Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Video for Dartmouth

Posted by Rita 
Video for Dartmouth
Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 22, 2007 08:40PM

IIRC, there was free video for last year's game at Dartmouth. In in the "audio links" there was a note indicating that it is now a subscription service. Here are the details for those of us unable to get to NE this weekend.

[www.nmnathletics.com]

For $7.95 a month you can be a "Big Green Insider" and have access to Dartmouth sports [dartmouthsports.com]

The do have a "test video" to confirm that your computer can access the video. However, I appear to be missing something because it will not play on my MacBook (in Mac mode) using WMP9. Any trouble shooting suggestions would be welcomed.

Re: Video for Dartmouth
Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 22, 2007 08:51PM

Have you ever tried running your browser through Rosetta and then opening the audio/video stream?

Date: February 22, 2007 10:12PM

nyc94
Have you ever tried running your browser through Rosetta and then opening the audio/video stream?

I'm not sure what Rosetta is or how to use it. I googled it, but there doesn't appear to be a download for it. It did have a link to the Adobe Flash Player 9 plug-in page. I ran the "un-install" program and then re-installed Flash Player 9. I tried opening the test video in both Safari and Firefox, but no luck on the MacBook in OS mode.

However, if I use my 4 year old iBook, I can see the video. So I'm good for tomorrow. I'll just watch on the iBook. However, I am curious about this plug in problem, I can't access video (like the of the Long Island Mummy from last week) on CNN.com due to some "missing plug-in".

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2007 10:42PM

I can't view it on my PowerBook either. i don't get any message though. The pop-up that opens up is just a blank page, When I view source there's nothing there at all.

I'm very confused.

Edit: Fixed! I turned off Flip4Mac plug-in (which lets you watch WMV in QuickTime), and then it loaded fine. Hmmm... $8 to watch one game? Maybe.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2007 10:46PM by DeltaOne81.

Date: February 22, 2007 11:10PM

DeltaOne81
I can't view it on my PowerBook either. i don't get any message though. The pop-up that opens up is just a blank page, When I view source there's nothing there at all.

I'm very confused.

Edit: Fixed! I turned off Flip4Mac plug-in (which lets you watch WMV in QuickTime), and then it loaded fine. Hmmm... $8 to watch one game? Maybe.

I figured that should the puck bounce the wrong way this weekend and we end up 5 and DU is 4, this subscription might get more than one use. I really do hope that it is $8 for only one game (but for the rest of the month you could also watch women's hockey and lacrosse....).

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2007 11:29PM

Rita
I figured that should the puck bounce the wrong way this weekend and we end up 5 and DU is 4, this subscription might get more than one use. I really do hope that it is $8 for only one game (but for the rest of the month you could also watch women's hockey and lacrosse....).

Hmmm, good point. I'll sleep on it.

Date: February 22, 2007 11:30PM

Rita
nyc94

I'm not sure what Rosetta is or how to use it. I googled it, but there doesn't appear to be a download for it. It did have a link to the Adobe Flash Player 9 plug-in page. I ran the "un-install" program and then re-installed Flash Player 9. I tried opening the test video in both Safari and Firefox, but no luck on the MacBook in OS mode.

However, if I use my 4 year old iBook, I can see the video. So I'm good for tomorrow. I'll just watch on the iBook. However, I am curious about this plug in problem, I can't access video (like the of the Long Island Mummy from last week) on CNN.com due to some "missing plug-in".

Rosetta is the program that lets you run PowerPC programs on your Intel MacBook. It came with your computer and it launches automatically if you run a non-Intel program. By launch automatically I mean it runs in the background and you won't see any sign it is running like an icon in the dock. For example I use Office v.X on my MacBook Pro and it runs just as fast as on my old Powerbook. Anyway, close your browser. Go to the Finder and locate the icon for whatever browser your are using, Highlight the icon and select "get info" under File. Click the box for "open with Rosetta". Open your Browser and try to connect to the audio or video. My limited understanding last fall was that some sites were incompatible with the Intel versions of WMV and other players. Not saying this will work but I think I did this for the Brown game or one of the other early games and it worked, Or watch on your iBook.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2007 12:08AM

Rita
DeltaOne81

I'm very confused.

Ah, but is it $7.95 for a one-month period from when you subscribe, or is it $7.95 for each calendar month? If we play at Dartmouth in the playoffs, it'll be in March.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ravi '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2007 04:09PM

Does anyone have any idea what the video quality will be like? I don't want to fork over $8 if I won't be able to see the puck. Thanks

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:37PM

you can always use it to root for colg on sat if things go wrong on friday..

and it we stay top 4 you get to watch a first round match next week against someone as well..

Date: February 23, 2007 06:41PM

The video for the swimming meet is available. Video quality seems decent even with the occasional close-up of a swimmer. However, I am watching on a mac (ibook) and have the "tiny screen that I cannot make bigger" issue. This was a problem last season with the Cornell hockey games and Macs.

If anyone who is tech savy decides to pay per view and can post the source URL code, I'll try pasting that into the WMP window and see if I can get the video in a bigger screen.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:43PM

and for those wonderint the account is good for one month .. so march 23 if you subscribe today.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:48PM

Not sure about the video, but Dartmouth's audio is up (it's good to hear pretentious college swill is not dead), while the Cornell audio is still "your event had not yet started."

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:50PM

Trotsky
Not sure about the video, but Dartmouth's audio is up (it's good to hear pretentious college swill is not dead), while the Cornell audio is still "your event had not yet started."
Delayed-Access is now up--featuring a jerk named Mark and typical right-wing horseshit.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:51PM

Cornell audio is now up, but some whackjob is bloviating.

