Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson video feed tonight

Posted by sah67 
Clarkson video feed tonight
Posted by: sah67 (---.ciw.cornell.edu)
Date: January 13, 2007 11:06AM

For those who are unaware:

[www.clarksonathletics.com]

Re: Clarkson video feed tonight
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 11:28AM

Maybe we could send Jeremy Hartigan up to Potsdam to see how they do it.pop

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 12:15PM

Yes, I just accessed the Clarkson link & the archived games open fine. So, I'm assuming the live games will, also. And, I can view it on the Mac side of my Wintel MBP laptop using Quicktime. Unlike CSTV, which forces us to use IE on a PC, & even then half the time the feed is down. I've stopped counting the number of times I've had to call CSTV tech support, only to be stuck on hold for 2 full periods. Too bad that I'm paying monthly for the CSTV service, but I listened to the UNH game from their audio feed & watched the St. Lawrence game on their video feed. See a pattern here? There must be a better way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2007 02:13PM by axolotl64.

Re: Clarkson video feed tonight - and free, too
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 01:58PM

[url
http://www.clarksonathletics.com//Sports/gen/2006/hocbroadcastcentral.aspVideo[/url] Streaming of ... Men's and Women's home games ... by the University's student-TV station will be available on the web ... for a free trial period.

This is such an odd combination of words in the same paragraph. Has anyone seen that construct used on www.cornellbigred.com?

Re: Clarkson video feed tonight - and free, too
Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2007 04:23PM

nope never have

Posted by: Avash (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 06:12PM

Sooo... it looks like the video is up already. But when I click on it, it works for exactly 12 seconds (every time) and then cuts out, and I have to click play again. Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Now it's not working at all, although the site does say it gets activated 15 mins before game time. Maybe they were just testing it out or something.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2007 06:24PM by Avash '05.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 06:43PM

It's up now.

Date: January 13, 2007 06:52PM

The Clarkson feed has video insets for stats, too. Be still my heart.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 13, 2007 07:32PM

Hard to say whether I'd rather have no video stream at all, or a video stream that feeds about 45 seconds of video and audio per minute like Clarkson's seems to. That makes it useless after about the first minute without hitting "refresh" - which, each time I hit it, puts me in the dark for about twenty seconds.

I think SLU had the right idea; limit the number of connections, that way you don't spread your resources too thin.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 13, 2007 07:41PM

Beeeej
Hard to say whether I'd rather have no video stream at all, or a video stream that feeds about 45 seconds of video and audio per minute like Clarkson's seems to. That makes it useless after about the first minute without hitting "refresh" - which, each time I hit it, puts me in the dark for about twenty seconds.

I think SLU had the right idea; limit the number of connections, that way you don't spread your resources too thin.

Mine has been fine throughout (except for a handful of brief freezes and one protracted period filmed through a used condom), but I'm running on a very fast system.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2007 07:54PM

I was fine until the last five or so minutes, when it freezes several times a minute.

Date: January 13, 2007 08:20PM

Trotsky
Beeeej

Mine has been fine throughout (except for a handful of brief freezes and one protracted period filmed through a used condom), but I'm running on a very fast system.

I'm not on an obscenely fast system or anything, but it's new enough and fast enough never to have any problems with anybody else's streaming video, and I shut down everything else besides IRC. I suspect there are just too many connections, and a few are getting better performance than the rest.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 13, 2007 09:08PM

Try shutting down IRC too.

Date: January 13, 2007 10:21PM

Trotsky
Try shutting down IRC too.

Who would I complain to in real-time about the quality of the video?

IRC isn't nearly bandwidth-intensive enough to make the kind of difference I was seeing all game.

- Steve Worona

No archive likely
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2007 11:47PM

Based on the archive page as currently linked, it doesn't look promising for a future archive of CU @ CTT. Only the first five games of the season link to archived files as of this evening.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2007 03:47AM

Beeeej

Why would you complain about free video?

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2007 02:29PM

Liz '05
Beeeej

He's a lawyer. They always complain. :-D

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2007 12:42AM

Liz '05
Beeeej

Why wouldn't I complain about any streaming video where I have to hit "refresh" every two minutes or so in order to watch 45 seconds in a row of hockey and miss the other 75? As I said above, it was almost worse than not having video at all.

- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login