Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

18 season tickets still available

Posted by jdonofrio 
18 season tickets still available
Posted by: jdonofrio (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 21, 2007 09:16PM

I just bought a season ticket on 10/19 at 4:30 at Bartels ticket office and they said 18 were left after I bought mine. Most of the tickets left are in section F.

Re: 18 season tickets still available
Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2007 12:11AM

they joys of the lottery system. I know more than one person that started out on the waitinglist. How many people that got line numbers didn't even bother to show up at Bartells (Or at least find some someone to hold your number for you)?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2007 02:18AM

So now athletics knows there's no more need for a lottery and campout, and will just go back to putting the tickets on sale at a certain time and letting people line up whenever they want?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ORgrad (---.cleannet.orie.cornell.edu)
Date: October 22, 2007 10:01AM

Exhibit #269 why the Ticket Office is broken... no one I know on the wait list has been contacted yet.

Posted by: KP '06 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: October 22, 2007 10:11AM

ORgrad
Exhibit #269 why the Ticket Office is broken... no one I know on the wait list has been contacted yet.

I also know grads on the waiting list who haven't been contacted. Maybe they're obligated to sell these seats to undergrads? Hooray red tape.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2007 12:34PM

Yeah. My gf was on the grad wait list. When she contacted them, they said all the grad tickets were gone. Then her sister, an undergrad, tried to get tickets last Monday. They said they were still waiting for replies from people on the wait list. Finally on Wednesday they decided to start selling what they had. At that point, grads could buy the leftover undergrad tickets for the undergrad price. I heard that there were 300 unsold student season tickets after the ticket line last year.

Date: October 22, 2007 04:18PM

There are at least 50 tickets sitting over there right now. I'm not buying 'em. The ticket office has screwed up too many years now and I'm kind of hoping they don't sell out season tix by this weekend.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2007 04:27PM

Yeah, it'll definitely serve 'em right if you stay home from hockey games.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 22, 2007 04:52PM

I don't think I said I wasn't going to sit in the stands...

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: October 22, 2007 05:02PM

If you have another way of attending the games, then not buying the remaining tickets doesn't make much of a statement either, does it?

I have little doubt they'll sell out any remaining tickets on game days, at least as long as the team doesn't start sucking royally.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: elcielo917 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: October 22, 2007 07:51PM

if i'm not mistaken, people who purchased the big red sports pass were given the privilege of being first off the wait list. that might explain some of the inconsistencies in people not contacted...not that i'm trying to defend the ticket office. the lottery sucks.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2007 11:21PM

elcielo917
if i'm not mistaken, people who purchased the big red sports pass were given the privilege of being first off the wait list. that might explain some of the inconsistencies in people not contacted...not that i'm trying to defend the ticket office. the lottery sucks.

That's what I thought at first, but I looked back at the ticket info:

4 - 100 seats held for students who purchased the Big Red Sports Pass prior to the Sept. 23 drawing and did not become eligible for seats in blocks 2 and 3. Note: these students will be contacted after the drawings and informed of their eligibility for block 4.

The 100 sports pass seats would have been sold at the end of the camp-out, so the remaining seats should go to people on the wait list regardless of whether or not they were suckered into buying the sports pass. I'd imagine Athletics is doing their best to sell these remaining seats so they don't have big holes in the back of F.

I can't see Athletics ditching the lottery because of 2 straight years of unsold season tickets....even if demand for tix as a whole has dipped, enough people still covet seats in B that they'll keep this system in place.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:22PM by ebilmes.

Posted by: grizzdan24 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2007 01:05AM

ebilmes
The 100 sports pass seats would have been sold at the end of the camp-out, so the remaining seats should go to people on the wait list regardless of whether or not they were suckered into buying the sports pass.

I received the following email as a Big Red Sports Pass holder on 10/17 (although it didn't affect me because I already got my tix in the line):

Big Red Sports Pass holder,

To show our appreciation for Big Red Sports Pass (BRSP) holders' support of all Cornell teams, you are now eligible to purchase a season ticket to men's ice hockey due to your status as a BRSP holder. Remaining tickets are located in section F, which is general admission. Tickets are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first serve basis. If you already have a season ticket, please ignore this email as you are not eligible to obtain another ticket.

To get your tickets, you must visit the athletic ticket office in Bartels Hall on Thursday, October 18th, from 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Bring your student ID. Remaining tickets are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets cost $247 for the season and can only be paid for using your bursar account.

Thank you again for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the games!

--
Cornell Athletic Ticket Office
103 Bartels Hall, Campus Road
Ithaca, NY 14853

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login