen beds at the $129 rate, reserved for both Friday and Saturday nights. (If the third game isn't necessary, we wouldn't need to stay Saturday night, but we won't know before it would be too late to get or cancel a Saturday night room.)

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: March 13, 2008 01:58PM

This strikes me as odd:
Union Ticket Form
All Session Pass Student Tickets*:
Includes one ticket for each game Friday, Saturday & Sunday
*Student ticket price valid for college age students and under.

So if you are a student who isn't "college age" (however that's defined) you pay full freight?

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2008 02:04PM

Chris '03
This strikes me as odd:
Union Ticket Form
and under[/u].

So if you are a student who isn't "college age" (however that's defined) you pay full freight?

Emphasis added.whistle

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: March 13, 2008 02:06PM

TimV
Chris '03
This strikes me as odd:
Union Ticket Form
and under[/u].

Emphasis added.whistle

I was thinking the over side is being excluded.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 13, 2008 02:16PM

Chris '03
TimV
Chris '03
This strikes me as odd:
Union Ticket Form
and under[/u].

Emphasis added.whistle

I was thinking the over side is being excluded.
I think I may have carried around my college ID until I was 25 since it didn't have a date on it ... whistle

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2008 10:14PM

I think I may have carried around my Cornell ID till I was....wait a minute...yep still got it right here with no expiration date...original one...never lost it....man I was young once.

I'll be at Union Friday and Saturday only before heading to New York for the women's b-ball game all the while cheering for the dream weekend of NCAA men's and women's b-ball and ECAC men's hockey.

Anybody have a private jet they might want to fly me around to any of those that may be happening next weekend, not saying that more than one will happen?

Seriously - anybody with connections to a private plane - PM me.

Well at least it's possible Sunday to watch the women's game in person, get to a place to watch the selection show for the men and then get to a place to listen to the game three that may not happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login