Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Walkup sales in Albany?

Posted by MOBalum 
Walkup sales in Albany?
Posted by: MOBalum (---.gti.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 04:08PM

New guy here - is it laughable to think I can make a Friday decision on whether to go or not and still buy tickets at the door? Are we talking an MSG-like showing of CU fans, or more like Hobey Baker Rink?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Walkup sales in Albany?
Posted by: redhair34 (---.bc.edu)
Date: March 17, 2008 04:14PM

MOBalum
New guy here - is it laughable to think I can make a Friday decision on whether to go or not and still buy tickets at the door? Are we talking an MSG-like showing of CU fans, or more like Hobey Baker Rink?

Thanks in advance...

there will be PLENTY of tickets available

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 04:15PM

Neither. I've never bought tickets in advance. The games in Albany never sell out and you don't have to buy "SRO" - plenty of comfortable seats available.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: March 17, 2008 04:52PM

Two years ago I drove there for the championship game. Plenty of seats available in the Cornell section (not that it matters- you can basically sit wherever you want).

That reminds me...some sucks fans had a luxury box, and had their view "obstructed" by standing Cornell fans. The "yeah right" face that this one security guard gave was priceless when the harvard snobs demanded (in a not so pleasant manner) that he force the entire section of Cornell fans to sit.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:21PM

Cactus12
That reminds me...some sucks fans had a luxury box, and had their view "obstructed" by standing Cornell fans. The "yeah right" face that this one security guard gave was priceless when the harvard snobs demanded (in a not so pleasant manner) that he force the entire section of Cornell fans to sit.
I have sympathy, in that I would be pissed if I bought an expensive box with the expectation that I would be able to watch the game in a seated position. IMO, the arena did the wrong thing by not understanding the MO of Cornell fans in advance and leaving one or two boxes empty, and in not providing accommodation to the Harvard fans by moving them to another box or refunding their money which I'm 100% sure they didn't do even though there's no way for me to know that.

FWIW, I was standing in the second row in front of that box, and heard first-hand what was going on. Not much I could say to them other than, "Get everyone in front of me to sit and I'll sit."

Kyle

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:51PM

I agree to a certain degree, and I was saying the same thing- "get everyone else in front to sit". However, I did hear the rink officials offer to move them. Their initial response to that was less than appropriate, and they were basically acting like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds. (I lost sympathy quickly)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 06:29PM

krose
I have sympathy, in that I would be pissed if I bought an expensive box with the expectation that I would be able to watch the game in a seated position.
But why oh why would you ever want to watch a college hockey game in a seated position?

(Cue the outraged folks with stories of bad knees or other infirmities. :-D)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 06:31PM

Cactus12
However, I did hear the rink officials offer to move them. Their initial response to that was less than appropriate, and they were basically acting like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds. (I lost sympathy quickly)
Ah, I must have missed that part. Did you hear where they offered to move them?

Kyle

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 06:32PM

krose
Cactus12
However, I did hear the rink officials offer to move them. Their initial response to that was less than appropriate, and they were basically acting like a bunch of spoiled 5 year olds. (I lost sympathy quickly)
If he said "with the other Harvard fans," that is probably what led to the invective.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 08:35PM

KeithK
But why oh why would you ever want to watch a college hockey game in a seated position?

(Cue the outraged folks with stories of bad knees or other infirmities. :-D)

Maybe you think that is something to smile and laugh about, but as someone who takes care of some of those folks I take offense at your attitude. Sure you're only going to say that you were only kidding; but poking fun at people who, through no fault of their own, have problems that don't allow them to live their life as easily as the rest of us, is not what I call fun. Heaven forbid that one of the "Lynah faithful" gets one of those infirmities and finds it difficult to watch their favorites. Shame on you.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:30AM

Jim Hyla
Maybe you think that is something to smile and laugh about, but as someone who takes care of some of those folks I take offense at your attitude.
Jim, read Keith's reply again and lighten up. banana

Kyle

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 01:24AM

ugarte
krose
Cactus12
If he said "with the other Harvard fans," that is probably what led to the invective.
I'd just expect that to lead to confusion.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:01AM

What the heck is wrong with people on here lately? I can't read a thread without someone taking offense to something that so doesn't call for it. Geez, can't we all just get along? :-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2008 07:01AM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: redice (---.154.221.107.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 08:07AM

DeltaOne81
What the heck is wrong with people on here lately? I can't read a thread without someone taking offense to something that so doesn't call for it. Geez, can't we all just get along? :-P

Probably nothing that wouldn't be corrected by a winning streak of, ummmm, half-dozen games..;-)

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 08:19AM

redice
DeltaOne81

Probably nothing that wouldn't be corrected by a winning streak of, ummmm, half-dozen games..;-)

I'd be content with a winning streak of two games, but I'll take six. :-P

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 11:13AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
redice
DeltaOne81

I believe I'm rooting for a nine game win streak at this point. Though anything more than five would be gravy.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:32PM

KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82
redice
DeltaOne81

I believe I'm rooting for a nine game win streak at this point. Though anything more than five would be gravy.
I'm confused, how many sports are involved in this win streak?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:41PM

Josh '99
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82
redice
DeltaOne81

Currently on a three game streak. Six more to go makes nine.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:49PM

KeithK
Josh '99
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82
redice
DeltaOne81

Ahh. That does make sense then. doh

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 05:54PM

Josh '99
KeithK
Josh '99
KeithK
Jeff Hopkins '82
redice
DeltaOne81

Ahh. That does make sense then. doh

yeah, I missed that part, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login