Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

All Access complaints

Posted by judy 
All Access complaints
Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2007 09:23PM

Since I had subscribed at the start of the season, and then cancelled in November just before I left the country for a month, All Access has decided to send me a Customer Satisfaction survey.
I think we all know it's going to be a Customer Dissatisfaction survey. I figured that since I'm not the only one who's bitched and complained about this thing, I'll throw it out to the general public in case they might actually read this thing and work on fixing some of this.

Any opinions that get logged here before noontime Saturday (EST) I'll take into account and try to include in the long essay portion of the survey. So, here we go.

Free form questions:
- Please tell us what you were most dissatisfied with about All-Access.
- What, if anything, could we do to encourage you to resubscribe to All-Access? Choices: Offer more video coverage, Reduce price subscription, Offer sport-specific subscriptions (football only, basketball only, etc), nothing, other (please specify)

Off the top of my head, complaints to include:
- being able to fix the feed BEFORE the game is over
- being aware of the lack of a feed DURING the game
- being able to use All Access on something other than IE on a windows machine
- being able to resubscribe using the same email address

Have at it, and I'll enter it all into the survey in a couple of days. Thanks!

Re: All Access complaints
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2007 09:55PM

Just received the same survey, although I resubscribed two weekends ago (just in time for Sacred Heart:`-( ).

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: January 18, 2007 09:04AM

Al DeFlorio
Just received the same survey, although I resubscribed two weekends ago (just in time for Sacred Heart:`-( ).
Exactly the same situation for me. At least All-Access is trying to understand what's causing people to cancel. That's a good sign.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (209.68.66.---)
Date: January 18, 2007 09:49AM

We can all hope. Until then let's pray that all the other teams keep offering us free audio &/or video as a backup. It's great to get your money's worth somewhere.

I tried Mac OS X/Firefox/Quicktime for the Clarkson game last week and was frustrated, as were many others, by the freeze-ups. But after I switched to XP/IE7/WMP11 it worked flawlessly. Just a thought.

Date: January 18, 2007 09:53AM

Johnny 5
We can all hope. Until then let's pray that all the other teams keep offering us free audio &/or video as a backup. It's great to get your money's worth somewhere.

I tried Mac OS X/Firefox/Quicktime for the Clarkson game last week and was frustrated, as were many others, by the freeze-ups. But after I switched to XP/IE7/WMP11 it worked flawlessly. Just a thought.
This stuff just never seems to be that simple. I have that same set of software, and there were periods where the webcast was "flawless" but other periods where it would freeze every ten or so seconds and have to be restarted.

Date: January 18, 2007 10:54AM

True. I'm connected via Verizon DSL. Maybe I was just lucky.

Date: January 18, 2007 11:23AM

Johnny 5
True. I'm connected via Verizon DSL. Maybe I was just lucky.
We have Comcast cable. It's all a mystery.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 18, 2007 11:37AM

Would this be the place to bring up Mac compatibility / being able to purchase All-Access with a Canadian credit card?

Date: January 18, 2007 11:41AM

Sure. Are they related in some strange fashion?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2007 11:49AM

ebilmes
Would this be the place to bring up Mac compatibility / being able to purchase All-Access with a Canadian credit card?

Preferably if you phrase it in such a way that doesn't imply that all they have to do to fix the problem is make the feed viewable on IE for Mac.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 18, 2007 11:57AM

That's only true if All-Access is purchased using a Canadian credit card.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 18, 2007 02:01PM

jtwcornell91
ebilmes

Preferably if you phrase it in such a way that doesn't imply that all they have to do to fix the problem is make the feed viewable on IE for Mac.

Yikes. That'd be a disaster for Mac users, too. MS no longer supports IE for Mac, and I'm reasonably sure that most people with Macs less than 2 years old don't even have it.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2007 02:19PM

ebilmes
I believe the Canadian card issue has been resolved. I'd suggest you just discuss those areas where you have had problems yourself. Otherwise your response may well just be discarded as someone who is just mouthing off and isn't really having those problems.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 18, 2007 02:33PM

Not being an All-Access subscriber myself, I have no survey to fill out. I was just making sure that those who did receive survey requests mentioned these issues.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 18, 2007 03:21PM

Al DeFlorio
Johnny 5

This stuff just never seems to be that simple. I have that same set of software, and there were periods where the webcast was "flawless" but other periods where it would freeze every ten or so seconds and have to be restarted.

I watched the Clarkson video this weekend on OS X in Windows Media player with no problems. Well, the video was tiny and poor quality, but it was smooth.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2007 04:19PM

Jim Hyla
ebilmes
I believe the Canadian card issue has been resolved. I'd suggest you just discuss those areas where you have had problems yourself. Otherwise your response may well just be discarded as someone who is just mouthing off and isn't really having those problems.

Do you know if it's only Canadian and US now, or would, say, a German billing address work?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2007 10:55PM

jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla
ebilmes

Do you know if it's only Canadian and US now, or would, say, a German billing address work?
? doubtful, but I don't know.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 20, 2007 02:24AM

well my first all-access game and what can i say? the feed was great but i didnt realy like that i saw the final score pop up across my screen 2 mins into watching my archived version of the game. ( i was at work late and couldn't watch the live game feed) real smart CSTV!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login