Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Any official word on Cornell ticket office sale of Albany tickets?

Posted by andyw2100 
Any official word on Cornell ticket office sale of Albany tickets?
Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 07:48PM

I expect that as in the past, the Cornell ticket office will start selling their allocation of tickets for the ECAC championship games in Albany tomorrow morning. But in the past they didn't keep it a secret. They included information on the sale either on the 607-254-BEAR ticket office recording or it was posted online somewhere. I've searched and called, but can't locate an official announcement of the sale.

Is it the general consensus here that this sale will take place, starting at 9:00 AM tomorrow? Is the info posted somewhere, and I just missed it? Did Arthur possibly make an announcement I did not hear on Saturday night?

I'm kind of surprised I'm having this much trouble confirming that the sale is taking place.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Re: Any official word on Cornell ticket office sale of Albany tickets?
Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 07:55PM

I am guessing that everyone involved in ticket sales or ticket sale publicity who doesn't actually get the weekend off was involved in the b'ball selection show hoopla. Announcement is posted on the "purchase tickets" link -- available at noon tomorrow [Monday].
They also recommend purchasing in person if possible due to all the post-season activity -- both hockey teams and basketball next weekend!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 07:57PM by dag14.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2010 08:00PM

dag14
I am guessing that everyone involved in ticket sales or ticket sale publicity who doesn't actually get the weekend off was involved in the b'ball selection show hoopla. Announcement is posted on the "purchase tickets" link -- available at noon tomorrow [Monday].
They also recommend purchasing in person if possible due to all the post-season activity -- both hockey teams and basketball next weekend!

Thanks.

Here's the link, if anyone else is looking for it:

[www.athletics.cornell.edu]

That info was not there a few hours ago. I guess I should have looked again.

Thanks again.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2010 09:28PM

just how high will the traffic be of people buying womens and bball tickets??

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 12:04AM

upperdeck
just how high will the traffic be of people buying womens and bball tickets??
Where Cornell says online, "Note: Phone traffic will be very high due to NCAA Basketball, NCAA women's ice hockey and ECAC Hockey ticket sales. In-person purchase of ECAC Hockey tickets at the Box Office windows in Bartels Hall is recommended," they're not saying "in equal amounts." Most Brown students are probably unaware they have a hockey team and most Union students will think the "Union finally makes ECAC quarters" to be a spoof by the Onion.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 10:16AM

I don't think I can go on Friday, but Saturday is an option. If memory serves from the last time I went on a Saturday, it's usually not a problem getting tickets just for Saturday, right?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 10:45AM

RatushnyFan
I don't think I can go on Friday, but Saturday is an option. If memory serves from the last time I went on a Saturday, it's usually not a problem getting tickets just for Saturday, right?
Depends on how many thousands you need.;-)

Posted by: marty (---.sub-75-236-16.myvzw.com)
Date: March 15, 2010 01:15PM

If it were a problem getting tickets on Saturday the tournament wouldn't be moving to Atlantic City! !!

Posted by: elliotb (76.119.237.---)
Date: March 15, 2010 01:28PM

Robin again posting from Elliot's computer.

Just called and ordered ECAC hockey tickets from Cornell ticket office (yes I realize I could walk into the Albany arena at the time of the game and buy a couple thousand tickets) . The woman said they have a "long line at the window" and will be processing those requests first and then moving to phone orders.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 02:30PM

So I just came back from the ticket office and got my student tickets in section 115 for both days.

The prices have actually changed for the two day passes - from 24 dollars to 28 dollars for both days. My guess is they never got the two-day discount tickets at Bartel because they posted the prices last night but the manager at the office said they only received 14 dollar tickets this morning.

Anyways, I don't think they are sold out yet and people can definitely call. There is no line at Bartel as of this posting so come and get them if you were waiting.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2010 02:38PM

Do the tickets have times on them for Saturday's games? I'm assuming they're 4 and 7 again, but I want to make sure.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ajh258 (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: March 15, 2010 03:03PM

Beeeej
Do the tickets have times on them for Saturday's games? I'm assuming they're 4 and 7 again, but I want to make sure.

Yes, they are at 4 and 7 as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login