Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"The boisterous Lynah Faithful are college hockey's answer to Duke's Cameron Crazies"

Posted by redfanbytradition 
"The boisterous Lynah Faithful are college hockey's answer to Duke's Cameron Crazies"
Posted by: redfanbytradition (---.sip.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 09:18PM

Good article from espn.com on college hockey arenas with Lynah getting its due respect.

100 Years on ice: What the puck?

Re: "The boisterous Lynah Faithful are college hockey's answer to Duke's Cameron Crazies"
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 09:55PM

redfanbytradition
Good article from espn.com on college hockey arenas with Lynah getting its due respect.

100 Years on ice: What the puck?

Pffft. We had home dominance long before Duke. They're the Lynah Faithful of basketball.

Re: "The boisterous Lynah Faithful are college hockey's answer to Duke's Cameron Crazies"
Posted by: sockralex (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 10:12PM

Good acknowledgement of Elynah as well. :-)

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2010 10:32PM

Guy must be a ECAC fan... disproportianate amount of ECAC arenas on this list.

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 10:45PM

CM cWo 44

Or he could just be objectively listing the ten oldest barns in college hockey.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2010 10:48PM

mnagowski
CM cWo 44

That's exactly what the list is. Problem is, with only two exceptions, I remember when each was opened.woot

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 09, 2010 11:34AM

Al DeFlorio
mnagowski
That's exactly what the list is. Problem is, with only two exceptions, I remember when each was opened.woot

Which two? :-D

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 09, 2010 11:56AM

Al DeFlorio
mnagowski
CM cWo 44

No, the problem would be if you couldn't remember when each was opened.demented

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2010 04:31PM

Unfortunately, Lynah was left out of the accompanying photo essay. 10 photos, but two of Matthews.

Also, I've never seen the PU band at Baker Rink, and now I know that that new freak running around Ingalls is called "Captain Freedom."

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 08:28PM

RichH
Also, I've never seen the PU band at Baker Rink, and now I know that that new freak running around Ingalls is called "Captain Freedom."

They do exist. I've seen them. But they didn't have Santa there either.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2010 09:28PM

judy
RichH

There is tv footage of the Princeton Band at Hobey Baker rink. They were at the game today against RPI that was televised on ESPNU.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 11, 2010 12:24AM

RichH
Unfortunately, Lynah was left out of the accompanying photo essay. 10 photos, but two of Matthews.

Sitting next to them at "The Hobe" last year was enough to make us run down into the lower-level seats between periods. I remember missing our band very much at the time.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 11, 2010 07:56AM

judy
RichH

You mean the guy banging on the plastic Santa Claus? He was there the last time I saw them.

Posted by: judy (63.240.196.---)
Date: January 11, 2010 10:02AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
judy
RichH

You mean the guy banging on the plastic Santa Claus? He was there the last time I saw them.

I know that guy is there. But they "killed" Santa a couple of years ago in Albany. Literally beat the crap out of Santa by their bus before they boarded to go back to Princeton.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 11, 2010 12:27PM

judy
Jeff Hopkins '82
judy
RichH

I know that guy is there. But they "killed" Santa a couple of years ago in Albany. Literally beat the crap out of Santa by their bus before they boarded to go back to Princeton.

I was not aware of that. OK, that's just wrong.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (204.60.103.---)
Date: January 11, 2010 04:43PM

RichH

And my fear and loathing of mascots is irrational why? The existence of "Captain Freedom," a concept clearly conjured up during an evening spent with Captain Morgan, just makes me more comfortable with my current stance that mascots are terrifying and should be avoided at nearly all costs.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: January 11, 2010 05:16PM

Jerseygirl
It with Captain Morgan, just makes me more comfortable with my current stance that mascots are terrifying and should be avoided at nearly all costs.
Anyone know if any of the Touchdowns ever mauled an unsuspecting fan?

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 11, 2010 07:33PM

Kyle Rose
Jerseygirl
It with Captain Morgan, just makes me more comfortable with my current stance that mascots are terrifying and should be avoided at nearly all costs.

Oho, I see what you did there.

One of the bears snuck up on me in my senior year and hugged me from behind during a hockey game at Lynah, thereby totally harshing my game by making me freak out when I was making flirty-eyes with one of the healthy scratches. Hey, at least I showed him I'm a screamer, amirite?

But I think you meant the real bears. I digress, as I usually do.

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2010 09:16PM

Jerseygirl
Kyle Rose
Jerseygirl

Oho, I see what you did there.

One of the bears snuck up on me in my senior year and hugged me from behind during a hockey game at Lynah, thereby totally harshing my game by making me freak out when I was making flirty-eyes with one of the healthy scratches. Hey, at least I showed him I'm a screamer, amirite?

But I think you meant
the real bears. I digress, as I usually do.

I lol'd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login