Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Any update...?

Posted by amc245 
Any update...?
Posted by: amc245 (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 30, 2007 10:38AM

Has anyone heard anything recently about Riley Nash and his intentions? Last I heard, he was leaning towards CU or DU, but that was just a rumor.

Re: Any update...?
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 12:28PM

Nothing recent. Your best bet is to pay attention to Chris Heisenberg's blog at [hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com] and his general Fall 2007 recruits page at [members.aol.com].

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 30, 2007 12:34PM

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:09PM

North Dakota fans seem very comfortable contacting Riley Nash directly, so according to their message board he is a Denver-lean or hasn't made up his mind yet. It appears that next year we can expect to see him in either the WHL, AHL, NHL, BCHL, WCHA, or ECACH -- with a remote chance of ending up in either the CCHA or HE. It does appear that the AHA & CHA are out, though RIT is pushing hard for a visit. B-]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:16PM

In the Salmon Arm Observer, he's saying he's not sure whether or not he'll be babck with the 'Backs next year or be at school. It sounds like the WHL is out, and that he'll make a decision 'in the next couple of weeks.'

[www.saobserver.net]

Denver's brought in a number of walk-on forward recruits for 2007, so I wonder if the decision is Cornell for 2007 or DU/UND for '08?

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:20PM

pfibiger
Denver's brought in a number of walk-on forward recruits for 2007, so I wonder if the decision is Cornell for 2007 or DU/UND for '08?

Seems like it'd be a waste for him to spend another year in the BCHL.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:30PM

pfibiger
In the Salmon Arm Observer, he's saying he's not sure whether or not he'll be babck with the 'Backs next year or be at school. It sounds like the WHL is out, and that he'll make a decision 'in the next couple of weeks.
I'm still hoping that Nash making his decision in the next couple of weeks means that he wants to come to Cornell and is waiting for word on admission. Don't acceptance letters come out right around the beginning of April?

Date: March 30, 2007 02:40PM

KeithK
pfibiger
In the Salmon Arm Observer, he's saying he's not sure whether or not he'll be babck with the 'Backs next year or be at school. It sounds like the WHL is out, and that he'll make a decision 'in the next couple of weeks.
I'm still hoping that Nash making his decision in the next couple of weeks means that he wants to come to Cornell and is waiting for word on admission. Don't acceptance letters come out right around the beginning of April?

Keith,

I think that's already happened, and while I don't know for sure, I don't think Riley would have had a problem getting in. What does happen in early April, I think, is financial aid info comes out. I imagine that he's waiting to compare how much it'll cost to go to Cornell vs. Denver or UND.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:48PM

calgARI '07

Seems like it'd be a waste for him to spend another year in the BCHL.

I agree it doesn't make much sense. I'm sure he has professional ambitions and he'll need to fill out his frame and face tougher competition--two things he'll be better able to do in college than in the BCHL--before he's ready for the next level. It doesn't seem like it would be a wise move for his development.

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:53PM

pfibiger
Keith,

I think that's already happened, and while I don't know for sure, I don't think Riley would have had a problem getting in. What does happen in early April, I think, is financial aid info comes out. I imagine that he's waiting to compare how much it'll cost to go to Cornell vs. Denver or UND.

I don't understand why Riley's financial aid would be that differant than what Brenden recieves. He's coming out of the same household, so wouldn't his 'need' be the same as his brother's? Seems that Riley and his family should already have a pretty decent idea about what Cornell is going to cost them.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:59PM

evilnaturedrobot
pfibiger
I don't understand why Riley's financial aid would be that differant than what Brenden recieves. He's coming out of the same household, so wouldn't his 'need' be the same as his brother's? Seems that Riley and his family should already have a pretty decent idea about what Cornell is going to cost them.

But now his parents would have an additional kid in college...doesn't that factor in?

Date: March 30, 2007 03:02PM

I guess so, didn't really consider that.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 30, 2007 03:07PM

KeithK
Acceptance decisions were posted on the internet at 5pm EDT last night and put in the mail yesterday. However, you've got to wait for snail mail to see the financial aid package. In his case, I'd Fedex it or hand deliver it if that were a factor.

evilnaturedrobot

You can get more with two kids in school than you can with just one.

Date: March 30, 2007 03:11PM

thanks for clarrifying.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2007 03:11PM by evilnaturedrobot.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 03:56PM

jkahn
KeithK
Acceptance decisions were posted on the internet at 5pm EDT last night and put in the mail yesterday. However, you've got to wait for snail mail to see the financial aid package. In his case, I'd Fedex it or hand deliver it if that were a factor.
Thanks for the details. It's approaching 20 years since I got my acceptance letter, but I was pretty sure of the timing.

Does the coaching staff get advance notice about admissions decisions so they can alert recruits early? I remember getting a "you probably got in" letter from the Engineering school a month in advance and lord knows no one was pulling for me the way the hockey team is for Nash.

makes sense that financial aid would be the big factor there. Still leaves me hopeful that he wants to come to Ithaca.

(I actually went and looked up tuition costs for DU - about $3k lower than Cornell - before my brain kicked in and I realized that Denver would almost certainly offer a scholarship...)

Date: March 30, 2007 10:03PM

Riley was just named the BCHL Interior Conference Rookie of the Year. That's on top of being named Salmon Arm's rookie of the year, top scorer, and team MVP. He had a very good year. Let's hope he has another good year next year wearing red.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 30, 2007 11:32PM

pfibiger
Let's hope he has another good year next year wearing red.
And more specifically, red and white. As opposed to red and gold.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2007 02:14PM

KeithK
pfibiger
Denver calls that ugly color they wear "red"?

Date: March 31, 2007 10:16PM

Josh '99
KeithK
pfibiger
They actually call it Crimson. But it's close enough that I felt the clarification was necessary. Don't want the Sports Gods granting a poorly worded wish, do we? :-D

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 01, 2007 12:51AM

KeithK
Josh '99
KeithK
pfibiger
They actually call it Crimson. But it's close enough that I felt the clarification was necessary. Don't want the Sports Gods granting a poorly worded wish, do we? :-D
If you ever think about conflating crimson and red again, you are banned.

Date: April 01, 2007 01:54AM

ugarte
KeithK
Josh '99
KeithK
pfibiger
In my defense, I thought it was (ugly) red and yellow until I looked it up on USCHO. But fair enough - I hang my head in shame.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2007 02:42AM

KeithK
ugarte
KeithK
Josh '99
KeithK
pfibiger
In my defense, I thought it was (ugly) red and yellow until I looked it up on USCHO. But fair enough - I hang my head in shame.
It's good that you threw in the word "ugly" there. Denver has some hideous jerseys with shiny fabric in crimson and gold. I mean, we're talking maybe as ugly as the shiny orange things Princeton wore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login