Date: February 23, 2007 06:52PM

Trotsky
Cornell audio is now up, but some whackjob is bloviating.
My All-Access window says gametime is 7:30. Can that be?

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:54PM

The game is starting a half hour late because of a women's playoff game.

Date: February 23, 2007 06:57PM

cbuckser
So...I thought I'd watch some swimming in the meantime and, instead, Random-Access is giving me a Princeton women's basketball game. Terrific.

Posted by: ravi '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2007 06:59PM

I have tried on a PC and mac and I can't seem to make the video full screen or even reasonably big - any thoughts? I hope I don't have to watch on this tiny screen.

Date: February 23, 2007 07:13PM

On the PC do you have the "full screen option"? Did you try double clicking on the picture?

I booted up my MacBook in PC mode and it works fine. Tiny screen but in PC mode I have a "full screen" button next to the volume or I can just double click on the video.

Posted by: fink (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:14PM

Right clicking on the video and selecting Zoom-->Full Screen seems to work for me.

Date: February 23, 2007 07:17PM

St. Lawrence already up 2-0 on Q 5:32 into the first
Brown 1 RPI 0

Someone else can start the game thread. I'm 0-0-0 and don't want to tempt fate.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2007 07:19PM by nyc94.

Date: February 23, 2007 07:20PM

Al DeFlorio
cbuckser
So...I thought I'd watch some swimming in the meantime and, instead, Random-Access is giving me a Princeton women's basketball game. Terrific.
Now the link for 6pm, 2/23 swimming and diving vs. "team not in our db" has been quietly deleted. It was better when I could watch Princeton women's basketball.

No audio yet from Hanover.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.201.---)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:20PM

i'd do it... but something tells me that I wouldn;t ever update it...

I bought it...
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:25PM

And it goes thru March 23. All the way thru the playoffs.

Re: I bought it...
Date: February 23, 2007 07:26PM

Awful quality on the Cornell-Yale basketball videocast. But it is running.

Dartmouth just took $7.95 of my money.
Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:27PM

I writing to inform everyone that I am running Firefox with Rosetta on my Macbook Pro and it worked like a charm (with the test video). I am hoping to see a good hockey game here in a minute.

Re: Video for Dartmouth - no video 4 minutes before faceoff
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:28PM

Theft of Cornell intellectual property? Dartmouth's video feed isn't up 4 minutes before game. The basketball game has a horrible echo of the the audio. Just like CSTV except you're paying some other shabby operation.

Re: Dartmouth sucks.
Date: February 23, 2007 07:34PM

You can't resize the video. How idiotic. What a ripoff.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:39PM

I have video but only ambient sounds. Anybody have video with announcers?
I may try both feeds at once. The Cornell audio feed doesn't seem to be up.

Gosh this is annoying.

Date: February 23, 2007 07:46PM

Cornell audio just came up.

Re: I bought it...
Date: February 23, 2007 07:48PM

Good quality on Dartmouth video. No Play by play. I can open free audio, but it's 7 seconds behind the video.

Date: February 23, 2007 07:48PM

Keeping the Dartmouth 'cast handy just in case...

Video and audio
Date: February 23, 2007 07:50PM

Video: Double click on the screen and you get full screen.

Audio: Free audio is seven seconds delayed. Open in Second Window.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 07:53PM

Did the cameraman just run out to take a dump for a few minutes?

Kyle

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 23, 2007 08:02PM

Are you managing to watch this on Linux? I couldn't get the media player to come up and give me a URL like it did for the sample video. And I can't make this work under windoze either; according to their FAQ I need to disable all my security software and configure my router for multicasting. WTF?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Video and audio
Date: February 23, 2007 08:03PM

TimV
Video: Double click on the screen and you get full screen.

Nope I'm on a mac. That doesn't work.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)

There is no audio with the video. Is this some sort of a cruel joke?

It took me a while to find the magic combo to actually lauch the video. I had to log in three times. Keep trying.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)

jtwcornell91
Are you managing to watch this on Linux? I couldn't get the media player to come up and give me a URL like it did for the sample video.
I didn't even try. It's a one-off, and I got home late, so I just loaded up Windows and it worked on the first try. Clearly, YMMV. :-/

Kyle

Date: February 23, 2007 08:05PM

Time to shed your childish toys...:-):-)

Date: February 23, 2007 08:08PM

TimV
Time to shed your childish toys...:-):-)

Time for fucking athletic departments to pull their heads out of their arses and stop trying to proscribe our platforms! :-(

Date: February 23, 2007 08:12PM

Oat
You can't resize the video. How idiotic. What a ripoff.

Big Green applies to the team, not the video size. Harking back to the old nickname: You just got scalped.

Date: February 23, 2007 08:15PM

:-D

Re: Video for Dartmouth - remember to cancel
Date: March 20, 2007 09:13PM

If you bought the Dartmouth video package for last month's Cornell game at Dartmouth, remember to cancel - Dartmouth like Cornell renews in perpetuity unless you cancel your one-month package. Go to this link to cancel: [www.nmnathletics.com]. Once you're there it takes about three clicks. Look for the very small Cancel button.

Re: Video for Dartmouth - remember to cancel
Date: March 21, 2007 02:17AM

Yeah, great system. I forgot what username and password I used, so I followed the "forgot password" link and they claimed they were emailing my password to me, which never happened. And I tried twice. Fortunately, I went to an environment where I had the password cached and was ultimately able to cancel. But good strategy on their part, refusing to send me the information I needed to prevent automatic renewal. rolleyes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login