Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2009 Frozen Four in DC

Posted by Rita 
2009 Frozen Four in DC
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 08:39PM

The letters are in the mail. Unfortunately, the letter I received today started with "we regret to inform you ...". Bummer. :-/

I find it interesting that the form letter was dated August 1st, and the envelope postmarked July 30th. I guess there is at least one person at the NC$$ that is efficient.

Re: 2009 Frozen Four in DC
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 10:11PM

I now live in DC! How close was this to happening?

Is there a bar that DC people have historically been able to reserve for watching on Cornell game nights?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2008 10:43PM

LaJollaRed
I now live in DC! How close was this to happening?

Is there a bar that DC people have historically been able to reserve for watching on Cornell game nights?
Yes.

And I've forgotten it; I want to say the Marriot near E Street Cinema, but I am likely smoking crayons. Call the DC Cornell Club -- they're way too Tracy Flick, but they'll know.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: August 01, 2008 01:05AM

LaJollaRed
I now live in DC! How close [is] this to happening?
About 8 months. Frozen Four sites are already set through 2011.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.182.179.24.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 01, 2008 01:35PM

I feel badly for Rita, who is such a great fan. But I got the letter today telling me the good news that Elie and I have our tickets for the Frozen Four. Now Cornell has to make sure it gets there!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: August 01, 2008 01:48PM

Yes, it sucks to get a rejection letter. Especially since the whole priority thing is based on being selected (they're still doing that, right?). But then getting tickets to the FF at reasonable prices hasn't usually been much of a challenge. If you want to go you probably can go.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.innovestsystems.com)
Date: August 01, 2008 02:31PM

dbilmes
Now Cornell has to make sure it gets there!

unfortunatly, I doubt any ECAC team is going to have what it takes to make it this year.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2008 03:08PM

Basically, whenever we make it it will because some superpower team didn't, and we'll be able to gobble up their tickets. Reasonable prices? Maybe, but that is not the priority in this situation. crazy

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 01, 2008 04:47PM

I'm in.

Date: August 01, 2008 05:01PM

Trotsky
Maybe, but that is not the priority in this situation. crazy
Still worth noting though. I mean a hoops fan could say the same thing if by some act of god Cornell basketball were to make the Final Four. There are always tickets available if money is no object. For college hockey you don't have to break the bank to get in the door.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: August 02, 2008 03:35PM

dbilmes
I feel badly for Rita, who is such a great fan. But I got the letter today telling me the good news that Elie and I have our tickets for the Frozen Four. Now Cornell has to make sure it gets there!

Well, this is the 3rd straight year I've gotten rejected with a priority level of 3. dbilmes and Jim Hyla, care to share what your priority level is? I'm just curious. If they want to reward the most loyal attendees with this system, they sure aren't doing it in my book.

I bought Anaheim tickets from the box office in '99. (priority 1)
My application was accepted for Buffalo in '03 (2)
I bought tickets from Columbus when they notified me they had extras (3)

Every other year (except '02) since 2000, I've applied for tickets and failed. Like Keith suggested, I can always find tickets. But it's starting to really irk me that even though I'm attending every freaking FF (except '02) my "priority" level isn't improving one damn bit. I feel like people below me are passing me.

cuss cuss cuss

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 03, 2008 12:16AM

RichH

Well, this is the 3rd straight year I've gotten rejected with a priority level of 3. dbilmes and Jim Hyla, care to share what your priority level is?

4, but it is the luck of the draw.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 03, 2008 03:30PM

RichH
Well, this is the 3rd straight year I've gotten rejected with a priority level of 3. dbilmes and Jim Hyla, care to share what your priority level is?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 05, 2008 12:14AM

dbilmes

Ditto for Mark and me.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 09:57AM

I'm in this year too, got my 'acceptance letter' Friday.

The system works in two ways. Part of the tickets are doled out purely based on priority, and the remainder are random. That way new people have a shot too, and you have the ability to work your priority up.

I think in order to get priority tickets you have to be at least a 4 or 5 at this point. Its a bit harder for Johnny-come-laters (including myself) who haven't been in it from the start.

With my acceptance this year I'm up to 3, so I'm pretty darn sure it's all been the random part so far (I got Columbus '05, Denver '08, and now DC '09 - I was rejected from Boston '04, Milwaukee '06, and St Louis '07). So far my luck is right at 50%, although only based on two back-to-back gets, before which I was only 1 for 4.

Next year will be a nice opportunity to up your number, as everyone is expected to receive tickets to Ford Field Detroit. And it *will* up your priority number, so long as your priority number is > 0 to begin with. I'm hoping by getting my number up to 4 I might start to get some priority lottery tickets.

Looking forward to seeing you in DC, as I plan on going to my first FF since '03, and the most convenient one since then too.

Date: August 05, 2008 12:08PM

DeltaOne81
Next year will be a nice opportunity to up your number, as everyone is expected to receive tickets to Ford Field Detroit. And it *will* up your priority number, so long as your priority number is > 0 to begin with. I'm hoping by getting my number up to 4 I might start to get some priority lottery tickets.
An opportunity for those who don't care about priority too. Big supply of tickets = low prices close to the event.

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 29, 2008 01:39AM

I got mine... also with no priority. :-)

maybe you can take your ding letters to Johnny's for beer? **]

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: August 29, 2008 08:28AM

redGrinch
I got mine... also with no priority. :-)

maybe you can take your ding letters to Johnny's for beer? **]

or maybe some Vietnamese food.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: August 29, 2008 10:30AM

KeithK
DeltaOne81
An opportunity for those who don't care about priority too. Big supply of tickets = low prices close to the event.

So long as Mich & Mich St don't make it, yeah.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 02, 2008 11:21AM

West and Midwest regional locations named for 2010 and 2011

[www.uscho.com]

In 2010, Notre Dame will host the Midwest regional from March 27-28 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Ind. and the West regional will be hosted by Minnestoa at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. from March 26-27.

Michigan Tech will host the Midwest regional at the ReschCenter in Green Bay, Wis. from March 26-27, 2011 and the CCHA will host the West regional at Scottrade Center in St. Louis on March 25-26, 2011.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 02, 2008 12:59PM

They're going back to St. Louis? Really?

Why?

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: September 02, 2008 01:36PM

Josh '99

Why?

Neutral site and NHL sized ice surface. There aren't that many rinks out west that fit both these requirements.

It will be interesting to see how well the Fort Wayne, IN regional will draw particularly if neither one of the Michigan teams is placed there. Hockey regional in IN in the middle of March Madness. That is really mind boggling.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 02, 2008 01:46PM

Josh '99

Why?

Because BBQ, breweries, and blondes from Bloomington never gets old?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.nccr.epa.gov)
Date: September 03, 2008 01:09PM

LaJollaRed, whenever the Men's hockey team is on TV, I organize a game watch on behalf of the Cornell Club of Washington. Locations vary. Trotsky was thinking of Grand Slam Sports Bar at the Grand Hyatt, which is always a good location. Last March we had the Mens BBall tourney game there and the Men's semi game at the Penn Quarter Sports Tavern the next day. [www.cornellclubdc.org]

We are/I am looking forward to hosting a Happy Hour get together for everyone coming down for the Frozen Four. See you in April!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login