Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Milo scores two in Vermont debut

Posted by Cop at Lynah 
Milo scores two in Vermont debut
Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 12, 2008 10:50PM

Vermont beats RPI 4-1 with Justin Milo scoring two goals in his Vermont debut.

Re: Milo scores two in Vermont debut
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2008 02:14PM

I didn't want to start another thread about this, but interesting choice of words in the ECAC story of SLU's second game at Michigan this past weekend.

St. Lawrence killed off 17 straight Michigan power plays for the weekend before Lebler's goal. The Saints also had a goal waved off in each game as Yost lived up to its reputation as a hard place to play.

Maybe this is what they mean?

The lone goal of the period was a fluky shot with under a minute to play as sophomore defenseman Tristin Llewellyn threw the puck at the goal from the point and it hit a rut in front of Saint goalie Kain Tisi and bounced over his shoulder and into the net at 19:16.

Re: Milo scores two in Vermont debut
Posted by: plrd78 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 14, 2008 08:14PM

Great news!!

CHN article on Milo
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: October 23, 2008 05:47PM

If one's looking for a definitive answer to why Milo left Cornell, this isn't the article. Still, it's an interesting read...

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Re: CHN article on Milo
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2008 05:58PM

ithacat
If one's looking for a definitive answer to why Milo left Cornell, this isn't the article. Still, it's an interesting read...

Well, he pretty well tells why he left. Hopefully we learned something from it. I did find this quote interesting:

"It's been a great start to the season," said Milo, who despite not playing last year was still named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 06:49AM

Jim Hyla
ithacat

Well, he pretty well tells why he left. Hopefully we learned something from it. I did find this quote interesting:

"It's been a great start to the season," said Milo, who despite not playing last year was still named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team.

Are we reading the same article? Milo has mastered the art of someone years older in saying very little and sounding as if he's confiding. It's rich, the author saying Milo spoke "candidly."

Justin Milo
]Milo then continued more candidly about the circumstances leading to his change of scenery.] "There were a few issues with me and the hockey coach at Cornell," explained the sophomore, referring to Big Red head coach Mike Schafer. "It's just the way it was. It was a couple of different things. It wasn't just [an issue related to baseball]. But I had some good talks with the Cornell coach before leaving and really showed my appreciation for what they offered me my freshman year. It just wasn't the right place for me. It was unfortunate I wasn't able to see that before going there, but I was happy that I did go there. It was a great freshman year. I have a lot of great memories, but the right fit and best place for me is Vermont, and I'm glad I made that change

Still, it's too bad it didn't work out. What college wouldn't want a two-sport star who's also doing very well academically?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 24, 2008 08:19AM

billhoward
Still, it's too bad it didn't work out. What college wouldn't want a two-sport star who's also doing very well academically?

We didn't, I gather.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 10:39AM

billhoward
Are we reading the same article? Milo has mastered the art of someone years older in saying very little and sounding as if he's confiding. It's rich, the author saying Milo spoke "candidly."
Justin Milo
I wasn't going to be able to play both hockey and baseball there, and I couldn't see myself doing that.
Is that not candid enough? Would you be happier if he slagged Schafer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2008 10:40AM by ugarte.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.innovestsystems.com)
Date: October 24, 2008 11:13AM

ugarte
billhoward
Justin Milo
I wasn't going to be able to play both hockey and baseball there, and I couldn't see myself doing that.

Frankly, Yes I would. I hate it when athletes of any team, in any sport leave the team and say "There were issues" I'd rather they tell us the details.

I guess I am not saying I wanted him to slag Schafer, but I would like him to say I had problems X, Y, and Z with person/organization A, B, and C.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 11:26AM

Dpperk29
ugarte
billhoward
Justin Milo

Frankly, Yes I would. I hate it when athletes of any team, in any sport leave the team and say "There were issues" I'd rather they tell us the details.

I guess I am not saying I wanted him to slag Schafer, but I would like him to say I had problems X, Y, and Z with person/organization A, B, and C.
I'm not sure how much clearer he could have made it. He wanted to play both sports. Schafer apparently wouldn't go for it. So he left. Next topic?

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: October 24, 2008 12:03PM

Dpperk29
ugarte
billhoward
Justin Milo

Yeah, fuck decorum! Why let bygones be bygones? If Justin Milo was blacklisted from Division I hockey, he'd have a reason to complain. Instead, he had a happy freshman year, a sophomore year as a one-sport star and three more years of eligibility. I don't see why he'd be bitter enough to look back in anger.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 24, 2008 01:53PM

Al DeFlorio
I'm not sure how much clearer he could have made it. He wanted to play both sports. Schafer apparently wouldn't go for it. So he left. Next topic?

Thank you, Al. I don't know why every Milo quote in the media turns into a fiasco on the eLf. If for some reason you're not satisfied, his email is Justin.Milo@uvm.edu

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: October 24, 2008 01:57PM

ugarte
Dpperk29
ugarte
billhoward
Justin Milo

Yeah, fuck decorum! Why let bygones be bygones? If Justin Milo was blacklisted from Division I hockey, he'd have a reason to complain. Instead, he had a happy freshman year, a sophomore year as a one-sport star and three more years of eligibility. I don't see why he'd be bitter enough to look back in anger.

Yeah, I'm with ugarte. Milo has been pretty gracious with a situation that seemed to have given him a very difficult decision. He's had nothing but positive things to say about the University and the program. He found himself in a situation that unfortunately was not a good fit. It happens, and there's no lingering ill will. He seems like a really good kid, and I have nothing but the best wishes for him. If I ever find myself at a Vermont game, I'll be cheering my heart out for him. Even if it's against Cornell, I'll give him some applause when he steps onto the ice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login