Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Other Saturday Jan 6 games

Posted by TimV 
Other Saturday Jan 6 games
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:10PM

Sucks takes 30 seconds to lead Union 1-0.

Re: Other Saturday Jan 6 games
Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.10.97.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:14PM

TimV

It's about time to begin that yearly second half Sucks charge.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:18PM

And Brown needed just 47 seconds to score against Yale. Now 2-0 at 5:11 of the 1st.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:27PM

And DC is up 4-0 over RPI. :-(

What's up with The 'Tute?
Date: January 06, 2007 07:30PM

They were very optimistic at the beginning of the year, have a new coach with a supposedly wide open style, and good experienced goaltending.

And they always seem to give us fits.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:35PM

ebilmes
TimV

Someone is going to have to Gillooly them in Albany.

Posted by: Molly (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr1.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:38PM

Gillooly?

I think I need a translation...stupid

P and Q
Date: January 06, 2007 07:40PM

Scoreless after 1 period.

Re: What's up with The 'Tute?
Date: January 06, 2007 07:40PM

TimV
They were very optimistic at the beginning of the year, have a new coach with a supposedly wide open style, and good experienced goaltending.

And they always seem to give us fits.

RPI doesn't have the players for a wide-open style, and it will take at least two years to have any hope to have them,

Re: P and Q
Date: January 06, 2007 07:44PM

Game's on NESN, for anyone interested.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:44PM

Molly
Gillooly?

Date: January 06, 2007 07:46PM

Molly
Gillooly?

Shows how old I am. Jeff Gillooly was Tonya Harding's husband and was convicted of hiring the guy that whacked Nancy Kerrigan in the knee prior to the Olympics of 1994.

Posted by: Molly (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr1.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:00PM

I think it's less how old you are and more how embarrassingly bad my memory is...blush

Thanks for the translation guys.

Union and Harvard tied at 1
Date: January 06, 2007 08:00PM

a few minutes into the second period. On TW-3 in the Capital District.

Date: January 06, 2007 08:02PM

Molly
I think it's less how old you are and more how embarrassingly bad my memory is...blush

Thanks for the translation guys.

It also helps that there was a Seinfeld episode where George bowled over Bette Midler at home plate in a Broadway League softball game. Jerry's girlfriend was the understudy and got the lead part because of this. Jerry complains that people on the street are calling him "Gillooly".

Now Union 2-1
Date: January 06, 2007 08:06PM

11:41 left in 2nd

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:22PM

Princeton's uniforms might look better if they had the new style uni's. **]

Date: January 06, 2007 08:29PM

5-1 DC over RPI after 2 periods

Date: January 06, 2007 08:31PM

Scoreless after 2 periods

Date: January 06, 2007 09:16PM

Final DC 6 RPI 2 yark

Harvard comes back
Date: January 06, 2007 09:21PM

3-2 final

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 07, 2007 10:20AM

ebilmes
TimV

You mean aside from totally choking in the Beanpot. (The upset of BC earlier this season notwithstanding.)

Re: Harvard comes back
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 07, 2007 10:29AM

TimV
3-2 final

Nate Leaman returns from World Juniors for third period as Dutchmen can't quite keep their fingers in the dike.

Scoring
Harvard 1 0 2 = 3
Union 0 2 0 = 2

Shots on Goal
Sucks 7 8 14 = 29
Onion 9 15 8 = 32

[timesunion.com]

Exhibition games that matter
Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 03:51PM

I find this rather strange, but it seems that Nick Dodge will have to miss Clarkson's next game against Colgate for his high-sticking DQ in Clarkson's exhibition win vs. McGill.

Not that I'm complaining (cuz Clarkson sucks), but exhibitions against Canadian universities aren't real games, and to effect on ECAC league play seems quizzical.

Re: Exhibition games that matter
Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 04:11PM

CM cWo 44
I find this rather strange, but it seems that Nick Dodge will have to miss Clarkson's next game against Colgate for his high-sticking DQ in Clarkson's exhibition win vs. McGill.

Not that I'm complaining (cuz Clarkson sucks), but exhibitions against Canadian universities aren't real games, and to effect on ECAC league play seems quizzical.

The only alternatives are:

1) A game DQ in an exhibition game wouldn't affect you at all, which would open the door to consequence-free violent play in exhibition games; or
2) A game DQ in an exhibition game means you can't play in the next exhibition game, which could be as much as a year away.

Neither makes anywhere near as much sense as: A game DQ is a game DQ. You miss the next game, period.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Harvard comes back
Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 05:07PM

I don't see what Suzanne Hanrahan has to do with any of this.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 05:38PM

Beeeej
CM cWo 44

The only alternatives are:

1) A game DQ in an exhibition game wouldn't affect you at all, which would open the door to consequence-free violent play in exhibition games; or
2) A game DQ in an exhibition game means you can't play in the next exhibition game, which could be as much as a year away.

Neither makes anywhere near as much sense as: A game DQ is a game DQ. You miss the next game, period.

except Dodge was booted for injuring the McGill player, who was wearing a half face shield, but a full cage*. if the player had a full cage, the injury would not have occurred

*I have no first hand knowledge of this, only what I have heard from friends

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 06:38PM

Dpperk29
except Dodge was booted for injuring the McGill player, who was wearing a half face shield, but a full cage*. if the player had a full cage, the injury would not have occurred

*I have no first hand knowledge of this, only what I have heard from friends
IMO, the extent of the injury shouldn't have any effect on whether a major or DQ is called. If Dodge took a swing at the guys head with intent it's worthy of a major/DQ whether or not the opponent was hurt or not. based on this standard it makes no difference whether the McGill player was wearing a full face shield or a half-shield.

Now, we all know that referees often base their calls on the extent of injury. But that's not the point.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 08, 2007 06:42PM

yes referees almost always base there penalties on severity of injuries. but from what I have HEARD about the incident, if the guy had a facemask on it would have been almost a non-issue 2 minute minor. Blood makes things look alot worse

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 09, 2007 11:09PM

From what those at the game said, there was clearly no intent. It was an accident all the way.

However, using the "you are responsible for your stick" rule, it's still a major. But a DQ? That's a judgement call.

Re: Other Saturday Jan 6 (and Tuesday Jan 9) games
Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: January 10, 2007 09:21AM

Princeton beats QU 4-2 at Northford Ice Pavillion:

[www.uscho.com]

Princeton now tied with us at 11 points, though we have 4 games in-hand. Probably more importantly, though, QU doesn't get 2 more to go up on us by 6 (they've also played 4 more than we have).

Let's hope the North Country is kind to us with some points this weekend.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 10, 2007 02:09PM

Rich S
From what those at the game said, there was clearly no intent. It was an accident all the way.

However, using the "you are responsible for your stick" rule, it's still a major. But a DQ? That's a judgement call.

You sure? In some leagues (IINM the CHL), blood triggers an automatic DQ and league review.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2007 10:54AM

Trotsky
Rich S

You sure? In some leagues (IINM the CHL), blood triggers an automatic DQ and league review.

I had assumed the NCAA used the NHL convention that blood without intent meant a double minor.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: January 18, 2007 12:20AM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky
Rich S

I had assumed the NCAA used the NHL convention that blood without intent meant a double minor.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess this is one time Rich actually knows what he's talking about, as he is a coach, and IIRC has reffed. I was just surprised.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login