Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

MSG tix - according to Lynah box office

Posted by heykb 
MSG tix - according to Lynah box office
Posted by: heykb (131.249.80.---)
Date: November 13, 2007 01:36PM

This isn't a ticket exchange request, just a statement of the status for those trying to get tickets through Cornell.

I just got off the phone with a helpful gentleman at Lynah who is sending me the last 4 tickets for non-students in the Cornell-sold sections. They're actually in 4 different sections, so I'll be scrambling to arrange it so we can sit together. They're in the 300 level (list price $24).

There are evidently around 20-30 student tickets left for Big Red Sports Pass voucher holders. If they don't get claimed by Friday (16th), they will be sold on Monday a.m. to students.

Ticketmaster continues to act as though they've sold the game out. I tried a few different days and times to go through their website with no availability at all, so evidently they really don't have anything left to sell.

You're going to be looking at aftermarket sellers from this point on, I'd guess.

Karl '77

Re: MSG tix - according to Lynah box office
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 13, 2007 02:47PM

You should also check with the Cornell Clubs around the area. They may not be sold out. PM me if you want the contact person at the Cornell Club of NYC (I don't want to publicly post her name/direct dial).

If you call and she says that she is sold out, either tell me or post it to the board so that she doesn't keep getting calls from Forum readers.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2007 03:15PM

Did you just call up and ask for tickets or were you on a wait list?

Date: November 13, 2007 06:53PM

Chris '03
Did you just call up and ask for tickets or were you on a wait list?
When I called (about a month ago) I was told that they had sold out their initial allotment, but that they were getting more. I was put on a list for that allotment, and was given my tix when they came in. I don't know if they sold those out.

Posted by: dag14 (---.cals.cornell.edu)
Date: November 14, 2007 01:43PM

I was at MSG on Friday and was told that they only had a few single seats left in the nose bleed section.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 06:39PM

Man...it just hit me that if the ticket sales being reported are actually true, this regular season game in November really could outdraw some of the recent Frozen Fours, attendance-wise.

One knock on why NYC shouldn't put a FF bid together has been the lack of interest for college hockey. This could certainly make an impact.

Another knock is that the hayseeds from traditionally rural college hockey towns are afraid of the big bad city. Nothing we can do to really change that.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 07:44PM

A Frozen Four in New York City is exactly what the MSG people should be thinking. I bought mine at the box office about six weeks ago (thought I'd get better seats than through Cornell - wrong) and the box office guy was blown away how well the seats were selling. I got the feeling MSG didn't have a circus Thanksgiving weekend and the place was going to be dark otherwise Saturday night, so if you can get 8000 people in the building, that's good. Now it might be all 18,000.

I grew up in Rochester with the upstater's distaste of the ugly, violent, dirty city, but I've been going in now for 20 years and I can't ever say I've been scared walking the streets after dark, but maybe I've been lucky, too. Compared to the bad days, it's cleaner not clean, friendlier not friendly, and safer if not 100% safe. The biggest danger is being robbed blind paying for hotel rooms.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 07:46PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 07:54PM

billhoward
The biggest danger is being robbed blind paying for hotel rooms.

Probably the biggest deterrent to a frozen four there. The costs for the players to stay there would be exorbitant, nevermind all the fans.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 08:00PM

Jacob '06
billhoward

Probably the biggest deterrent to a frozen four there. The costs for the players to stay there would be exorbitant, nevermind all the fans.

The NCAA picks up the tab for players and coaches. Plus of course a small, dedicated, work-ethic NCAA executive staff. The fans who have family in Bergen County or Westchester are in great shape. The others are screwed.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 08:03PM

billhoward
The NCAA picks up the tab for players and coaches. Plus of course a small, dedicated, work-ethic NCAA executive staff. The fans who have family in Bergen County or Westchester are in great shape. The others are screwed.

The NCAA also picks where they will be getting ripped off for hotel rooms...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:01PM

Jacob '06
billhoward

The bidding for the right to sleep on my couch during a hypothetical future Frozen Four at MSG will start at $500/night. upto

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:26PM

Josh '99
Jacob '06
billhoward

The bidding for the right to sleep on my couch during a hypothetical future Frozen Four at MSG will start at $500/night. upto

I'm staying in Jersey.

Which is actually a good point. When you bring into account MetroNorth, PATH, NJTransit, and LIRR, as well as whatever bus service that the NCAA could possibly sponsor, there are tons of accessible, affordable options that are available. They just need some creative and marketing-able people on the NYC bid team to sell how easy it really is to get around to the NCAA and the FF regulars. Has NYC ever hosted a Basketball Final Four?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:59PM

RichH
Has NYC ever hosted a Basketball Final Four?

Yes, though not since the infamous CCNY victory in 1950. But NYC hosted it (at the Garden, of course) for six years straight in the 1940s.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 08:17AM

Beeeej
RichH
Has NYC ever hosted a Basketball Final Four?

Yes, though not since the infamous CCNY victory in 1950. But NYC hosted it (at the Garden, of course) for six years straight in the 1940s.

Didn't the Meadowlands host a Final Four maybe 10 years back? I think the only reason there hasn't been one in New York or the metro area since then is because they don't have a venue big enough. The Final Four is always played in domed football stadiums now, and I think the one in the Meadowlands was the last one played in a small arena. If the Jets had gotten that stadium in Manhattan, you can be sure there would have been a Final Four and a Super Bowl there, and probably a major college bowl game.

Date: November 15, 2007 11:14AM

billhoward
Jacob '06
billhoward

The NCAA picks up the tab for players and coaches. Plus of course a small, dedicated, work-ethic NCAA executive staff.
Finding out that the NCAA picks up the tab for players, coaches and NCAA staff does not make it more likely that the NCAA will choose to go someplace expensive.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 16, 2007 11:04AM

ugarte
You should also check with the Cornell Clubs around the area. They may not be sold out. PM me if you want the contact person at the Cornell Club of NYC (I don't want to publicly post her name/direct dial).

If you call and she says that she is sold out, either tell me or post it to the board so that she doesn't keep getting calls from Forum readers.

Cornell Club of NYC is sold out. Good luck getting tix to everyone who doesn't have them, but wants them, and doesn't like spending $300 per seat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login