Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson skates 3 1/3 lines in Florida Classic

Posted by lynah80 
Clarkson skates 3 1/3 lines in Florida Classic
Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 10:33AM

Four key players for Clarkson didn't play against Maine because they violated team rules. They skated only 3 1/3 lines. See: [clarksonathletics.com]

Re: Clarkson skates 3 1/3 lines in Florida Classic
Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 01:48PM

Not on the ice last night for Clarkson: Bellows, Marks, Rufenbach, Tuttle, Zalewski

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 03:29PM

lynah80
Not on the ice last night for Clarkson: Bellows, Marks, Rufenbach, Tuttle, Zalewski
But they're playing this afternoon. What kind of punishment is that? They got to go to Florida anyway. Should have made 'em shovel the sidewalks back in Potsdam for two days.

Posted by: Luke 05 (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: December 29, 2007 03:58PM

Speaking of violating rules for the Florida Everblades:

[www.dallasnews.com]

Posted by: ebilmes (199.72.180.---)
Date: December 29, 2007 10:36PM

Luke 05
Speaking of violating rules for the Florida Everblades:

[www.dallasnews.com]

This was on the local (FL) news last night. Apparently the passenger he head-butted was an off-duty pilot.

Posted by: Rich S (---.ad.clarkson.edu)
Date: January 05, 2008 11:28AM

It's actually a far greater punishment for a player to be required to attend the game and WATCH it from the stands when he's not allowed to play.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with cornell's disciplinary issues.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: January 05, 2008 11:42AM

Rich S

Why? As a fan of college hockey, I think it's reasonable to be concerned when any school has public disciplinary issues.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 05, 2008 11:43AM

Rich S

Which is akin to, "Perhaps you should be more concerned with Clarkson's hockey fan forum." I'm not saying that I agree with that statement, but your comment to Al is completely ridiculous.

Posted by: Rich S (128.153.99.---)
Date: January 05, 2008 01:03PM

Trust me, I am MORE concerned with the Clarkson forum. That doesn't preclude me, as a college hockey fan, form reading or posting on this forum.

Similarly, shouldn't D1 fans be interested in the endowment of a coaching position at other schools? Recently, the opinion expressed here was that fans on this forum wouldn't care. That surprised me.

I opined that that the punishment of having to sit to watch a game you're not allowed to play in is fitting, more so than not being allowed to make the trip.

I know a lot of coaches at the college and high school level who do it this way.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 05, 2008 01:07PM

Rich S
Similarly, shouldn't D1 fans be interested in the endowment of a coaching position at other schools? Recently, the opinion expressed here was that fans on this forum wouldn't care. That surprised me.

You're taking the comments of a few people and attributing it to the hundreds of other regular posters. I was interested but didn't feel I had to step in and post anything.

Rich S
I opined that that the punishment of having to sit to watch a game you're not allowed to play in is fitting, more so than not being allowed to make the trip.

And others gave their opinion that you felt the need to take a (what seemed to be) obnoxious shot at as if you were somehow offended.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: January 05, 2008 01:42PM

Rich S

Ignoring for a moment your change of subject, I certainly was. But really, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're basically saying "mind your own business" for the bad Clarkson news, and "hey, pay attention to us!" for the good Clarkson news. As a D1 fan and ECAC fan, I tend to pay attention to everything.

I know a lot of coaches at the college and high school level who do it this way.

I completely agree with you. Unless a serious law was broken, I have no problem with them making the trip. This was a violation of team rules. I'm glad Roll sat them for that.

Al doesn't speak for all of us, you know.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2008 01:44PM by RichH.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2008 04:48PM

Rich S

Who expressed that opinion? I expressed the opinion that it didn't necessarily belong in the Cornell Hockey discussion area. If the endowment of any D1 coaching position belongs here, what type of news about other D1 programs doesn't belong here? At what point does it just become the College Hockey forum?

Generally the Cornell posters do a pretty good job of finding the balance, and Age does a pretty good job of moving the stuff that he thinks doesn't belong. He and I certainly won't always agree, so it's far less likely that you and I will. :-)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 06, 2008 12:31PM

nyc94
Rich S

And others gave their opinion that you felt the need to take a (what seemed to be) obnoxious shot at as if you were somehow offended.

Precisely. I used the example of you posting here simply as a comparison to show that I thought your comment was ridiculous. I definitely wouldn't try to exclude anyone who brings an interesting viewpoint and certainly wouldn't have given you a recommendation and review of Stout if I was against your presence on the forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login