Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

BC at Harvard

Posted by sah67 
BC at Harvard
Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: December 12, 2007 08:21PM

EDIT: 7-2 BC final...Richter was pulled, and Gerbe had 4 goals. Apparently it was pretty chippy game, with Harvard getting most of the penalties. A couple fights broke out too.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 09:21PM by sah67.

Re: BC at Harvard
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 13, 2007 07:07AM

Although the most that came out of the fights was a couple of 10-minute misconducts.

M. Biega had both H goals, on the power play.

I'm still amazed at how badly BC fans travel.

ETA: Richter was pulled after goal #6, but not immediately after. Gave up a lot of rebounds, but the H D also tended to leave guys open on the doorstep.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2007 07:09AM by jtwcornell91.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 13, 2007 07:28PM

Am looking fwd to seeing Jerry York's return to Tech when BC visits Clarkson on Jan 5. Will be interesting to see how many BC fans travel.

Former Clarkson and BC coach Lenny Ceglarski will be honored before the game. One of his former players, retired CEO of Bell Canada, Jocko MacLennon has endowed the hockey head coach's position with a large donation.

Should be a great Knight to be there.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 13, 2007 08:49PM

Rich S
Yeah, you definitely don't want to be tard-y for that.

Kyle

Posted by: Robb (12.46.32.---)
Date: December 13, 2007 09:07PM

krose
Rich S
Yeah, you definitely don't want to be tard-y for that.

Kyle
If only I could rep you...

Posted by: Rich S (---.wayneschools.com)
Date: December 14, 2007 03:57PM

Were you on time when Ned was honored at Lynah?

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: December 14, 2007 07:15PM

Rich S

I sure was, but I didn't feel compelled to announce the ceremony on the Round Table though doh

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 15, 2007 01:44AM

Rich S
Am looking fwd to seeing Jerry York's return to Tech when BC visits Clarkson on Jan 5. Will be interesting to see how many BC fans travel.

Former Clarkson and BC coach Lenny Ceglarski will be honored before the game. One of his former players, retired CEO of Bell Canada, Jocko MacLennon has endowed the hockey head coach's position with a large donation.

Come on, guys. He was benign when he said this. In fact I found it interesting. Do we have to jump regardless of what is said?pop

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: December 19, 2007 03:24PM

Jim Hyla
Come on, guys. He was benign when he said this. In fact I found it interesting. Do we have to jump regardless of what is said?pop
Are you new here? Because I know a guy with the exact same name as you. He posts here a lot and might get upset that you are using his handle.

Posted by: Rich S (---.wayneschools.com)
Date: December 20, 2007 01:51PM

sah67
Rich S

I sure was, but I didn't feel compelled to announce the ceremony on the Round Table though doh

Then perhaps someone beat you to it.

I think there are enough "old-timers" on this board who remember Lenny Ceglarksi both from his years at Clarkson and following that, at BC, his alma mater. He certainly coached Tech in memorable games against the Big Red. At the time he retired, he was the alltime winningest coach in D1 history.

The news of any D1 hockey coaching position being endowed should be reason enough to post it here for serious fans of the game to read.

Then again, as Jim wondered,perhaps you do feel compelled to "jump" at anything.

that posting the news of

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 20, 2007 02:45PM

Rich S
The news of any D1 hockey coaching position being endowed should be reason enough to post it here for serious fans of the game to read.

You really think so? I'm not so sure. But in any event, if it were, I think it still wouldn't belong in the "Cornell Hockey" section of the forum.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: December 20, 2007 03:23PM

Sorry, I don't remember Lenny. But (no BS) his nephew, Bill, just hung new gutters and replaced some ailing clapboard on my house.

BTW, I knew I had the right guy for the job when he agreed that Harvard sucks and said he's no fan of Donato (or BU's Parker, for that matter). Oh yeah, and he does nice work as well.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 20, 2007 04:13PM

Beeeej
Rich S

You really think so? I'm not so sure. But in any event, if it were, I think it still wouldn't belong in the "Cornell Hockey" section of the forum.
Personally I consider ECAC hockey stories as being appropriate for the "Cornell Hockey" forum (as opposed to "Other Sports" or JSID). Age may feel otherwise, of course.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 20, 2007 04:21PM

KeithK
Beeeej
Rich S

Personally I consider ECAC hockey stories as being appropriate for the "Cornell Hockey" forum (as opposed to "Other Sports" or JSID). Age may feel otherwise, of course.

I agree, though there still need to be limits - otherwise you run the risk of, say, a Clarkson Roundtable within eLynah. But certainly where it's relevant to Cornell, it belongs.

"Any D1 hockey coaching position," though...?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 20, 2007 05:23PM

Beeeej
KeithK

I agree, though there still need to be limits - otherwise you run the risk of, say, a Clarkson Roundtable within eLynah. But certainly where it's relevant to Cornell, it belongs.

"Any D1 hockey coaching position," though...?

What a great idea. You should talk to someone in Gold. Just think of the prestige of hosting the Roundtable of an engineering school.woot

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 20, 2007 06:14PM

Rich S
sah67
Rich S

Then perhaps someone beat you to it.

I think there are enough "old-timers" on this board who remember Lenny Ceglarksi both from his years at Clarkson and following that, at BC, his alma mater. He certainly coached Tech in memorable games against the Big Red. At the time he retired, he was the alltime winningest coach in D1 history.

Then again, as Jim wondered,perhaps you do feel compelled to "jump" at anything.
The impression I had was that Kyle was just jumping on your poor "should be a great Knight to be there" pun, not on the information itself. I could be wrong though.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 20, 2007 07:15PM

Josh '99
The impression I had was that Kyle was just jumping on your poor "should be a great Knight to be there" pun, not on the information itself. I could be wrong though.
No, you're right.

Kyle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login