Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

RPI comes to Lynah

Posted by scoop85 
RPI comes to Lynah
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2009 10:30PM

Who woulda thunk it? Certainlly a team we should handle, but Dartmouth would have thought so as well. York apparently played phenomenally in net against the Big Green, and he will likely have to stand on his head for the Big Red to be upset at home.

Of course RPI has nothing to lose, so it's important for CU to get the early lead and ride the energy of the crowd.

Re: RPI comes to Lynah
Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 07, 2009 10:57PM

There are no easy games. Blah, blah, blah...

But I think we have to be very pleased with this result. Though I think we would've handled, say, Union easily, Quinnipiac (Wong-ful), Clarkson, and Colgate could have posed problems. To my eyes and ears, we seemed very much in control of both games with RPI.

That being said, go Union or Quinnipiac. However much I might like to see four ECAC teams in the NCAAs, I am hoping that someone upsets SLU in the quarters. They own us like we own Clarkson.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2009 11:50PM

Scersk '97 However much I might like to see four ECAC teams in the NCAAs, I am hoping that someone upsets SLU in the quarters. They own us like we own Clarkson.
But if all top four teams advance, SLU will get a chance to beat up on Yale first. We could hope that Brown beats Yale and give us the first seed.

Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 12:40AM

With RPI comes the return of Burgdoerfer who sat for 6 mins worth of minors against Dartmouth.

Posted by: redice (---.154.218.251.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 08:29AM

Jim Hyla
We could hope that Brown beats Yale and give us the first seed.

I think we should hope that Brown beats Yale. I'm afraid Yale has our number this year.....

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 02:36PM

if we are seeing Yale again, lets justhope its in the finals then it wont really matter since the ncaa's will be a reward either way.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: March 08, 2009 02:59PM

upperdeck
if we are seeing Yale again, lets justhope its in the finals then it wont really matter since the ncaa's will be a reward either way.
Well, the only places to see Yale again would be the finals in Albany or rounds 2, 3, or 4(!) of the NCAAs. I wouldn't mind seeing them again under any of those conditions.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2009 03:33PM

Robb
upperdeck
Well, the only places to see Yale again would be the finals in Albany or rounds 2, 3, or 4(!) of the NCAAs. I wouldn't mind seeing them again under any of those conditions.

We could see them in the consy at Albany.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2009 03:36PM

Jordan 04
Robb
upperdeck

Well done, sir.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 04:24PM

Scersk '97

But I think we have to be very pleased with this result. Though I think we would've handled, say, Union easily, Quinnipiac (Wong-ful), Clarkson, and Colgate could have posed problems. To my eyes and ears, we seemed very much in control of both games with RPI.

That being said, go Union or Quinnipiac. However much I might like to see four ECAC teams in the NCAAs, I am hoping that someone upsets SLU in the quarters. They own us like we own Clarkson.

RPI looked dreadful 2 weeks ago at home vs Clarkson. I was surprised that York played since Lange has always impressed me as much better than York has been.

If I recall correctly, Clarkson and cornell played to a 0-0 tie this year in one of the two games. I'd say it's inaccurate to say that the red "own Clarkson."

I'll probably catch one of the QF games next weekend at Princeton. That's a close by fix for some college hockey for me after a poor end to a disappointing end to Tech's poor season.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2009 04:48PM

Rich S
I'd say it's inaccurate to say that the red "own Clarkson.

Everyone knows that Subway owns Clarkson!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 07:08PM

Beeeej
Jordan 04
Robb
upperdeck

Well done, sir.
Possibly the best anti-woof in the history of online hockey message boards.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 08, 2009 07:11PM

Rich S
If I recall correctly, Clarkson and cornell played to a 0-0 tie this year in one of the two games. I'd say it's inaccurate to say that the red "own Clarkson."

I'll probably catch one of the QF games next weekend at Princeton. That's a close by fix for some college hockey for me after a poor end to a disappointing end to Tech's poor season.

A disappointing season indeed. I was remarking to a friend of mine just the other day that it's been too long since we've had a "classic" final four in the ECAC, with classic defined as Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, and either RPI or SLU. Considering the general strength of the league, a few more out-of-conference wins from Clarkson or RPI would've done much for all teams' NCAA chances.

That all being said, I also consider a "classic" final four to be one in which the Red beat Clarkson in the semis or final, which has happened more times than any Golden Knight fan would want to remember. For reference, please see Trotsky's list here. Cornell is 7-2 vs. Clarkson in semis or finals, and, in 19 playoff meetings/series vs. the Red, the Golden Knights have prevailed in only 5.

Do I need mention 1970?

So, when it counts, Cornell has owned Clarkson. My father surely wishes it were otherwise, as do many other Clarkson alumni, but statistics don't lie.

May the rivalry continue, but may the statistics also stay ever skewed.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: March 09, 2009 02:18PM

Rich S
Scersk '97

RPI looked dreadful 2 weeks ago at home vs Clarkson. I was surprised that York played since Lange has always impressed me as much better than York has been.

Rich,

York has a history of being a money goalie; Lange doesn't. In each of the last two seasons, York took Camrose to the Royal Bank Cup tourney and was named Top Goaltender of the tourney. Lange has yet to win a playoff game for RPI.

Will RPI beat Cornell -- I doubt it, but there is a better chance with York in goal.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 02:08PM by ursusminor.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 02:40PM

jtwcornell91
Rich S
I'd say it's inaccurate to say that the red "own Clarkson.

Everyone knows that Subway owns Clarkson!

Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2009 03:45AM

Sometimes teams play differently when they turn it up a notch for the playoffs:

[www.dailygazette.com]

But then again, this is RPI. Swept at Lynah?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login